RT - Thursday, June 7

Liann

Cathlete
Goodmorning ladies! Can you believe it is June 7th already? Last night I had the wierdest dream about the road trip! I dreamed that I couldn't find any of you all! :( We all had name tags on and I didn't recognize any of the names. I was running around frantic trying to find someone I knew. Then, instead of being at the real gym, we were at some high school gym and we were playing volleyball instead of doing step. Cathe was right there with us. Oh and the last day of the roadtrip Cathe had something else to do and left Brenda to run the classes. Phew, I almost woke up screaming! ;)

Crazy dream aside, I did Slow & Heavy Biceps & Triceps last night. I also did the abs section from Butts and Gutts and threw in some push-ups for good measure. My arms are not very happy with me at the moment! Tonight it will just be some step and cardio on the bike.

Anyone else's allergies driving them nuts right now? I had to stop my workout like 10 times last night to run and get tissues. :( The pollen around here is terrible!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! The weekend is right around the corner!!! :)

Hi Liann -

Allergies are crazy right now. My throat being sore is keeping me from sleeping! GRRRRR!! Plus during my workouts, my ears will clog up and I can hear myself breathing. I find that very annoying!!

Last night's workout was Pyramid Lower Body. I was able to increase my weights and it was a good workout. My glutes are screaming at me today!!!
Tonight's agenda calls for 40 minutes of cardio. I'll probably do about an hour on the stationary bike. It'll be a nice change.

Dreams are definitely weird, aren't they? Since we've been doing all that talk about getting lost and the A-Team plan - I'm sure that's what brought your dream about...

Have a great day everyone!

Dianne

Morning everyone!

Today is an hour of cardio, with Squeeze upper body.

Lara- I really like the Squeeze workout. My upper body was screaming at me for 3 days after that workout. But- I am a results oriented person..so if I don't see any in a few weeks, out the door it will go :)

Lianne, sorry about your allergies :( We need some rain to get rid of all this pollen.

Hi Dianne:)

Hope everyone has a great day.

Michelle

Hi all!

Liann: what a dream! Not to worry, we'll all be there waiting for you and hopefully we don't have to play volleyball because I really stink at it!

Just a quick check in right now... I have to go with a friend to see her daughter who is in the hospital. I want to go get a work out in first. I am going to take a 5 mile walk then come back and do just the combo's from KM. Tonight I teach cardio/sculpt.

Eating has been okay considering my PMS... I am craving carbs like crazy but trying really hard not to overdo it. Also, I have totally given up protein bars and wow... I can't believe that I feel like I lost a pound or two. I know that they should only be used once in a while and as I had mentioned in earlier posts, I was getting pretty carried away with them. I also realized that I wasn't necessarily replacing meals with them, I was just eating them as extras. So, I am eating the same amount minus the bars and I guess just cutting out those calories has done my body some good!

To all who follow, have a great day! I'll BBL...

Morning trippers.

Liann, what a dream. I love volleyball, though, so I'd be happy.

Dianne, sorry about your allegies. I have hot flashes keeping me awake. Are you doing the June rotation? I did PLB yesterday and feel a nice quite ache in my hammies.

Vicki, I try to limit how much of any kind of "bar" I eat. They may be full of protein, fiber, and other good stuff, but they seem high in calories too.

Michelle, I hear people saying good things about the Squeeze workout. I'm holding out for Cathe's new DVD's before I order anything else new. I still have a new-to-me Jari Love workout I haven't done yet!

Today's workout is supposed to be 40 min steady state on the treadmill. I don't have a treadmill and could go running, but I'm not sure if I'm up to running 40 min after giving blood on Monday. I may just do a step workout. I'll have to see how I feel after work.

Hi Robbin -

Yes I'm doing the June rotation. Increasing my weights really had my heart rate up there during the leg presses! WHEW!!!!

Sorry to hear about your hot flashes keeping you awake. Sleep is soooo under rated isn't it? I usually get to bed around 9:00. We get up at 5:00 at my house so that way if I spend any amount of time tossing and turning or not sleeping for some reason or another, I'll at least get 6 hours of sleep!
I thought you were supposed to need less as you get older, but apparently I'm not find that to be the case!!!

Tonight I'll probably ride the stationary bike for my 40 minutes of cardio. We're supposed to hit 90 degrees here today so a run outside is out of the question!

I have the Squeeze workout. I've done segments of it twice. I like it. Some great variations of old exercises. The only problem I've found is that her counting gets on my nerves because she doesn't keep the same rhythym. UGH!!!

Have a great day!
Dianne

Good Morning RTers!
I haven't posted this week at all. Today I did L&G floorwork and then B&G Leg Blast and it should had been called BurnMax. that Leg blast premix is like Groundhog Day reapeating all tose exercises over and over!!}(

Liann--Your dream make me laugh. I do like to play volleyball. So that would be fun. Sorry about the allergies.

Dianne--Enjoy your bike ride.

Michelle--I am also curious about the Squeeze, but already have too many workouts.

Vicki--Good for you for giving up the protein bars. I like them too.

Robin--Sorry about the hot flashes. I don't have them, but I do get the occasional night sweats. How old are you? I will be 48 in August right after our RT.

Have a great day!
Gin

Hi everybody! Haven't checked in for a while, wanted to say hello!

I'm doing the June rotation so it's 40 minutes of cardio for me tonight. PLB last night....ouch!! Went heavier on weights and I sure can feel it, yeah!!!

Allergies sure are driving me crazy too! I mainly get stuffy and headaches. I feel for all of you that have them too!

Wouldn't it be terrible to get to Cathe's gym and it be the wrong weekend????x( How many are looking at their calendars right at this minute?:7

Have a good one! Workout hard, eat clean and be happy!!!:D

Hi everyone. Wow what a horrible dream. I am sure we will all have some more funny dreams to share as we get closer to the RT. Sounds like everyone is doing good. Vicki, awesome job on the protein bars. Michelle, keep us posted on the Squeeze workouts. My parents will be in town tomorrow so if you girls don't see me for awhile it's because I'm entertaining mom and dad. We've got some fun things lined up like a trip to the GA Aquarium and a Braves game Sunday night. Should be fun. Have a good one.

T

Yay! I managed to do 40 min steady state run, give or take a minute or two. I feel pretty beat up, but pretty pleased with myself. See you all tomarrow.

Hello everyone.

I am up late getting packed for the beach. I am completely exhausted because I have not sat down until now. Tonight was Cardio Fusion Mix and Match. I wanted to get in one last "kick butt" workout before leaving. If I can wake up early enough, I plan to get on the TM with an iTread. I figure I can nap in the car tomorrow when I am not on the driving shift.

Michelle...Thanks for the review on Squeeze. I can't wait to try it on vacation.

We are going to the beach with 4 couple friends. We have never done this before. We either travel alone, or with family. I think it will be fun, but I feel my friends will think I am crazy for trying to workout on vacation. I plan to walk or run in the mornings and I am taking some of Cathe's DVDs (and Squeeze) for weights. I think my bf will roll his eyes at me for taking 4 sets of weights. He is already giving me a hard time for taking tons of clothing, shoes, etc. I just tell him he is not a woman, therefore he does not understand:)

I will try to check in while away. We will be gone until next Saturday. Have a great Friday everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.