Shrinking Violets Check-in for Saturday October 7, 2006

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! Is everyone still sleeping? I had another sleepless night. I took a nap after work then could not get back to sleep. When it starts getting dark early this time every year, it throws my body for a loop. I am not sure how to deal with this. I historically do not get over it until a week or so after the time changes, and that is still a few weeks away.

I was feeling blue and lethargic this morning and needed a good laugh. I decided to try Cathe’s Fit and Firm for the first time. I got this video from a Ya Ya earlier this year. It definitely has some entertainment value with the fake beach set, the lace bike shorts, and the endless whooping. :7 Not to mention, Cathe has big hair in this one (even by Texas standards)! ;-) Her hair is bigger than she is! If I could get over all that, this really is a good workout. There are some interesting moves in here that have a functional fitness feel. Cathe also includes compound weight work and balance challenges. It reminds me of the FIRM Classics with intervals of cardio added to the mix and the traditional floor leg exercises at the end. It is definitely not as intense as her newer workouts, but it is good for days like this. It was fun to see Cathe’s sister and a younger Cedie. :)

I still need to do some cardio. I will likely go to the club and jog in the pool with Rebecca. Have a fun weekend! :)

By the way, yesterday was my rest day. The workout I reported was for Thursday morning. I laughed when y'all wrote what a great workout I had yesterday because it consisted of sitting on my butt in front of my computer reading the forums. :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hey Heather and other violets,

It is so dreary and rainy here today! Makes me very lazy with all the cleaning I have to do today! So this week has been very busy for me so therefore I didn't workout for three days and that can be very discouraging! I was only on week 1 of Oct. rotation and already I don't want to do it! It doesn't have enough cardio for me and adding on something else a day just isn't possible with my busy days! I need to have just one hour a day to workout, so I'm figuring on doing some circuits during the week. Maybe there will be a rotation I can do soon!

Heather-I bet exercising in the pool is so refreshing and fun! I am going next weekend to a overnight stay to the beach with a indoor pool where we're staying. I plan on getting enough exercise in that pool then!:)

Kali-I'm sorry I finked out on the rotation! It just wasn't going to suit my time frame. I hope everything is going well with you!:)

So today ladies I will be doing HSTA! Umm! I think I will need help after this one!

Hello to all of the violets!!

kim

good morning ladies,

today is my rest day. woohooo!!

heather- i've never heard of that workout by cathe. how did you like it?

kim-hsta, get ready for a butt kickin'}( .

hello to all of the violets today.

have a great saturday ladies.

LATE check in for me!

Just wanted to say that I did 30 mins on the elliptical plus some mean Jari upper body today! I did RttC but only did the upper body movements and added in reps where she was doing the lower body only portion of the exercise!!! }( }( }(

I'm running my 5 mile race in the morning! Send me good vibes ladies!:)

Night chicas!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.