Shrinking Violets Check-in for December 24-31, 2006

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Merry Christmas Eve, Violets! Our check-in was getting long, so I decided to start a new one for the last week of 2006! I completed my Slow and Heavy Series rotation yesterday morning. Today is my rest day, but I am up early because I need to go to the grocery store this morning before church. I am planning to bake sugar cookies this afternoon. :9 I am looking forward to the Christmas Eve candlelight service tonight. :)

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and love and hugs to everyone! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Merry Christmas Heather and to all of the other shrinking violets!

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a safe and wonderful Holiday! I am hoping to start my exercising the day after Christmas!

Got more shopping but will talk to you later!

kim

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good afternoon, Violets! I am taking a break from baking sugar cookies. :9 I need to run to the mall and buy one small gift. I hope everyone is having a blessed day. :)

Wendy, I started a new check-in this morning because the other one was getting too long. ;-)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hello Everyone. Merry Christmas.

The hustle and bustle of the holiday is finally winding down. Yesterday, it was Christmas Mass at 3 for my family. Talk about crowded. We got there just in time to get seats. Our church has a mass at 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 and then one on Christmas Morning. We usually go to the 11, but dh had to work Christmas Day at 5:30am so 11 wasn't going to work. DD suggested the 3, that way she could spend Christmas Eve dinner with her boyfriend's family and then Christmas Dinner with our family. Later last night we stopped over at a friend's house for the Christmas Eve open house. When we got ready to leave, my dh's leather coat was gone. Hopefully someone just took it by mistake and will return it. And if that wasn't enough, when we pulled in our garage and I got out, I noticed we had a flat tire. DH had to change it at 10:00 last night. Then DD came home and we open gifts. This morning I got up and decided I needed to remake the pecan pie I made yesterday, but I had no more pie shells. I tried a pie crust recipe that used vegatable oil instead of shortening. It wouldn't roll out right, so I had to find a gas station/convenience store that was open on Christmas Day so I could buy some crisco. I then spent the morning finishing up the desserts I was suppose to bring to dinner(lemon pie, apple pie, pecan pie and Texas Dessert). That was the most time I spent in a kitchen in months. LOL Our afternoon and evening was spent at my BIL's with his wife and their 2 daughters and husbands/fiance. It was a nice evening. Wish we could do that more than just on the holidays.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday.

Jean

Merry Christmas, Violets! I had a delightful day. We will not talk about my eating. I fell on my butt again, and it was not pretty. The food tasted good at the time, but I have a food hangover now. It was very unclean, and I ate way too much of it. Ugh! I do not even want to know what I weigh now. No workout for me today either other than lifting a fork to my mouth.

Jean, it is good to see you again.

Blessings,
Heather B.

It is the morning after a holiday feast. 9-1-1. I have a serious food hangover. I feel drugged. I did not handle this holiday well at all. I did not think I could do much damage in one day. I was wrong. My last workout was Saturday morning, and I really need to do something. I am not sure what yet. This is my recovery week, so I may do a Christi or Kari hi-lo workout. Back to work today too. Ugh! I hope y’all are feeling perkier and more energetic than I am.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Hello violets,

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. Mine was superb! We had quite a few family members join us and lots of good food!!

today's workout was a 45 mins on the elliptical and then i did triceps. My sister ( a personal trainer) came down from nj and we went to the gym on sat. she worked me out good. I still have DOMS}(
I wished she lived here. I work out harder when she is there to push me.

enjoy your day ladies:)

Hi everyone. Today I managed to get up and squeezed in 30 min of DM before having to start work. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

Heather, hope you get some energy soon. As for your food hangover, drink plenty of water and throw out any left overs that knock your system out of whack.

Sunnydelite, how nice to get a workout in with your sister. So both you and your sister are PT's, that's cool.

Jean

Hi guys. Great WO's today.
I managed 45 min on the TM just now. Used my IPOD~~ that was nice. I think I have bronchitis or some bronchial infection. My cough came back strong yesterday and today my chest has been on fire. Felt alright till my cool down. Burning again. Oh well. Also had to run holding an icepack since I burned my fingers badly tonight. Completely melted the thing by the time I was done running. LOL. Atleast the body heat was enough to keep the coldness from hurting my hands, since they don't like extreme cold. Guess I am a hurtin unit over here.
DH took us shopping. Chase got a Star Wars ship, but it didn't have the man so he couldn't fly it. We had to go buy Obi Wan Kenobi. So I got a sweet sports bra/top, WO top, WO pants and a nicce shirt.
Well my finger is burning as I type, so off to find more ice.
Good night everyone. Glad you all enjoyed your Holiday.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Happy Wednesday everyone. No workout for me this morning. I had to get up and catch up on laundry. With all the holiday stuff, I'm behind.

Maeghan, sorry about your finger and your bronchitis. Hope you are feeling better.

Well since it is getting close to the end of the year and resolution time, I looked back at my weight, this time last year. I weigh 1 whole pound less. What an accomplishment, NOT! A review of the year shows that I stayed between either 5 lbs up or 5 lbs down from what I am today. Let's see if I can make 2007 a better, healthier year.

Jean

Wendy,

I just read your post from the open thread. My heart and prayers go out to you and your little guy. What a way to spend the holiday. I'll be thinking about you and praying that this was a one time deal and that your son stays healthy. Get some rest. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jean

Thanks Jean. :)

Well, no exercise for me since Christmas Eve when I did a 20 mins of Core Syn and 20 mins of Plyo X!:eek: I intend to get back to business tomorrow although I have no idea what I will do since I missed 3 days out my planned rotation. I'll probably just "putter around" doing whatever I am in the mood for until after New Years when I start the X!}( }( }(

Kali hasn't been around in quite a while...I hope she's just busy! If you are out there girl, stop lurking and post to us so we know you are ok!:)

Wendy, I know exactly how you feel! Very scary. I am glad he is alright. Keeps you on edge everytime they get a little sick. Always get nervous when Connor has a fever. I will pray for Joey.

Have fun getting back into your routine. Enjoy your family.

I do have Bronchitis. Hope it goes away soon. I want to do B&G tonight. I should do the leg blast but I hate those dang leg presses!!! I find them worse in the premix then in HSTA! LOL!!

BBL>

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Good morning, Violets! I am finally starting to recover from my holiday indulgence. It tasted good at the time, but I am definitely paying the price for it now. My system has been in shock all week. My only workout Tuesday was doing the green apple 2-step to the bathroom every 20 minutes. I also started itching all over, developed a rash on my neck, and had an asthma-type reaction. I obviously ate something with MSG in it.

I woke up yesterday morning feeling drugged and lethargic again. I previewed High Step Circuit but could not even bring myself to do one of Cathe’s easier workouts. By noon, I knew that I needed a live kick in the butt. I packed my bag during my lunch hour and went to the club after work for my friend’s cardio boot camp class. It was more like cardio hell. There were only a few people there last night, so it was more like a personal training session and a grueling one at that. She was recovering from a sugar hangover too, and we all paid for it. She launched right into super intense high impact and plyo work with no warm-up at all. :eek: Cathe has not prepared me for that! It was like doing 45 minutes of IMAX3 intervals with no warm-up or recovery times to catch your breath! I wanted to quit but pushed myself through it. I was on the verge of throwing up, but I made it and felt a little better after class. I am paying the price this morning. My feet, knees, and back are killing me. :-( I do IMAX3 intervals on my rebounder, and this was way too much impact for me at this weight. There was one twirling move that was a lot of fun. It reminded me of a Christi Taylor hi-lo move. Other than that, the rest of the class was brutal. It was definitely an extreme workout. I will weigh a lot less and be in much better shape before I try it again.

I am not sure what I will do today, but it will be gentle! I am meeting with my counselor after work and may go to the club and walk in the pool after that. My feet, knees, and back hurt too bad to do anything on land today. I feel like I have been run over by a steamroller. Ugh!

Wendy, I am praying for your precious Joey. How scary! I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers too. What is your husband’s name?

Blessings,
Heather B.

Hey girls,

Well I finally did a workout today after months of nothing! I had to take alot of breaks and know that I am terribly out of shape! But I will not rush things like I am known to do. I bought Billy Blanks Elite BootCamp and it seems really fun. I plan on doing him alternating with Cathe. I plan on doing something with her tomorrow. today maybe some of her abs. I am just so glad to be able to share workouts with you ladies!

Heather-I know what you mean about the eating over the holidays, cause I was the queen of junk food! And the pool sounds like fun today! Have fun!!

Wendy- I am so sorry about your little boy! That can be so scary. I am praying he doesn't have another seizure. Prayers to you,your husband,and the little one.

Kali-What's been up girl? hope to see you here soon!

Hello to Sunny,Maeghan,Jean and to anyone I may have missed!

kim

Great job Kim! Feels good doesn't it? Keep it up! You will be back to your endurance in no time.

Heather- I have not been able to resist my mothers cookies!! And she is having another get together Sat with more goodies! OyVay!

I am hoping to go outside for a run in a few minutes. DH is here to stay with the kids. I have been cleaning all morning. Going thru all my clothes and getting rid of most of them, too big. Giving some to my sis who had a baby 9 mo ago. I have clothes everywhere in my room now. Can' tsee the bed LOL! Oh well, a break is needed! BBL to report my WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

I just came in from a 40 min run OUTSIDE!!! IT was sooo nice. I had my ear warmers on LOL! I saw deer running thru the woods and it was *quiet* even though I had my IPOD. Just nice. I want to do some UB now. I might not get to it till tonight. I have to work at 5, and still have work to do in the bedroom.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

hello ladies,

back from my interview and don't feel good about it. they had 3 other candidates (we were all there at the same time) me and one of the other girls started talking and they all already work for the ymca as personal trainers and fitness instructors...plus they were all much younger than me. i almost just walked out after talking with her. we shall see what happens.....

meg- great workout. have you always been an outside runner?

heather- i am sure we all fell off the bandwagon over the holidays...all you can do is jump back on.

wendy- we are thinking about you.

i thought i was gonna have a chance to workout today but it's not looking good.

i hope everyone is having a good day!

Hey girls,

Just sitting here wondering what workout I will do tomorrow. It feels good to be thinking of that again!:) I am thinking ofdoing some leg workouts,but just don't know which one.

My eating is still horrible even today but I am surely going to work on that also!

Maeghan- Glad you had a good run today!

Sunny- I am crossing my fingers on you interview!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.