Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 22-28, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
My refrigerator is full of fresh fruit and veggies. I spent $84.00 on groceries for this week! I am tired of taking drugs. I took a full bottle of Tussin DM then switched to Mucinex DM and took the last one. I am not wasting more money on drugs. I bought more Emer’gen-C and plenty of produce. If that does not make me feel better, nothing will.

My eating is already clean, but I am taking it to the next level. I have been asking myself what one thing if practiced consistently for the next year would produce the greatest transformation in my body. My one thing in the area of eating is blessing my body with 8-10 fruits and veggies a day. That is my clean eating goal for 2007.

My thighs have gotten doughy since I stopped doing the Butts and Guts leg blast premix. Leaner Legs to the rescue! The first 4 weeks of my rotation will focus on workouts from the CTX Series, Intensity Series, and Body Blast Series. The last 4 weeks of my rotation will focus on workouts from the Hardcore Series and the new series. My general game plan involves cardio plus lower body every Monday morning, cardio plus upper body every Tuesday morning, step cardio every Wednesday morning, circuit training every Thursday morning, stretching every Friday morning, and kickboxing plus abs and core every Saturday morning with a rest day every Sunday. I may go to the club and jog in the pool too. I also want to start rebounding again.

My meals and snacks for Monday are packed. My rotation is planned. I am ready to kick some butt!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

I wound up resting again yesterday. Had a wicked sore throat too. I am planning my walk with my friend this morning, then hopefully doing my 70 min of cardio. I might tack on abs to, but I am time crunched. Connor has a doc appt at 1 and I have Firedrill tonight. Hoping I can do a late afternoon WO.

Heather- sounds like a good game plan for your rotation. Have a good one!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning Heather and all who follow!

Heather, WOW! You must have bought ALOT in the produce section!!! You spent $84.00 for one person and I normally spend $100.00 my family of 3!:eek: :7 Do you shop once a week?

Well, it's the start of week 3 today it's chest and back and ARX. I was posting over in the daily check in and read something about MIC. Now I want to do the work out...I must have a deathwish! :p So depending on if I STILL want to do it tmrw, I may sub that in for PlyoX instead of the short TM run I had planned after work. We'll see. Goodness knows MIC is intense enough to make a good sub for PlyoX work! LOL

Next week is my first recovery week in the X program. I have never truly taken any kind of recovery week. I am actually looking forward to it. I don't think I'll be able to handle 2 90 min sessions of yoga in one week but I recently ordered a Baron Baptiste yoga dvd so I may sub that in for one of the yoga x's if I get it in time. If not, I'll just shorten Yoga X. :p

I am not working today but I have to take DS to get bloodwork done this morning. I was supposed to do it last week but put it off because it's going to be horrible. I am NOT looking forward to it AT ALL! x( ;( x(

Have a great Monday...if that's even possible! LOL

Hey Meg,

We were posting at the same time. Sorry you didn't feel well last night. I hope you can get everything in today. Sounds like you are going to be a busy bee!

Thanks Wendy. Good luck with that bloodwork. I know all about that! I avtually put off Chase's lead test for about a year! We went to have it done at one place and they did such a horrible job they never got any blood. SO enough of that! Now his pre-k wants another lead test since his last one was over a year ago. They can wait!! LOL!!
Have a good day.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hey Heather,Maeghan,and Wendy,

How are you girls doing? Sorry I haven't been around,but life has been awefull crowded here lately! I seem to exercise good for three or four days and then life gets hectic and I can't bring it back! Try,try again they say!

I did intermediate cardio drills from KPC and then punch drills from cardio kicks,then stretch from KPC. I plan on doing some abs and leg floor work later today. My legs are so very weak from not doing a darn thing!

I will see you ladies later on, after I get some of this housecleaning done! My day off and I have to stinkin' clean!

Hello to all you other violets!

kim

Well, the bloodwork is done. It was quick, in and out with no waiting which is great. They only took 1 vile so although Joey was a lunatic, it didn't last long! :) When we got home he got a handful of animal cracker cookies for a snack as a treat for putting up with the bad needle lady! LOL I usually only give him "sweets" after he eats some kind of "real" food but I figured it was okay this time. He deserved it...the poor kid! He still ate lunch like a champ before going down for his nap!:+

I just finished my lunch and am gearing up for my work out. I think I am going to slow down on my push ups. Tony said speed is your friend during them but not for me. I can't get down far enough if I go quickly. He also says form is everything so I'm going with that and will leave the speed and rep count behind for good, quality reps. I am still playing with the stands. They feel good on my wrists but make the exercise much harder to do IMO. I will alternate use of them today and see what happens.

Hi Kim! Glad to see you! Hurry up and clean the house so that you can get a work out in girl!}(

I'll be back later!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

So I opted out of using the push up stands today like I said I would. I slowed down my rep speed for pull ups and push ups and concentrated on form. My rep count went down in several exercises but the intensity went up and OMG did I bring it! I'm happy!

I chose to sub in Boot Camp Core instead of ARX today. WOW, was that a tough ab routine to do following C&B! I was seeing stars during the planks! YIKES! LOL Hurts so good though, right? }(

Well, it's time to hit the showers!

TTYL!
:)

OK, so I got a wo in. Although I think it sucked major ass, (since we are on an ass kick today). I started out doing this Step/hi/lo WO I got from a friend today. I was getting into the step alright, jumping a little here and there for more intensity, then 20 min in I twisted my ankle, bad. But I rested for a sec and went back to it. I couldn't get into it again, then tried the hi'lo, but had to stop. GOt to watch it first next time for the moves. So I threw in KPC and did the first half. Then the abs. I think I made it almost an hour. Just couldn't get back into it much after my ankle. Made me smokin mad! So I will rest my ankle now. Maybe I can do some pilates tongiht or something. Argh.....

Good job WEndy!! Glad you had a good time!

Need to go shower now and soak my crappy WO away.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Awwww Meg! (((((((hugs)))))))) Forget about it! It's not worth getting aggravated over! Do yoga or pilates tonight and start fresh with a different kick butt work out in the morning!:) I hope your ankle is not seriously hurt though! :eek:

I have to start dinner soon. I'm making meatloaf. Haven't had that in a while and it's one of my faves...clean or not, I don't care! LOL I try to make it w/less fat by using only egg whites, blah blah blah but I use regulation bread crumbs so take this :p clean eating! :7 :7 :7

Hi everyone. This morning was Drill Max. It was the first time I had tried the replacements DVD and it skipped on me and I thought, "Great the replacements have problems too." I rewound it and it skip a segment. I was trying not to panic. So I replayed it and it was fine. Must have just been a dust particle or something. I was relieved.

Heather, great job on the menu and food planning.

Maeghan, hope your ankle is OK.

Kim, I can relate. I hate it when life gets in the way of what you want to do. Just keep squeezing the workouts in where you can.

Wendy, hope the blood work come back fine. Sorry your little guy had to go through that.

Hi Kali & Sunnydelite

Jean

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good evening, Violets! I did Step and Intervals after a short quiet time this morning followed by Leaner Legs. Step and Intervals is a party in a box. I love the CTX Series. Step and Intervals has fun choreography at a fast pace and great music. Cathe packs a lot of action into a short workout. This workout has the fun factor of Step Works, Rhythmic Step, and IMAX2. It is not as intense as Cathe’s other interval workouts, but it is perfect for days like this. I danced around my step and felt so light on my feet! I made it through this express cardio workout with just a hint of a cough, but I got a little too hot during Leaner Legs. Mercy! Leaner Legs is one tough workout. My legs were shaking the whole time. After 3 weeks of doing Cathe’s intermediate workouts, this one was even more challenging than I remember. Without a doubt, this is the most intense lower body workout I have ever experienced. I am expecting to be super sore tomorrow.

My eating was great today. I had consistent energy throughout the day. Rebecca and I went to the club tonight and jogged in the pool. The warm water was soothing, and it felt so good to stretch my legs in the pool.

I have some really good news. My scale is still packed in a box, but I stepped on the scale at the club tonight (which is always consistent with my home scale). It is my goal for 2007 to average 2 pounds a week. My eating has not been as clean as it could be this month, I was not as active in general last week because I did not feel well, and my workouts have not been as intense. Thanks to the inspiration provided by my Cathe calendar, I have been faithfully sticking with my rotation while listening to my body and modifying my workouts as needed. Running with perseverance is working for me! I was delighted to discover that I have shed 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I am indeed lighter on my feet. It is not my imagination! I am an inch smaller in my chest, waist, abdomen, and hips. My thighs are stubbornly refusing to budge, but that is all about to change! With Leaner Legs and my beloved Butts and Guts leg blast premix in my rotation for 8 weeks, these thighs are going down!

My meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am ready to enjoy a warm bubble bath, preview Step Blast, and bless my body with a restful night of sleep.

Thanks for the all the support and encouragement!

Wendy, I go to the grocery store at least once a week! I buy a lot of organic food. It is expensive, but it is worth it for me with my food allergies. I am very sensitive to MSG, chemicals, and other junk. I do not spend $84.00 every week. I average $40.00 to $70.00 a week. ;-)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Morning Violets. :D

Heather: I can be cheap when I go to the foodstore. LOL I go in and out of coupon phases as my patience for that wears thin quickly but always shop sales and will NOT buy things if I think they are too much money. I have somehow perfected spending that $100 every week. I am usually w/in $5 of it either way and it's not like I keep a running total in my head as I shop! I also don't buy everything the same every week. Wierd. LOL

Well it's cardio for me today...most likely a 3 mile run at the gym after work. I am feeling the DOMS creeping into my back and arms from y'day's work out. }(

I ate badly last night....after my unclean meatloaf I proceeded to eat some popcorn(unhealthy style)and a piece of Louisianna crunch cake that's left over from dinner on saturday!:eek: I don't feel too badly about it as I rarely do that but I still didn't need it. ACK!x(

Off to see what else is going on around here...Later!:+

Well, I made it up this morning and did Cardio and Abs from LIC. I thought I had done all the new workouts, but I don't remember this one at all, so I took my time learning the steps. Some how managed to do something to my knee though. Hopefully it is minor. It only hurts when I twist it a certain way.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

So, my ankle really hurts. Real nice. I am going to keep icing it today. I will try to do UB today. Maybe BM2 UB since alot of the moves are done on teh ball. I will play it by ear. Going to call my friend and tell her no walking today. Kinda of irritated that when I got there yesterday, she didn't feel like walking, and it was perfect weather. I wouldn't have felt so bad about my WO yesterday if we had walked. Oh well. Going to cancel my lovely *yearly* doc appt today too. Just lovely.

Heather- I am so proud of you! 10 pounds!!! Great job. Keep it up.

Jean- hope your knee is fine. SOunds like a good WO though.

Wendy- enjoy that run. Glad Joey and YOU survived the bloodwork yesterday. Thanks for making me feel better about my WO too.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi Guys! Sorry I missed you all yesterday.

Heather, good job!

Meg, I hope your ankle feels better fast. Keep icing it. Oh and make sure you reschedule that "yearly" appointment. I know how that goes.

Hi Kim! Glad you're back!

Wendy, have a good run.

Jean, hope your knee is ok. LIC is fun isn't it? I ALWAYS hurt my back tho doing the last 2 blasts where she touches the step. So I do more of a "charleston" step rather then bending down so far. It's not worth not being able to workout the next day cause of my lower back.

Well the interview went GREAT. They were really nice ladies. I should hear today or tomorrow the latest they said. So keep your fingers crossed. I'll tell you guys about it once I know. I hate to go on about it if it's not gonna happen.

I didn't workout yesterday. But I have SJP in the DVD player right now so I'm off. I'm back on the clean eating train too whoever wants to join me. I started plugging my cals and stuff into FitDay again too. That helps me stay on track a little more than if I'm guessing.

Be back later taters!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kali-=YAY!! I am rooting for you! Hey, I am on the wagon with you. Especially if no cardio for a while for me. BOOHOOO!!!! So, I will be watching my food intake too. We will support eachother. I don't count cals though, cuz I go nutty about it. But, clean clean clean.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Thanks Meg! I'm glad you'll be joining me.
I don't go super crazy w/ counting calories. My eating has been so up and down since last Christmas I need a guideline till I get back on track and know what I'm consuming.

I plan on keeping it clean and no carbs after 6pm and nothing to eat 3 hours before bed except sliced turkey or a hard boiled egg white. (This has worked for me in the past with amazing results). I'm NOT going back to eating nothing but chicken, salad, tuna, egg whites and ww pasta and rice tho. I know if I watch my portions and keep away from processed stuff I can do it.
I think if you watch yourself closely and just stay away from the crap you'll be fine even without cardio. I'm with you as are all the Violets.

I just got done w/ the Step/Weights premix of SJP. I added on the 4th hi/lo and abs. I went a little heavier than I do w/ my weights and really felt it. Especially getting back up on the step after doing weights. Felt good tho. Off to eat something and get cleaned up and run some errands. Be back later!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

WO done and it is hard to type, so guess I did a good job. i did BM2 Double UB premix 72 min, and then did MTV Pilates ab segment. WO was like 1hr20min. I did everything on the ball, and the pushups on my knees and just stood on one foot for the kickbacks. Not really easy. I also had to modify the side planks and snow angels. Pretty funny, but I did it. Now I am going to shower and then ice and elevate again.

Nice WO Kali. Thanks for the motivation and encouragement!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Jean: Good job today! LIC is a great work out!

Meg: AWESOME..Double Upper body! I bow down to you. I found that one EXTREMELY tough! You go with your bad self girlfriend!;) :+

Kali: Back to business I see? Good for you. Great work out today. I hope your eating was on track as well! :) Any confirmation dates on DH so we can plan our GTG? What will we do with out the cook/host around!? ;)

Well, DH is at a meeting for work and DS is up for the night. I am supposed to be stretching right now but ofcourse I don't feel like it. I'm going to have to force myself to atleast stretch a little bit. I need it. The X doesn't do alot of post work out stretching and I am used to that with Cathe. I guess that's why they include Stretch X so that we can do it ourselves but I'm not very disciplined in that area! He should have it written into the rotation! LOL

Okay, I'm off like a dirty shirt...EWWWW! LOL

Later chickies!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.