Shrinking Violets Thursday 10/26

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Violets!

I have a TM run slated for this evening around 5-6pm. DH is working O/T and then he has his bowling league so I won't see him until about 9:30 this evening. It's just DS and I for the long haul today....I have to work this morning and then I will spend the afternoon on housework. FUN, right!? :p

Sunny: Joey is doing great. His terrible 2 type antics are making us a bit crazy but he is still a cute, sweet little guy with a smile and dimples to die for so I can't stay mad at him for long! ;) :p It's almost time for you to head up to NJ, right?

Meg: Do you have HSTA? If you want to try it and you don't have it, maybe we can trade vids for a couple of weeks. What do you have that I don't? }(

Heather: Sorry about your foot. New shoes can DEFINATELY cause issues if you wear them for too long before they are broken in. :-( I am looking most forward to Drill Max myself. }(

Have a great day!

Ciao Bellas!:*

Hey Wendy! you are so nice!! I probably have everything you do LOL! I don't have much. THe Dvd's I have are the INtensity Series:
Imax2 and C&W
BC and ME
PUB & PLB
The Terminator

ANy other Cathe's I have taped off of Fit TV. ANd of course, you already have Jari's! I do have a fun yoga LOL!!!!

Not sure what to do today. I have to do UB though. I have a Bday party with my son today, so I am hoping to avvoid the danger zone!!

BBL!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I have not checked in all week because I have been goofing off with the cardio haters (even though I am an avid cardio lover). I am experiencing a little setback too. I hurt my left foot, and I have been limping around for 3 days. I wore cute shoes for my weekend shopping expedition instead of going for comfort, and I am paying for it. I also think I tried to get too much mileage out of those shoes that are ready to be retired. Something always hurts when it is time for new shoes. I will be sad if I am not ready for Cathe’s new workouts when they arrive. Perish the thought! I will be ready! I will stay off my feet as much as possible this weekend. The good news is that I had a successful weekend of shopping and found new Nike Shox for my workouts and new shoes for work that are cute and comfortable. I also found cute Nike workout clothes and new tops for work. All on sale!

I tested my light box Sunday morning. It really gives a nice glow to my living room that reminds me of early morning light. I have not been getting up early enough to use it on a daily basis. The timing is very important, so I need to get my act together. Thankfully, the time changes this weekend. An extra hour will make a big difference. It has been dark and rainy all week, which is not helping the situation. I did not sleep well again last night, but I am not tired this morning for some reason.

After viewing all the video clips, I am most excited about Body Max 2. That surprises me. Of course, I may change my mind by the time the DVDs are delivered. Drill Max is a close second. Believe it or not, Low Impact Circuit is now the one I am least excited about. After seeing all the other clips, it does not have the same energy and intensity. Of course, that is subject to change. I love Low Max and Low Impact Step, so I am hoping this one will be as much fun. I keep reminding myself that I need some less intense workouts in my rotation. I am such an intensity junkie though! With a Collage rating of basic for the step choreography in Low Impact Circuit, I am not sure if it will rock my world. But Cathe will likely surprise me. My favorite Cathe workouts have a complex rating. Body Max 2 is only rated as moderate, but that is okay. What I saw looks like fun. Butts and Guts surprised me when I watched the clip. It might replace my beloved Leaner Legs as my favorite. All in all, I am glad I ordered the whole set. My only regret is not ordering them on the first day with expedited shipping. Hopefully, they will start shipping today.

Jean, I laughed at your Dr. Pepper comment in Cathe’s forum. There are actually places north of the sweet tea line that do not serve sweet tea either. :eek:

Wendy, I actually wore a favorite pair of old shoes that need to be retired. When my shoes start breaking down, my body starts crying! Yes, new shoes can be painful too before breaking them in.

Maeghan, have fun at the birthday party. Step away from the cake. Remember that Wendy has a whip! ;-)

Sunny and Kim, hugs to you.

Kali, where are you? I miss you!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

hello violets!!

today's workout will be seg 1 from SM, 30 mins elliptical and upperbody weightwork.

heather- i can't wait for bm2 either. i didn't preorder it at first but after the pics i added it to my order:)

wendy- housework ugh. you know how i feel about cleaning. since i was home for the last couple of days i got a jump start and did some of it, at least this weekend i won't have to clean the whole house and do laundryx( . i will bet mr. joey is as cute as ever. i know those antics they go thru all too well. as far as my trip to nj we are supposed to be leaving on friday. however,x( ...since my mil is moving to nc next thurs. we now have noone to watch the kids. the wedding is no kids allowed. so i am not sure how this is going to play out. i am really sick about the whole situation. i will definitely keep you posted.

meg- thanks for the update on the maniacs post.

enjoy your day ladies.

>Hey Wendy! you are so nice!! I probably have everything you
>do LOL! I don't have much. THe Dvd's I have are the INtensity
>Series:
>Imax2 and C&W
>BC and ME
>PUB & PLB
>The Terminator
>
>ANy other Cathe's I have taped off of Fit TV. ANd of course,
>you already have Jari's! I do have a fun yoga LOL!!!!

Meg,

Well, you are right, I do have everything you have and I'm not into Yoga...as a matter of fact I am going to be looking to sell the one YOGA vid I DO have!:eek: Listen, if you want to try HSTA, I'd still be happy to lend mine to ya for a couple of weeks if you want...then I won't feel obligated to do it while it's gone! ;) The only stipulation though, is that if ya like, you can't KEEP it unless you order a new one and have it shipped to my house as a replacement!:p LOL

Just let me know!

Heather...Old shoes are the the best! Like old tshirts! Sooo comfy although they DO lose any support, etc that they once had.

Sunny...Sorry to hear about the wedding troubles. ACK! I hope it works out for you. If you have some free time, let me know and maybe we can meet! I have a lot on tap for that weekend myself but ya never know! We might be able to fit it in!:) No cleaning lady yet!? :eek: :p

Meg,

If you want to PM me your address I will send it off to ya over the next few days.

Edited to Add: I can't wait to hear what you think! It's a KILLER work out girl!}(

wendy- i will definitely let you know. it would be so nice to meet a fellow catheite!! did you pre-order the new jari's?

meg- that christmas list just keeps growing, LOL.

Sunny, I pre-ordered Ripped 1000 when I saw it available on DDD. I am still waiting for the other one to become available. I can be very patient when I am able to get something at half price for waiting a bit longer!:+

No problem Meg. It's approaching the Christmas season and I want spread the pain...err..the JOY this holiday season!;) :p }( :7 :+
I got your pm. I'll send it off by monday at the latest!

Well, off to the gym with me!

Jean- hello!!

meg- i have a super, duper long list too...sigh

wendy- that's very nice of you to share;) . no cleaning lady, not in the budget:-( . what is the pre-order price at ddd? i tried to check yesterday and i couldn't find it. i am thinking of preordering from amazon for $9.99.

have a nice night ladies!

Hi ladies. I'm back. Today was really busy for me. First, I did get up and do 45 min on tm and core Max. I can't believe I've stuck with most of the rotation. Then it was off to take ddog to the vet to get spayed. then off to work, then a dentist appointment, back to work and then pick up the ddog. She looks so pathetic.

I can't wait for the DVD's. I read that several have gotten their notifications, but I haven't. wah! I think I'll start with drill max, but that might change after I get the DVD's.

Heather, I forgot all about sweet tea. When I first moved here I was like “they already but sugar in it? Hope your foot gets better fast. I have a hard time wearing cute or dress shoes. I live in sneakers Glad you found ones you liked and that you got some new workout wear.

Wendy, enjoy your evening with the little one. He sounds so cute. Hopefully you will survive the terrible 2's. For us it was the odd #’s that gave us the most trouble with our dd. Terrible 3’s, 5’s 7’s etc. Lol. How’s does HSTA compare to other workouts? The only time I have done anything like high step, was one of the workouts at the roadtrip.

SunnyD. Hope you get something worked out for the wedding.

Maeghan, hope you enjoy the party. And just a reminder, if you had everything, it would be a very complex decision each day to try to figure out what to do. LOL

Hi Kali and Kim. Hope everything is well with both of you.

Does anyone have any Halloween plans for the weekend. We have a party on Saturday and I can't believe we are going to wear the costumes that I found. DH is going to be the lady from the "Far Side" cartoon "Lost dog" and I'm going to be this big beer belly guy. I hope it works out and we don't chicken out.

Jean

Sunny- The price for the dvd I preordered on DDD is the same as the other Jari's $8.xx plus FREE shipping!!! I forget the exact amount but it's such a great deal so I will wait it out for the other one as well! Lord knows I can stay busy enough with the new stuff from Cathe coming any day now!}( }( }(

Jean- HSTA is TOUGH! Lots of leg presses plus additional leg work and other great weight work! The cardio segments are very challenging as well! The work out is broken down into cycles that go like this: cardio, legs (leg presses + another exercise), upper body and there are 5 cycles total. }( }( }(

I went to the gym tonight for a run. I think I am going to do a segment of stretchmax after my shower this evening...that is how HARD I worked out tonight! I RARELY want to do stretchmax as I have no patience for it but I really feel I could use it tonight! }( }( }( I did my usual 3 minute walking w/u plus stretches and then did a 1 mile "warm-up" run at my "normal" pace. After that I did Cardio Coach volume 3 which is all about the hills baby! When CC went to cool down I kept running for another mile to make a 5 mile run out of it. }( }( }(

WOW! I have lots of }( }(}( in this post! Don't I? :p :7 :7 :7

Good night ladies!:*

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't check back in last night and not getting to today. Ate dinner with mom last night, then picked up dh from dance and had to take her shopping for dress slacks. This was at nine o'clock at night!x( So let's say I didn't get in a workout last night!:-( Well today I felt sick for most of the time and was glad to get off work so I could crawl into bed! I think it was a stomach virus that is slowly getting better tonight. I won't be able to sleep tonight because I have slept so much this evening. So no workout for me tonight!

I am going to giving the morning workout a try again tomorrow. I really liked getting everything over with in the morning, but I felt worn down by the afternoon! But I will give it another shot!

I ordered drillmax,and butts and gutts and wonder if I'm ready for them yet. I think I can do butts and gutts,but drillmax will maybe have to hold on for a little while.:-( I didn't order mine till the day before the last day of ordering. I didn't see any need in ordering early when I was going thru all this crap with my foot!

Okay ladies, I promise I will have a workout to report tomorrow!

I say Hello to all the violets!!!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.