Shrinking Violets Check-in for Thursday, September 21

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! I am catching up on my check-ins again. I did the third segment of Stretch Max Monday night and slept like a baby.

After my Bible study Tuesday morning, I did the warm-up, kick and punch combinations, and stretch from Kick Max. I drank a hemp protein smoothie after work, packed my meals and snacks for Wednesday, ran some errands, and jogged in the pool at the club. A day of gentle workouts was refreshing.

My cycle started Tuesday morning. Monday’s weight included PMS bloat. Wow!

I enjoyed the second segment of Stretch Max Tuesday night, went to bed a little later than planned, and woke up with cramps. I did the Hardcore Extreme interval circuit workout for the first time yesterday morning. Cathe kicked my butt! This one combines IMAX3 with High Step Challenge. It is a lot harder than High Step Challenge without the fun factor. I need more sleep (and no cramps) before I attempt this again. The interval blast workout I did Monday morning is my favorite Hardcore Extreme workout so far. I am planning to make some adjustments to this week of workouts the next time I repeat this rotation.

After seeing such amazing results on the scale Monday morning, I started having doubts about my planned recovery week, but I have decided to stick with my game plan and enjoy an active recovery week next week. I want to avoid overtraining and protect my body from overuse injuries. I have a history of pushing myself to the point of exhaustion and depression. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I am breaking free from the cycle of pushing myself hard and making progress then crashing and burning and losing ground and starting over again. This is not about a 12-week challenge. I am in training for life! I have a good 16-week rotation planned with a recovery week once a month. I put a lot of thought and prayer into this after reviewing my journals and seeing where I got off track in the past. I refuse to be ruled by a number on the scale. It is tempting to keep going full steam ahead because the scale is giving up good numbers right now, but I desire to follow a balanced plan that will bless my body in the long run. I did some research on this subject yesterday. Cathe herself takes a recovery week every 4-5 weeks in addition to a rest day every week. I was wavering Tuesday night, but I am actually looking forward to this now. I love Better Burn Better Buns and Strength in Movement. I also love Kari Anderson’s DanceWorks. I have a low-impact Christian workout with beautiful praise and worship music. I also want to try Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines, and Curves for the first time. Of course, I will still enjoy Stretch Max and Core Max. I need my Cathe fix!

I met Rebecca at the club yesterday after work and jogged in the pool with her then watched The Biggest Loser last night. I like Kim, but I hope someone from Bob’s team wins this year! My meals and snacks are packed for today. I took care of that during commercial breaks.

I did the abs from High Step Challenge and the third segment of Stretch Max last night. Kick Max is waiting for me this morning, so I have a fun workout to enjoy!

Wendy, I hope you have beautiful weather for your run this time!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning Violets!

Heather, sounds like you are doing great. I hope you have a restful week next week. Have fun w/ Kickmax. I love the drills in that one. Reminds me of ballet class.

Which by the way, I am starting dance class again next week! I'm going to do jazz tho not ballet. I used to take 3 years ago where my cousins worked as teacher/demonstrators and now they took over the studio so I've decided to go back again. It is so much fun. As long as my leg holds out I will stick w/ it and hopefully perform in the show in June! I'm really looking forward to it as I know all the girls in the class, plus I get to spend time w/ my DC's which will be a welcome treat for a change! Everyone is so busy and even tho we live minutes from each other, it's so hard to GTG.

I'm thinking of Bodymax this morning.I need a well rounded workout. Taking the boys to school and going to get right on it.

Hello to Wendy, Meggy, Kim, SD, HC, Violet and anyone I missed!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in for Thursday, September ...

Hello to Heather and Kali and all who follow!

This morning I worked legs at the gym (which I HATE doing, btw) and then took a spin class. SPIN was fun but very tough! Why do I hate weight work at the gym do you ask? I have no clue but I just HATE using the machines! I am much happier at home with Cathe or Jari and my DB's. :) I only did it cause I was there early and had the time...I figured it would save me the time afterwards at home. It wasn't the best leg w/o I've had but it will suffice....

Hey Kali, The GTG is NEXT w/e! Do you freakin' believe it!? }(

heather- you continue to amaze me:)

kali- if i can squeeze in the time to meet that would be great. what fun! i am going to try so hard.

wendy- i will be in nj 11/3-11/6. of course we have family and friends dying to see the newest little one but i am really gonna try to see if me, you and hopefully kali can have a mini gtg!! i absolutely love working my legs at the gym because i can go so much heavier. i did legs yesterday afternoon and did 255 lbs on the leg press!!!!!

today was an unscheduled rest day. i had to force myself to get up this morning but i had a headache i just couldn't shake. so i just started laundrymax:-( .

have a great day ladies!

HI WENDY!! I KNOW I KNOW!!! :7:7:7:7:7:7 I cannot wait! So do you think you're going to stay? I'd hate to have to see you drive so far in one day. But we'll make do with the time we have!

In my head I feel working out w/ DB's is a better workout than machines. I guess if you did machines all the time and saw results, it'd be different, but I feel like you do.
And hey, at least your legs got worked! ;)

Well I did Bodymax. I didn't think the freaking thing was going to end tho!x( I feel good about it since I only walked yesterday. I have no idea what I'm planning for tomorow. Maybe a short cardio and Jari. I haven't done her in a week.

I have work tonight, my only day this week!:( I hope I get a few more hours next week.

Just baking some zucchini, boiling some eggs and eating raw veggies w/ South Beach ranch dressing. I'm not bothering cleaning this week since you guys are coming next week. Watch I'll have work M thru F and won't have time to clean anything!! :p LOL. I doubt that tho things are slow right now in the Beyond.

Have a good afternoon All!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

SunnyD-Wow you are on a tight schedule for your visit to NJ! I'll keep the dates open though just incase you have some time!:)
I hate working machines because they are a pain to adjust. As far as legs go, I won't go heavy anymore so the ability to do that just isn't a factor for me. I DEFINATELY joined the gym for it's cardio options!}( LOL

Kali-Not sure about the overnight yet but if I come with a bag packed then you'll know!;) If Sunny has time and we are going to GTG it would probably be best for you to come into NJ. Even if it's a short GTG with Sunny, you and I can hang out longer to make it worth the trip for you.

I did KPC (except last segment), BC cardio, BC core, and chest work.

I am SOOOOO jealous and bummed that I can't go to your GTG Kali. I really need a get away, alone! Oh well, sometime soon I hope. Atleast I will be with my family that day, and I like that. I am in a rotten mood so I really got into KPC and the punches. Hope I didn't injure myself LOL! Still in a crappy mood though, oh well.

Heather- enjoy your recovery week. You so deserve it after all your hard work. I am sure your body will thank you.

SD- I sure hope you shake the headache and feel better soon.

Hello Kim, Jean, and Violet, and HD where ever you are!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Hey ladies,

This morning I did w/u up to combos of Kickmax,LG floorwork,and toe raises and floorwork of PS legs. I am intending on getting on that treadmill in a few minutes and hopefully get a run in! I haven't had the energy for cardio in the last two mornings! I wonder why all of a sudden I lost that energy? So I did weights in place and trying to do the cardio in afternoon. I am praying I can do it tomorrow morning!

I haven't read everyone's post but I will be back after TM.

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.