Shrinking Violets Check-in for Tuesday, November 28

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good afternoon, Violets! Where are you? I am home for my lunch hour. I did not have time to check-in before work. After sleeping until 7:00 a.m. over the holiday weekend, I am having a hard time resetting my internal clock! I woke up just in time for my Bible study and workout yesterday morning. I jogged on my rebounder and did the Butts and Guts warm-up and my beloved leg blast premix again. I love, love, love this workout. Leaner Legs and Gym Style Legs have some serious competition.

Thankfully, I was able to fit into a pair of black pants for work yesterday. The waistband is comfortable, and the material is very stretchy and forgiving. I am starting to recover from my celebration week.

It dawned on me that the pumpkin cheesecake I ate was not homemade and likely caused the weight gain. I was careful to buy a fresh turkey breast with no added flavors or seasonings and fixed the mashed potatoes from scratch, but I cut corners with the bread and dessert. I did some research and discovered that the pumpkin cheesecake was full of soy, corn syrup, and a variety of junk. Mystery solved. I am challenging myself to create a clean version of this favorite dessert for Christmas.

I did the Body Max 2 timesaver cardio only premix this morning. It is a good workout. I will likely reach for the Cardio Fusion all step cardio premix more often when I need a short cardio workout because that is basically the same workout, but it includes the Low Impact Circuit bonus cardio instead of repeating the Body Max 2 bonus cardio.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Heather...So you went for it again with that dastardly premix ey? LOL Good for you! Have fun creating a healthier version of pumpkin cheesecake!:9

I just got done with GSC&T and my arms are SHAKING as I type this! YES! }( LOL

I am hoping to fit in a short cardio at the gym tmrw right after work. It's something there called a stairmill I believe. It actually is a small set of stairs that you climb. They move with you so that you keep climbing the same 3 or 4 stairs. I guess you set the speed, etc and it's supposed to be a great work out! I have to try it! Then I will come home and do GS Legs to add to the lower body torture for the day! }(

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Heather and Wendy,

Haven't gotten a workout to report, but just wanted to sneak in and say hello to you ladies. If you read my post last night, I probably sounded like I was feeling sorry for myself. I am waiting for the moment when I can get up and exercise and stay away from the CHOCOLATE!!! Yes I had a attack tonight and had to go get the faithful Hershey bar. Well enough of that I just came in to say hello and wandered how you ladies are doing.

Hello to Kali,Jean,Maeghan and Sunny.

kim

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good evening, Violets! I hope everyone is burning off all the Thanksgiving indulgences.

Cakebaker, thank you for the link to the recipe. I avoid margarine and artificial sweeteners. Raw honey is my sweetener of choice, but I do not know what to use in recipes like this. I can buy organic ingredients and make it a little cleaner. Not that any form of cheesecake will ever be perfectly clean! ;-) I wrote a response to your last message but never posted it for some reason. To answer your question, I have consulted with a registered dietitian in the past. She did not recommend calorie counting for me with my history of eating disorders. My career as a dieter is over. I want to be an intuitively clean eater. By the way, you are welcome to start checking in with us every day if you are interested!

Wendy, I love that premix! I adore that premix! I am addicted to that premix! :7 You will be reading about it a lot! I worked out on one of those stairmills years ago. I look forward to reading about your experience.

Precious Kim, please do not get discouraged. Feel free to share your heart here. No one will condemn you. I wear my heart on my sleeve and share my victories and my struggles. You have been reading my check-ins long enough to know that I am the queen of falling on my butt and starting over again. Kim, we are in this together. Start taking baby steps. Do one thing tomorrow. Do you have any happy workouts that are fun and make you smile? My all-time favorite happy workouts are Rhythmic Step and Cardio and Weights and Step, Jump, & Pump. The new DVDs arrived with a burst of sunshine and helped me get back on track after a battle with seasonal depression last month. You do not need to do a whole workout. Just do the warm-up and one combination. The step segment of Step, Jump, & Pump is a fun one. You could just go outside and walk if you do not want to do a DVD workout. Breathe some fresh air and enjoy the beauty of nature. You can do this. I hope you feel better soon. Please keep checking in with us. We love you. Feel free to send me a PM anytime if you need a hug or encouragement. The sun will come out tomorrow, and you will feel so much better when you take that first small step. :)

Maeghan, great workout! :)

Hugs to Jean, Kali, and Sunny! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

everything was done with the following rep pattern-
8 singles, 8 2-2 count, 4 7count low pulses, 8 singles using barbell unless otherwise stated.

w/u TM 3 min
ran 5 min
squats
plie squats

ran 5 min
one legged squats/lunges with rear leg elevated 15lb DB
50 calf raises 5lb ankle wt

ran 5 min
static lunges each leg
25 standing leg extensions keeping leg raised each leg 5lb ankle wt

ran 5 min
hamstring extensions on ball, 5lb ankle wt each leg
glute squeezes laying on ball
outer thigh lifts on ball 5lb ankle wt
laying inner thigh lifts 25 toe point, 25 toe flex, each leg

sprinted remaining 7 min, then c/d and stretch

The last two circiuts I was burning!!!!! lasted just over an hour

Hang in there Kim! We aren't going anywhere!
Hello to all the other ladies! Gotta shower, badly!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.