Shereta's October checkin

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Today's weight is 188.5. Wow. What happened? I'll tell you: lack luster workouts, the sofa and poor eating habits. Well, I figure if I can concentrate on good eating habits, consistant, well planned workouts and staying away from the sofa, I'll be back to my desired weight and stamina level in a timely manner.

Today's workout was Imax2. I only did 1-7 cycles and some of that was on the floor. I burned 559 calories in 45 min. I know I can't handle the whole thing right now, so I didn't plan on doing all of it.

Today, my most fav body part are my shoulders. My least fav is my core area. That will change soon.

I'm off to make breakfast and lunch and shower for work.

More later.

Today's weight is 188.5. Wow. What happened? I'll tell you: lack luster workouts, the sofa and poor eating habits. Well, I figure if I can concentrate on good eating habits, consistant, well planned workouts and staying away from the sofa, I'll be back to my desired weight and stamina level in a timely manner.

Today's workout was Imax2. I only did 1-7 cycles and some of that was on the floor. I burned 559 calories in 45 min. I know I can't handle the whole thing right now, so I didn't plan on doing all of it.

Today, my most fav body part are my shoulders. My least fav is my core area. That will change soon.

I'm off to make breakfast and lunch and shower for work.

More later.

Hi.shereta...

My name is allee. Just wondering if I cancheck in with you. I am pretty new to workout and cathe....

Allee

Sure, Allee, come on in. The water's great.

No workout for me today b/c Yesterday, was a very long day. Up at 5 to workout, full day at work, braided band girls hair after work and then I worked the concession stand. wow. My body felt like I had been in a full body, kickboxing game. My eating was pretty good, however, I did not get to sleep til abour 2:30am.

Then, today, we were up at 6:45 to drive an hour for my nephew's football. He didn't even get to play, but I'm sure he was very happy we came to see his team.

I woke up a while ago from a 2 hour nap. I've realized as I get older, I need more sleep and more protein to help me stay full and focused. I've just had a well balanced meal and am looking forward to getting in bed on time to night.

Off to clean house and do laundry.

Where you at, Allee?

Hi...thank you.

No workout for me as well. Too busy at work. I am thinking about starting a rotation tomorrow. Hope you have a good nite and sleep well.

Allee

Today's workout was MMA boxing. I like this workout, but my low endurance kept me from really enjoying it like i have in the past.

Today, my eating has not been very good at all. It definitely is a work in progress.

I'm off to plan meals for tomorrow. I'm shooting for a two pound weight loss by Friday.

Tomorrow's workout will be one of the 4DS.

Hello Shereta,l

Happy Monday..How are you?;)

Today workout is going to be butts and gutts however it has to wait after work.

What's on tap for you? Did you do 4ds?

What part of Gerogia do you live? I have a friend that live in Forest Park.
Anyway, hope you have a great day.

Allee:D

Hey, Allee. I live in Dallas, Ga. It's not too far from College Park.

No, I didn't do 4DS. I was looking at the wrong week. Today was Slow and Heavy CHest and back. Wow. It was slow and it was heavy. I forget what tomorrow is going to be. I know it'll be another slow and heavy and I'll do a run on the treadmill tomorrow evening.

I was so shocked when I got on the scale this morning: 191.0 WOW! I know I'm Pmsing and water retaining, but dang. However, I ate very well today. I kept it low carb until lunch and dinner. I feel so much better eating low carb. When I eat fruits, grains and breads, I feel sluggish and achy. I will miss fruit, but not the crazy cravings that follow it. I'm done. I got on the scale before my shower and I weighed 191.5. Low carbing is already working. Not no-carb, but low- carb. Like today, I did have a turkey sandwich with my salad for lunch and brown rice in my chicken divan for dinner. But, not crackers, chips, fruit or junky stuff. Cheese, nuts, eggs, Oh, I did have a protein drink with peanut butter right after work. It totally settled my hungry. Cause normally, I go balistic with food after work. I mean I normally eat everything. But, I had the drink and got busy with dinner. I'm so pleased with myself.

I told myself when I turned 45, I was going to change. And I have already. I walked the dog after dinner tonight. He's a hunk-a-chunk like me. Normally, once I come in from work, church or whatever - I don't go back outside. But, I did today. It was a peaceful, 25 minute walk. I want to be a little more active after work.

Last edited:
Wt: 189.5 Yeah. I ate really well today. I'm very pleased with myself.

Today's workout was Slow and Heavy, Legs and shoulders. 567 calories burned. Not bad.

Feeling tired and ready to sleep.

Tomorrow's workout will be Slow and Heavy, Biceps, Triceps and Abs.

wt 188.5. workout Step Moves. I ditched s/h for cardio today. Just felt like I needed it. It didn't really kill me but I did modify quite a few moves so I could finish it. I pushed myself and really feel accomplished already. and it's not even 7am yet.

It's amazing how much better I feel since I've let some carbs go. I feel more motivated to do things even around the house and at work. I don't feel like a slug. Yeah.

more later.

Last edited:
wow. step moves is finished. 626 calories burned. It took me 48 min to finished. I'm still sweating, but I feel great. I just wanted to make note of the fact that my waist, core and boobies are definitely smaller this morning. yeah.

Today's wt 187.5. I'm beginnning to feel like my old self - unbloated.

Yesterday after I cooked, I was supposed to walk the dog, but my son did it while I was cooking, so I walked alone. Then, hubby came home and joined me. We ended up doing two trips around the neighborhood which is 1.8 miles for one. Yeah, so that was Step Moves in the am and 3.6 miles after dinner. He wanted to speed walk. I wanted a leisure walk. We did a little of both. Hummmmm, would that count as intervals? hahahaha Anyway, it was nice.

Today, no workout this morning cause our son had to be at school pretty early. Tonight, I will do S/H Tri/Bi/Abs right after work. No excuses.

Also, today is the first day I didn't feel a little fuzzy headed. That may be b/c my body and mind is getting used to less carbs.

More later

Okay, I didn't workout yesterday. So today I did Pyramid UB - one of my most favorites. Tomorrow will the be sister to the that one. PLB.

I'm off to a great start and am looking forward to a great day.

No workout today. DS band was in competition yesterday. We got home aroung 2am, to church at 8 am and to nap at 2 pm.

I'm sure what's on tap for tomorrow's workout, but I'll work hard.

Editing to say, I was a beast with Pyramid LB yesterday. I was only a few pounds away from what Cathe was using. On some of the sets, I used the same weight. Wow. I was so impressed with myself. When I used the 40lb barbell, I felt so strong and accomplished.

Last edited:
Hello Shereta,:)

Hope you are having a great weekend. Sorry, I haven't been around. Emergency in the family. All is good now.

Great job with your workout.

I am planning to do 4ds next week. The dvd jus came in. So excited.

What are your plan for next week? Hope you have a great night.

Allee;)

Hey, Allee. Life is busy for me. No workout yesterday or today. I will start 4ds to stay near Cathe's rotation this month. 4DS is fun and challenging.

Glad all is well with you.

Good Evening Shereta,

Hehe...maybe you and I can start 4ds together. I like the fun part but afraid of the challenge. I'll do my best.

I understand life is busy. Mine as well. Remember to stop and smell the roses.

Well off to preview the dvd. Have a great night. Take Care.

Allee:cool:

OMG, I can't believe I overslept. Cycle is on. Maybe that's why I'm extra tired and my weight is up a little.

I have to do a little shopping after work, but I pray I will work out after I get home plus walk the dog. I don't want 'life' to be an excuse for not working out and eating right. I have to work these two into my ' new life'; they are my life as well. I have committed to doing things different and better and I have to make it all a priority. So, I'm off now to getting as much done this morning, so I can make time for my 'new life' later.

Thanks for the smiles, Allee

Todays workout was 4DS HIS-Chest/Back. Pretty good workout. I love using heavy weight, I just hate that it takes so long to finish.

I'm feeling great. I'm moving a lot at work and that cardio is making me extra hungry. i must eat great food today. I even brought protein powder for a little pickmeup later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.