Shrinking Violets 7/26

Annabelle2

Cathlete
So sorry for my absence ladies....I went into "hide" mode I think. I didn't make any great stats in the challenge so I was a bit bummed. I have been getting home ready DD will be home for good next month!!!!!

and I have made a big decision regarding new goals -- what are we checking now and I will fill you all in later, as usual I am late!!!

Well, I have a minute this is from my journal:

I have been working on this weight gain for almost 8 months now..... somthing has got to change and I have been contemplating it for some time. I used to play softball --- I love sports ----- I have always secretly wanted to be an athlete. Do I have any special talent in this area? Except for some exceptional hand to eye coordination - a big NO

BUT! I have a giant "want to" and desire so I am going to give it a shot. I think taking my mind off my weight and putting it on a different goal is what is in order....I will still track my weight but my main goal is going to be on training, correct nutrition, and performance. I am 48, birthday in January - I have a goal to compete in a "Sprint Triathlon" by the time I am 50 - a birthday present to myself! The gift of something missed out on and achieving something on my lifetime "Things To Do List". I don't have to win, I just don't want to be last and in the true competitive spirit winning would be an extra plus but "winning" to me will be completing my goal and not being last! As I have chosen something I am not proficient in at all the training will be slow and steady.

What I have done so far....I have purchased a pair of Trail Running shoes and a stop watch. I have a bike that I am getting ready - since I have my little GS I haven't gone for a ride in a long time. I got out my helmet. I have the proper clothing. I have begun taking glucosamine and chondroiton (sp?) for my joints. I do need to purchase something with the "Glow" on it for running/riding at night. I won't be swimming for a while since I think it will probably be my strongest capability.

I am going to begin with running since it is the thing I am least accomplished in. This month all my cardio will be Cardio Coach or Itrain on the rebounder, I will begin with two long sessions and one short session a week. This will build up my endurance. I would love to have a treadmill for this but it is not possible. I cannot take anything outside until DD gets home and she should be home for good some time in August so I am taking the intermediary time to get ready. When DD gets home I will re-evaluate but will probably run two days and bike two days a week. I am going to really get going on my Yoga practice also - I will need this conditioning to keep my body supple, focused, and rested! I resigned from teaching my classes last week so I can get more into this project.

I am changing up my strength training because I am definately going to be working on endurance. I will be doing high rep total body workouts for a while and will probably throw in a strength week every 4th or 5th week and then do an week of low intensity cross training like alternating Yoga with swimming. I am excited about my new goal - I hope and pray that my body will hold up and that I will have the wisdom to keep things at a slow pace - I must begin by building a (hmmmm what is the word here) solid cardio base???

These are my thoughts, plans, and goals - I will have to break up my mini goals later - my first will be to turn into a runner from a jogger... - I will post my plan for the week later

Have an excellent day!

Kathy, that is great news that DD will be home in a month and the best part is it's for good. How many years did she serve?

Wow Kathy, I'm proud of you for making such a committment. As for the "hide mode" you shouldn't feel that way at all. You may not have reached your goal during the 12 week challenge, but you did make some positive changes. Most of us didn't reach our goals either or in my case even come close. I, for one, think that you probably had the best results out of all of us. We are all here for a reason,to get healthier, and without the support of this group I would throw up my hands and give up. So don't feel you have to hide. Post your accomplishments and failures and we will support you on your journey.

As for me, this morning was 15 minutes on TM then GS BBS. I promise I will eat better today.

Jean

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning! I made it to bed by 11:00 p.m. again last night and did another morning workout after my Bible study. I decided on Rhythmic Step this morning, which is one of my favorites! I was not feeling as energetic this morning, so I skipped the challenge. I still got a great workout.

Welcome back, Kathy!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Mornin' Ladies!

Kathy, so glad you're back. I have gone into (hide mode) myself not too long ago. (big mistake) I was disgusted with myself for gaining some weight back and getting off my clean eating habits and felt like I had to hide. I wasn't able to get out of that funk until I told you guys how I felt and what I was doing. Now I am back on track and feel great about my goals, eating, etc. Even on the bad days, I don't get down on myself anymore thanks to these ladies! And you are one of them I might add!!! Please don't ever feel that way. We're all here for each other like Jean said.
And those goals! WHOA! You go Woman! Go slow and steady, and you will get there I'm sure! So happy about DD too!

Jean- yes I think 4 girls to 1 bathroom is a disaster waiting to happen. They'll be ok tho. So what you nibbled on some chips! You're eating looked great yesterday! Keep it up!

Wendy- how's the DOMS?? Can you not make it to the computer this morning?? LOL?

Heather- good job w/ RS. That's one of my fav's.

Well I had my raisin bran this morning and I'm off to do L&G's w/ light weights and a segment of Coremax or Ab hits. Then it's Cleanmax for me.

Hello to Meaghan, SD, Karen, Spunky, Violet and HC! Sorry if I missed anyone! Hope everyone is eating well and working out!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good Morning Challengers!

Kathy: WOW! That's a big decision you made but it's also a great one! You go girl! You can do anything you put your mind to!:)

Jean: I love the GS series!

Heather: Gosh, I haven't done RS in AGES and I've NEVER attempted the challenge cause segment 3 eludes me. I tried it a couple of times and got frustrated. I did only segments 1 and 2 a couple more times and then put the work out away and it has been shelved ever since...that's was MONTHS ago!:eek:

Kali: Have fun with L&G...I know how you just LOVE that work out!}( Make sure you eat enough today young lady!!!!

Well today's plan WAS Slim and Lean and a TM run but I overslept so getting both in today will be tough. Not sure if it's worth it. I'll check back later to let you know what I decided to do. I am considering a circuit instead.

TTYL!:)

Kathy, it is great to see you hear, and nice to *meet* you!
Great job Jean, Heather (I love RS), and Kali and good luck with your eating.

Well, last night i ate 4 ears of corn! It was sooo good. I also had a small porkchop. Normally I wouldn't have had that but my mom thawed it all out to cook, and then her and my dad decided to go out to eat, so she gave it to me! I was pretty good.

I had Kashi flakes and wild blueberries for breakfast.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Good morning ladies,

this morning's workout was ripped to the core. doesn't "fry" me but does tire the muscles.

kathy- i think your plan sounds great. hmmm, maybe i could try out for a sport, ha, who am i kidding:D

wendy- let me know how you like slim and lean. i read the description for that workout and 94 lunges...sounds killer to me.

megan-yum kashi!

jean- i love gymstyles. how's that sweet tooth? mine is still hanging around }(

kali- congats at being back..don't leave again:D

hello to anyone else i've missed or to come!

Hi gals.

Well, I'm back from the gym. I ran 2.75 miles total.

.25 mile @ 3% grade
1 mile flat run
.25 mile @ 3.5% grade
1 mile flat run
.25 mile @ 3% grade

Total=2.75 miles Time=30 mins

I put DS down for a nap when I got home and just ate something. I'm going to relax for a bit (w/a cup of coffee, ofcourse!;)) and POSSIBLY will pop in Slim & Lean in a bit after all. }(

Food so far:

#1) Cheerios, ff milk, 3/4 of an apple (ds ate the other part of the apple :+ )

#2) 1/2 banana, ww bagel, natural p/b

Heather, RS is one of my favorites. Nice workout even without the challenge.

Kali, the biggest problem DD had last year sharing the bathroom was fighting over whose turn it was to buy (and replace) the toilet paper. She won’t have to deal with that this year, since each has their own bathroom, but I’m wondering how they are going to handle the food. “Who ate my cereal?” etc. I never shared a place of my own with anyone. I went straight from my mom’s house to being being married. Thanks for the comment on the eating. I think the chinese chicken did the most damage. But I’m really trying. I want these extra pounds gone. I've let them creep back up.

Wendy, I used to have problems with the last segment of RS too, because I did the FitTV verison and it skips it. Once I got the DVD I just kept working at it. Sometimes I would start my workout at that segment. That way my mind was clear and didn’t have all the other steps and turns locked into my brain.

Maeghan, I love corn and plan on having it tonight. Just not 4 ears though. LOL Wow, I looked at your pictures. You look great.

Sunnydelite, sweet tooth is sleeping today. Shhhh, we don't want to wake it. I do so much better when I work from home and don’t have the tempation of what other’s are eating around me.

Oh, today was my eye appointment followup and the Dr. now has me trying bifocal contacts. Mono vision was OK, but not good for computer work. So far the bifocals are ok.

I’m on my way to go shop with DD for her apartment.

Jean

Thanks Jean! What kind of work do you do from home if you don't mind me asking. Being a SAHM, I am always on the look out LOL!!!!

OK, I had my cereal this morning
Luna bar for snack
WO-chest and back and Imax2 1-5
2 (yes 2) turkey and cranberry sammys on WW bread. I was starving after WO
chicken soup and WW pita bread for dinner. I didn't realize how much sodium was in those soups, so I will eat them sparingly from now on. Hopefully I won't be real bloated in the AM
Don't think I need a snack tonight, but if I do, it will be a Kashi bar.
Great job ladies!!! I think you all deserve smileys!

Thanks alot WEndy, now I want Slim and Lean! What are you doing to me???????LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hey Meg...Slim and Lean is an AWESOME work out! You NEED to get it, girl! It ROCKS!}(

Hey ladies - Thanks for the welcome back! I unfortunately do not have time for personals and will be back intermittently until Sunday -- I have company A DAY EARLY EEEEEK!, the will leave Saturday and as soon as they are gone we get in the car and head to Houston to a get together...my nephew is in from Iraq, he is an officer in the Army so I should be back Sunday - it is going to be pretty tiring. The day early thing really threw me off -- we took them out to dinner so my cleaning lady could get the house ready which is what we had planned for the evening.....and them they stayed up until after 11:00 - I have to work today and had I known they were coming a day early I could have asked for it off but now it is too late.......ya ya ya ya........little vent ..... I need to post my challenge - it is increasing endurance and I will get with you ladies later!

Hugs!

Best wishes on your goals, Kathy! You can do it. I've been in a rut for a while (I didn't meet my goals yesterday) but today is a new day. There are so many other blessings in my life, that attaining my goals will only add to them. I promise I won't beat myself up trying to reach them, I'll just enjoy the process (though this is easier "written" than done). I'm sure you will too!

I posted before that I missed my goals, but I did do a 2 mile run at lunch and KPC in the morning. I also am taking a pottery class and am horrible, so I have to spend a lot of time trying to "center" the clay on the wheel--killer workout for my arms!

I'm GOING to add a smiley today even though we have a work meeting that contains donuts and pizza....(ok--wish me luck!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.