Shrinking Violets Check-in for Monday, November 13

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! I hope you had a great weekend. I experienced Low Impact Circuit for the first time Saturday morning. Fun, fun, fun! The choreography is sweet and simple, but Cathe includes fun moves like shuffles and ponies to increase the fun factor. The first combination is my favorite. The barbell curls with the band wrapped around the barbell are super tough. Leave it to Cathe to find a way to make those even more challenging. She also finds more ways to do push-ups than anyone I know. The straddle push-ups and uneven push-ups are very effective. I made an interesting discovery during the positive and negative push-ups. I am able to start at the bottom of the move (on my toes) and push all the way up with ease, but I struggle and collapse when I reverse this and start at the top of the move (on my toes). Does anyone know why pushing up is easier than going down?

I love the band work in Low Impact Circuit as well as the functional fitness feel and compound moves. Cathe wraps up this fun workout with challenging ab and core work. My abs were shaking during the banana move. I would rate this as a solid intermediate workout, but it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. It left me feeling worked out, not wiped out. I was drenched in sweat when I finished, and it was chilly in my living room when I started. I love all the workouts in this new series. These workouts masterfully blend the best of Cathe with a touch of the FIRM and the TLTs. It is like having all my favorite workouts together. The only thing I will likely miss eventually is more complex choreography, but the change of pace is delightful and refreshing. I will need to discipline myself when it is time to return to traditional weight training workouts because I am so in love with these new workouts and cannot imagine training any other way.

I did Butts and Guts for the second time yesterday morning. It was actually more challenging than the first time. I love the workout overall, but I am still not a fan of floor work. I actually like the inner and outer thigh work in this one, but I hate anything done in table position because being in that position is very uncomfortable for me. It dawned on me last night that I can modify by using my high step to support the weight of my upper body so I can relax and focus on executing the moves with good form. I experimented with several modifications last night and discovered that I actually like floor work if I use my stability ball for support! This may redeem floor work for me! I may also split this workout and do the floor work on a different day or venture into the premixes.

This is a gentle cardio day for me. I am planning to jog on my rebounder and preview one of the premixes.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hi Heather and all Violets who follow!

Heather: I loved LIC too. Great work out! Have fun doing your rebounder jog! Which premix will you be previewing??

Well, it's a TM run on tap for me today. I woke up with a pain in my upper hip/butt though so if it doesn't go away I'll have to take a rest day. I can't even work u/b today as I did it y'day w/Jari's new vid. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls!

Have a great day!:)

Heather- it is nice to hear you enjoying these WO's so much! Enjoy your *easy day*

Wendy- maybe your body is reacing to some different moves from the new WO? I hope the pain goes away. I had major pain in my hips the first time I ran outside. Sucks. Hmmm, now I have to check out that new vid too! Which one is it?

I wound up with a rest day yesterday. Just to much life stuff, but it was all good. I painted my finger and toe nails last night instead.

Not sure what today. I need to wake up first!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Wendy, I am planning to preview the leg blast premix on the Butts and Guts DVD. I fast forwarded through it last night and want to see if it looks just as tough when I actually watch it! I saw lots of firewalkers, leg presses, and walking lunges last night. I think this one may be Cathe’s toughest lower body workout of all time! I need to stop writing and start moving! I am praying for you. I hope your hip feels better. Did you hurt it running?

Maeghan, have a great workout today!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Heather: Ooooh, sounds like a pretty scarey premix there! Let us know!}( I don't think I've hurt my hip running but who knows. I had this pain once before in my pre-running days. I have no idea how it happened then either! LOL I just hope it goes away faster! I had trouble for a week or 2 that time. :-(

Good mornin' ladies,

my, my, my so early and already very chatty:) , nice!

today's workout was a spin class and believe me it was extra hard today, my legs are still yellin' at me from yesterday's run and ds#2 decided to wake up at 1am and not go back to sleep until a little after 3x( . i know once i get off work today i won't be any good.

heather- so glad to see you are enjoying all of your new workouts. i haven't even had time to preview.

wendy- my new jari is on the way! i can't wait. so many workouts so little time, sigh. looks like we will all have enough to keep us busy this winter.

meg- wake uppppppppp, lol so whatcha' doin' today?

talk to you ladies later...

So, I finally woke up.

I tried (for something different, and curiousity) Jillian Micheals (biggest loser) cardio kickbox WO. It is 25 min and I actually got a good sweat going. I liked all the moves. Not a bad one for something quick and different.
Then I did Jari's RTTC, ommitting 2 segments since I was focusing more on UB. Good burn!
Thanks for putting the Jari bug in my ear Wendy.

SD- isn't that the worst when they STAY awake?? Connor did that the other night. That is tough.

Wendy- how is the hip?

Heather- I just wanted to say I really enjoy reading all your posts. You always make me smile, even in my worst moods!:+

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Guys! What's up?

Heather- I found the same thing when doing the uneven pushups myself. Hope you had a good day. Let us know if you do that premix.

SD- how ya feeling? You're legs still yellin' at ya? }( Mine surely are!

Meg- Glad you found a quick workout. It's always nice to have a few of those when we're crunched for time.

Wendy- how's your hip? My legs weren't "TOO" bad today after B&G's. I had a hard time bending at work. I feel it mainly in my quads, hams and butt. My sides are sore too. Oh well it's all good.

I did LIC premix 3 tonight which is the cardio and UB segments. Man those uneven pushups are TOUGH!

I don't know about Drill Max tomorrow tho. I have 30 min. of BM2 cardio and the bonus abs from B&G's. I think that may be all I can handle if my legs are still sore. I'm still feeling DM from SATURDAY I have no choice tho on Wed. cause it's on the rotation and I am sticking to it even if it kills me!

Going to relax and go to bed early. Working tomorrow night so I'll be talk to you guys tomorrow in the A.M.!

Hello Kim and Jean wherever you are!

kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

kali- yep my legs are angry}( . what do you mean wed for DM, i thought the violets were doing it tomorrow...if i am able to walk that is, lol

Hey now Kali and Sunny! How can you both already be backin' out on me for the DM deal!? :p I am afraid if you don't do it, I'll wimp out too! :eek: Ya gotta be there for me...PLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEE ladies, please!!!!}(

Alright alright. Dammit I'll do it tomorrow. Wednesday will end up being an unscheduled rest day tho.

Wendy you're responsible for whatever happens to me. I am SORE NOW!
I just told DH, I never felt DOMS so deep in my thighs before!

Heaven help us, but we'll do it.

Are you in SD?

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

of course i am in! i will start in 10 mins...hold on to your hats ladies and get your game face on, hahaha

TY TY TY!!!!

Kali, If you really hurt it's probably not a good idea but thanks for being willing. I was only being a brat! :p I really DO need the motivation but not if you can hardly walk! LOL

Sunny, Thanks for joining! Let me know how you faired since I won't be going for it until after work this afternoon!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.