RT - Thursday, June 14 (PAY DAY)

Liann

Cathlete
Well, at least it is pay day for me. ;) If only it wasn't spent before I even get it. :(

I did not do the S&H legs routine last night because I was feeling strong and decided to go for GS C&T. And yes, I finally made it through all of my push-ups on my TOES!!! Yippee!!!! I was completely FRIED for the rest of the workout, but I really feel like I accomplished something. My arms were shaking the rest of the night and I can tell I am going to have some serious DOMS as the day goes on. Tonight I will get back to my schedule and focus on legs.

ONLY ONE MORE DAY UNTIL THE WEEKEND!!!

Good morning ladies,

I am finally back from Germany! I came back yesterday, since my flight was cancelled in Philly due to bad weather on Thuesday! We missed our flight to El Paso! We had to spent the night in a hotel in Phoenix. Not sure hwo pays for that, US Airways will not pay for that:( acording to customer service! I am really angry with US Airways, I will never fly with them again! I am still trying to get my money back! I am not giving up that easy!

I only gained 3.2 pounds in Germany! The food was so good!

I think I will start Cathe's rotation today! of course I have to double up!

Liann great job on your push ups!

Have a great workout and day! i will try to be back later!
Belinda

Hi ladies!

Liann - that is a great job on your pushups. Have fun with legs tonight!

Belinda - Sorry you had an unpleasant flight experience. :(

All is fine here. I watched a movie with DH last night instead of working out. I did do a walk with my neighbor yesterday morning though so at least I got something in. I think I will do either a gym style or PUB tonight, or maybe just cardio. We'll see. :)

Have a great day ladies.

Belinda - That is a real pain about your flights and the hotel room! I hope you are able to get them to pay the charges. :/

Tess - I say go with one of the Gym Styles tonight. ;)

Good MOrning ladies

Today I am doing Imax 3 which should be a killer. I need to work on my push-ups I am up to 15 in a row on my toes although my husband does not give my credit for any ofthem.

Belinda I love Germany a friend of my lives there and I have visited many times. Only draw back is I don't like beer and EVERYWHERE we went people would buy me this HUGE beers which I had to sip to be polite. Best dance clubs I have ever been to.

Nutritionals

B: Cottage cheese nuts and strawberries
S: Kashi
L: Grilled chicken sald
S: popcorn
D: Bookclub but I am bringing a salad...Cathe is coming up got to focus...

KIM

Hey fellow RT's!

Just a very quick check in right now... can we say PROCRASTINATION?
Yup, that's me right now and I need to get my butt ( literally) working out ASAP so I can get on with my day. I had someone here this morning that I train and it's now 11:00, I have a full day ahead and I need to get motivated!! I do teach class tonight but I need to do an upper body workout. I'm thinking LIC since I'm not in the mood for a real heavy duty UB day.

Okay, one, two, three.... here I go....

I still haven't moved.

Okay, going now...;)

Happy Thursday! It’s almost Friday!

Robin—Was it YOUR birthday or just someone in your office? Were you taking yourself out shopping for your birthday? Imax 2 . . . hey, didn’t you just do Imax 3? This must be your week for the Imaxes!

Vicki—Yeah for the progress in your class. How rewarding both for them and for you! Do you buy your naturally more PB in a health food store? I’ll have to look for that when we get to the States next month.

Gin—Yeah for you cleaning out your closets. We always do that before we leave for furlough, so I’m starting the process myself. It always feels good to leave my house organized. When I come back in Jan, I won’t come back to the same mess. BTW, what is a threadclimber? Not having access to a good gym, I don’t know all these machines!

Tess—Welcome back. I’ve missed your cheery posts. Glad you had a good visit with your folks. I didn’t know you were a CPA. I sometimes wish I had at least some basic classes in it. Here on the field, you end up being like a small business manager at times! Yikes.

Mona—I LOVE Low Max. It’s possibly my all time favorite Cathe workout, though naming just one is of course impossible. I’ve never done all the blasts together. Wow. That would be a leg burner! I think I would’ve opted for doing it straight through, too!

Heather—I like the new scripture in your tag line. Very appropriate!! Since you’re just an hour and a half from Ft. Worth, maybe you can drive over to see Gin and me after the RT and we can have a reunion!

Belinda--Sorry about the flight! I am about to do TONS of flying and hope that the flights go smoothly since we'll have 3 kids in tow!

Liann--WTG!!! on your push-ups. Wow. I am in awe!! You're way ahead of me now, girl!

I definitely have DOMS (my first time to officially use that abbreviation!) after GS:BBS, but not bad. I’ll be doing that workout again.

Today was MIC. I’d never done it before. (I think that’s the last of my untried workouts.) I had been dreading this one, and all I can say is, “Wow.” I liked it pretty well, even though it’s an older one.

Well, more dinner guests tonight (it’s visitor season here in Africa!), so I have to run.

Laura

Laura - I really like MIC, but I'll admit I'm usually dead after the floor work. Endurance is not my middle name! You'll be able to do those toe push-ups for GS C/T in no time! I went from only being able to do 5 total on my toes (and that KILLED ME) to being able to do them all in just 2 months. I just kept doing them on my knees and building my arm muscle and then made doing 15 my goal. After reaching that, I made 2 sets of 15 my goal and so on. I was doing some major grunting last night though and taking longer breaks that Cathe was. And I definitely will not be doing my before bed push-ups tonight - owie. My arms are SORE! Have fun with your dinner party!!! :)

Good Morning Ladies:)
Ended up doing Supersets 75 min premix last night. Today might be MIC or Cardio Fusion cant decide. Anyone have this problem I'm doing more endurance cardio this month because my muscles where getting to big where my clothes where getting to tight expecially my lower body.
Thanks for any comments
Randi

Hi trippers.

Liann, good job with the push ups. I used to be able to do them with very long rests in between. I don't know if I still do them or not.

Belinda, I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting home. I don't think the airline will pay for anything if it was due to the weather. I'm glad you had such a tiny weight gain. You'll lose that in no time.

Tess, sometimes you just need an unplanned rest day. I took one yesterday too. What movie did you watch? Thanks for the heads up on the RT info thread. I would have missed it. Another reason to be excited.

Kim, my DH doesn't give me credit for push ups either. He says I don't go low enough. I say he goes too low.

Laura, congratulations on the DOMS! Yes, yesterday was my birthday, along with a co-worker who calls me her birthday buddy. I'm following Cathe's June rotation, which calls for both IMAX 2 & 3 in the same week. Not my idea! I skipped it and had cake instead, but may do it Sunday.

Vicki, looks like you got going!

Hi Randi. My muscles never get that big. It's always fat that makes my clothes tight.:(

I plan on doing one of the PS upper body workouts this evening. I have a whole lot of errands to run after work too. Have a good one.

Hi again:)
I did MIC that is so intense love it! Now that i've been doing more endurance cardio workouts i am getting a little bit smaller as far as muscles go. I think i was sticking to gym style and slow and heavy to long and not enough cardio:( If that make since.
Have a good day
Randi

Road Trip Check-in

This was a delightful day! I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and have been bursting with energy all day! After my Bible study, I blasted off this glorious day with Step, Jump, & Pump. This is one of my all-time favorite circuit training workouts. It is fun, fun, fun with some of my favorite step choreography. The power jigs make me super happy. I smiled during the whole workout this morning! I was so thankful to have enough energy to enjoy it once again. I am a hi-lo lover at heart, and this workout features some of Cathe’s best floor aerobics. I adore all the pivots and turns. I love the music too as well as the bright colors of the outfits.

I stepped on the scale this morning for a mid-month progress check. My weight is holding steady at 220 pounds, but my measurements are smaller. PMS time is just around the bend, so I am not upset about the number on the scale.

This was the first day of my new way of eating. I reviewed my journals and discovered that I had the most energy when I was eating 3 small meals and 2 snacks every day. Earlier this year, I stopped packing my morning snack because I reasoned that I could live without it and save the calories. I feel better physically and mentally when I eat every few hours. My goal is to eat 80 percent clean. That translates to one treat a day. This is a better approach for me than a “cheat day” every week. I am still planning to choose treats that offer some nutritional value like organic granola bars made with no junk ingredients. I started reading The Energy Edge by Pam Smith and decided to enjoy a fruit appetizer before lunch and a fruit appetizer before dinner. Pam encourages people who are prone to fatigue in the afternoon to eat this way. I am not sure why it works, but it does. My energy was consistently high all afternoon, which is very unusual for me. After skimming through The Serotonin Power Diet at the bookstore earlier this week, I decided to eat carbs for my afternoon snack unaccompanied by protein. I have successfully used this approach in the past to break free from seasonal depression. Protein and fat both interfere with the serotonin-boosting power of carbs. The theory behind this way of eating is that the increase in serotonin produces a calming effect and bridles emotional eating.

All that to say, I feel amazing. My energy is still soaring tonight. I ate half of an organic banana before my morning workout. With the fruit appetizers, I ending up eating 8 times today! I just analyzed my menu to ensure that my calories were not way over the top, and I was delighted to discover that my calories and ratios were right on target. This is what I blessed my body with today:

Pre-Workout Snack: half of an organic banana

Breakfast: half of an organic banana, steel-cut oatmeal (steamed), natural honey roasted peanut butter

Morning Snack: organic bake-dried sweet cherries, raw almonds

Pre-Lunch Appetizer: strawberries

Lunch: potato (baked), cottage cheese, cucumber slices in raw vinegar

Afternoon Snack: donut peach, organic cinnamon granola bars

Pre-Dinner Appetizer: watermelon

Dinner: romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cucumber slices, organic kidney beans, organic eggs (boiled), homemade honey mustard dressing (raw honey, yellow mustard), Ryvita fruit crunch crispbread

1,740.0 calories
60 percent carbohydrates/18 percent protein/22 percent fat
42.2 grams of fiber
1,009.5 milligrams of sodium

I discovered natural honey roasted peanut butter in the dairy case at HEB this week. Yummy! It is very smooth and creamy and does not need to be stirred since it is refrigerated at the store.

My hope is to reach my goal weight of 130 pounds by July 4, 2008 (which will be the 5-year anniversary of my fitness journey). I am hoping to be below 200 pounds by the Road Trip. I am hitting my stride with my workouts, and this is more than possible! All things are possible!

I was looking forward to a refreshing water workout tonight to wrap up this lovely day. I prayed for the storm to pass so I could get in the pool. When the sun started peeking through the storm clouds, I drove the club and listened to a Beth Moore CD on Christian fitness. She was talking about the glory of God, and I was delighted to crest a hill and see a breathtakingly beautiful rainbow that arched over the whole city. It was very symbolic. Not only did it remind me of my first day as a believer as well as a glory-filled weekend in Mobile, Alabama, but rainbows represent the promise of a new beginning. I started over this month after hitting a rough patch and stumbling last month. This rainbow is a picture of God’s faithfulness and a beautiful visual reminder to keep pressing on and persevering because there is glory on the other side of the storm:

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1120/3778596/15924682/259742419.jpg

I jogged in the pool tonight and enjoyed a spectacular sunset. Glory! I am ready to enjoy a bubble bath and a restful night of sleep. Have a blessed Friday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.