Slow and Heavy Week of Aug. 30th

heartymax

Cathlete
Gym Style Legs was definitely a change from Slow and Heavy Legs. It has been a while since I've done GS Legs so I wasn't mentally prepared for the faster reps. I started out with 50lbs for squats as I had been doing with S&H (was wondering why Cathe and the crew said 40lbs)...then I quickly made a change to the weights as I realized the reps were faster. I am not a fan of floor work, but I truly enjoyed some hamstring floor work and other thigh band work. I skipped the inner thigh workout due to limited time today. It is the kids first day of school.

The family went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. I saved up some calories and got in a good cardio workout yesterday so I could enjoy some cake. It was sooooo delicious. Hubby brought the rest home...and I told him to take it to work today so I we wouldn't eat anymore. I am working too hard to eat cake the rest of the week. :D

Hope everyone had a good workout today.

Happy Birthday! :)

A Hardcore Extreme cardio workout is waiting for me right now, and I have S&H Chest and Back on tap for this afternoon or evening. It's been well over a year since I've done a S&H rotation, so I have no clue what's in store for me. Yikes!

Hope the kids have a fun school year.

Laughingwater....I had just purchased Slow and Heavy a few weeks before starting the rotation. I had done the workouts just a few times and realized how much I like them. People are always comparing S&H and GS...I guess I will be able to compare at the end of this rotation. My legs are SORE!!!! I hope I can move for a cardio workout tomorrow.LOL!

I forgot to post yesterday, I did Legs and Shoulders with the same weights I used the last time. I really enjoy this rotation and usually use S&H when I don't know what else to do.

Today will be cardio, running on the treadmill, abs and stretching. I will post with the results.

Cheryl

My legs are SORE! That hamstring work with the band in GS is a killer. I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out which workout I could get through this morning with aching legs. I finally chose to do a premix from Drill Max for 40 minutes of cardio. It came close to being an unexpected rest day.

Have a great workout today!

Today I ran 4.5 miles and did some ab work. I have a love/hate thing with GS Legs, especially the lunges that go 4 down, hold for 4, 1/2 way up 4 and then up 4 or something like that. The first time I did it I thought I was going to collapse and never get back up again and forget about walking!! I really like the floor work in GS Legs, but then again I love band work.

Cheryl

Hi Ladies, :)

MMA Kickbox on the heavy bag this morning with S&H Legs this afternoon. As everyone has pointed out, the cardio wasn't super intense, but I like to pair an easier workout with a leg DVD. I think I could have gone heavier with my poundage ~ we'll see if I'm sore tomorrow.

I swear, since doing STS a couple of times, I'm increasing my weights way more often than in the past. Part of it is, I'm sure, being aware of when to increase. I'm hoping the other part of that equation is simply me getting stronger. :eek:

I agree ~ GS Legs can be nasty!

Today was GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I can definitely tell that I am getting a little stronger during this rotation. I am starting to like band exercises..

Hi ladies,

Today was suppose to be Back and Chest but I burned my index finger and thumb on my left hand last night taking dinner out of the oven, I used the wrong pot holder and ouch!!!

So needless to say I couldn't grip dumbbells so I'll have to switch days, so today I did Tracey Staehle's Coire Strength and Conditioning and Cathe's Stretch Max with the band. I also ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill.

Hopefull tomorrow it will feel better and I get back on track.

Have a great day!
Cheryl

I hope your hand heals quickly, Cheryl!

Logging in with the 39 minute DM cardio premix this morning and S&H Triceps and Biceps late this afternoon. I must have found the perfect weight right away ~ I'm still shaky.

I was praying through those barbell curls.
weightlifting.gif

FabAbs......I hope your hand feels better today. I am impressed that you were able to do any type of workout. You are so committed!!!

As you know I am not a fan of kickboxing----but I did KickBox from the Cross Train Express series today. It was 30 minutes. Kick Max was scheduled but I recently got CTX series and wanted to give one of them a try. I like KickBox much better than Kick Max.

Laughing Water-----I LOVE Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps. I think it has awaken my tricep muscles tremendously!

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well today my finger is better than my thumb, so consequently I had to go lighter for chest and back so I didn't drop the dumbbells!!

I used 15 lbs for chest presses and 10 lbs for flies, 15 for back extensions, 15 lbs for dead lifts. I am really beginning to like planks except the backwards plank it's an uncomfortable position for my wrists.

I'll be doing cardio later on because I'm too hungry to do it now. I was looking through my DVD's yesterday to see what I had and I found a couple of Billy Blanks Tae Bo so maybe I'll do that later on instead of running, we'll see.

Have a great day!
Cheryl

Hi Ladies, :)

Cheryl, I'm glad to hear you are able to lift. I was a MESS during the S&H planks, shakin' all over the place. :D

Hearty, I just got KickMax in the mail today. My 15 y/o loves kickboxing, so I bought it for her, but I'm sure I'll be using it too.

I had S&H Legs on tap for today, but I switched to PLB last minute. Had some fun with Step Moves this morning too. I think I'm finally getting some of the choreography down.

Cheryl, I am glad that you hand is better.

LaughingWater----I like Step Moves---not fond of Athletic Step though because the music is not fun at all. Took me a while too to get all the moves down to Step Moves and I really enjoy it.

This morning was Tracey Staehle's Core Strength and Conditioning and Cathe's Stretch Max with the resistance band.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cheryl

I forgot to check in this morning. I did HiIT 40/20, Core and stretch from Butts and Gutts. It was my first time doing HiIT 40/20 and I love this one. I absolutely could not do butt kicks, but can complete or modify any other moves as needed. I didn't preview the workout before doing it...so I could do was stand there and stare when they were doing butt kicks because I knew there was no way in the world that I would probably ever be able to do that. The workout was fun!

Hee...when I do 40/20, it's more like 30/30. :p

Logging in with 4DS Upper Body premix. I tried using the new stretch bands and whoa...they are a LOT tougher than my other two. Even the pink (light) one seems to have more resistance than my old green (medium) one.

Have a nice evening, girls. :)

Today was GS Chest and Triceps. My chest muscles are not that strong and I have a difficult time wth pushups which makes me not fond of GS. I would prefer SH for chest. I modify pushups and do less of them.

Have a great Labor Day weekend ladies!

Today was S&H Bi's and Tri's, I really like the core work in the workout, but I like core work in general so that's no surprise. Also, I added Kelly Coffey Meyer's Cardio Blast Plyo and 2 miles running on the treadmill.

Okay, so now I'm back on track, Monday will be GS Legs, I am NOT looking forward to how sore I will be Tuesday, I do however like the floor work because I get to lay down!!!

Hope you guys have a great day!
Cheryl

I modify pushups and do less of them.
I can get through them if I take longer rests in between sets. I can knock out the first 16. The end of the set of 14 starts getting a little shallow. :eek: That's when I start resting a good 30 seconds or so between sets. Otherwise, at this point, I wouldn't be able to stay on my toes.

Someday I hope to keep up. Someday... :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.