RT for Tues. May 29

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Hi everyone...

Just getting us started. Yesterday I wrote but I wrote on Sunday's thread and didn't realize it until I already posted. It did feel like Sunday all day! ( I can be really ditzy sometimes... or so it's been said!)

This morning I will be doing PP and then taking a walk. I took two rest days in a row which is pretty rare for me. I am hoping my body will benefit from it because I realized that I have been very sore lately and I think my body just needed a break. I started teaching the cardio/sculpt class in January and that has really taken a toll. So, even though it is hard for me psychologically to take down time, I forced myself to do it. I woke up today and didn't gain 10 pounds ( which is of course my secret fear) so I guess it was fine to do it.

Gotta run, I'll BBL.

Have a great day!

Good morning ladies!

Finally got back from camping trip yesterday. We did have some rain and during the storm a big tree fell down right on top of the fire pit. Thank goodness it was raining and everyone was under the shelter! I am off work today as well because I worked 1/2 day on Saturday. This morning I did Low Max. It's a sweatfest, but fun!

Josie-I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through that. With my divorce, it was a relief, but still not fun to deal with. Getting back into your routine should help.

Liann-I sure hope Harvey pulls through this. I've always heard baby bunnies are really difficult to raise, but he was doing so well. Even though I'm a cat lover, I think I'd feel like shooting that dang cat too.

Vicki-It sounds like you did need a break. Try not to feel guilty. By the way, I'm sure we all have ditzi moments like that. I know I do:D

Hello to all who follow and everyone have a good day!

Kara

Hi everyone! Hope you had a nice long weekend. We sure did, we went to the Braves game on Sunday...they lost but it was still fun to go. Went out to the pool yesterday and just relaxed. I managed to keep my eating fairly decent but I'm tightening up a lot this week. I got through my last S&H workouts and will finish out the week with cardio and circuit workouts before I move on to Barry's Bootcamp starting Saturday.

Vicki - it felt like Sunday all day yesterday to me also. Good for you for listening to your body and taking your rest days. Sometimes we just need to tune in and listen to what it's telling us.

Kara - sounds like you had a great time on your camping trip!

Josie - You hang in there. It sounds like you have made a very difficult decision but the right one for you. I am sending big hugs your way.

Have a great day ladies.

T

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did 2 sections of Stretch Max. This is somewhat of a "rest week" for me.

Vicki--It is tough to take those rest days, isn't it? But I know we need them.

Kara--Low Max is a fun one, isn't it? Glad you enjoyed your camping trip.

Tess--I just ordered S&H with my Mother's Day gift card. How do you like it?

Josie--Sorry that you are going through this difficult time. I'm thinking about you.

How many days until the RT???:D

Have a great day!
Gin

Gin, I think you will like S&H. This is one that I think I will love to hate. I did it for 3 weeks and I'm glad it's over because I don't see myself doing it for much longer. It is very tough mentally. The slow count and rests make the workout drag a bit, BUT it is so challenging and you know it's working. I have seen some definite changes in my arms since doing these. Also I was able to up my weight on the 3rd week for most of the exercises after being at the same weight for a long time. It is terrific for gaining strength. I think if I do a rotation of these again, I will split them up into a one body part per day rotation. It is a lot of mental work to get through a grueling 30 minutes for one body part then turn around and do it for another but if you're only doing it for 3 weeks like Cathe suggests, it's not so bad.

Hey, gals.

I did GS-Chest & Tri this morning for the first time. I had heard horror stories about that workout, so I was pretty conservative on my weights. My triceps will be a little sore tomorrow, I can tell. And--strangely-my intercostals are already feeling it. But I really think I could've gone a little heavier. So I'll know for next time. Definitely a tough workout!

I've joined the 7 days of clean eating check-in. I'm really at a healthy weight. But I want some wiggle room for my upcoming furlough. It's so easy to pig-out on furloughs. When you can't get Blue Bell ice cream for 2 years and then suddenly it's there on the shelf every time you go to the grocery, it's hard to eat in moderation. And you rationalize, "I won't be able to eat this 3 months from now. I better get all I want right now!" And suddenly that turns into 10 pounds of weight gain!

So, my goal for my furlough is to gain no more than 5 pounds. And my pre-furlough goal is to be EXACTLY the weight that I want to be. Right now I'm within 2 or 3 pounds of that. But that doesn't leave wiggle room. So, hopefully the clean eating check-in can jump start a couple pounds of weight loss. Then, hopefully, on furlough, I can maintain enough self-discipline not to gain a ton. It's also hard to workout consistently on furlough because we travel so much and aren't in our normal routine. Fortunately, I'll have the RT right at the beginning of the furlough and that'll be motivation to stay clean through the furlough. You girls can help keep me honest! :) Just tell me "Only ONE scoop of mocha almond fudge, girl!" ;)

So, today I ate very, very clean. It felt good.

See you tomorrow. It's off to bed for me now!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being away from the boards for so long. I've just been so incredibly busy, I haven't made the time to come over here the past couple of weeks. I won't even pretend to have caught up on all the posts I missed, but I did read through the past couple of days worth.

Josie - I am sorry to hear that you're having to go through a divorce. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Liann - I hope your knee is back to normal soon! So sad about the baby bunnies. . . . I would want to shoot that cat, too.

Vicki - Great job listening to your body and doing what it tells you. I am terrible about rest days myself.

Kara - That tree falling on your fire pit is too scary. Good thing you all were under shelter instead of sitting around it!

Tess - I'm with you on S&H. Great series, but it takes a lot of mental discipline to keep that pace for any length of time.

Gin - There are 74 days left until the RT.

Laura - Be careful what you ask for. We'll keep you honest, all right! }(

I'm following the May rotation right now and it's so nice to use all the premixes. I've been really bad about not using those - especially the weights ones. Yesterday was Kick Max Cardio Leg Sculpt and today was Body Max 2 Cardio Blast premix. OMG, what was Cathe thinking when she designed this rotation?!?!? My lower body is FRIED!! :eek: My glutes and hamstrings are absolutely on FIRE. x( And tomorrow's scheduled workout is Legs & Glutes Xtreme. }( I'm not sure I'll be able to walk to the computer to check in after that one!

Take care everyone!

Hello everyone.

I definitely blew my diet over the 3-day weekend:( I haved also been taking too many rest days (which is very unusual for me) due to injury and now a sinus infection. I started antibiotics today, so hopefully I will be up for some cardio tomorrow. Yesterday I managed to get through LoMax adding the blasts 2 times at the end. My body is definitely not feeling up for it today:(

Josie...I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck with restarting your February rotation:) Cathe always makes me feel better!

Liann...I am sorry to hear that Harvey is not doing well :( A few years ago I tried to save a baby bunny after a cat attacked it. Sadly, it did not end well. I like cats, but I did not like this one. I am glad you were there to help rescue and take care of him. I hope he can pull through. They are so cute aren't they:)

Vicki...I hope your 2 day rest allowed you to heal. BTW, you have me addicted to oatmeal with PB and chocolate PP. I also add wheat germ and flax seed. It keeps me full for hours, and is so yummy :9

Kara...glad to hear no one was injured on your camping trip. I hope you enjoyed your day off:)

Tess...Good job finishing S&H. I like that series, but I can't motivate myself to reach for it longer than a week at a time.

Gin...Stretch Max sounds more my pace for today. Maybe I will give it a try. Hope you enjoyed it!

LauraR...I ALWAYS have DOMS after GS CT!! Good Luck with your clean eating check-in. I think I need to start one of those myself--my beach trip is getting closer and closer :eek:

Mona...the premixes are a nice change of pace aren't they? I did L&G Xtreme premix a few weeks ago. I did it in the morning, and my legs were shaking the rest of the day!! I also had very sore hamstrings for a few days thanks to those one-legged deadlifts! What a great workout!!

I hope you all have a great rest of the day!!

Good morning ladies...

Geez is that long weekend over already. Today is my eighth anniversary and my husband did the thing that he always does for me on valentines day and our anniversary....go to step class with me. I love it when he comes with me but he won't do it anymore except on these special occassions. He used to go all the time but then some small minded idiot made fun of him in the base gym and he stopped going. Totally sucks as it was so fun and he was good at it. MEN.

Anyway we went to class together this am and then I did the upper portion of body max tonight.

Nutritionals

B. 2 boiled eggs (1/2 yolk), strawberries
S. none
L. veggie pizza on wheat crust
D. two soft chicken tacos (only ate chicken from middle), 12 tortilla chips

Thanks for inspiring me today although if you could start inspiring my diet more I would appreciate it.

KIM ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.