SMILEYVILLE - Aug 25

August

Cathlete
party0042.gif
Morning Smileyville!
party0042.gif

I'm just gonna hop right in and tell you.

I cannot find a freaking exercise bra.
2mo5pow.gif

Or rather, I can only find two kinds and I don't like either. They don't have clasps in the front or back --- they're the kinds where you pull it off and on over your head like a giant tight rubber band. Like I need more incentive to stop working out?
gigglesmile.gif

Not sure what to do about this. Though one solution would be to stop doing cardio.

14k8gag.gif

I did Christi's Hi-Lo Heaven again today and got more of the moves down. Woo hoo! And I followed it with an egg-white fresh dill, onion, spinach omelet and toast with pesto sauce. Yum!

m141.gif

(The Pillsbury Doughman flying high after bathing in pesto.)

I'm off to work today, so I need to find some outdoor pajamas now.

dancegirl2.gif

DANA I'm wishing you great Back-To-School vibes! Did you do KB today?

MICHELE LOL about Leanne's "date"! I think you need to set up something for yourself with that man. He should come and visit YOU.

Those big emoticons I was using were from a different place. Lemme see about Dana's link...

Nope. Can't do nothin' but download the image onto my computer. Is it because we are Mac users? Dana's so mean! LOL.

JENNIFER Welcome home! That's wonderful that the family get-together was such a success. And a free cottage, too? Wow, that's fantastic!

All right guys, I'm off. See you in a whiley, Smilies!
3.gif

rolleye0015.gif
LMAO!

Yes, he's a cutie!

>Would you like me to send you a spsorts bra?

Oh, you silly, sweet woman. Thank you for your offer. I'm just not sure how sports bras work if you don't try them on. Do those things usually sell by S, M, L? Or is it by bra size? I have to do some research. LOL.

Morning Smiling friends.

Michele, I love your "purty" smilie. You should look into taking a trip to San Diego to visit Coach Sean. Throw in a nice hotel room, some kind of spa visit and several nice lunches and dinners, and you'd all set to go back home and face the damily. And your family are all in my prayers.

August, all my workout bras and tops slip on over the head. I don't have any with clasps. But I'm very, um, underendowed, so a tight rubber band would probably do the trick for me.

We had a nice weekend, in spite of me feeling sick for half of it. As long as I was busy, I didn't notice the headache and upset stomach, but as soon as I'd slow down, I'd have my "slop bucket" close at hand, just in case. Of course, now that it's Monday, I feel fine. Back to work I go, tra la!

Hi to Dana, Jen, Jennifer, Becky and the other Robin.

Hello Everyone.
Michele-Coach Sean is a Babe.
August-Did you check out VS?
Robin-Glad you're feeling better.
Dana-Have fun at school.
Next weekend will be in Detroit for the Renaisance Faire. I will be coming home early at least one day this week.

Hello Ladies of Smileyville!
I am somewhat new to Cathe, and I enjoyed reading your thread this morning, although I didn't totally get all of it, but that's the best kind of thread! Some other new cathlete wannabes have started a daily check in for beginners "Cathletic Supporters", and I would like to put cute little smilies in my thread, but can't figure out how to get them from the smileycentral website to the thread. Would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to do this? I am dying to express myself through smilies:) :) :) ! August would you like me to send you a sports bra?
Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Hello Lisa.
Welcome to the Group.
Please tell us more about you, if you'd like. We're from all over the country and overseas here. And, Smileyville is a nice place to be.

Hello All,
I am 34 years old (female), married with two children ages 5 and 8, just finished my residency in Internal Medicine in Ohio, moved to Texas 2 months ago where I am starting a fellowship in Endocrinology, am taking my internal medicine boards this Thursday and am madly studying while taking computer breaks. I have been dreaming of having time to exercise and plan a mindful diet, and now I have it, so there are no excuses (there never were I guess...), I came across Cathe videos last month on videofitness website, and purchased some of them, along with a pretty pink and teal club step which makes me happy every time I look at it (and use it :)) because it is the same kind I used to use when I worked out regularly in step class about ten years ago and felt good about my fitness level. I am grappling with the kind of rotation to follow, but am just trying something new every day. But enough about me. Thanks for asking. What about all of you? How long have you been checking in, and what are your fitness goals?
Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa.
As you can tell by my sign on name, I am from MI and have lived here all of my life. Originally from the Metro Detroit area and grew up on an island then moved to northern MI for 4 years of high school then college. I am divorced, homeowner, and been at my current employer for almost 20 years. No kids just cats. I've been working out since 1988when I found out I had a high LDL and high blood pressure. I discovered Cathe during my divorce on Collage Video but didn't get her workout tape cause it was her wedding one. Later, I held off until I bought a DVD player 3 years ago when the Hardcore series was just finished and preorders began for the 06 Series. Now, Cathe is my numero uno for workouts. I recommend her to everyone. Been a Hater for about one year or less. My fitness goal is to tone up, be strong, and stay healthy.
Only the best to you on your board exams. My Dad is a retired Osteopathic physician. He graduated number one in his class from Chicago and was a GP for awhile then went into ER and sports medicine. Now, he's a medical missionary to Africa, South America, etc..

Hello Jennifer!
What was it like growing up on an island in (Lake Michigan?) That sounds wonderful. I am very impressed that your father is a missionary. I really wanted to do that kind of work, but I am not trained in pediatrics because one of the things I learned about myself in medical school is that I am too emotional to be effective treating sick children. Which Cathe DVDs do you do on a regular basis? My goal is to do something different every day to keep from getting bored. I have a borderline LDL, a low HDL, and a very strong family history of diabetes. I am too scared to check my blood pressure at the moment. Thanks for the well wishes concerning my boards. What do you mean you've "been a hater for a year or less"?

Hello Lisa.
The island was on the Detroit River near Lake Erie. It was very cool. Canada on one side, mainland USA on the other and Downtown Detroit just north of us. There were lots of kids and was very fun. It was like living in a small town although we were part of a major metro area. Great neighbours and friends, whom I still am in contact with most of them.
Once I get back into my routine, I will first start with 4DS but do KB/Drills together and then both step routines together into two workouts, then move onto the 06 series, then to the Hardcore, then Body Blast, etc.. My faves are Low Max, Muscle Max, Step Blast, IMAX2, and Cardio &Weights.
Our group used to be called the Haters cause some hate cardio but now we're Smileyville.
Most American Medical missionary groups will accept you though you're not involved in pediatrics. My Dad in South America (Amazon Basin) treated kids but in Romania, he has helped adults as well.
As you know, stress adds to numbers of LDL,HDL, Blood pressure, and Sugar (triglyercides) so don't check your numbers till WAY after your boards.
What part of OH are you from? Toledo was only about 90 minutes from Grosse Ile. And, I've been to Columbus and Delaware, which are both nice.

Have a Great Night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.