RT - Tuesday, June 5

Liann

Cathlete
Goodmorning ladies!!! I am really starting to get excited about the trip! It is going to be here before we know it. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the drive there. As silly as it sounds, I've never driven anywhere that took longer than an hour to get to. I know I'm being a total WIMP, but the 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip by myself on the turnpike has me a little nervous. I've got myself psyched up for it though, so I know I'll be fine, just getting the jitters out early. ;)

Tonight is going to be Slow and Heavy - Legs and Back segment. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a Cardio Coach.

My eating has not been clean as of late (Froot Loops anyone?), but I have cut back and reigned it in quite a bit. No more candy in my house and my husband has been instructed not to cross the threshold with a bag of Oreos. I have come to the conclusion that I have NO willpower, so I just have to keep that junk out of the house. I have also instructed my DH that the only kind of Doritos allowed in the house are the hot jalapeno ones. I can only handle one of those (can we say HOT) as opposed to eating a whole bag of the normal ones.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I am definitely not missing work at the restaurant in the evenings! I love driving by there and knowing I do not have to go in. ;)

Hi Liann -

Last night's workout was PUB. I had to force myself to workout and didn't get the usual "high" either. I probably should have just gone home from work and went straight to bed. I usually have my best workouts when I'm not up for them, but last night wasn't the case.
Tonight's agenda is KPC. (Lord give me strength!!)

I know what you mean about going on the road trip by yourself. I'm flying by myself for the first time ever and I'm terrified. Not of the flight, but what to do and where to go afterward. If I don't show up on time for the meet and greet - please send a posi out looking for me!!! LOL LOL

We don't keep any junk food in our house. I will occassionally have some "sugared" cereal for the kids and some granola bars for them, but for the most part - we're junk food free. Otherwise, I'd be face down in it myself!

Have a great day!
66 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne

Dianne - I know what you mean about the flying and getting to where you need to go etc... When my DH and I were dating (long distance), I had to fly from MD to WA by myself. I had only flown a few times in my life and always with my parents. I was terrified of the connections and getting to the right planes and then finding him when I got there etc... What a crazy time! I became a pro though, which is good because I was so WIPED out on the trip back that I slept through the first flight and honestly didn't remember walking to the second flight and getting boarded. I woke up at BWI thank God! If I do not see a "Dianne" at the get together, I will send out the hounds! :)

My DH is definitely my stumbling block with the food. He is slowly getting better at what he brings home, but every once in a while, he kills me by making brownies or bringing home cookies or something.

Have fun with KPC tonight!

Good morning!

Liann and Dianne: Okay, so here's the plan: If by the time of the RT dinner Friday night one or both of you have not made an appearance, I send out the forces. My dh will have nothing to while he sits in the room anyway, so I will have him on standby and with as much as a ring of the phone he will speed dial the Glassboro PD and we will have the dogs out ASAP ( this will make him feel useful as he is in law enforcement). Then, I will activate all the RT's to do a search on foot. We all get a nice cardio benefit by walking as well as help out two fellow lone RT's. I figure who better than a bunch of muscular women to kick some butt should there be any trouble! Once we find you, and do the debriefing, we drag your lost, disheveld butts back for some grub and the RT will begin! See, now there's just nothing to worry about. Traveling alone should feel much safer now ;-) ( Oh how I just crack myself up)

So, this morning is KPC followed by stability ball abs and possibly a walk a little later today. I just tried out a new Protein Oatmeal that I bought from Vitamin Shoppe... Yuck!!!! The brand is Dymatize and it is called Elite Oats N More. I tried it because since they pulled my favortie Protein Oatmeal off the shelves about 2 years ago, I haven't seen any others. When I saw this stuff I got so excited and ordered two canisters. They were pretty expensive! So, I just tried it and am pretty disgusted. I guess I have to go return them, but just thought I would warn you guys in case any of you think of buying some. Oh well...

Oh, and Liann, I am pretty impressed with your pets, although I would probably run ut of your basement like a little wimp. I am just not cut out for being surrounded by that many scaly animals, but I admire you for having them. I am pretty much a girly girl ( but a tough one!)LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Hello.

Vicki, Liann, and Dianne...Could I also be put on the list for "people to watch out for"? LOL..you all are so funny, but seriously...this is a big concern for me too!! I will be flying in solo as well. I haven't flown in 2 years and I am worried I won't remember all of those detailed instructions on how to get to Glassboro. Anyway, just checking to see if you could enforce the A-Team plan if I don't show up :)

Today was an iTread. I had to get up pretty early to squeeze it in before work. I have a hair appointment after work and probably won't get home until 8 or 8:30. If I have time, I may try to do the Leg Blast premix from B&G. If not, I will try to get it in before work tomorrow. I need this last little leg toner before I suit up for the beach in a few days!! I know it probably won't really help me look that much better by Friday, but maybe I will look better in my mind knowing that I did it}(

To all who follow...have a great day!!

Hi Lara.

Maybe all of us "lostees" could exchange cell phone numbers so when we hit Phily or Jersey we can be on the lookout for each other as well!

This should be a riot!!!

:)Dianne

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have complete faith in the A-Team plan, but.....maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a few cell numbers on hand:p LOL

Road Trip Check-in

After my quiet time this morning, I had fun with Cardio and Weights. My knees were crying this morning, so I may need to take a break from Pit Bull’s cardio boot camp class until I get closer to my goal weight. I am thinking about going once a month to measure my progress. Even with modifications, the class was not as joint friendly last night. Live classes are so unpredictable, and I never know what to expect. It is so much easier to rotate and modify my Cathe workouts because I am familiar with all the moves and know which workouts to avoid doing on consecutive days. Not to mention, I need more pure cardio after work.

Speaking of cardio, I went to the club after work and gave the new cardio equipment a whirl. I started with the arc trainer. Mercy! I lasted 5 minutes then moved to the recumbent bike for 30 minutes and wrapped up my workout with 10 minutes on the elliptical. Pit Bull and the other trainers in the fitness center got a good laugh when I walked out of the cardio room and exclaimed, “That thing burns my butt!” She told me how much she has missed those classic Heather moments. I personally enjoy the elliptical more. The gliding motion is smoother and more fun in my experience. I am concerned that this new machine might be a butt bulker too. I love having a personal LCD TV. Having something to watch makes the time fly, but I quickly changed the channel when I started because I did not want to watch the Food Network and lust after food during my workout! I have always hated cardio equipment and never last longer than a few minutes. I actually enjoyed my workout tonight.

LOL about the A-Team plan!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.