Shrinking Violets, Nov. 24,2006

Hey girls,

No, I didn't get my workout in yesterday but I DEFINITELY will get it in today! I'm going shopping and then I have the rest of the day free! So I will attempt SJP again, and I will probably to the step with no risers. I will work my foot up to that slowly. All that stepping up and down is terrible for my foot! I love the hi/lo workout in this one!

Well I'm off to battle the crowds!

Hello to Wendy,Jean,Heather,Maeghan,Kali,Sunny and I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Good morning violets,

kim- take it easy on that foot. have fun shopping!!

not sure if i will get a chance to fit in a workout today as my dh is sick and i am forcing him to go to the dr. to get checked out. why do men hate going to see the dr? however i know he's feeling really terrible because he agreed.

i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving yesterday. i made a pig out of myself:9 :p .

ttyl-:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I hope everyone had a delightful Thanksgiving. It was a victorious one for me. Stuffing myself during the Thanksgiving feast at my friend Rebecca’s home yesterday was not even a temptation for me. It is such a joy to wake up the morning after Thanksgiving without a hint of a food hangover! My game plan for this year was unusual but effective. I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving for a whole week. I fixed a turkey breast Saturday morning and have been eating a single serving of turkey and mashed potatoes every day. I dipped into the pumpkin cheesecake Tuesday night. I have no desire for all the other holiday treats. Mashed potatoes with real butter and pumpkin cheesecake are my favorites! I do realize that this is not the way most people who are concerned about their weight approach the holidays, but you do what you have to do when you are an emotional eater. Something about the freedom to enjoy the feast over the course of a week allowed me to approach the food with control. After I enjoy the last piece of pumpkin cheesecake and the rest of the turkey breast today, I will likely fast animal protein for a few days or a few weeks. I am planning to listen to my body and play it by ear, but I know that I feel better when I only eat animal protein every other day. This approach worked so well for me that I am planning to enjoy another celebration week from Christmas through New Year’s Eve. That will give me 30 days of clean eating in between holidays.

One of Rebecca’s friends is an aesthetician and professional make-up artist. I met her for the first time yesterday. She took one look at my complexion and told me that I have radiantly beautiful skin and must be a pure water drinker! My lifestyle is changing my appearance even if it is not changing the size of my butt as fast as I would like.

I enjoyed my friends yesterday. Food is just food. It tastes good and provides momentary pleasure, but it does not rock my world. I am finally finding that place of balance where I can enjoy holiday food without being mastered by it. That is worth celebrating!

Today is my planned rest day, but I will be shopping and walking a lot!

Kim, I agree that the hi-lo in Step, Jump, & Pump is a blast! Have fun!

Sunny, I hope your husband feels better.

Kali, I am still waiting for that leg blast report!

Wendy, I am praying for you today. I look forward to hearing about your race.

Maeghan, are you working out or shopping today?

Jean, I hope you find time for a workout. You will feel so much better.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hi girls.

I posted all about the race in the Cheetah Check-In if ya wanna go over there and check it out! I finished in about 51 minutes. That's about 3 minutes faster then the last/first 5 miler I ran! I'm very pleased!:+

I am also happy to say that tomorrow is my rest day! Good thing too cause I think my legs would just fall off my body if they had to do anything tomorrow! :7 :7 :7 :p

Hello all.

Heather way to go on your food strategy. Glad it helped you avoid the stuffing ritual. I unfortunately did not have a strategy.

Wendi, way to go on the race. Hope you had fun.

Kali, Maeghan, Kim & Sunnydelight, hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day.

The good news is that after I got up yesterday and put the ham in the oven, I went for an hour walk/jog with the dogs. It helped me make it through the day with cooking the turkey and everything else. And this morning when I got up I had to run to the store so that's what I did. I walked/jogged to the store with a little backpack. I had to walk most of the way back because just that little bit of weight in the back pack really made a difference. it kept my heart rate way up there. So I burned over 500 calories each day. Not that they will make a dent in the calories I consumed, but it's better thatn just sitting on my keester(spelling?) not doing anything.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jean

Hey Jean! Great job walking to the store on Thanksgiving! Don't compare the cals you burned to what you ate y'day! I'm sure most of us did not come close to exercising away ALL of the food we ate but it's OKAY! It's just ONE day, right? :9

I did Interval Max, skipping C/D, then Imax3 intervals 1-5, then C/D and stretch since my legs were so tight by this time. Then I did AbRx. It was about 1hr 45 min.

Great run Wendi!!
great eating Heather!
Great job on the WO out any way you could Jean
Great Hi/Lo Kim
Great job getting DH to the doc! Hope he feels better.

Sorry so short, but I really gotta shower!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg, You must have been in the mood to totally torture yourself tonight girl! What a friggin' work out! ^5's girl! Some say I've been doing crazy work outs lately but you have me beat my a mile!!! ENJOY THAT SHOWER!:)

Well, I totally slacked yesterday and did NOT eat good. I was so bloated last night. I lazed around all day today, napped. That was nice. I had to do something good. Imax1 was good, but it didn't "get" me good till about the 5th interval on, so I just added a bit,....and was dying! It was hard getting thru the Imax3, since I hate the 3rd interval too! But I did it, and I am sure I got a good lower body WO too! My butt was burning on the plie hops! I just wanted to do abs too. I hope to do a full body tomorrow of some sort, if the legs feel alright LOL!!
Yeah, I am beat, and the shower was SOOOO nice! Good night!

Don't sell yourself short, you have made me want to cry a few times just reading your WO's! You are really hitting them hard with all those premixes, and running on top of it! I usually am eating your dust!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.