RT Mon. 6/4

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Hi all... what happened yesterday? No check in? Sundays are tough. Well, I'll get us started...

Today is BG and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Tonight I teach Cardio/sculpt. Eating was okay last week until yesterday. I didn;t eat anything "bad", just ate a little more carbs than normal... I am blaming it on the PMS starting! Blasted hormones, AAAGH! So, this morning I feel kind of bloated. The humidity isn't helping much either. My mantra for today is " I will not be a slave to my PMS. I will eat clean. I will kick PMS's butt!" ( I'll let you all know who wins tomorrow ):7

Have a great day!!

Hi Vicki and all who follow.

Today is Pyramid Upper Body. Doing the June 2007 rotation that Cathe posted.

I'm having the same problems with the PMS and eating. I don't eat anything bad either I just eat too much good stuff. Portion Control! Portion Control!

Have a wonderful day!

Dianne

Good morning all!

Last week was one busy week! Work was crazy and then over the weekend we moved furniture. My mother passed away about a year ago and I'm just now getting her house cleared out to sell. It was a job. She had a lot of large, HEAVY, antique furniture. I am happy to have my piano back again though.

This morning I started Cathe's June 03 rotation with S&H legs & cardio of CTX S&I. I think I will really like this rotation. It's one body part a day plus cardio. Hoping it will move the scales some.

I did some catch up reading on the forums last night and just want to say to Vicki & Heather how inspiring your posts were. Thank you for sharing.

Also Liann, your scaly pets are beautiful!

Hi Dianne:D

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kara

Hi everyone! No time for personals this morning. This weekend was crazy. I painted our kitchen yesterday. We aren't completely done with it but we will work on it through the week. My parents are coming into town on Friday so it HAS to be done by then. Saturday was very stressful. My husband and I very rarely agree on colors. He tends to gravitate toward colors with an orange-ish undertone and mine are always green-ish undertones. I like earth tones and neutrals, but he prefers "colors." I was really pushing for sage green because I love the earthy, herbal colors for a kitchen. I thought it would be especially beautiful in there because there are huge windows along the breakfast nook to let some of the outside in. Anyhow, to make a long story short, after much heated debate, we compromised on a sort of flan/caramel colored paint. Well we got it on one wall and it was just awful. It looked orange and it clashed with our hardwood floors. So back to the drawing board. We went to Lowes and I picked up some kitchen books and after he saw pictures of some sage green, tan, and creamy butter colored kitchens - he agreed that something like that would be fine. So we bought quarts of all three and ended up going with the sage green. He ended up pulling his calf muscle early in the day coming down from the ladder so he was out of commission all day long. So I painted most of it by myself and it is absolutely gorgeous. He really likes it too so it worked out, but MAN I am exhaused today. So that was my weekend and of course, I had to have a brownie sundae last night to reward myself for all the hard work. :)

Hope you ladies have a great day and hopefully I'll get back later for personals.

Hey Tess: I'm glad the sage green won out! Of course you were right!! I mean, men choosing paint colors... sheesh!! Ouch on his calf muscle. I can so relate because I did that a few weeks ago and it is just healed now. It really stinks!! Tell him I hope he feels better. Be back later.

Oh, Kara: Thanks so much for your kind words. Posting was kind of tough but turned out to be the best thing. It really opened up some good dialogue!

Hey Tess,

I also wanted to tell you I saw your post that you like sci-fi RPGs. I think you are the only other person I have met that likes them. My friends think I'm nuts! I also don't have much time for them anymore. They have a tendency to consume huge chunks of time, but I love the Final fantasys & Zelda's especially.

Glad to hear you got your color of choice for the kitchen:)

Kara

Hi ladies! The weekend was so busy with house work, laundry, gardening, etc... that I wasn't on the boards too much. I think I am going back to the Slow and Heavy series this week. Just feel in the mood for it and I really think I see good results from that series.

Vicki - I was fighting PMS all last week along with horrible headaches (they come with the PMS). I have a very hard time making myself do cardio on those PMS weeks and eating well..ha! Hopefully, you are able to kick PMS's butt for the both of us!

Dianne - Have fun with Pyramid UB!

Kara - My scaly pets thank you for the compliment! I have actually been relieved not to receive any "hate" mail in regards to those pictures. Some people can get really mean about it and call you a freak, wierdo, you name it for being interested in reptiles. I do not breath a word about it to anyone at work! ;)

Tess - Glad you were able to finally agree on sage for your kitchen! I feel your pain. It is a STRUGGLE deciding on colors with my husband. It often takes weeks of debate. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Hi fellow trippers. Sorry I've been MIA here lately. I didn't have time while on vacation to post in all of my "usual" places. Since we've been back, it's been kind of busy. I'm starting Cathe's June rotation, but because I've committed to give blood this afternoon, I started it yesterday with PUB and will take my rest day today. I've joined up with the clean eaters challenge and it has helped me get back into the swing of things since the eat-whatever-you-want days of vacation. Luckily, I only gained a couple pounds and they are gone now.

Yea for sage green! I wish I had a better eye for color and design.

Liann, where do all of your critters live? Do you have a special room for them all, or are they scattered through out the house? Kind of scary for a guest - LOL.

Kara, I dread the day when my mother's house will have to be emptied. She lives about 8 hours away from me, and the whole country away from my sister. It will be a huge chore deciding what to keep, what to get rid of and how to do both.

That is Sydney. ;) I have a beardie named Dundee too. They come from Australia, so hence the Aussie names. :)

Wow Liann! That is some setup. Do you do tours? My DS would love (LOVE) to see your critters. He had at one time hoped to work at Clyde Peeling's Reptiland, which is just a couple miles away from us. My co-worker, birthday buddy wants to know where the mice are? Hey, nudge, nudge.

Lol, I'll take some better pictures and put together a little virtual tour for you Roadtrippers. ;)

Hello.

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi." I've been a little under the weather the past 2 days. Not totally sick, but no energy and a scratchy throat, so I haven't worked out. I've tried to eat clean to compensate (was already on the clean eating checkin), but even that's hard when you don't feel great. Last week was a busy, stressful week for DH, so we were both worn out. I think fatigue and stress contributed to the mild illness. I think I did well not to totally come down with a cold.

Liann, my DS (7) would love your reptilian friends, too. We have LOTS of geckos here. I don't know if they're really a reptile or not. But they live in our houses (on the walls and in the ceilings). They eat mosquitos, so we don't chase them off. DS loves to catch them and walk around with them. Then I encourage him to release them so they can keep on eating our bugs. So, we don't formally keep reptiles, but we do have lots of geckos, and even quite a few lizards, around. The snakes we chase off or even (ahem) kill, because so many of them are cobras. We don't wait to see if it is or isn't a cobra. (Some are worse.) So our kids and workers have strict instructions about the snakes. But the other reptiles are welcome.

Vicki and Heather, I just want to say thank you to both of you for being brave enough to share something of yourselves over in OD. When I first started reading these forums years ago, I was often intimidated by people eating super clean and lifting humongo weights. It was open, honest, real people like the two of you that made me want to join in the discussions. I haven't been where the two of you have been, but I have my own struggles. Of course, we all do--have struggles of one kind or another. Thanks for your beautiful testimonies. You have blessed me.

I'm going to rest one more day. Tomorrow was supposed to be some kind of total body weights, but I'm going to hold off for Wednesday and sleep in tomorrow. Need the rest more than exercise.

Happy Monday to you.

Laura

Laura - Hope you feel better soon! Definitely take care of yourself so it doesn't develope into anything! :)

Hey, if I had cobras hanging around, I'd be killing them first and asking questions later too. No messing around with those! I know of people who actually keep "hots" (venemous snake slang) as pets and I think they have a deathwish!

I always wondered how people double posted... Now I know! Too fast on the trigger finger. ;)

Road Trip Check-in

After my quiet time yesterday morning, I had a blast with Step Works. I love, love, love this workout from the fun warm-up to the funky cool-down. Figures 8s are among my favorite moves, so I was delighted when Cathe included them. I had fun with the first combination, but I was really flying high during the second combination with the power mambos and the full circle turns. Cathe’s creative choreography makes this workout an hour of non-stop fun. I love the fast pace with just enough teaching time of the combinations. It is not dancy, but it is full of fun moves. Step Works is definitely in the same league with my beloved Rhythmic Step. It is just as much fun and much more intense.

Sharing my picture was a good move. I feel so much freer now. I am finally reaching a place of being comfortable in my own skin. There is something so empowering about facing your fears. Cathe’s step choreography is not a problem for me, and I do not hesitate to modify her impact when needed. I have nothing but positive feelings about the Road Trip now. The anxious part of having people see me for the first time has been conquered, so I can relax and enjoy the journey.

After my quiet time this morning, I did the Kick, Punch, & Crunch/Legs and Glutes premix that combines the kickboxing drills with standing leg work and abs. I was never wild about Legs and Glutes on VHS, but I really enjoyed this workout.

I went to my friend’s cardio boot camp class after work. It was super challenging tonight. I was tired for some reason, but I modified and made it through the whole class.

Kara and Laura, thank you for the kind words.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.