Shrinking Violets Sat Dec 16 to ??? ; )

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Violets.

I figured it was a good time to start a new thread...

Meg, Glad you enjoyed LIC. It seems to be a popular favorite of the new series.

I have GSL standing and a TM run on tap for today as well giftwrapmax and cardmax so I'll be a busy lady.:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning ladies,

i do not have to go into work today, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

of course i've still got plenty to do.

finish shopping, buy our christmas tree (we always get a real one each yr), decorate and of course laundrymax. oh yea and add "cardmax" to my list of to do's...

today's workout is GS C& T and turbo jam, kick punch and jab.

meg- i really like LIC also.

wendy- you still have gifts left to wrap?:D enjoy your day.

have a good one ladies:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I have not worked out yet. I need to be doing Slow and Heavy Chest and Back, but I am doing some serious procrastinating instead. ;-) As I shared before, I want to play when the weekend arrives! :7

I previewed both of the upper body Gym Styles. I am still on the fence about ordering them. I think they may be too “hardcore” for me. The use of the band looks interesting, but the workouts do not appear to have the fun factor I associate with Cathe. I watched Muscle Max again for a point of reference. Just watching that DVD made me want to do it! Muscle Max has much better music. Cathe’s demeanor is more serious in the Gym Styles. The entire crew looks tired and unhappy to me. :-( Cathe is a little perkier in Gym Style Chest and Triceps. Just watching these DVDs made me feel sad. :-( These look like great workouts, and I am sure they are effective. When my body fat is low enough to actually see results, I may be more motivated to try them. At this point in my journey, I just want to have fun and enjoy my workouts. I love the weight work in Cathe’s circuit training workouts as well as Butts and Guts, Body Max 2, Gym Style Legs, Muscle Max, Leaner Legs, Pyramid Upper Body, Supersets, and Muscle Endurance. I like Pyramid Lower Body, but it is not my favorite. Push Pull is good but not as much fun as Supersets. I like the CTX Series as designed with one body part a day but do not care for the upper body split. I love the Timesaver rotation too. I have only done Power Hour once and do not remember much about it. I love the Slow and Heavy Series for short rotations. I may order the Gym Styles someday. They might be more appealing if I did one body part a day, and anything is better than a real gym workout!

I received my Christmas bonus yesterday, so I am planning to start my Christmas shopping today. Yes, you read that right! I need to get moving and do my workout so I can get to the mall.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Well, GSL did not happen today but I got wrapmax done, finished up a batch of holiday cards and did a 20 min Itrain plus 20 mins on the elliptical at the gym. I feel accomplished and worked out so I'm happy! :)

How was everyone else's day?

Late night for me. Took kids to Monsters Inc on Ice. Was alot of fun.
I just finished B&G leg blast. O-M-G! My legs have not burned that much, like, ever. I used 8# DB for the 2/3 of it, then went down to 5#s. I then did the ab section from B&G and stretch.

I really need to shower and go to bed. Have a lot of shopping tomorrow. Goodnight.

Good job getting everything done Wendy. You are right about the leg blast! Holy cow. I hope I can walk thru the stores tomorrow!

heather- have fun shopping!!!!

SD- did you get it all done today???? Good WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning Glories!:)

Meg, LOL, I think I went Christmas shopping for like 8 hours the day after doing the Leg Blast too! }( It was interesting. ;) This is the workout that gave me DOMS for 3 days...I am curious to see how it affects you. }( Good work out girlfriend!

Sunny, I am w/Meg in hoping you accomplished alot y'day. I know I did so I am happy. :) When does open enrollment season end for your job? It stinks to be so overwhelmed at work around the holidays. As if you didn't already have enough to worry about, right!?

Heather, Hope you are doing well.

Kali, ??? Where are you girlfriend!?!

Jean, I hope you have been able to squeeze in some work outs!

Kim, Ditto for you!

Hello to everyone else...if there is anyone else...LOL. This checkin is so small lately!;)

Well I have to get moving now. I am meeting my friend at the park for a run at 8:30!

Have a great day!

Well, I got in almost 3 miles with my friend and then came home and did BM2 abs.

Now I have to finish getting ready. We are leaving soon for FIL's.

I hope SOMEONE has posted by the time I get home tonight!:p

Catch y'all later!:7

Hi all. I haven't been very chatty lately with all the emotions that I have been dealing with due to our dog situation. For a quick update, we had to decide on Friday to have her put down. (Full blow version is on the Open forum under "Elderly Pet Update") Not an easy thing to deal with. She had been a member of our family for 14+ years and will be greatly missed. I am allowing myself to grieve as necessary(weird how it hits you in spurts) and will be able to return to a more structured routine shortly.

Maeghan, my prayers go out to your friend's little boy and his family (from open forum post) It was hard enoughg dealing with a sick dog, I don't know how people handle it when it is a child.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

On a lighter note, Are you ready for Christmas? I've got to go head to the mall. Yuck!. Hopefully I'll finish up most of it today.

Jean

Good morning Violets. :)

Jean: So sorry about your dog. I know how hard that is. I had to do it with a dog and a cat. ACK. Sending lots of ((((((((hugs)))))))))) your way.

I am switching over to the pyramids for upper body this week so I'll be doing chest and tri's today. I am also doing cardio at the gym. I want to run but that would be day 3 in a row and I could be taking a chance of over-doing it. I'll have to think about it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! Well, it is morning anyway. I got caught in a hormonal hurricane last night and did not sleep a wink. I was hit with killer cramps before bedtime that left me crying for my mommy. It appears that my cycle will be rough this month. What do you girls take for PMS cramps? I have not suffered like this in years and avoid drugs as much as possible, but I would have taken something last night. I settled for warm bubble baths and a heating pad instead.

I jogged on my rebounder Saturday morning and did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I did not get much else accomplished Saturday other than buying a few gifts. I had a blast with my friends at a Christmas party Saturday night. I have not laughed that much in months. I faced all the food temptations without overindulging. I ate half a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread before I left home. It is not good for me to eat rich food or sugary desserts on an empty stomach. I took organic tortilla chips and Hell on the Red mild party dip so I would have something relatively clean to eat. I surveyed the desserts and used a knife to cut bite-size pieces of several desserts so I could taste each one. The fudge was my favorite, so I ate a small piece of it. Putting a whole piece of everything on my plate would have tempted me to eat it all mindlessly while laughing with my friends. I tasted a tiny bite of each dessert and ate a small piece of fudge as well as a handful of tortilla chips and salsa. It was definitely not a clean eating day, but I am pleased with the way I handled this.

I stayed at the party until after midnight and did not get to sleep until 2:00 a.m. Sunday was my planned rest day. Not that it was restful. I am definitely living in holiday blast mode. After church, I enjoyed a short nap because I desperately needed it.

I am craving water and fresh fruit. I am sure this is my body’s way of balancing out the rich piece of fudge I enjoyed at the party. I was a little sluggish yesterday morning. When I eat dessert late at night, I feel it the next morning.

After watching the Gym Styles again, I decided to order them this morning along with High Step Circuit and Body Fusion. I want the latter for recovery weeks, and the Gym Styles are growing on me. Cathe has some unique exercises in this series. The back work looks really good, and that is a weak link in most home workouts. I keep telling myself that I do not have to do the workouts as produced. It appears that I may have a nearly complete Cathe collection by the end of 2007. I still need to upgrade some of my videos to DVD for the premixes. I want those to be rewards for fitness milestones. My VHS workouts are relatively new and in perfect condition. I cannot justify buying DVDs of the same workouts without a good reason. I did a search and found out why Cathe looks so tired in Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. She filmed it in the afternoon after filming Gym Style Chest and Triceps in the morning. I cannot imagine filming both of those workouts on the same day!

I am going to work late this morning. My cramps have subsided, but I need to get a few hours of sleep before I drive.

Jean, I am so sorry about Picante. I am sending hugs and keeping you in my prayers.

Maeghan, I am praying for little Mason too.

Wendy, have fun with Pyramid Upper Body.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Well, I gave in to the run...but only partly!:p I did the first 20 mins (2 miles) of my Itread 40 min work out and then hopped on the elliptical and did a 28 min (3.10 miles) interval work out. When I did PUB chest/tri's this morning I upped my weights on all exercises. I should feel some nice DOMS in the morning!}( I have decided to use B&G's Leg blast premix as my leg work while I use PUB for u/b! I'd like to do it 2x per week but I'm not sure that will happen if the DOMS is as bad as it was the last time!:7

In a few mins I'm off to do 30 mins of stretching or yoga. I have not decided which. I am trying to get myself into a routine of stretching/yoga b/c I am starting P90X in January and it's has a minimum of a one hour stretch and 90 min yoga w/o each and every week! And that's MINIMUM!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: If I have the patience to get through it all it will be a miracle!!!:p

Okay, I'm done babbling here...I'll be back later for personals...I'm waiting to see if more of the girls come by today!:)

Later!:7

HI everyone. This morning I got up and addressed a couple of packages that should have already been in the mail. I'm wanting to get back to exercising in the mornings (haven't since Thanksgiving) so when I got done, I saw I had time to go out for a short jog/walk. It was 69 degrees so it felt wonderful. I did an interveral pattern so I wouldn't feel like I was killing myself.

Thanks for all the concern on the dog situation. I've never seen my dh so broke-up over an animal before. She will be missed.

Wendy, nice workout. I think you are addicted to running.

Heather, I think you are addicted to Cathe. Wow, that will be nice to have the whole collection. For me I think it would be too many choices.

Maeghan, I looked at Wal-mart last night for protein powder. Here's what we have at ours. Soy Protein is $8.86 for a 21 oz can, Whey Protein is $11.97 for 2 lb can and the more expensive brand EAS is $13.26 for a 2 lb can. Hope that helps.

Hi, Kali, Kim and Sunnydelite. Hope all is well with each of you.

Jean

Hey Ladies!!
Jean- thanks for the info! I am real sorry about your dog. I know that is hard. Great job on the walk/jog this mornign. I wish I could keep doing the morning exercise. Hard to get up!

Heather- hope you feel better and get some sleep. I don'tusually have bad cramps, but I find motrin is a good one! Good luck. Have fun with the gym styles. I don't have any of those.....yet!

Wendy- good WO. You are really kicking it lately! Good for you. Glad you are liking PUB now. I am still feeling that leg blast a bit. Can't wait to WO today.

I rested yesterday. Was busy shopping and then had DH's Christmas party. Drank to much wine! Couldn't believe it, but I was buzzed. I had a really good time though. Relaxed some which I apparently dont' do enough of! I want to do BM2 in full, but Iwill have to see how the day goes. I am reallyloving working my legs too! I love B&G. I still have so many premixes to do to.

Kali and Kim, SD, where are you ladies????????

SD- boys had a BLAST at Monsters Inc! It was cute. SO glad we went!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Heather, Sorry about your cramps. Glad they subsided though. I'm glad you decided to order the GS series after all. It really is pretty awesome!

Jean, Glad you got out for a jog this morning. Hope you can get back into your work out routine soon.

Meg, You drank too much wine!? Noooo! I don't believe it! Ha Ha!:7 :7 :7 ;) Glad you had fun at the party. Sometimes too much wine is the ONLY way to enjoy a company party! :)

Well, I managed another 30 minutes of YogaX. I am now 1/2 way through the video...How scarey is that!? 90 minutes of friggin' yoga! OMG! :eek:

I am all about housework now...I'd rather do my work out all over again!:7

I'll catch up with everyone later!

Meg,

LOL! I know that all too well! I ALWAYS seem to notice how messy my house is at EXACTLY the times when I really can't do a darned thing about it! ACK!x(

Cleaning house ALL DAY? Who does that!? :p :7

LOL!

Trust me, I curse my dog and my DH's work boots every single time I am cleaning that floor!x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.