Shrinking Violets Sept 26

Good morning violets!

This morning I did the killer Leaner legs! My legs were shaking uncontrollably by the time I got to plie squats! I used light weights also! But I can't believe I have gone through three days of one of Cathe's rotations!

Yesterday I went all day without a sugar soda or sweets. I did have a diet soda at supper last night. But water for the rest of the day. so I am hoping I can pull off another day without junk!

Kali-enjoy your day off and have a good walk! And watch out for Killer legs!!

Good morning and Good day to all of you violets!

kim

Way to go Kim! UGH I'm jealous you're done w/ Meaner Legs! I'm up but not ready to workout yet! I have time before school so I guess I'll get it over with...I have DOMS everywhere. They're not too bad, but I feel them. I'll get to it and Day 3 will be behind us both! :):)
Good job with the eating yesterday. I didn't have any crap either. Keep it up today!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi Kim and Kali! Meaner legs....Aaaahhhhh, I don't have to do that one today!:p :7 :7 :7

Today it will be spin or elliptical. It kinda depends on my timing. If I get my butt outta here in time, spin it is. If not, elliptical. }(

I ended up having to work last night so I couldn't make the run w/my friend but I hopped on the TM for a fast 2 miler (20 min) after my shift was over. This morning I have a touch of DOMS in my ENTIRE body. HSTA is da' bomb, man!}( :7 :7 :7

Have a great day ladies!:)

Morning guys! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I didn't WO. Was upset about that, but I had so much going on and then I was pooped.

Kim and Kali- way to go on your rotation. Good luck and have fun!

Wendy- I still Have UB DOMS from Sunday. I love it! I fun spinning!

I am supposed to work legs too, since I didn't yesterday. Probably L&G. I was hoping to do cardio too tonight, but I will play that by ear. Another day of babysitting. Yesterday was the first day, a 4 month old cutey, and then his bro and sis after school for 2.5 hours. Hopefully today goes well too.

Hello SD, Heather, Violet, Jean, and all the violets!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning and hugs to all the Violets! I did the hi-lo half of Cardio Collectibles yesterday morning. It is a fun and dancy workout. I enjoy Christi’s choreography. The second combination is my favorite with all the twirls and spins I love so much. I even enjoy repeating that one. In general, Christi breaks down her patterns a bit too much for my taste and takes it from the top a few too many times. I like the second combination and the fourth combination the best. Thankfully, her DVDs are chaptered. The chapters with those combinations have the best music in my opinion. The next time I do this one, I may just do my favorite parts. That is the good thing about DVDs.

I went to the club after work yesterday and did my friend’s cardio boot camp class for the first time since last month. It was fun to experience the fitness results of the Hardcore Series. My heart rate did not get as high, and I was not gasping for breath this time. My cardio endurance has greatly improved thanks to IMAX3. The cardio segment of class was a walk in the park compared to IMAX3. The walking lunges never get easier. The core work kicked my butt too. All in all, I am in much better shape than I was in a month ago. My taste buds are changing too. I ate a Clif Bar before class, and it tasted really processed compared to the raw fruit and nut bars I have been eating. That is a praise!

I am melting like a snowman on the 4th of July, and my obese friends are standing up and taking notice. My friend Rebecca practically knocked down my front door last night. She showed up unexpectedly and watched some of Cathe’s Hardcore Series workouts. Rebecca wanted to see what is working for me. She watched IMAX3 and the Kick Max blast challenge and was blown away. She kept asking if Cathe knows she is not a bunny rabbit! :7 I should have banned her from watching those DVDs. They do not call it the Hardcore Series for nothing. Just watching Cathe scared the fire out of her. Rebecca joked that she would rather starve herself than do that! She is thinking about buying a few of Cathe’s DVDs to watch when she is tempted to overeat. The first time I previewed the Kick Max blast challenge, I could not wait to try it! All that bouncing around is a blast if you ask me. I demonstrated air jacks, plie jacks, tuck jumps, and a few other moves on my rebounder. Rebecca thinks I am crazy like Cathe! I must be a different breed because Cathe inspires me and motivates me to aim higher and train harder. For some reason, she intimidates some people. I am not sure what to recommend for Rebecca. I started with advanced workouts, modified, and kept pressing on until I could do them. I need a challenge. That is just my way.

I did the third segment of Total Body Stretching last night for a change. I am planning to do Better Burn Better Buns today, but that will have to wait until after work. I stayed up too late last night as a result of my friend’s visit and slept a little later this morning.

This is my recovery week. All this Leaner Legs talk is making me miss my beloved Cathe workouts. That is my favorite Cathe lower body workout. I love every minute of it, even the lovely low ends.

Kali, enjoy Leaner Legs. Do a few extra low ends for me!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Kim- good job on your eating, WOW!!

Kali- c'mon girl let's go get meaner legs...you not me, LOL

wendy- you are becoming a speed demon}( .

meg-i hope you feel better today.

heather- what an enabler:p

this morning was intervals using cc#4. i did the last segment twice..wooohooo. my legs are so tired from yesterday's ME and today's run...must keep goin':D

hello to anyone i may have missed.

Oh SUUUUUUUNNNNNNYYYYY! I haven't see you over in the Cheetah Check In yet! What are you waiting for??? Get your booty over there, chickie!}(

Well, I moved my butt in time to make the spin class. In the first 10 minutes I wasn't feelin' so good for some reason so I thought I'd have to stop but I kept it slow at first, ended up being fine and was able to push it harder after all. }(

Tomorrow is weights and my running class...If I can walk, that is!;)

oh wendy you caught me, LOL:D

ok, i promise after i sign up for the race i will post in the cheetah's check-in. how's that for keepin' my butt motivated to do this race. :D
girl, you are doing some serious workouts. too bad i didn't get a chance to meet you when i lived in nj. we would have had a blast working out together. i am hoping to find some time to squeeze in a spinning class this week.
by the way how is the house selling coming along?

Sunny,

Well sign up for that race lady! Do it NOW! :p :p :p

My motivation for serious work outs comes and goes...I'm not always this motivated to cause myself pain! ;)

I would have loved to have a work out buddy. I've had a few in the past but most only lasted a couple of months. When I attended jazzercise classes, my mom went with me religiously 2x a week. That was fun. We did that for a solid year or more.

I am thankful for my running friend. Lately we haven't had good luck in getting together but we keep trying. It definately makes it more fun.

Putting the house up for sale has been pushed to after the first of the year. We just are not motivated to get the place ready to sell so at this point we've decided to just wait.

:)

Hello violets,

Today I did good also on not eating junk food and I drank plenty of water! I also had a dr's appt., just a checkup on my foot. The doctor said it would take about a year for the tendon to thin out like the other and heal. He says as long as I can do things and it doesn't give me a problem that I wouldn't have to come back! YeePee!! I thought I would never hear that one! There is one thing that I have to lay off of and that is step aerobics. I told him that it is the only thing that seemed to irritate my foot and he told me to lay off of it for a while! So that means I will have to sub for the step workouts in my rotation. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I can list the ones I have to sub. CTX step & Intervals,Imax's,and Rythmix step. Is there any thing particular to sub with these?

Kali-My legs and buttocks are sore girl! They were already sore from Monday and then I thought I would die just doing the warmup of LL this morning! I was burning like crazy then! Yes I will have to sub my step workouts with something else for this rotation until my foot heals alitte more. The doctor said that I needed to cool it with that for a while. It is weird how I can jump around,do kickboxing and run, but step bothers the heck out of my foot! I will listen to the doc and lay off of step right now. And lowmax is in week three and I love it so much!!:-(

Maeghan-Have fun with L&G! That is a great lowerbody workout and I love its floorwork!

SD-ME is a toughie girl! My upperbody gets sore everytime, especially my biceps!

Wendy-Have you signed up for another race? You go girl!

Heather-Sounds like you have some great workouts!

I was going to do some cardio this afternoon but I'm listening to my legs and just laying off today with that! I'm gearing up for day 4 of butts and gutts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.