Shrinking Violet - Wednesday 10/25/06

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Shrinking Violets where are you?

I was out of town and came home last night and couldn't find a thread and then today it is already 1 o'clock and no one has started it yet.

Come out, Come out where ever you are!

This morning for me was Imax. I don't think I had done that one before. I liked it. I did workout Monday and Tuesday at the hotel (see below) Did cardio & lower body Monday and Upper body Tuesday (Pyramid style)

How has everyone been? This week my dh is off so I suggested we try to do a little weekend getaway for a night, since I still have to work. Well he comes up with the idea to go the Vegas. Little local getaway vs Vegas getaway, Hmmm, which do you think I chose? We stayed 2 nights, saw some shows and had a good time. While there we went to the Bodies Exhibition. It is a unique display of the human body showing muscles, bones, vessels and nerves all preserved using ploymer to replace the liquid in the body. DH thought is was weird, but I was fascinated by it.

Wendy, hope you decide on a new roation. Once the new DVD's come in, I'm sure I will be using them a lot to try them out.

Kim, sorry to hear aobut your feet. As for the doctor thing, I'm kind of in the same boat. If I don't workout something hurts, if I do workout something hurts. Not DOM's,but aches and pains like when I try to get up from sitting too long. I too wonder if a doctor could tell me if I'm doing something wrong, exercise or eating wise. Or am I just getting old and this is normal. I don't know. 43 should not feel this way.

Maeghan, how have you been? How are your boys? Hope everyone is statying healthly.

Kali, how's work and your boys doing?

Heather, did you get the light hocked up yet and if so is it helping?

Sunnydelite, I hear you on hating when things get in the way of exercise. Unfortunatley, I too often can make my own excuse up to get in the way LOL. Trying hard not to that.

Well I need to get back to work. Lunch is over.

Hope someone checks in after me, otherwise we are going to have to change our name to the Vanishing Violets.

Jean

Hey Jean and any who follow!

Jean, I was tryin' to whip these chickies into shape while you were away to get them to check in more often but they just don't wanna listen I tell ya!}( :p Your mini-vegas-vacation sounds fab! Glad you had a good time! Did you gamble at all? }(

The check in IS getting sparse though.:( We lost Heidi and Karen who were both supposed to come back...I THOUGHT...but I haven't seen hide nor hair of them in MONTHS! The others just don't love us enough to check in faithfully I guess! LOL Or maybe they just have lives outside of Cathedom! LMAO! :7 :p }( :) ;) :p

Well, HSTA is DONE and not a moment too soon! That work out is KILLER!!!!}( }( }( I have tomorrow planned as a TM run in the evening. I am hoping to get atleast 4 miles in.

Right now I am drinking a protein shake and then it's off to the showers with me.

Ciao Bellas!:*

Hey Jean and Wendy,

We can't let the shrinking violets disappear! It has been rough for me but I am trying to get back to exercising. I feel I have to go light on my cardio and exercising and boy that kills me! I have always been one to go for the gusto!

Jean-I feel at my age (38) that I shouldn't have all these problems either! We are young women! I just hate when this gets me down I start to eating horribly and gain weight! I could have been still losing weight while not exercising in the past month! I now have 25 pounds to lose instead of 20.:(

As far as working out today ladies, I will hopefully get in a cardio before going to bed tonight! Going to visit mom tonight,it is the only time I see her during the week. All of us kids get together and eat supper. So my workout will be later tonight!

Dang! I am long winded today. I will talk to you tonight!

All of you violets, come on out and talk to us!

kim

Hello ladies,

jean- i think we should go ahead with that name change;)

wendy- glad you kicked HSTA's butt:D that is one killer of a workout. gets the job done for sure. how's mr. joey been doing these days?

kim- how are you? let's us know what you choose.

today i did a 5 mile run on the treadmill. wanted to get in some upperbody weight work however decided to get a jump start on cleaning the housex( x( . it's just not as fun but a necessary evil, lol. my mil is relocating to nc next thurs and will be staying with us until she finds her own bachelorette pad:D so i decided the house needs to be somewhat tidied. (is that a word:) )

ttyl....

Hey guys! I did KPC, stopping at drills, SJP hi-lo, BC cardio, and then finished with a 5 minute fast TM run. I wanted to run longer, but my legs were a wee bit tired at that point.

SD- that is great about your MIL being around soon. Great for the kids huh?

Kim- I hope that body starts to cooperate with you soon!

Jean- thanks, we are good. Boys have a cold, but hey, what else is new. They are well though. Glad you got a little get away.

Wendy- I really want to try HSTA!! I read the breakdown of it and sounds great!

Hey there to Heather too!

I managed
Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good evening, Violets! This is a late check-in for me. I have been goofing off with the cardio haters this week (even though I am an avid cardio lover). I am experiencing a little setback too. I hurt my left foot, and I have been limping around for 3 days. I wore cute shoes for my weekend shopping expedition instead of going for comfort, and I am paying for it. I also think I tried to get too much mileage out of a pair of shoes. Something always hurts when it is time for new shoes. I will be sad if I am not ready for Cathe’s new workouts when they arrive. Perish the thought! I will be ready! I will stay off my feet as much as possible this weekend.

Jean, I tested my light box Sunday morning. It really gives a nice glow to my living room that reminds me of early morning light. I have not been getting up early enough to use it on a daily basis. The timing is very important, so I need to get my act together. By the way, I laughed at your Dr. Pepper comment in Cathe’s forum. There are actually places north of the sweet tea line that do not serve sweet tea either! :eek:

After viewing all the video clips, I am most excited about Body Max 2. That surprises me. Of course, I may change my mind by the time the DVDs are delivered. ;-)

Please do not vanish on me, Violets. I promise to post more faithfully after the new DVDs arrive. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.