::Sleepless in the Cheetah Den::Labor Day Monday::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

I refuse to say good morning as it's still the middle of the night. I can't sleep. I went to bed with a slight headache but fell asleep fine. I woke up about an hour ago and it had gotten worse. Took something and laid back down but can't fall back to sleep. :mad: We have to leave at 7:15 to head to the race this morning so I'm not a happy camper right now as you can well imagine. I can't even ditch this race since DH is running it. I'll feel awful if I do that. :( I'll make the best of it. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a couple more hours of shut-eye...

Well the diet has been blown 10-fold this weekend. Thank goodness tmrw is the last day of this long weekend! I ate HORRIBLY today (Sunday). Between what I had at the track and following that up with dinner out with DH, all I can say is...:eek::eek::eek:!!! And that doesn't even include the beer I drank! LOL

Linda: Glad you opted for a recovery day. Hope you enjoyed it. Congrats again on pushing through a tough race!

Jackie: Sorry you had a funeral to go to today. :( For the most part DS cooperates for his haircuts. He used to be afraid. Now he's just too impatient to want to sit there while we do it and if whines if he gets too much hair on him. LOL

Carole: I'm gonna need REALLY strong vibes at this point...I'm gonna be tired in the morning. :confused: Glad you enjoyed your run today. Running can definately be theraputic. Something alot of us cheetahs seem to be in need of these days. How was the visit with your mom today? I hope all is going as well as can be expected for her.

Karen: (((HUGS))) Kidney stones are not fun. I am hoping that your mom was just having a really hard time passing hers and that is what caused the rest of her issues. I am no doctor but I could totally see how the back spasms could be related to the stones. Hopefully that's all it is.

Christine: Great pics! Loved the descriptions as well. Thanks for sharing. You make me wanna move to California I swear!:) The track was fun. I didn't win overall but I won a few races at the end so I only came home losing $5.00. Much better financial turn out then my usual at AC!:p

Cathy: How was the bbq?

Well it's now 4am. I'd better atleast TRY to get some sleep now....

See you in a couple hours....

Happy Labor Day

Good morning all! Posting from work, the first time I've had the time to do this here. It's been an unusually slow mellow night... not complaining!
After a nap at the apartment I'll be making my usual 3 hr Pa turnpike trek to see DH and reconnect for a bit, then head back to Philly on Wed.
The good news is I then have only 8 days left before my last night of work here:D. Got in a good 4 mile run yesterday afternoon after getting up and also got in a beginning basic workout with the kettlebell. Very interesting! It is amazing how having a handle on a weight can change the whole focus.... makes it much more functional in nature I believe. Anyway, I'm having fun exploring this new type of workout but haven't really gotten into it deeply. A little hard to do when I have only a single 15 lber anyway.

Wendy- poor cheetah! This is not a good night for you to be dealing with insomnia!!! I sure hope you were able to catch up some and can find some energy to enjoy your race with your DH today! You had a whirlwind of a holiday weekend I guess and it just caught up with you.

Karen- Sorry you went thru yet another medical crisis with your Mother!!
I hope things have settled some and you've recuperated and can enjoy some of this holiday!!

Carole- Thanks for the update yesterday and I'm very glad to hear you were able to get in a nice long therapeutic run yest!! I wouldn't wish a broken leg on anyone but this may turn out to have some benefits for your mother.... giving her the push she needs to make some needed lifestyle changes. Do you know the results of the stress test yet?

Cathy- Nice job with your run yesterday!! I see you've become a fan of Cytomax. I'm getting reacquainted with it myself now that my runs are getting longer. I'm into the pink lemonade flavor myself. How did the BBQ go yesterday?

Dallas- Another overworked and stressed out cheetah!! You're likely trying to be everything for everybody and it's wearing on you! I hope you can manage a little downtime for yourself.

Linda- Congratulations... you are one tough cheetah! That sounded like a very challenging race!!!! Kudos to you for getting thru it, cramps and all!!!!

Jackie- Actually, most of my workout gear is in my apartment in Philly. All I have at the house is my TM and EXT. I'll get set up in the basement there this month tho. Being on a budget with paying two mortgages I'm not going to be able to have much of a fancy workout area, but I'll manage! Getting back into the running seriously now? Good for you... very impressive run the other day!

Christine- Awesome description of your ride yesterday..... complete with pics too!!! Thanks for sharing. I have checked out the AOS website and will likely be delving more into it soon... I'll have to ration out my purchases tho:(.

Gloria- Hiya! Did you get in a good holiday weekend run?

That's all I have time for now. Hope the cheetahs have a great Labor Day weekend. Sounds like alot of us need some major destressing relaxation tho!!!

Good morning, cheetahs!

Wendy :: oh no! I hope you are off catchin' some zzz's.
th_good20luck.gif
today vs. DH! Oh OK--YTB must be a new one. Just when I think I've got all these acronyms down, something else turns up! *lol* Columbus is, or used to be (I don't know if it's still open) an indoor/outdoor flea market with both new and used items for sale. With the sports drinks, yes, absolutely--to each her own, and now is certainly the time to experiment. You might want to try Nuun since it helps with cramping, esp. if you water down your Gatorade.

Linda ::
I hope the humidity goes away soon! It is going to put a damper on our marathon training! Wow! You are getting really close to yours!
OK, now you just scared me! *lol*...Glad you enjoyed your rest day yesterday. I would not be out there mid-morning in the humidity, either!...Nuuns are more convenient, they have no sugar or carbs, and are supposed to be absorbed more quickly and provide more sodium than other sports drinks. It is supposed to be effective for the cramping. I felt about the same as I do during a run with Cytomax, so it comes down to flavor for me. I could certainly drink Nuun without gagging, but I prefer Cyto. JMO, of course. I did buy a Power Bar (PB) to try on the next (really) long run.

Jackie :: lovely! You have a gift for floral arranging, too. Have you ever had any training? And wow, is that a kick-butt closet!...I guess, as Shelly probably sees all too often, it doesn't work with everyone. I have an uncle who has had stents put in twice, and he is still inactive and smokes a pipe. I worry about him.

Carole :: You are right about the Nuun. As mentioned above to Linda, since I didn't feel any difference compared with the Cyto, I am basing my thoughts purely on taste. In that respect, they're by no means horrible. But what I would call "okay."...My fingers are crossed that the surgery can move ahead.
th_E_CROS154.gif
So true about running. When I am seriously worried or grieving, that's the strongest urge I get. To hit the road. You & DM will be in my thoughts today. BTW, if the chill pill doesn't work for DSis, there is always this:
th_1.gif

Karen :: big, big (((HUGS))). Hope your mom is not in too much pain. You must be a wreck with worry. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Christine :: love the photos! Felt like we were on the ride with you--except without the pain! :) Amazing views. Oh, I am with you on the extra loud motorcycles. I don't get why it's necessary.

Shelly :: I have not seen the pink lemonade flavor...that sounds like it'd be good...I bought a single packet of tropical berry to try next. Only 8 more days? Woo-hoo!

Had a great time @ the BBQ. DSis makes this taco dip that is to-die-for. The kind you want to make a meal out of. Someone else enjoyed another dip when nobody was looking: *lol*
028.jpg

Today will be an u/b circuit.

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

OMG, LMBO at the pic Cathy posted! Thanks for making me smile! I needed that this morning.

I'm pretty darned tired. :( I DID manage to fall asleep but 2 hours was not enough. Thankfully I went to bed at 10 though so atleast I got a few hours under my belt before the insomnia kicked in or I'd REALLY be in trouble! Needless to say I'm suckin' down the coffee right now!;)

Cathy: Well I watered down the GA for my last long run because I only had one water bottle with me and filling it with straight gator ade would not have cut it. I intend to buy one of thos fuel belts that holds several little bottle so I was going to fill half with a sports drink and half with water for my actual race. If I get off my duff and purchase one PRONTO I can try it out for my next long run this coming weekend! I will also check out the Nuun tablets but I will also be carrying the Endurolytes on me just in case as they seemed to work last week. :) I saw camelbacks last night in Dicks and thought about it but there again it will only hold one beverage and I'd like to have 2 to choose from. I am going to see if I can pick up some Sharkies to try as well. I have carried a protein bar or 2 with me during longer runs/races but that is kind of inconvenient. Something I can just pop in my mouth would be better I think.

Shelly: Wow you really are almost done with your job in Philly. Aren't ya gonna miss your bachelorette pad? ;) I am going to try my darndest to keep up with DH this morning. He will probably end up running too fast for me but I will try. He may push me to a new 5k distance PR! I ran this one last year in 29:42 or something like that. I've since crushed that time twice this year which is great but now I'd like to get a NEW PR!:) If I can hold a solid 9 minute mile I can finish this race in 28 minutes...Hmmm.....I think I can I think I can...LOL

BFN.

Ha ha...he was very sly about it, the little devil. I bet both dogs have a serious food hangover today. They were livin' large!

I don't care for Gatorade straight, either, but I force myself to drink it that way when I get a migraine in order to maximize the electrolyte intake. Nuun has more than most sports drinks, so it might work even better for you on account of your tendency to cramp. I liked the Nike fuel belt I picked up at the outlets last fall--it had 3 bottles and a little pouch, all of which could be removed. I wish it would've worked with my back. That sounds like a good option for you--and much cheaper than a Camelbak! My plan is to follow Posh's lead: take the single handheld with drink-of-choice and just drink water at the stations...Yeah, I don't know about the Power Bar--those types of bars, at least the ones I've tried in the past, seem to taste an awful lot like cardboard to me. :) But it's part of trying out different things to see what works best. Luckily, the Amphipod has that pouch that will hold either a bag of Sharkies or a bar of some type.

Glad you managed to get a few more hours. Hope the coffee boost does the trick for ya.

lotsocoffee.gif

Labor Day Musings

Hi Cheetahs :) Traditionally, Labor Day is one of the last good days to golf. It is not that the weather turns rotten so soon, but rather the schedule gets crazy. I am passing though today in favor of a good workout. I have not run since August 12, in order to get the PF inflammation cleared up. It might be OK today to try a few slow paced miles on the TM.

DS's team won their tournament yesterday. They went 6-0 on the weekend. On Friday, we head to Toronto for some very tough competition. Hopefully, my foot will tolerate some TM running at the hotel next weekend.

Wendy- Sorry about your insomnia. DH and I have had some sleepless nights too. I actually stupidly had a double espresso on Saturday after dinner, and and at 1:30 am I was wide awake but tired ! Good luck with DH today. Your report of Joey in the restaurant made me laugh. We have had so many embarrassing restaurant fiasco events over the years.

Carole- how did your Mom do on her repeat stress test? I have your family in my prayers. A 12 mile run should be good therapy for you (((hugs)))

Karen- (((hugs and special prayers ))) are continuing for your mom !

Cathy- That dog sneaking a taste was so funny! We were at our friends' cottage last night and their dog got into some pepperoni in much the same way. So, you are doing well with your trial and error on the ' run aids' long

Jackie- I haven't gotten over tho check out your pictures yet but hopefully I will get a chance. I am sorry about the the death of your old friends mom.

Christine- Thank you for sharing your ride with us in your pictures and descriptions! What a lovely way to workout!

Linda- enjoy that well deserved rest day

Shelly- so you are on the home stretch at the Philli' hospital!!! Did you get the offer you were hoping for at the hospital closer to home? I really like AOS KB workouts. Newport is probably my favorite. It has an ab or core segment in every round. Has there been any action on the AZ property yet?

Well, it is time to get moving here. I am tempted to try 3 easy miles on the TM and see how my foot feels. Then a KB or TB workout of choice. And cleaning! We have one more party tonight a 70th Birthday for a dear friend. I think we are having dinner at home first and then heading over for just a short time. DH will have an early morning.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy....OMG...great smiley for my Dsis! This could work too
2.gif
stfu.gif
But, I might take some duct tape today!! Cracking up at the pic of the dog stealing some food!!! Glad you had fun at the BBQ. I love taco dip. Enjoy your ub circuit.

Karen..sounds like your Mom had a rough day yesterday. Thanks you for the hugs for my Mom, and I am sending {{{HUGS}}} to yours too!

Christine...WOW! 41 miles. Loved the pics...Page Mill sounds like quite a climb. Good job getting up that part. I'm with you as those loud motorcycles are just an irritant. Yukky! dead skunk...Thanks for sharing the pics. It stayed windy most of the day and night yesterday. I don't hear it now.

Wendy...GOOD LUCK!!! Sorry about the insomnia. Most of us sleep crappy the night before a race so it might not be a huge factor, but you will crash later in the day for sure! I am sure you will be back on track with your diet real soon.

Shelly...so 8 days and you won't have the long drive anymore? I see more Kettllebell purchases in your future!! I do hope my Mom adopts a better lifestyle after all of this.

Judy..thank you so much for the hugs and prayers. The 12 mile run did help. I hope your pf obeys and you can get in a short TM run. Enjoy the party later.

Update on Mom. The stress test went smooth and came back negative so her surgery is scheduled for some time this morning. She was really out of it (due to all the drugs) and slept a ot yesterday which was good. At one point she woke in a daze and did not believe her leg was broke or that she was in a hospital. She seems fairly drug sensitive. I did see the PITA sis for a (thankfully) short time yesterday. I think she doesn't talk at home and when she goes out, it is like someone winds her up. She finishes your sentences, uses her hands to talk, and I had to walk away to get AWAY from her OMG...duct tape seems the only answer!!!

I will do CTX upper body split, abs and a 5 mile run today. My eating was much better yesterday. Not sure exactly when my Mom's surgery is but I will go down to the hospital after my workout, breakfast and a few house chores.

Have a good day...:)

Good morning ladies!

Seriously MIA/Slacker Cheetah reporting in. Between a surprise horse show, long work days and a little bonus time with DSO I literally have not had a moment to myself. My eating was fab for two days (3.78 and 3.86) and then went to $#!# after that with no workouts since my run last week:mad:. Today is the end of that...my last hoorah, so to speak. I've got something I'm shooting for by mid-Oct (fill ya in another time) so that should keep me motivated. Starting tomorrow I will be back on track, though.

I only have a couple of minutes to catch up here, please forgive me. I really need to start the house cleaning in preparation for the housefull-o'-family that's coming next weekend.

Carole - Ah, hon, sending lotsa prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and your mom! Way to walk away from PITA...love the smilies!

Karen - Poor MIL really can't catch a break lately:(. More {{{{HUGS}}}} coming your way.

Wendy - I hope you're on your way to a new PR right now...go get em, tiger, er, Cheetah:p! Again, more {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers being sent to you, BF, and BF's mom.

Linda - WTG on that killer race! Awesome fight, girl, just awesome :D!

Christine - Gorgeous ride you had the other day...I'm so jealous:p!

Cathy - Glad the tooth has finally settled down for you. IA about those bars (especially Cliff Bars)...yuck! It sounds like you're starting to hone in on what works for ya.

Shelly - Ah, you must be counting down the days now! Glad you had fun with the KBs. BTW, I tried to register for Philly and was having 'puter problems. Will hopefully try again today.

Dallas - Oh no, sooooo sorry about the door and the car:(. I know it's hard but please try to take a little time for yourself, 'kay? Poor Cheetah.

Jackie - So you're considering another half, huh? That's awesome! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting ready for that.

Judy - Sorry you're going to miss out on a golf day...it is a gorgeous day for it. DSO are still considering it for today. Fab job on your workouts and congrats to DS!!!

Lorie - Hi, girl! We miss you here. Question...can you get into the yahoo group from work?

Gloria - The girl you tutored sounds like a real sweet kid. Great runs lately!

Gotta get started on the house. I think I'll start outside this morning...mowing, weeding, cleaning up the plant graveyard that's on my back deck:p. I hope to see you ladies tonight! Have a reat Labor Day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Wendy – so sorry you couldn’t sleep!!! Good luck on the race!! I’m sure you’ll do well, and you’ll have DH to run with! You’ll get back on track today or tomorrow on your diet. I do hope you’re feeling better by now! Good job at the track! If you ever want to visit Cali, you know you only have to tell me!

Shelly – glad to hear it was a slow night for you! 8 more nights? I’ll bet you’re thrilled!! Oh yeah, the kettlebell is functional fitness at it’s best. I really enjoy the focus! I fully understand about rationing your purchases. I think Providence is a must – to me that is Anthony best all around workout.

Cathy – Oooh boy, that’s one pup who’s in deep trouble! Cute photo!! :D Even without the humidity here, I like to ride early in the morning. It was actually cold when I started out (I had on a sleeveless jersey), but it warmed up really nicely. Glad you enjoyed the photos! Someone pointed out to me that motorcyclists have loud bikes in order for cars to be aware of them – as a cyclist, and another small thing on the road, I can kind of understand that – but SOOO loud?!

Judy – enjoy your workout! I hope the run is fabulous!! YAY for DS’s team!

Carole – oh, I’m so happy that your mom’s stress test went smoothly! I’ll keep in her my thoughts and prayers! Hope the surgery goes just as smoothly. PITA sis sounds like a real piece of work!

Wendi – thanks for checking in! Always glad to hear from you! Have fun cleaning house!! Enjoy your Labor Day, too! Sounds like you’ll be laboring!!! Come on out whenever you want to ride bikes instead of horses. :p

I’m feeling good this morning. The ride was tough, but once I got to the top of Page Mill, I enjoyed it! :p DH and I plan to take Jimmy for a hike today. He needs the exercise. Have a great day all!

Good Labor Day morning Cheetahs!

Carole - I'm sure everything will be resolved when it's time for your mom to return home. Glad the 12 mile run was good and soothing for you. Glad the stress test came back negative! She will be in my prayers today. Laughing at your description of your PITA sis. :D Enjoy your UB workout and your 5 mile run.

Karen - I hope your mom is doing better today. What an ordeal for her! ((((HUGS))))

Christine - Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics of your ride yesterday! Looks so nice and peaceful! Bet you did sleep well last night. Enjoy the hike with Jimmy.

Wendy - Sorry for the sleepless night and the headache. Hope it's all better before the race. Good luck today! Glad you had fun at the track. Glad you got a couple of hours more of sleep. Will be waiting for your race report.

Shelly - Yay for getting to post from work! 8 days and counting! Know you are excited! The workout room will come together for you the way you want eventually. As long as you can workout is what counts. I'm right there with you on the budget issues. I'm not sweating it though because it was something I really wanted. So, I'll make things work for me. Will probably take me about a year to get adjusted and settled in and I'll be ok. Yeah, I'm thinking seriously about a half but again I don't want to commit until I can do 10 miles with no hamstring pain. Thought about you this morning when I was doing ABA while Sharon was whipping my behind. Enjoy your day with DH.

Cathy - No training for floral arrangement. Got on the net and found some illustrations and videos and decided to try my hand. I'm still not there yet. But, you know, they say practice makes perfect. Don't you just wish a few words of encouragement would help our loved ones want to take care of their health? Sigh!! Glad you had fun at the BBQ and it looks like someone else did too. How cute! He didn't like the grapes and carrots I see. Glad you caught him in the act.

Judy - Hope you were able to get that run in with no pain. Congratulations to DS and his team on their win yesterday. Enjoy the party tonight.

Wendi - Sorry for the surprise show but glad you got to spend some time with SO. Good luck with the cleaning today. Thanks for the vote of confidence with the half.

I did all of All Body Attack this morning. That is one long workout. She and Cathe must have been in cahoots! :D Enjoyed the workout though. Normally I only do the premixes but I had time this morning for the entire 80 minutes or so.

Enjoy your holiday! I'm going to pick up a few things for my open house this weekend and find my serving dishes.

Hi Ladies!

Wendy: Sorry you were battling the insomnia. Really looking forward to the race report. I have had my share of beer this weekend too. Glad school starts tomorrow so I can get back on track with things.

Shelly: Only 8 more days! :) Great! I have been getting in some great runs this week. Yesterday was a slow one, but at least I got out there. IA that the Cheetahs have been having a rough go of things lately. :(

Cath: LOVED the photo! :) Do you know what breed of dog that is? It looks like it might be the same breed as Pip. Great run yesterday! What did you decide for a circuit today?

Judy: How did the run go today? Have fun at the party!

Carole: You had me laughing about your sister. I work with some people like that. Glad Beau is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated on your mom.

Wendi: You have been missed. I haven't been checking in a lot either. Sometimes life just gets in the way. You will get back on track in no time! Great to have bonus time with DSO. :)

Christine: Great pics yesterday! Looks like a great ride! Enjoy your hike with DH and Jimmy.

Jackie: I laughed about DH rubbing my feet. I am wierd and do not like my feet or calves touched. Actually, the only time I have bare feet is in the shower. Go figure, since as a child I ran around bare foot all the time. Great workout today! I have to go check my email to see your pics.

I have been busy in preparation for the big day tomorrow (first day of school) and spending time with friends. I have lost track of when I last checked in but I have ran 4 miles Sat. and 5 yesterday. Not sure if I will have time to workout today. Some yoga might be good since I am in a bit of a tizzy about tomorrow. I am always like this before the first day, as it is the most important day of the year. You have to establish your expectations and procedures. Several parents have told me that after the first day their child has said how mean I am and of course they will say the opposite after a month or so. I think you know that I am not that way at all, but that is just how you have to be in the beginning. One thing I am proud to admit is that my classroom runs very efficiently. I know the kids are just as nervous as me. Even as a kid I could never sleep the night before the first day. I am tutoring tomorrow after school too. My student is really scared. She was having a bit of trouble opening her locker at the open house. She is at the middle school this year, we don't have lockers at my school. I am really looking forward to hearing how it went for her. Blab, blab, blab. Can you tell I tend to talk a lot when I am nervous? LOL! :)

(((HUGS))) to all the Cheetahs needing them. My Bfs and I were talking last night about what a rough summer it has been in our neck of the woods. Hang in there everybody. :)

Last edited:
One more thing.....

My BF has asked me to ask the nutrition software users a few questions. She is on the Cathe site a lot, but doesn't feel comfortable posting. Hopefully you won't mind answering her questions. This thing is right up her alley, she eats better than me and works out more, especially in the winter when she isn't so busy.

1. She has dial up since they cannot get high speed either since they live in the woods. Does the nutrition software take a long time to load? She is having trouble just seeing the demo. Is it possible with dial up?

2. Do you input your information, like workouts, age, sex, height, etc. so that it is specific?

3. Is it time consuming putting in all the information? Initially I would think so, but what about on a daily basis?

I think that is everything she wanted to know. I greatly appreciate any responses. I know a lot of you have been chatting about it, and may have answered these questions already, but since it did not apply to me, I didn't put it into memory. Thanks!

Today even though it is Larbor Day was the girls and my first day back to school. My checkin's will be much later in the day since after working out I get right to work with school. Today I did an 8 mile speed interval run. I felt really good too. I normally do this workout on Wed but the humidity is coming full force this week so I decided to do it today since the weather is hanging around 85. My dh was home as well so he went and got me a coffee during the day while teaching. It's so nice when he has days off.

Wendy- Oh my I hope your headache went away some. What a terrible thing to happen when you and your dh were planning this outing for so long. Secertly I hope you beat him even with a headache. Can't wait to hear how it went today.

Shelly- Kettlebells. That is one thing I haven't even looked into yet. I know Wendy loves them. Now with you likeing them to I better check it out. Somany threads on the open forum but I never read any of them.

Cathy- The photo made my day. How cute is that doggie trying to eat some dip. Priceless. My kids loved the picture and wanted me to print it out for the fridge.

Judy- Hope the foot went well on the treadmill today. Thanks for your prayers

Carole- Glad mom is doing ok. I know how hard it is to see someone you love in pain like that and then not remember and have to live though what is going on again. Glad she has your support. I hope the surgery goes well and she comes out like a champ. I know she will. Heck your one tough cookie so I'm figuring the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She is going to do fine.

Wendi- Way to go on the nutrition girl. I can't seem to get out of the low 3's. Sorry it went to pot but that happens. Yesterday was my sh** day for eating so I'm right there will you. Today back on track but those cookies were awesome yesterday.

Christine- i loved the photos from yesterday. How beautiful your bike ride is. We have nothing that senic around here like that. I know why you bike now. Gald your not too sore.

Jackie- Totally missed why your having an open house. Did you just get a new house? I'm so out of the loop on things with the week I had. Hope it is a sucess.

Gloria- Good luck with school tomorrow. Those kids are lucky to have a teacher as dedicted and excited as you. Enjoy your first day.

Afternoon, cheetahs~

The day has flown.

Carole :: thinking of you & DM and hoping all went well w/ surgery today. I'm glad the stress test was fine. Another good smiley! :) Sometimes ya gotta walk away. Hope the workout helped bust some of that stress.

Judy :: Congrats to DS's team on the victory...hope your foot agrees with your TM run. Enjoy the party.

Wendi :: nice to see you. :) Good job getting yourself quickly back on track...actually, my tooth is not feeling good again, but I'm choosing to block it out. :)...Yeah, I seem to have figured out the formula that works for me, but I'm just doing a few more trials and tweaks. Hey, I think you got the whole Labor Day thing backwards! ;) You work too hard, lady! Hope you get a least a moment's breather in there somewhere.

Jackie :: very impressive that you could look at a few photos and teach yourself how to do that...I'm glad I caught Buddy in the act, too. He and Spirit are two very lovable dogs, but I am not one to share a plate with any animals! Did you find your serving dishes?

Christine :: Ya know, I have heard that, too, about the cycles, but between airplanes and other noise pollutants, that reasoning is wearing a little thin on me. If you (meaning motorcyclists) feel that unsafe, choose another mode of transportation. Hope you had great hike today with the Jimster. How's DH feeling?

Gloria :: He is a Brittany Spaniel. Is that what Pip is? How is she doing, BTW? I hear you on the pre-first day jitters. I get the same way. I'm not feeling that for tomorrow because we have two days of in-service ahead of us, but I will be keyed up on Wednesday night. :) Hope you have great kickoff to a fantastic new year!!! Can't way to hear about your first day. In answer to your friend's questions, I don't know how slow it would be for her with dialup, but if she signs up for one month and finds it not working out for whatever reason, she's only out 10 bucks. Worth a shot, IMO...You do input all of your personal information, so it is tailored to your goals...it's more time-consuming in the beginning as you explore the site and add in custom foods and recipes, but after that, it's pretty time-efficient, IMO. HTH.

Karen :: how's mom doing?...Wow! Starting school on Labor Day! You are quite the taskmaster! ;) :)

I did a KM/MM u/b circuit:

KM WU
MM Chest
KM Combo #1
MM Back
KM Combo #2
MM Shoulders
KM Combo #3
MM Biceps
KM Combo #4
MM Triceps

Off to go load some things in my car and tie up loose ends for tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Hi Girls.

Fly by while I am cooking dinner. I'll come back later for personals. They took several hours to post the race results which is why you didn't hear from me sooner. My finish time was 28:15 and DH's was 28:06! We both did well. I PR'd both for this particular race and overall for the distance so I'm thrilled. I could have done better though! I was on track for a sub 28 min race but I got an awful side stitch/cramp in mile 3 that forced me to walk and after that it took all I had to run the rest of the race at ANY pace! If not for that a sub 28 was well within my reach. I finished mile 1 in 9 mins and mile 2 in something like 8:47!!! I was soooo there. Talk about frustrating! :( Oh well...we are planning to run another 5k together the week before my 18 miler so perhaps I'll do it then. ;)

I haven't looked at the pics yet. I guess I will go do that now...I'm afraid though as they are always horrible! DH will probably look great!:rolleyes:

Alrighty...bbl!

Hi Cheetahs.

No workout. I am having a hard time focusing on things. I am not in a bad place, don't worry, the focus is just off right now. I will be fine once tomorrow is over with.

Karen: It is really hot here too. Like almost 90! How is the teaching going so far? I have always thought homeschooling would be very challenging. I think it would be distracting working from home, at least for me. Do you teach all day long?

Cath: I can't wait for tomorrow to be over so I can just move on. I hope I can post how it went tomorrow. It shouldn't be a problem for me. I am never nervous over the initial PD days either, just with the kids on day one. I will be thinking of you when it is your time. :) Great workout! Pip is doing great. She is a Llewellen Setter. I thought for a second that beautiful dog in the pic might be a Brittany. Our friend has one.

I am going to try and calm down and look over my lesson plans again to make sure everything is ready. I will for sure work out in the morning to help relieve some of the stress.

Have a great night everyone. :)

Hi Cheetahs!

Gloria - I don't like going barefoot either but I love a good massage. Good luck with the first day of school. I can't picture you as being mean at all. Hope you can manage some z's tonight too.

Karen - School on Labor Day? Good job on that 8 mile speed run. Those wear me out. How sweet of DH to bring you coffee. Yes, built a new house. Moved in May and just getting around to having an open house for friends and family to come and visit.

Cathy - I did find my serving dishes but I don't think I have enough. Since my sis will be helping with the cooking, I'll borrow some from her. DD will be here to help too. Good circuit today.

Wendy - Congratulations to you and DH!! You both had great times! How did DH feel afterwards?

The tummy is roaring at me. Need to feed the beast. Have a good night everyone!

Jackie- Cathy- I know I'm a meanie. Oddly enough we normaly start mid Aug but with my mom and all I was way behind.

Mom is not so hot. Actualy I left here at 5:30 and went back to the ER with mom and dad. She can't even bend over and walk. They did another CT scan and NO stones. They are saying it is muscle spasms and gave her dalodin (sp) . Hopfully this will do it. They gave it to her by IV in the hospital but she said it helped very slightly. Just made here tired and dizzy. They are thinking the muscle is somehow compressing. I just got home honestly 10 min ago.

Gloria- Homeschooling really isn't for everyone. You do give a good part of your life to your children and free time is no longer in my vocabulary. For me I'm very OCD so we are very structured. I have a room set aside for just school. It is set up that way with desks, blackboards the works. Mine has charts and all the fun things I loved when I was in school like the calander where each child can paste a day and then the giant clocks with the movable hands for my 6 yo.. I have been doing it for 8 years now. I began my first child at 3 and went from there and she is 11. Normally our day takes a morning and afternnon session. We school from 9 to about 12 and then break an hour for lunch and then from 1- 3 or 3:30. Somedays are longer depending on what we are working on. We could go from 4-5. Then it's off to things such as soccer, sewing, art lessons. Very busy life. Some teaching styles of homeschoolers vary such as unschoolers and those who teach for religous reasons. Most of those are protrayed on TV but Neither of which I am. My one sister homeschooled her children( this is the sister whose daugher just left for college) and she is the one whom I first learned about homeschooling from. My other two sisters children go to public schools which I did as well and loved. I just knew from the beginning when I first learned about homeschooling that this was a good fit for our family. More info than you wanted huh!!!. Anyway enjoy your first day of school. I know you will do great and the kids will love having you back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.