Shrinking Violets Saturday 9-9

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Violets!

Kali, I read your post in my *gasp* thread. If DH has no issue with it-which he shouldn't so long as he doesn't have plans for Sunday-then I would love to pack a bag and plan to stay the night at your place after the GTG.

So I am probably going to be hitting L&G today and then tomorrow it's another 5k with my friend at the park! }( Tomorrow will officially put me over my 4 days of cardio by 1 day but I'm letting it slide this time. ;)

Hope everyone has a great saturday!
What's everyone up to?

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! Cathe has been kicking my butt this week. I have not been able to scrape myself off the floor after my workouts to check-in! The last time I checked in was Tuesday night, so this is my update for the rest of the week.

I did the second segment of Stretch Max Tuesday night. I love, love, love it. The music is so worshipful and sounds like “You Are My All in All” and “I Will Never Be the Same.” At least, that it what it sounds like to me. I kept singing those songs while I was stretching. I did not care for the first segment, but this one is a keeper for sure. Cathe’s voice is really soothing too.

I was in bed by 10:00 p.m. Tuesday night and woke up at 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning feeling refreshed and renewed. After my Bible study, I did Intervals 6-10 of IMAX3. The choreography in the second half of this workout is a little more complex. I did some of the blasts on my rebounder again. I love this workout. After cardio, I did the leg conditioning exercises from Kick Max followed by the floor leg exercises from Gym Style Legs. I am loving premixes and custom workouts instead of always doing the workouts as designed. I went to the club Wednesday night and jogged in the pool with a friend.

I was tired Thursday morning, so I slept for an extra hour. After my Bible study, I did a Muscle Max upper body premix as planned but decided to give the upper body push pull premix a whirl. The editing is less than perfect, but I only had to rewind in one place. The quick transition between the band kickbacks and the barbell curls caught me off guard. Other than that, I did not miss a beat. This is a fun workout. It is not quite as intense as the full upper body premix, and the time flies. It is shorter too. I think I will keep this one in my rotation for my Thursday morning workout. I do not have as much energy later in the week. I also did the blast challenge from Kick Max again on my rebounder. What a blast! I did the warm-up, kick and punch combinations, and stretch from Kick Max Thursday night. Did I mention that I love, love, love this workout? For all the bad press this series received, these are some amazing workouts!

I slept an extra hour again yesterday morning. I had to pray and ask God for help getting through my morning Cathe workout. I was tired, but I persevered. After my Bible study, I did Intervals 1-4 of Low Max for the first time. Nothing less. Nothing more. I was planning to do the whole workout, but I was running late and felt very worked out after the first half. I am glad I only did the premix. I did not have time to practice the choreography beforehand, but the step sweep move is the only one that really made me think. Cathe’s choreography flows for me.

I did the Core Max complete core premix last night followed by Intervals 4-7 of Low Max. I love, love, love Low Max. It has fun choreography with a few new moves or new twists on old favorites. I simply adore the reverse mambos and mambos in different directions. There are enough pivots and turns in this one to keep me happy as well. This is a delightful workout. It is one of her best since Rhythmic Step. I am even more excited about Low Impact Circuit now that I have experienced what Cathe can do with a low impact workout. I like Core Max a lot too. It is not out of my league, but I have been avoiding the segments with pikes!

High Step Challenge is on my rotation for the first time this morning as well as a possible trip to the club to jog in the pool with Rebecca.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning ladies,

i don't think i got a chance to check in yesterday. however i did get a chance to workout. i did 30 mins on the elliptical. all i had time to do. i had to bake a cake for dh's bday!!

wendy-i am so proud of you, your running is coming along great! you are inspiring me to take my runs outside.

heather-you are on a roll girl:D

i was on my way to the gym this morning to try the powerpump class (total body weight workout) however ds#2 isn't feeling well. he's got about 4 teeth coming in at the same time so i think that's what is bothering him. i have scrapped that idea and hope to do some type of workout at home.

hello to kali, meg, jean (hopefully i didn't miss anyone)..i hope everyone has happy workouts and a wonderful weekend!

Happy Saturday Violets!

Had a meeting at work this morning at 8. It was fun actually!

Wendy that would be great! We could go out on the town! Hope Sal doesn't mind! Have a great run! Too much cardio huh? LOL!

Good luck w/ HSC Heather! Have fun in the pool!

SD hope your little guy is feeling better. Oh I remember those days. Have a good workout at home.

I walked yesterday and am thinking of Lowmax today. Don't know why. Feel like torturing myself maybe?? LOL. I'll probably just end up on my TM again. Maybe I'll do that then the blasts from LM. That is a BIG MAYBE!!

Hello to all you other shrinkers out there!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hey Everyone,

I'm back. I took a vacation in August and then had problems with my toe and then my knee, but I think I'm getting back into shape. Slowly. I'm running a 1/2 marathon with friends and family Oct 1st, so today was a 9 miler. It was brutal. I did a marathon a couple years ago and loved it. However, training for this half feels harder than any of my longer runs used to. It's a bit depressing, but I suppose I should look at the positive aspects...I'm still able to make it (slowly but surely) even if I had to walk a couple of times because breakfast didn't agree with me :)

Work has also been stressful. I'm part of a merging company (full-time job) and am going to school part time to change my career path. I have a habit of eating constantly to get me through the day and I don't know how to stop the mindless eating. Everyday my emotional hunger conquers my willpower. Does anyone have suggestions of how to quit this bad habit?

I had a 1/2 pita w/PB and banana before my run, a turkey sandwich and apple for lunch, and will have some kind of snack before my DH and I go to the Twins vs Tigers game with another couple. We're hitting the pizza parlor before we go. Hopefully I can maintain some control!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Sunny D: Definately take the runs outside if you can. It's like a whole new work out!}(

Kali: My DH won't mind. He's not like that. We are both very cool about going out w/o the other one!:)

Heather: Good job with your work outs this week!:D

Spunky: You ran a marathon? WOW! Good for you! What an accomplishment. I can't believe you are training for a half with friends and family! You are sooo lucky to have people around you that are into fitness! I have only one person and she lives an hour from me which is too far to do me any good. :-( Actually...I DO now have someone else...my friend from my running class. Hopefully I will be able to run once a week with her on a pretty regular basis now. It's so much better than running alone!:)

Hey girls,

This has been a crazy week! I haven't done much exercising at all. But today I did a walk/run at the park for 2 miles and then did taebo lowerbody. The taebo workout was really good actually! It was something different. And I am getting impatient as I haven't recieved my RTTC yet!x(

I plan on going to the park tomorrow and running again and then going to have lunch with a friend. I am going to eat with SIL and niece for her 16th b-day. She got a brand new Eclipse convertible. I was very happy for her and she deserves it. I just don't like her mom! Another story!

Hope everyone has a great day!

kim

Hey Wendy,

I'm actually running on my own and we're meeting in Chicago to run the 1/2. I enjoy listening to music on my own :). When I ran the marathon in Duluth, MN (Grandma's) they had a station dedicated to the marathon and the music was great. During training I was dating my hubby and I think I had more spring in my step 'cause I knew I'd found "the one" :) I still love him to death, but the romance of dating was such a fun stage ;)

Your recent pics look great and Joey is such a cutie! I'm jealous! My hubby's still in school so it will be another 3-4 years before we're trying to increase the family...though we may get a puppy in the next year :) Time will tell.

Better get back to studying...

hello kim and spunky! nice to hear from you ladies again:)

I did it!! i did it!! i went to the local college and ran for 3 miles and walked for two more. I am so psyched. it felt so good. i will have to make a point of running outside more often.

thanks wendy:D :)

Hey HC! Great to see ya! That is great getting to run w/ your family! I would try to make sure whatever it is your eating is clean. That's what I do when I feel like a bottomless pit. Tell yourself if you feel it's an emotional snack, "I don't need this, this is NOT going to make me feel better, it's going to make me feel WORSE'!!x( Hang in there.

Wendy that would be sooo great if you stay.:7:7 If all is well w/ Anne, and she comes, you can both stay here. I know she was planning on getting a hotel near by. Our house is small, but we have enough room for sleepovers! This will be soooo fun!:) We can go have "Old Forge" style pizza}( and then go dancing!:eek: I can't believe it's only 3 weeks away!!!:7:7:7 I'm gonna ask Robin to stay too if she wants!

Hi Kim! Taebo is a great workout! Have fun tomorrow!;-)

Way to go SD!! You go girl! :7

Well I was going to go on the TM but I opted for SLIM & LEAN Baby!! I'll tell you what. After walking everyday for the last week or so, I really "felt the burn"!!}( It felt great. Don't know about tomorrow, but I upped my weights and matched her pretty much. I think just on lunges, dead lifts and shoulder presses I went a bit lighter. But WOO HOO! I will probably walk tomorrow. Who the hec knows? I'm starting to shrink again so I am a Happy Camper :)! And HA what do you know I'm NOT doing a rotation of any sort and actually having fun!!:eek: LOL!

Off to shower and go get a Blockbuster gift card for a BD party tomorrow. Talk to you guys later! Hello to anyone else who checks in!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali, I'm all for it just so long as DH can be around for DS!:+

I just finished Leaner Legs. YEOW!}(

Catch you ladies tomorrow!:)

Thanks for the welcome back, Kali! Who instructs SLIM & LEAN? I love hearing when people change up their routine and get great results--good for you! Also, thanks for reminding me that if I feel I NEED to eat, I just have to make it clean. It's also a great idea to give myself a proactive reminder that emotionally eating will only make me feel worse. I'll give it a try :)

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.