Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 15-21, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! It is time for a new check-in for this week. I am iced in this morning. I had a restful weekend and enjoyed my rest day yesterday by curling up under my favorite quilt because it was too cold to venture out. I slept late this morning and watched a video session from my Bible study. I am ready to enjoy my beloved Rhythmic Step. Hopefully, Cathe will keep me warm this morning! Texas homes are definitely not built for this cold weather. I hope it warms up soon.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good morning all. I sort of slept in today. Plan was to get up at 4, exercise and then get to work early. Unfortuantely Ice storms came through last night and knocked out the power. Then I was afraid I wouldn't wake up on time to check the weather, so I just kept waking up and checking the time on my cell phone. I woke up like every hour. Luckily power came back on, but the roads did ice over. So much for going to work early. I'm going to head to work in a little bit and stay late. Hopefully the ice will be drying up by then. I did get up and exercise. I did Rhythmic Step.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Jean

Hey violets,

I slept in to 9:30 this morning and finally feel rested! I have felt very tired the last couple of weeks! I have put myself on a ab focus day. I will do Billy Blank's ab workout with cardio and ab work, and also B&G abs.

Heather and Jean, stay warm and safe with the ice storm!

Hello to all the other violets!

kim

Good Afternoon to all!

I had to bring DS to the doc for his flu shot this morning and then it was straight to the grocery store. He is finally down for his nap and I've eaten lunch.

I'm going to get to Chest and Back and ARX or a Cathe abs sub very soon so I'll be back after I'm done!

Toodles!:)

Hey guys. Well, what a sh*tty day. First we have been out of power all day till 7:15pm. And I woke up and could not walk. I have done something (I have no idea what) to my hip area. I don't think it is the joint, but something else. I couldn't stand up straight. It hurt so bad. I had to take two Darvacet just to be able to function. And that has about worn off and it is still hurting badly. I thought at first that maybe it was like my insides, ovary or something. I hope not. I hope it is just like a muscle or something. So needless to say, no WO today. I was going to do UB, but standing hurts too.
Just what I needed.

WEll, you guys all did good. I am going to head to the couch now. SOrry to be so self absorbed, just pretty bummed and not feeling well.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

good mornin' ladies,

yesterday i didn't get a chance to workout at all and hopefully today (if no clients this evening) i will take a turbokick class at the gym!

meg- i am so sorry to hear about your hip, i hope you feel better today.

hello to all my violet friends:)

Meg, Sorry for the painful hip. Any better today?

Sunny, Hope you get your work out in today!!!

I have plyo on tap for today but will likely sub in a run after work instead. I am really craving one...it's been too long!:-(

The DOMS from y'day's work out has not kicked in as of yet but I have faith that it will rear it's ugly head soon enough!}( }( }(

I am off to MIL's for dinner tonight with DS. DH is still workin' 12+ shifts at work so he won't be joining us today. I hope she's makin' something yummy!:9

Gotta go get ready for work now!

Toodles!:)

Thanks guys. SO far so good. No pain. I am really confused, but won't complain. It was still throbbing when I went to bed. Oh well. I am planning on meeting a friend for a walk today. We will have about 5 kids between us to push and pull! Should be an adventure. She really wants to lose a couple pounds she still has from her twins and I could always use a litte extra *girl* time, since I don't have ANY other then this site! LOL!!
I am planning on starting that rotation today if all goes well. SO that is cardio.

Wendy- hope those DOMS are real good. Have a good run and a good dinner.

Sunny- I hope you enjoy that classs. SOunds like fun.

Morning Heather, Kali, Jean, and Kim!!!!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Good morning everyone.

This morning was my 1 mile jog on the TM, followed by GS Chest/Tris and the abdominal ball work from UBP. Hope everyone has a great day. Ice is gone, but still cold here. It was in the 20's this morning.

Jean

Jean, Glad you got your work out in today!:)

Meg, Great w/o! A walk pushin and pullin all of those kiddos up hills is no joke! ^5! Glad your hip is better. Don't think too much of the pain. I get wierdo pains that come and go quite often and some are pretty darned painful!!! I have learned to be happy when they leave and let them go gracefully. LOL I don't get concerned unless they hang around. :p

Got my run in-3 miles. It was nice but harder then it should have been. My endurance has slipped after only 2 weeks of not running. I have to push harder to get it in while I'm doing the X. If it means I have to nixx the X cardio altogether then I will-no biggie.

Have a great afternoon!:)

Wendy, you aren't kidding. And of course the home stretch to her house is all up hill, and then you have to do the drive way which is steeper! I think we went about two miles. I have to check it out with my car. When the weather gets really nice, we can go alot farther.
Glad you got your run in. I am sure your endurance will be alright.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Shrinking Violets Check-in

I started feeling better yesterday morning and enjoyed my beloved Rhythmic Step. My feet and knees did not hurt at all, so I must be getting lighter. I danced around my step and had a delightful time. This is my favorite step workout of all time. I love the dancy choreography with all the mambos, cha chas, pivot turns, and spins. I like the music too. It flows with the choreography. Rhythmic Step is one of my happy workouts, and it made me feel good yesterday.

The good feeling was short lived. My boss wanted me to work yesterday, so I braved the cold and drove to the office. He did not tell me that the building had no heat. I froze my butt off, and I started sneezing and having coughing fits again last night. It was not good for me to sit in a cold office all afternoon.

This was another cold winter day. I had to talk myself into getting up this morning. The temperature was in the 20s, and I was warm and cozy. It is a good thing I had one of my happy workouts to woo me out of bed. After my quiet time, I did Supersets again. I love everything about this workout and enjoy every minute of it. I am even starting to enjoy the concentration curls.

I bundled up this morning and ventured out. Thankfully, the roads were dry. The office building was chilly when I first arrived, but the maintenance guy fixed the heater this morning. I was very grateful. I had a rough night with my cough and started feeling better this morning, so I did not want to experience another setback. I went to HEB during my lunch hour and bought some Mucinex DM. I am hoping that it is strong enough to knock this cough out by tomorrow. The Tussin DM was not doing the job.

Another winter storm is on the way. Central Texas may get up to 2 inches of snow and sleet by tomorrow afternoon. The sleet is already falling. Tomorrow promises to be another cold morning. Step Works will warm my heart. Several of the Ya Yas are having a Cathe cardio party tomorrow.

Please pray for healing and safe travel tomorrow.

Sweet dreams, Violets!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good Morning.

Heather: It was wrong of your boss to ask you to work (sick) in an office with no heat and to not even tell you ahead of time!? WTH?? That wasn't very nice of him!x(

It's shoulder&arm/ARX on tap for me this afternoon and then either a step class at the gym or YogaX tonight.

TTYL!:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! After another night of wild winter weather, I am iced in again this morning. I am waiting for the ice to melt before attempting to drive. I walked outside my front door after my quiet time this morning and discovered a thick layer of ice on the ground.

My Step Works party this morning was super fun! I had a blast. I love, love, love this workout from the fun warm-up to the funky cool-down. Figures 8s are among my favorite moves, so I was delighted when Cathe included them. I had fun with the first combination, but I was really flying high during the second combination with the power mambos and the full circle turns. Cathe’s creative choreography makes this workout an hour of non-stop fun. She does not waste any time breaking down the combinations. I love the fast pace of this workout. It is not dancy, but it is full of fun moves. Step Works is definitely in the same league with my beloved Rhythmic Step. It is just as much fun and much more intense. After this delightful workout, I am higher than a kite. It is cold and dreary outside, but I am warm and cheery inside. I am already looking forward to enjoying this wonderful workout again. I would love to do it again this morning! I am definitely adding this to the 8-week rotation I am planning to start next week. Did I mention that I love, love, love this workout?!

This was the second time I did Step Works. It was not love at first step. I did not bond with it the first time. I tried it for the first time last July at 10:00 p.m. after a long day at work. I was tired and had a hard time with the choreography. I am a morning girl, so my experience was much different this time. The choreography flowed beautifully, and I did not miss a beat. I still love Step Fit, but this one is way more fun. Since I like Step Fit and Step Works as produced, I am thinking about adding the first combination and dancy cool-down from Power Max after the warm-up and step segment from Step, Jump, & Pump. That sounds like fun, but I need to try it.

I was so light on my feet this morning, and my feet and knees did not bother me at all. I packed my scale in a box on New Year’s Eve, but I am confident that I am getting lighter because there is no way I could have done those full circle turns a few weeks ago. I am so excited. I did not have any coughing fits during my workout either, so I am happy about that too.

I am not sure if I will venture out today. I am still not 100 percent well, so a rest day would be good for me. I hope everyone stays safe and warm today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Hi everyone.

Heather, I was afraid you would have ice after hearing the news. This morning we woke up to snow. It wasn't suppose to move up this far according to the weathermen. Schools are closed.

This morning I didn't want to get out of the warm covers. Finally made myself get up and did one of the premixes from IMAX2. I hadn't done that one in a long time and it was alot of fun. Wish I would have had time to to the whole thing. That's what I get for wanting to stay in bed. Still burned 300+ calories with just the premix so not a complete loss.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi Maeghan, Wendy, Kali, Kim and Sunnydelite.

Morning girls!:)

So I did S&A and ARX at nap time y'day and 60 mins of Yoga X after dinner last night. Today is a class at the gym-either kickbox or spin. Later it's the last 30 mins of YogaX and I'll be all caught up!:)

Meg, I'm gettin' it all in girl! YEAY! So what cardio did you do y'day?

Heather, Glad you had fun with Step Works. I'm no good at "the funky" stuff. I get them confused as to which work outs they go with but the macarena cool down and the latin style cool down both confuse me every time! LOL

Jean, Glad you had fun with IMAX. I can't imagine doing those work outs straight out of bed. I've only ever done them mid morning or later. LOL

Good morning!

wendy- good goal there! Good luck. So I totally slacked and didn't WO yesterday. I spent the afternoon at my friends house, then I had fire drill last night. I forgot to WO!

Well, the plan is cardio, for goodness sake. I am going to start my rotation next week since this week has been so messed up. And I have my niece today and she really is a handful, so not sure how I will get it in. I have to work tonight and really don't want to have wo after. i know I will be tired since I had a hard time falling asleep last night.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.