Shrinking Violets Sunday 11/2

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey girly girls!

Today is a run...not sure if it will be indoors or out. I'll decide that later.

DH and I are going to do some Christmas shopping this morning (I'll run later) as DS is at his granny's house right now so it's a great opportunity to go fight the crowds. :)

Heather: Don't worry girlfriend. I won't abandon the Violets! I was here when Kali first started this check-in and it was called the Summer checkin or something like that! I'm not leavin' now!:)

Off to get ready for the insanity!

BBL!

Hello violets,

today will be another day without working out. i won't call it a rest day because there will not be a moment of rest for me today.

After church, i am doing some house cleaning, then visiting with my mother and then come home to do a few days worth of cooking....sigh.

yesterday i did get in some christmas shopping so i am very happy about that.

alright ladies, enjoy your day! workout in extra hard for me today:)

ttyl...

Hey guys!
Both the boys are sick! yuk! I didn't wo yesterday again. SO that was THREE days off. Crazyness! But atleast I have no pain now. I fifured it was my sciatica, not hip which is good.
So I ate my eggs for breakfast and will get to my WO when the boys go down for their nap. Then it is off to get more cold medicine for them.

SD- hope you get to relax tonight! Geesh!

Wendy- Iknow you would never abandon us! Have a good run!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Happy Sunday, Violets! I went to church this morning, and it was cold outside. Brrr. Thankfully, there is no ice to contend with today. I am definitely not a winter girl. Give me Texas sunshine and heat! :) I like to sweat!

No workout for me today, but I would not call it a “rest” day. Thankfully, I had one of those on Friday. My day will be filled with laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, and preparing food for the week. I am hoping to be more organized next weekend so I can enjoy a restful Sunday. I am planning to start my new rotation in the morning with cardio and a lower body workout.

I fixed some pumpkin pudding for dessert today with organic pumpkin pie mix and fat free ricotta cheese. :9 Yummy! I found an organic graham cracker crust yesterday. I will either try the fat free ricotta cheese or organic reduced-fat cream cheese in my “clean” pumpkin cheesecake for Christmas. The pumpkin pudding is really good! I am fixing organic whole wheat lasagna for lunch. :9 I found organic whole wheat pasta made with milled flax seed. It is the best whole wheat pasta I have tasted. I fix it with organic pasta sauce, fat free ricotta cheese, string cheese, and Parmesan cheese. It is a weekend treat, but it is still relatively clean. :)

Wendy, here is a little history lesson for you. We actually started in April as a 12-week challenge. The reason you do not remember is because none of us did that well! ;-) Nobody had any “after” pictures to post either. The only thing we lost was a lot of members. We were shrinking in numbers, so Sunny joked about calling us the Shrinking Violets. We wanted to keep checking in together. Lori (gidget1978) started the original check-in, got pregnant, and dropped out. Kali started a different check-in the previous summer. That must be the one you are thinking about. Speaking of the 12-week check-in, do you remember Kathy (Annabelle2) from Texas? She is rocking a newborn grandson this weekend! :)

Sunny, I have the same kind of “rest” day ahead of me with laundry, cleaning, and shopping. It sounds like we have the same game plan for the day. Nothing restful about it. ;-)

Maeghan, I hope your boys feel better soon. You look amazing too. Great pictures! Wow! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hi everyone. The first time I read today's posts I didn't notice anything about the date. Then after reading Heather's post I did a search to go back and review my goals from the begining of the 12 week challenge. When I cam back to this thread I was looking at the date going "today's not the second. Then I noticed the 11 instead of 12 and I thought I was on the wrong page and started looking for the thread again. It doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL

Wendy, hope you got your run in and had fun with the shopping. I'm not in the mood for shopping yet this year.

Sunnydelite, I know what you mean about not being a rest day. I've got laundry piled up and will go start another load when I get through typing.

Maeghan, hope the little ones get over their colds quickly. And I hope you were able to get your workout in during nap time. I probably would have laid down and taken a nap with them.

Heather, you have such a good memory. I only joined the check in when the 12 week challenge started, so I didn't know about the summer check in. You got me thinking so I went back to the beginning of the 12 week challenge and boy did we have alot of people back then. While I was searching I found my original goals. Here it is more than 7 months and I am a whopping 1.5 lbs lighter. I wanted to lose 10 lbs in those 12 weeks and I didn't even lose 10lbs in 7 months. What a wake up call. I really need to motivate myself and take better care of myself. Instead of improving I have actual decreased my fitness level. I need to make some changes. I need to figure a way to make this a priority without letting other daily responsibilities fall. I'm at a point where I don't even know what I want to concentrate on. I'd like to start jogging again, but my hip pain has disappeared and I don't want it to start back. I need to build strength back up again, but I've gotten so wishy washy on my workouts that I don't know where to start. So between now and the new year, I need to do some soul searching and decide what I want and decide on a plan that will help me get there.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes you just gotta let it all out.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.