Slow and Heavy week of Aug 23rd

heartymax

Cathlete
I felt good after my rest day yesterday.:D I usually don't do a leg workout every week, so I am enjoying this. I had actually worked legs two weeks in a row prior to the rotation. I usually complete upper body or a total body. I have Pyramid Lower Body and Gym Style Legs and I think I have used them few times. I love Butts and Gutts but rarely reach for it. This rotation is helping me focus more. I recently purchased CTX so now I own leaner legs. Woo--Hoo may after this strong and heavy rotation....I will actually continue adding one leg workout a week.

Okay----let me get back on topic here-----Squats and Plies with 50 lbs. Tried Static Lunges with 50lbs.....I not sure why....I think I forgot how much weight I had as I transition from one exercise to the other. I quickly changed to 30lbs. When Cathe said it was like doing a one legged squat----I knew there was no way as I had just completed a "two legged" squat with 50lbs.

Front Raises, Side Lateral raises, posterior delt raises-----5 lbs. I tried to do one set of the posterior delt raises with 8's but could only do about 4 reps. I did the first set of shoulder presses with 8lbs and the second set with 10lbs. I tried to rotator cup exercise at the end with my 3lbs. Still not confident on the form, but I could feel the burn.

Wish I had time for some added cardio....but gotta head off to work soon.

Well, today was tough, my shoulders are still sore from Saturday's workout.

For legs it was 2 20lb dumbbells for lunges and 20 lb dumbbell for squats and pile squates. Side lunges I also used a 20 lb dumbbell.

For shoulders I stayed the same as Saturday but doing the posterior delt raises was hard even with 5 lbs!!

5 lbs for front raises, 5 lbs for side raises, 5 lbs for posterior delt raises, 8 lbs for shoulder presses, 3 lbs for external lying rotations.

Cheryl

I opted for Athletic Step as my cardio today. I don't have KPC, but I do have Kick Max. I rarely do a kickbox tape because I find it hard to do some of the foot moves because I workout in carpeted area.

This was only my second time doing Athletic Step....now I remember why I don't reach for this one. The music is horrible....it is so off beat and just not fun music. I like the step routine though. I was caught off guard at the end of the routine---just like I was the first time I did it. Cathe combines all the step routines at the end which makes you think that is the end of the workout like she does in some of her other steps. Well-----she had another part coming and I had mentally started preparing for my cool down. She knew people thought that and made a comment about. I thought it was so funny---because I definitely thought the workout was over.

Hope you have a fun workout. I am dreading tomorrow's workout already. CHEST------ouch.

Almost forgot to post. I really can't do step, I just can't get the hang of it the only step I can do is Cathe's Basic Step so instead I ran for 4 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Cheryl

I was not looking forward to chest today. I did bench presses and flies with 12lbs . Last week I did 15/12....but didn't feel like I had the energy to do 15 today. Presses on the incline were 12 and flies were 12/10. For some reason I feel a good tricep workout when I am doing flies so can I skip triceps workout this week:D? I did the pushups---modified version on my knees and using the old wood step that I still have from when I used to do the FIRM. All Back exercises were at 12 lbs and 15 lbs. Finished off with the supermans....but those planks are a killer. I am not even sure how many seconds I can hold it....but not long for sure.

You mentioned that you don't do Cathe's step. I figured whatever cardio works will be great for the rotation. You better believe that I won't be doing IMAX 3 in the morning. I own it......but too many Plyo's and other high impact moves for me. I occassionally do half of the workout...but rarely all of it. It is a killer.

Hello FabAbs. Noticed you didn't check in yesterday. Hope everything is okay. I notice that you run several miles a day. I have never been a runner but truly admire those who love the sport. One of my closest friends runs daily and is really into marathons.

Today's cardio workout was the Timesaver Cardio Blast (48 minutes) from Low Impact Cardio Circuit. Looking forward to Bi's and Tri's tomorrow.....I think it is my favorite of the Slow and Heavy.

Hi heartymax,

No, I didn't have chance to check in yesterday or workout. I had a funeral to go to, my cousin's daughter died Saturday morning.

I'm going to double up today to make up for yesterday.

Hope you have a great day!
Cheryl

Just finished Triceps and Biceps. I could barely lift my arms to stretch the triceps at the end. My muscles are totally fried. My 42nd birthday is Sunday and my kids start school on Monday. It will be a very busy weekend.

I hope your muscles are not as tired as mine.

Well, I had to take yesterday as an off day, way tooo much to do. My daughter had to register for school and all of that good stuff.

I just finished tri's and bi's and I'm pretty sore too. I really don't care too much for tricep dips so I did overhead presses with 10's any heavier and I would of dropped it!! Off to do some cardio now, running on the treadmill.

Cheryl

Today I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill and did Cathe's Stretch Max with the resistance band.

Because last week was all over the place I'm going to repeat it this week and hopefully it will work out this week!!!

Have a great Sunday,
Cheryl

I took my rest day yesterday instead of today. Just finished the Cardio Blast from Drill Max. I need to burn some calories in preparation for the dessert I will have at dinner tonight. :D Not sure if I am looking forward to legs tommorrow. I am truly thinking about doing this rotation for 6 weeks instead of 4. I am having fun and seeing results!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.