Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 8-14, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good evening, Violets! It is time for a new check-in thread. This is another late check-in for me. I have been staying up too late at night and waking up just in time for my Bible study and workout. I did my beloved Rhythmic Step after my quiet time this morning. I am back on track with my Bible study and workouts. My rotation is balanced. I am enjoying a weekly rest day. My eating is intuitively clean. I am taking a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement every morning. I need to drink more water and get more sleep every night. That should restore my energy. It is time to start wrapping up this day so I can bless my body with extra sleep tonight.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good Morning Violets.

Heather: Glad to hear things are going so well for you. Keep up the good work!:)

Well, I really do not have any DOMS from y'day's work out. I am disappointed, I must admit. :-( I guess I'll have to push harder next time!}(

Today calls for Plyo X but I am seriously considering subbing in a spin class at the gym. We'll see what happens...

I have to work so I won't be around forever this morning. I'll check back later though!:)

Heather did you sleep any better last night? I went to bed before 10 and feel so much better this morning. I wanted to get up early w/ DH at 6:30 to workout, but fell back to sleep. So I'll be doing BM2 around noon after some errands and a vet appt. for our new puppy.

BTW I forgot to tell you guys we got a miniature daschund. I'll put some pics on my trail so you can see her. At first I was regretting getting her, but I'm doing better now. We're kennel training her and she's doing good w/ it, but when we let her out to play on the floor, she's still going. I know it takes time.

Wendy, no DOMS?? Meg's right they'll probably set in later. Did you go heavy enough? I'm going to start pushing myself to go a little heavier where I can.

Meg, hope you're perking up. What workout are you doing?

I'm going to go load some new pics on my trail. Let you know when they're done!

((((HUGS)))) Violets.
Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Meg, Take a nap and then get to that work out girl! Let us know what you decided to do. :)

Kali, "Hotdogs" are cute. A couple of people in Sal's family have them and they are sweet dogs. As far as going heavy, most of the exercises in Chest and Back are push ups and pull ups so there is no weight to be concerned with. For the couple of exercises that use weights (some of the back work) I went with 20# DB's which is the heaviest I have right now. I could have gone heavier if I had the weights but instead I did more reps.

Well, I'm just waiting to jump into Plyo X! I started feeling guilty for considering whimping out of it so I'm gonna go for it! }( I will probably take a class on Kenpo X day instead. :)

Hi everyone. Sorry I missed everyone yesterday. It was just one of those non stop days. I didn't even get on the computer when I got home and that is unusal for me. I did get my workout in first thing yesterday and today. Yesterday was BM2 cardio and abs only and today was GS BBS.

I'll have to catch up with everyone tonight. I did see that Kali got a puppy. Congrats.

Jean

Hey Jean. Nice to see you here today! Good job on the work outs! That's what counts! You may only be able to check in once a week but as long as you have work outs to report to us, it's all good! If not, THAT'S when we get mad!}( }( }( LOL

Well, Plyo is DONE! YES! It was tough but not as bad as it was the last/only time I did it previously. I could very well have been having an "off" day that day. It happens. I know I tried Cardio x right after being sick and thought it was pretty brutal. If I do it now it probably won't be nearly as bad.

Tomorrow is Shoulders and Arms...I am looking forward to it!:)

I'll be back later!:+

Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but no WO for me today. I just feel plain exhausted. I sat in front of all my DVDs for 15 min and NOTHING looked good. Guess that is a sign. My hands have been hurting all day and I have had cramps!?! Feeling really drained. Better listen to my body.

Goodnight ladies! I am tired, off to the couch with me!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Aww poor Meg. Hope you feel rested tomorrow! Have a good night!

Hey Jean! Great job. Thanks. I didn't get all the pictures on yet but I will tomorrow.

Wendy great job with PlyoX! Yes my puppy is a cutie!!! Can't wait for you guys to see her!

Well BM2 KICKED MY BUTT today! Whoa it's been awhile since I did it and man I could tell!

Tomorrow is LL so I'm going to do B&G's of course since this is the Butts and Guts rotation! LOL!

Have a good night ladies. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hi to any missing Violets!

Kali

Hi, I'm, back.

Maeghan, good for you for listening to your body. Some days, it just needs a rest.

Heather, glad to hear your back on track. I need to get my eating back on track. The exercise is starting to fall into place, but I'm still working on the eating.

Wendy, I'll make sure if I miss a few days that I have something to report when I drop back in. I don't want anyone mad at me.

Kali, can't wait to see the puppy pictures. What did you name her? I want a second dog so bad since our older dog passed away. But Dh says no. He doesn't like the idea of spending money on 2 sets of food, shots, boarding etc. But I think our younger dog needs a playmate.

Hello to Kim, Sunnydelite, Runslikeagirl and anyone else stopping by.

Jean

Hey girls,

Thought I would drop in a say hi to you girls! I haven't exercised in a few days with a terrible headache that finally went away! But I am feeling better so I will get a exercise in tomorrow.

Hope you violets are having a wonderful night!

Missed talking to you girls today!

kim

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good evening! I had a great day today. I slept like a baby last night, but I still had a hard time getting up this morning. I am definitely not a winter girl. Getting up on a cold morning is not easy for me. Spring will be here soon! I am looking forward to enjoying brighter and warmer days.

I did Supersets after my Bible study this morning. I sang along with the music and had a blast. This is my favorite total body weight training workout by far. The one-legged squats and concentration curls are very challenging, but everything else is pure fun.

I went to Office Max after work and bought a file cabinet. I currently have a piling system instead of a filing system! I may actually get organized this year by the grace of God. I believe with all my heart that 2007 will be the year of my deliverance and freedom from bondage to obesity, clutter, debt, and every chain that binds me. Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance!

Kali, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your new puppy! Yes, I slept much better last night. My rowdy neighbors have finally settled down so I can sleep through the night!

Wendy, are you still running with your new rotation?

Maeghan, I hope you feel better tomorrow. It is always good to listen to your body and rest when needed.

Jean, getting my eating back on track after the holidays is easier for me with a more intuitive approach. Good job getting back on track with your workouts.

Kim, I hope you get some rest tonight and enjoy a good workout tomorrow.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning violets,

had no time to post or catch the posts from yesterday . i also didn't have time to squeeze in a workout yesterday.

today's workout is CC#6. then it's off to the gym to train a client, go to my full time job, and back to the gym to train 3 more clients. i have not yet been able to secure a pt job. hopefully something good will come along in the very near future.

have a great day ladies. hopefully i will be able to catch up with every one soon :)

So SD- you are officially a trainer now!! How exciting! Good fo ryou!

Heather- I am praying right along with you that this year will break me free from what is holding me back, financially, emotionally, and physically. Oh, and clutter too!;) Hopefully we both with prosper this year together.

No idea what WO today. Surprised huh!:p Have a good mornign everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Happy Wednesday Violets!

Heather and Meg, I'm right there with you in prayer also. I have finally realized that I cannot do anything on my own. "Again" I should say. ;)

Jean, maybe in a few months your DH will feel differently.

Kim, hope you're headache stays away. That rots.

SD- hope you land a job soon. Great job on becoming an official trainer tho! Woo Hoo!

Alright Meg. What workout are you doing? We're holding you to it today. :p

I did L&G's today instead of LL. I just wasn't up for work on the stability ball. I have L&G's next week so I'll do B&G's then. L&G's felt great. And I could feel my legs walking around the store after I dropped the boys off. :D I'm off to make an egg white,egg beater omelet and some ww toast. I'm pretty hungry. Did great w/ my eating yesterday. Plan to again today.

BBL. I just have a few more pics to download and you guys can see the pup.

Kali

Hello all.

I need to jump on the "Get Organized" Band Wagon for 2007 too.

As for exercise this morning, It was an outdoor jog/walk for 45 min. I'm trying to increase my pace for jogging so what I started doing yesterday was jogging 1 mile and timing it. If it's a cardio day and I want to do more than 1 mile I will. Not going to worry about my pace after the first mile, just going to make sure heart rate is up. If it's a weight day, I will just do the 1 mile as a warm up. I'm planning on keeping track of my times and see if I can see some improvement. The treadmill comparison will be easy, but the outdoor one will be a little harder since I like to take different paths and some have hills and some don't. I'm hoping that by writing this down and making a committment, I will stick with it long enough to see if it's working. What I'm hoping for is to be able to work up to a 10 min mile. Once I get there, then I can start to work on being able to sustain that pace after the first mile. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week.

Jean

Good Afternoon!

Heather, Yes, I am planning to run once per week while doing the X. I will have 3 cardio days (I am adding an extra-the rotation only calls for 2). I will do an X cardio one day, run one day and then do one of the classes at my gym that I have to do to maintain a free membership. I actually am off to a step class tonight-thank goodness I didn't work my legs today!;)

Meg, Pick your poison and get busy girl!}(

Kali, Nice job on the legs! When you can feel it just by walking around you KNOW you've done the job right! Can't wait to see the pics!:) Keep eating right!

Jean, If you want to get to a 10 min mile pace then you will! I never thought it was possible but that is basically where I am at now. It took some time but the speed seemed to come naturally. I really didn't have to force it. As my body got used to running it naturally increased it's comfortable pace and I really never even thought much about it! Good luck!:)

Shoulders and Arms is done! AWESOME WORK OUT! I subbed in BM2's ab work for ARX though. Wasn't in the mood for that one. If I do it once a week and sub in a Cathe the other 2 times I'll be happy. BM2 abs are tough IMO though so I don't feel any guilt at all for making the change!:)

Tomorrow is 90 minutes of yoga! HELP ME!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did BM2 cardio AND circuits, then went right into the B&G leg blast premix. I will admit to skipping the two Leg Press segments. Wasn't in the mood for them. (I think that is alright since I did the leg work in BM2 ) I then did the B&G stretch. I really have no idea how I made it thru that, 1hr 40min. I was still trying to talk myself out of working out till I got to the circuits. My legs are SO beat.

Wendy- I think that qualifies as poison huh? Nice WO. Glad you are keeping up your running. You know, everytime I do the leg blast, I think of you and your taunting me to do it a while back....and then I curse you!:p

Jean- I think that is a great goal. I was actually thinking of paying attention to my speed and try to gradually increase too. I know i am already much better then when I started too. Good luck with it!

kali- hey girly! Good WO too! Isn't such a great feeling when the toastiness of your WO hangs around in the legs?!! I went to the store to get more clean food for me too. Been eating pretty bad stuff lately. I think it may be a little PMS too. Youknow, when you feel like a bottomless pit?!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

All right, Maeghan's workout time in her post, got me thinking of asking each of you this. How long do you work out per day? I know some days, things happen and you don't get in what you had planned, but is there a set time that you try to meet each time you work out?

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.