Sleepover Peepover!!!

elliemom

Cathlete
Hi Peeps,

Gayle (banslug) and I were up til 11:30 last night!!!! This sleepover thing is a blast! Our boys are getting along beautifully and having a lot of fun. We are really looking forward to our tri-stater luncheon today. :D:D:D:D:D

If you ever get the chance to get together with your Cathe friends- DO IT
It is sooooo worth it. We are meeting Jerry and his DW and Phyllis and her DD"s at the mall for lunch. Then coming back here tonight for another sleepover and cathe's torture tomorrow. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didn't have a chance to check back in last night- too busy running my mouth with Gayle

Laura- sometimes personals are a bit time consuming. You have to do whichever check in works for your lifestyle and fitness goals. We miss you but certainly understand. And hey, your life in Uganda is busy enough!!!
Good luck with your Cheetas.

Karin- when are you coming to my neck of the woods? Maybe we could meet up for a few hours??? I'd love to meet you. Shopping perhaps??

Dani- Anytime I can make it out there, I will be sure to find you!!!!
Wendy- same goes for you.

JJ and Vilma and Heather- maybe a road trip next year??

I hope everyone has a great day
I'll post some pics later
ellie

OK, so I'll say again... I am very envious of all the Peeps that are getting together today in NJ and get to have their butts kicked tomorrow by Cathe! One of these days I'm gonna get over that way and join you! There's gotta be sales on flights to/from Vegas right?

I gotta go make cookies for our cookie exchange tomorrow, and fix some breakfast... not necessarily in that order or all the dough might be gone before they form one single morsel... but will BBL for personals...

Just wanted to say HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!! today and drive safe Gayle, Ellie, Jerry & Phyllis!

COOKIES??? Did somebody say Cookies????
OMG I really want some cookies. I was too bust to do the exchange this year so I'm missing my COOKIES!!!!!!!
Dani, forget breakfast Just eat the cookies!!!!
ellie

I just finished shoveling 5" of snow. It is so cold outside. I'm not sure about a workout today. Lots to do and the shoveling took an hour so I think I might be good for today.

Ellie - have fun today at lunch and tomorrow at Cathe's class.

Dani - did you bake your cookies yet?

Wendy - let us know how the play date went.

Hi to all the other peeps checking in.

Hey Peeps~

Just popping in quick to say HI to everyone. Today is DS's 21st birthday and we are taking him out to dinner. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. DD turns 18 next year! It seems like yesterday they were babies.

Ellie~ Say HI to Gayle:) I hope you all have a great time!

Dani~ Have fun baking cookies. I just finished frosting DS's red velvet cake:p

Karin~ You can defintely count your shoveling as your workout. We've been getting rain which is supposed to turn to snow tonight:confused:

Hi Wendy, Heather, Vilma, Jerry, Laura, et al......Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

JJ

Hi Peeps,

Karin- you got SNOW???? I love snow!!!! I even like shoveling it. It's so pretty. And yes, that counts as a major workout!!!:eek::eek:

JJ- Enjoy dinner with your DS. It's amazing how fast it goes. Kinda scary isn't it? My mom always told me, but I never believed her until my BABY just turned 5!!!! Yesterday he was just a little guy in my arms.

Wendy- tell us all about the playdate!!!! Can't wait to hear how Houdini enjoyed it.

I'll BBL to tell all about lunch and mall with the tri-staters. I'm busy getting the boys settled down (all 4 of them)
ellie

JJ - happy birthday to your DS. I love red velvet cake. Who am I kidding, I like any kind of cake :eek:. Where did you guys go for dinner?

Ellie - can't wait to hear about lunch and shopping. Snow is really awesome when you can stay inside and when it doesn't happen frequently. I have shoveled more than 4" at a time 4 times since Thanksgiving and I am kind of sick of it already. Sorry to sound so negative, but I really don't like it :confused:

Wendy - hope to hear from you today!

Karin~ Thanks for the birthday wishes. We are going to a Japanese restaurant. DS really likes sushi and tempura. Plus he is planning to order his first "legal" beer:rolleyes: I'm so lucky that he wants to spend his evening with us rather than go bar hopping with his buddies.

Ellie~ Yes...they grow up very fast. Cherish every moment:)

JJ

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Just a quick drive-by check-in to see if Ellie found new workout shoes and had fun today. LOL!

No workout for this Peep again today. I am having an asthma-like reaction and itching all over. Even my hair itches! I have not been to any parties this weekend. I cannot imagine what I ate that triggered this, but I recognize a food allergy reaction because my mouth and tongue are "burning" for lack of a better word, and my fingers and ankles are puffy. My face feels "hot" too, but I do not have a fever. I visited friends last night and ate whole grain crackers with salsa. Hmmm. I guess I need to call and check the list of ingredients. I think shopping at Whole Foods is causing me to let my guard down.

Good news! My friend’s husband who took the trip with us to Whole Foods last week lost 8 pounds this week! Their kitchen is full of clean eats!

I am off to rest and start detoxing with my cranberry lemon cocktail.

Hugs to all the Peeps. I will hopefully check-in again after my nap. If not, see y'all in the morning.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hello Peeps! :)

Just got a big batch of vegetable soup going on the stove and *finally* have time to check-in! Houdini's playdate went great! I had four kiddos, five moms (one kid was sick but she still wanted to come hang out) and we ate apple kringle, drank coffee, and watched our kids play. I have discovered that Houdini likes baby dolls--she picked up one belonging to another girl and cried, "BABY!"--so I guess I need to add that to the xmas list for her, LOL. The funny part--the little girl went BALLISTIC when Houdini took her doll and began shrieking at the top of her lungs. I quickly took the doll away and Houdini looked at me like whatever, then said, "Baby cry!" and started straight at the hysterical girl. Too funny!

This morning I did Body Fusion--step and weight work. I really like this workout when I'm not up for anything hard core. Then I tacked on stability ball abs and felt like I had a good session.

Heather--Oh my goodness! I hope you figure out what triggered it and feel better soon! Question--do you like blue cheese? I saw a recipe in cooking light for butternut squash cooked with blue cheese and thought that might appeal to you since you like cheese in your squash. If so, let me know and I'll post the recipe.

JJ--How fun, Japanese food with DS on his b-day! Have a wonderful time tonight!!

Ellie--Hope you and all the tri-staters had a blast today. I'm sure you did! :)

Karin--So weird, you have snow and it was 80 here today. But it's supposed to be like 49-50 tomorrow, so the short sleeves go back to the end of the closet...again! Snow shoveling is a total workout! Get cozy and enjoy some good TV tonight!! Hmmm. That might be a challenge, because TV has been crap lately. And Food Network has been re-running Iron Chef...OK, so get cozy and read a good book tonight, LOL!

Dani--So, what cookies did you make tonight?

:) Wendy

Hey Peeps!

I must say **chest puffed out with PRIDE** that I have accomplished the (almost) impossible! I have managed to complete my cookie excursion! I made lemon bars and Russian tea cakes! Mind you that they are still cooling and therefore I have not had the opportunity to actually TASTE these little morsels, but they SMELL really good! I almost had a disaster, however, when making the Lemon bars though, and hope I managed to pull it off... put too much flour in it, but doubled the recipe and think it came out OK... now I just have to wait until the first batch cool and make another batch...

So, will have to report back later as to taste (If I don't show up you know they were terrible and I might be MIA for a few days until you all forget how I boasted! lol!)

Did not do workout today, so will hit it again tomorrow... I'm going to try Jerry's approach this coming week (M,W,F), instead of FF's rotation, and do circuit workouts with TM intervals in between (T,TH) and see how that goes... then the following week will do a Gym Series rotation with TM cardio... will see how that works!

Ellie: so glad you guys had a great time! will be looking forward to a full report and photos! what a great thing to be so close to get together! Don't anticipate moving to the East Coast any time soon, but if I ever do... :) I am seriously thinking that if Cathe has another RT next summer/fall that I would LOVE to attend though!

Karin: I really feel for you and all the snow you have had to shovel lately! I spent 5 years in Alaska, so I literally feel your pain... I can't tell you how much we are enjoying the mild weather here in Vegas! it was really windy here yesterday and definately much cooler than you would think, upper40's to low 50's. during the day, but I'll take that over 4 inches of snow ANY DAY!

JJ: That's so cool that you are able to share that milestone BD with DS! DH's daughter will be 21 in February and is just north of San Diego, so hopefully we will be able to spend time with her as well... I'll have to take your word for it on the sushi thing though... I'm OK with tempura, but the whole raw fish thing... not so much! DH LOVES it too, but even though there is a place not to far that has a pretty good reputation for sushi, he won't go because he knows I don't like it much...

Heather: so sorry about your allergic reaction! that has to be SO tough! is there anything you can do other than just let it run it's course? I'm sure if there was you would be doing it already, just seems that other forms of allergies they can help the symptoms :) thoughts and prayers are coming your way for a quick recovery!

Wendy: you are truly an inspiration! Play date AND making soup (from scratch I would imagine!) AND a workout too... I'm feeling so inadequate! LOL!

Vilma: hope you had a great weekend! Whatcha been up to?

Jerry: hope you and DW had a great time today too! looking forward to a report from you as well!

BBL, if I don't die from food poisoning! HA!

ok, so no food poisoning yet, so I feel fairly confident that I won't make anyone else sick tomorrow with my goodies... the Lemon bars turned out a bit sticky... don't think I should have poked fork holes in the bottom layer, but I was afraid that I was packing it down too hard and would have a hard cookie bottom. The middle ones turned out the best...

the other tea cakes turned out good, but how can you screw up a 4-ingredient cookie? LOL! so, will see how things go over tomorrow afternoon...

have a great night Peeps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.