RT Checkin Weds May 2

Good moring ladies,

todays workout is Kick Max "Low Impact Kickbox"! Maybe I will add Abs!

Yesterday evening I ended up doing more PS Back/ Biceps & Abs! I have so much fun with PS series!

Hope you all have a great workout and day!
Belinda

Hi ladies! I haven't posted here for a while.

I'm doing the May rotation. Was behind a day so me and Catheite friend decided to challenge one another to do Monday/Drill Max Cardio & upper body and Tuesday/KM Low Impact Kickbox last night! Worked out nicely if you have the time.

Trying to eat better - I do ok for awhile - then I allow myself that cheat day, so then I cheat for 3 or 4 days.....what's a woman to do?;-)

Our roadtrip is getting closer and closer!!!!:7

Hola Ladies,

I did part 45 minutes of Drill Max this morning and plan to do Step Fit this afternoon. I need to do more weights. I just keep puting it off. SIGH!!

Anyway, nutritional this morning

B: 2 slices of lite bread and little PB, Apple
S: Sunflower Seeds, 2 thin mints
L: Lean Cusine pizza, baked chips, Apple
S: Apple
D:

KIM

Good afternoon everyone!

Last night I did PLB and PUB except for the abs. It was actually not as hard as I was afraid it would be. I just couldn't face the roll-ins and pikes right before dinner, so I wimped out at the end. This morning I was up bright and early - took a quick 2 mile run, did those abs (I survived!) and then did Stretch Max 2.

Liann - I'm so glad I remembered right about that song. This morning, it was on the radio when I got in the car and I made a fool of myself laughing hysterically at it in front of my lawn service.

Josie - Thanks for the recipe - it looks really yummy!!

Belinda - Count me in as a fan of the PS series, too. I'll have to work those into my June rotation somehow.

Tina - Great job catching up on your rotation. I enjoy working out at both ends of the day when I can make the time.

Kim - Any ideas on why you keep putting off the weights? Is there a dread factor for you or do you just love your cardio workouts?

Hey Ladies....

Today I did P90X Shoulders and Arms. I really like the change in workouts. Although sometimes Tony can be a little cheesey.

I also entered all my food for the day into fitday. Getting control of my diet is the hard part for me.

Hi ladies! My eating has been in order for the past two days, but it's been hard! I've been pms'ing and I want to eat everything in sight! :) No work out for me again today. This work schedule has been making it almost impossible to sneak one in. I get home so late that I'm too tired to get up in the morning and then too swamped during the day to sneak a lunch break at the gym. I plan to get a full body weight workout in tomorrow though and then hopefully I can start on a rotation next week. If all goes well, I will be quitting this second job soon, so that will open up more time for some workouts (priorities!).

Mona - Glad you got a good laugh out of the lyrics! :) I'll have to do a search and save them before I forget them. Will have to put it in a scrap book with a picture of Dakota (the "inspiration" for the remix). ;) I feel like such a slacker reading your workouts yesterday and today. I feel like a blob having not worked out since Monday. :(

Belinda - Have fun with Kick Max today! I love the PS series too. I will have to make a note to add that in in one of the upcoming weeks. I am going to be using Cathe's April rotation with a few modifications.

Tina - I hear you on the cheat days! I've been having cheat weekends lately. I feel like a blimp by the time Monday comes around and then I start to panic because I realize my time for losing the last few pounds before the RT is slipping away!

Kim - I'm the opposite, I have to force myself to do cardio and let up on the weights. Cardio coach has really helped me embrace cardio though. Maybe coach Sean needs to put together a "Weight Coach" series! :)

Jacque - Glad you survived "cheesey" Tony today! :) I'll have to look into fitday.com

p.s. You know you are in full pms mode when you refer to yourself as "slacker, blimp, & blob" all in one post!!!

Hi all. I went to the chiropracter today and had my first ever adjustment. I am going back tomorrow. I really enjoyed it! I have been having lower back issues for about a year now. It turns out I have some disk degeneration in my lower back, more than he would expect for someone my age. It usually only hurts in the morning and evening when I am doing some of the trickier abdominal exercises.

Last night's workout was Power Max. I think I finally have this one down. I've done it 4 times and so I've got the moves learned now, all except for the final part of the last combination. Too many turns LOL. Oh well, next week I'll move on to Step Works. Tonight will be MIS or Muscle Max again.

Belinda - I have one more week of PS in my rotation. I love this series too.

Tina - I have to have one cheat day also or I go crazy and end up blowing the whole thing. It's too tough to be that rigid ALL the time.

Kim - Great job with Drill Max. I love that workout.

Mona - I always dread roll ins and pikes too. They are tough for me because of my back issues. Great job on doing PLB AND PUB!!

Did I miss Josie's recipe somewhere?? Didn't see it in yesterday's thread.

Jacque - diet is the hardest part for me too. :(

Liann - you sound like I felt last week. PMS stinks.

Have a great day everyone.

T

Hi gals. I'm so sporadic with my checkins but I do at least read it once every day. This morning I did three IMAX3 intervals followed by Kick Max Challenge, then GS biceps.

Funny story, over the weekend I was putting my running shoes on and looked at my heartrate monitor. It read something like 43. I was feeling all smug because it's normally closer to 50 (woohoo I must be really fit LOL!). Well about 1/4 mile into my run I looked at it again and it was reading 49. Sooo not right, should have been more like 135 at that point. Reality hit, it dawned on me that the battery must have died on the transmitter. I replaced the battery yesterday so I'm back in business. No more 43's. For my whole 4 mile run on Saturday it said I burned all of 55 calories.

Tina: Welcome back. I too have been doing a cheat day once a week for a long time. I had let it get out of hand because I was too rigid with myself the rest of the week. On cheat days I'd eat just about everything in sight. Slowly I've been allowing myself a bit more calories during the week so that I don't go so crazy on cheat day. It seems to work a little better for me now.

Kim: I'm like you, I just love my cardio. It's been really hard for me to cut back on cardio for my current rotation. Getting the right balance of cardio and weights has always been a challenge.

Jacque: I really want to buy P90X but have been putting it off. I have so many videos now that I haven't even done yet. Even though DH doesn't say anything, I feel bad spending so much $$ on my exercise habit sometimes!

Liann: Good job with the eating. It's a wonder you can get any workouts done with two jobs. I don't know how you do it!

Mona: Well it's a good thing you didn't try pikes after dinner. Those are best done on an empty stomach! Here's a happy face for you for making it up the next morning---->:D

Evening ladies!

This morning I did my first IMAX in it's entirety (the original). Did it on a 4" step and modified because I was scared and to be kind to my knees. It went well and will definitely use a 6" next time. Tennis class was rained out again tonight. That's the bad thing about spring class is you always has so many makeups to fit in.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Kara

>TK, have you been to Kohls recently for exercise wear? I'm
>hoping to get a gift card for Kohls on Mother's Day. ;)

Phyllis: Aside from my new sport bras, I haven't gotten any new exercise wear from Kohl's lately. Unfortunately for my wallet, Kohl's is close enough to my work that I can shop there during my lunch hour. I go there a lot!

Road Trip Check-in

Good evening, Road Trippers! The stress at work is finally calming down, but this is just the eye of the storm. Next week will most likely be a busy one trying to get ahead of deadlines so I can take off and enjoy the weekend with Mom and her husband. I am looking forward to a vacation.

I blasted off May yesterday morning with the Low Max step premix followed by the Muscle Max upper body push pull premix. This morning, I enjoyed the Kick Max boot camp challenge premix (which is my favorite way to do Kick Max).

I have not been to the club this week to jog in the pool. Rebecca and I were planning to go tonight, but a wild storm hit Central Texas after work. We went to Cotton Patch instead and had a nice conversation. Both of us have had a very stressful week so far. A jog in the pool would have been more refreshing, but the pool was closed tonight. Dinner with a friend and laughter is a good stress reliever too!

I went to the grocery store after dinner to pick up a few things. The heavens opened, and the parking lot flooded in a matter of minutes. I learned that my Asics running shoes are great for running, but they are not waterproof or at least not flood proof! My socks were soaking wet when I finally got home and took off my shoes. Of course, I had to run through a “river” of water. The bottom few inches of my jeans are still wet.

I wish I could report that I have been clearing a lot of clutter out of here. I need to discipline myself to get it done Friday night and Saturday. Rebecca is coming over Sunday morning to help me haul the stuff out of here.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Road Trip Check-in

Hello.

Today was DM Cardio+upper body and KM Low impact kickbox (minus the leg drills). I am doing B&G tomorrow, and I wasn't sure if I could make it through the floor work after doing the leg drills today. Maybe I will add them on to B&G tomorrow.

Tina...I think we had the same idea. I had never done either of these premixes before. It was a good workout.

Liann...I hope all goes well so you can quit your second job and have more time for working out!! We have similar priorities!! I know what you mean about cheat weekends...I have had several of those lately...and time is ticking away
:(

TK...All of that hard work for 55 calories...LOL.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.