Shrinking Violets - Tues 10/3/06

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Good morning Violets.

This morning for me was KPC and I added the KickBox segments from Hardcore. Ran Out of time so I did not do the Ab portion of KPC or the leg drills from Hardcore. Wish I had more than an hour to work out, but I'm not ready to get up earlier(4:15 is early enough)

Hope every one gets their workout in and has a great day.

Jean

good morning violets,

jean- i agree 4:15 is early enough. i get up at 4:30 and couldn't imagine waking up another minute earlier.

meg- sjp good workout. i have yet to do that workout in it's entirety.

this morning's workout was kickmax!!

have an awesome day to all the shrinking violets....:)

Hey Jeanie, Meg, SD and all the other Violets!

Great job w/ the workouts girls!

Just got done w/ Kickmax too! Think I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow.x( I don't have MuscleMax so I'll have to see what compares to it.

Off today so I'm gonna get cleaned up and go clean our Jeep. DS's have started using the floor as a garbage can and I can't stand looking at it anymore so I'm gonna vacuum it and go have it washed.

DH is working OT. Thank goodness for OT.

Kim how's the eating? I'm doing good so far this week. Yes I know it's only Tuesday LOL! Gonna try my best to stick w/ it tho!

Have a good day Ladies!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi Ladies.

I worked this morning. I am now trying to decide what cardio to do...Decisions Decisions! :p

I'll check back in later after it's done!:)

I did the first 2 segments of RS plus the first MAYBE 5 mins of the 3rd segment...there is one part that just doesn't "click" with me so I never get beyond that point!x(

Good afternoon Jean,Maeghan,SD,Kali,Wendy and other violets!

Didn't get up early this morning to exercise, so I will be doing kickmax this afternoon. I haven't done kickmax in forever! I have been mostly doing KPC. I think it will be a good change!

Hey Kali! Nope!my eating has not been too good this week! that is the one frustrating part of losing weight for myself. I guess all I can do is just keep trying. I am also giving into things I know I shouldn't have! Any tips on how to pull myself away from the demons, just let me know! I am off to do kickmax now and will check back in with you ladies afterwards!

Hello to all the violets!

kim

Okay ladies, I'm back!

Just finished doing kickmax with alittle addition to it. You know the bonus cathe added to the Oct. rotation? I did it after the blast and let me tell you,it will keep you from doing that again! She said to do it if you ate halloween candy, but I think any crap is cause to do the bonus!:p Then instead of doing the leg conditioning drills, I did some floorlegs. After all of that I could not stand up and do those leg drills. I got a great workout anyway!

I am hoping to get up early in the morning and do MuscleMax tomorrow!

How are all of you ladies doing?

kim

KIMMY! You go with your bad self doing that Bonus Burn!! Good job!

I don't have MuscleMax. Do you know what it compares to? PH? ME? MIS? I'll have to look it up.

I love the leg drills. But I don't think I would after the HBB! I "MIGHT" do it tomorrow before the weight work. I have to add some kind of cardio even if it's a short one.

I'll be back!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hey Kali,PH,ME or MIS would be good substitutes for MM. I think ME would be a good one out of the three. That one gets me everytime!

My goal tomorrow is to EAT CLEAN!!!!!!!!

TTYL,

kim

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good evening, Violets! This is a late check-in for me. I think I am finally recovering from my recovery week! I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching and slept like a baby Sunday night. I was still tired yesterday morning, and it took an act of will to get my body moving. After my Bible study, I did the warm-up and Intervals 1-5 of IMAX2 followed by my beloved Leaner Legs. Fun, fun, fun! IMAX2 is a walk in the park compared to IMAX3. I did not need to use my rebounder for any of the blasts. Interval 5 kicked my butt!

I was feeling blue yesterday afternoon and called my friend Rebecca during my break. I told her that I was too tired to meet her at the club last night. All the sleep I lost last week caught up with me. Rebecca called last night and offered to take me out to eat. I politely declined and ate my grilled Smart Chicken breast and steamed veggies as planned. I needed to get to sleep early last night, and I knew that eating out and staying out with a friend would only make me feel worse.

I did the third segment of Stretch Max last night. I slept like a baby again last night but was still tired this morning. After my Bible study this morning, I did Pyramid Upper Body (without the stability ball core work) followed by the Kick Max warm-up, blast challenge, and stretch. I actually need to increase my weights the next time I do Pyramid Upper Body, so I did not lose any strength last week. I did not lose any cardio endurance either. After 2 restful nights, I am feeling much better tonight. I definitely like the concept of a recovery week and believe it will bless my body in the long run. Hopefully, I can tweak it so I can avoid the blues and find a way to deal with stress that arises so I can sleep at night. A week of sleepless nights is what wiped me out this time. Jogging in the pool helps me sleep, so I think I may add more of that next time. It is also possible that 3-4 days would be enough of a break from intense workouts. I still need to decide how often to do this.

My purpose for adding a recovery week to my rotation is to prevent overtraining and burnout. My body responds to intensity. For me, intensity = results in terms of weight loss, strength gains, and cardio endurance. Thankfully, I love Cathe’s workouts and really enjoy the challenge. I have learned through experience that I can sustain an intense rotation for 3-6 weeks before I start burning out and losing my focus. I think part of what I need is a mental break. On Labor Day, I committed to a 3-week Hardcore Series rotation followed by an active recovery week. Knowing that I had that “breather” ahead of me motivated me to maintain a determined focus and give my all to every workout. My overall stamina improved dramatically as a result of doing IMAX3 and the Kick Max blast challenge for 3 weeks, and I was very pleased with the transformation in my body. I was definitely shedding pounds and inches, and the difference was visible and measurable. I want to break the cycle of pushing too hard for too long, losing 20 pounds, crashing and burning, regaining every ounce I just lost, and starting over again.

Intense cardio energizes me. Heavy weight training wears me out. My plan for my recovery week was to alternate the TLTs that I like (Better Burn Better Buns and Strength in Movement) instead of traditional weight training with non-Cathe cardio plus core work and stretching. I love the way the functional fitness workouts make my body feel. I think that was a good plan. I also decided to give my knees a break from all the intense stepping, so I switched to hi-lo workouts by Kari Anderson and Christi Taylor. Dancy and fun but not as intense as Cathe’s cardio.

My goal for my recovery week was maintenance. I regained a few pounds, but I can deal with that. I have already decided on some eating changes that I want to implement for my next recovery week. Fasting animal protein for a few days or all week and eating more fresh fruit and raw veggies should help. I think the stress at work was a factor too. I need to have a better game plan for dealing with that.

I just thought of something and reviewed an old journal to refresh my memory. I started burning out early this year after 7 weeks of my first Intensity Series rotation. I took an unplanned recovery week (or half week actually) and alternated Push Pull and Supersets with jogging in the pool for a few days, and I was bursting with energy after that. I think I just figured out what I need to do for my next recovery week!

My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. It is time for Stretch Max and Sleep Max!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.