RT Check In - Wednesday

ivorygorgon

Cathlete
Good morning. Hope I am not double posting. I didn't see the thread, but, well, you know how that goes.

Last night was one of the new CIAs - All Body Attack. I thought it was ok on first run through, but I did find Sharon a bit hard to follow. She really didn't cue the drills very well and I spent a good part of the time watching her trying to figure out what the heck she was doing. She also did a lot of fast feet moves, which aren't my favorite. I will have to do this a few times, but I am thinking it might go on the trade pile.

We are headed up to Washington State this weekend. We leave tomorrow night. Dh's father has a retirement lunch on Friday and we are going to spend the weekend. My brother lives a bit north so we will jot up there to see him. Should be a decent weekend, although short on workouts.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Ladies
Last night did Gym style shoulders and back. This morning was Kick Max low impact timesaver and KPC punching and kicking combos plus abs.
Have a good day everyone:)
Randi

Hi everyone. Bekki thanks for the review of Sharon's CIA. I had actually thought about getting this one. Maybe I will wait for now (at least until it comes to DDD).

Last night was Muscle Max. I skipped the biceps because they were still sore from PS the other night ago. I also skipped the abs because my lower back was acting up and the ab work on this one freaks my back out when it's like this. I went for deep stretches instead. Tonight will be Power Max and my eating will be back on track today. I derailed a little yesterday with some McD's. I rarely eat there so I don't know what got in to me. Sometimes I get weird cravings around TTOM so I'll blame it on that.

Have a great day everyone.

Wow, can't believe I am third person posting this late in the day. Well one success was I went to my friend's b-day party last night and did not have CAKE. I choose the freshly picked strawberries instead and felt good about it. YIPEE

Okay, I am going to do DrillMax AGAIN..I know but I really like it and want to get the moves down better.

B two slices of bread, PB, strawberries
S Kashi
L Salad with chicken
S popcorn
D BOOKCLUB...so open

We read The Thirteenth Tale for bookclub and it was very good if you are looking for a good read.

THANKS FOR INSPIRING ME TODAY

Good morning ladies,

todays workout is Cardio Fusion!

Randi have fun with KM and KPC!

Tess enjoy Power Max tonight!

Crabbyella enjoy Drill Max!

Ivoryoragon enjoy your weekend!

Off to my workout!

Have a great workout and day everone!

Belinda

Hello fellow RT's.

I just got back from teaching cardio sculpt. I am pretty sore today for some reason! I have a ballet class later today so I am going to go do some extra abs now and that will be the workout schedule for today.

I can't remember who it was, but someone a while ago here mentioned PB on Oatmeal... well, I just tried it and wow! The PB melts oh so nicely and it is YUMMY!! Not a good thing for my PB addiction...

Liann... funny, my workout schedule is very similar to yours and I share your views on the rotation thing. That is so cool you were a figure skater. So you still skate? I know at 40 ( almost 41) I still take dance classes and won't stop till my body gives up! It's what I've done since childhood.

ShellyC... congrats on the results of your race!!! Great job, I admire the running you do! You just seem like such an all around, great person!!

Kara... I am usually anal about everything... it's interesting that I'm not anal about a specific rotation. Now, I do have a specific routine ( like how many upper/lower body WO's, cardio's per week, etc.). Maybe I'll try a rotation one of these days. Do you follow any particular ones ( like from these boards?)

Belinda... Cardio Fusion is great! ( Huffs and puffs!!) Enjoy!

Bekki... I totally agree with your review of CIA. I tried it because of some of the reviews, but I was dissappointed. First of all, I am not at all put off by jumping, but her cardio is either all jumping or just really fast footwork. It was not enjoyable at all. I also was disappointed at the sculpting parts. I thought it would be more effective, but I didn't think the reps/weight was anything challenging.I thought it would be more heavy weight work. Not a favorite, I dont know exactly where I would use this in my routine.

Tess... OOOH, McD's... I haven't had it in 6 years since the weight loss. Hope you enjoyed some for me!! Hey, you do so well all the time that one time won't hurt. Of course it's because it's TTOTM!! What else could it be? LOL Hope you have a great day!! ( still no cell phone, still banging it to push the buttons, hopefully by the end of this week. Keep you posted!)

Kim... congrats on the no cake thing!! Strawberries are my favorites!

Okay, I've babbled long enough. Time for abs.

Have a wonderful day!

Hey, gals. I haven’t posted in a week because I’ve had no internet. I finally got on today and read a week’s worth of threads.

I said when I introduced myself that internet is a luxury here. Well, that’s for sure. Someone STOLE our phone line—actually cut the thing down for the whole street and took it! Strangely, it’s a pretty common reason for phone outages here. People cut them down and then sell them to make a little cash. Fortunately, cell phones are big here, so we don’t depend on the landline for most of our calls—just internet.

We do have running water, power, and phone/internet where I live in Africa, but they all go out quite commonly. So, we have a water storage tower to carry us through when the water goes off, a battery and inverter back-up system for when the power goes off, and for the phone, well, we’ve run around the corner to our neighbor’s to at least check email on our laptops. But there’s no way to sub for having the internet right in your house!

Today was a non-workout day for me.

BTW, here’s just a little more about my life in Africa. Most people have two stereo-typical pictures of Africa in their heads. One is the savannah—picture the set of the Lion King—vast, dry plains with scraggly acacia trees and clumps of bushy grash. The other is the tropical rain forest—jungle, bushy trees, snakes, etc. Both of those landscapes are in Africa, plus quite a few others.

Where we live is actually called SUB-tropical, which means lots of plants and trees, but not totally moist and humid like a real tropical rain forest. It’s very green and lush all the time, except for the 3 months of the year called “dry season.” It literally stops raining for 3 whole months. It’s really weird to hear rain again for the first time when the rains start again. You wouldn’t think you could forget what rain sounds like.

It’s a great place to live with kids because it’s basically summer year round. Typical temps of 85 all the time. Of course, with no central AC, that means 85 degrees INSIDE too. (We have a window unit for our room, which is how I survive a Cathe workout. That and 3 fans blowing on me!)

Well, I’m making up for being off for a week with a long post.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cardio. Rhythmic Step is on my schedule, but I may switch to Step Blast. I love the moves in RS, but I think I’m feeling up to more of a challenge.

Hello all,

Today is a busy day...so quick check in...
I did GS chest and triceps today with Cathe's bonus Cardio for the April rotation...OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!Last time I did this workout I had DOMS for 4 days!

Yesterday I did the ab section from BM2 for the first time and can I just ask...what the heck is with those balancing snow angel things????? I almost fell on my butt BEFORE I had to lift my leg up! UGH...I'll have to work on those!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Josie:)

Hello Everyone..

My check ins have been sort of spotty lately but I am going to try to check in more often.

Today I did P90X shoulders and arms. I had trouble getting into these workouts before but I am really enjoying the change. I do not like them as much as my Cathe's but I think I need a break from Cathe to make things seem fresh again. I am pushing myself a lot harder with the P90X workouts.

Have a nice day everyone.:)

Hi all. I haven't checked in in a while. It's just been so busy at work and at home lately. My workouts are still top priority for the day, though!. Last month I did a CTX style rotation - 30 minutes of cardio followed by a body part from the Gym Styles. I was thinking I should change my program but I have to say I'm getting results. I don't weigh myself anymore (made me crazy) but I've noticed my clothes are definitely looser and I see a little more definition. Even my belt went over one notch! So as they say, if the rotation is still giving you results, then stick with it. Well, that's what I'm going to do.

I don't have a lot of time right now for personals but just have one for QueenMeanie }( : I might be the person who mentioned PB in oatmeal. I know you are trying to fight that demon, so I'm so sorry! PB and cocoa in oatmeal is my favorite. It's about the only way I eat oatmeal anymore. My husband thinks I'm nuts but sometimes I eat it for dinner too. I like how it gets all melty in the center. Yum.:9

TK... I just want you to know that I read your comment and then went to login and I started to sign in as "Queenmeanie"!!!! Thanks!! LOL... anyway, I wanted to say that now that you mentioned cocoa in the oatmeal as well I am intrigued. I am going to have to try that tomorrow... sounds yummy!!

Phyllis... Anal is good!! ( I don't know exactly why, but hey, go with it!) LOL

G'night all :7

Hi ladies! Almost forgot to check in! Today I went to the gym and did Cardio Coach 3 on the Elliptical machine. LOVED it! I would definitely recommend Cardio Coach. Coach Sean is awesome. :)

I also have a little announcement to make - I made it through the night without eating one bread roll at work!!! That is a huge accomplishment for me. Instead, I am eating a healthy salad with some salmon crumbled on top. Much better than bread anyways. :)

Not much time for personals tonight, so I hope everyone had great workouts!!!

Phyllis - Unfortunately, I haven't been skating in about two years. I miss it so much, but do not live close to a rink now. If I went to a rink tomorrow though, I would still be able to do some of my jumps and get around on the ice pretty good. It's one of those things you do not lose completely. I wouldn't be out there doing doubles and triple jumps, but I could still pull off the singles. I am keeping my fingers crossed that a rink will open up near me someday soon!

Laura - I love hearing about your life in Africa. Very interesting!!! I hope you bring pictures to the RT!

Have a great evening everyone! :)

Road Trip Check-in

This was one of those days. Hell days I like to call them. Days like this have been piling up on me lately. I was tired last night but did not settle down until midnight. I was so ready for a restful night of sleep, but it was not to be. I did not sleep a wink last night. Why? So glad you asked. A couple of rowdy young men decided to have a shouting match between midnight and 3:00 a.m. outside my window! Did I mention that I hate obscene language? Hate it, hate it, hate it. I was tempted to grab a bar of soap and go outside and wash their mouths out with soap and choke them with the bar of soap while I was at it so I could get some sleep. They seemed violent, so I decided to pray instead. Very effective! I started praying, a big storm rolled in, and they left!

Since I could not sleep, I beat myself up for eating unclean yesterday. I was bloated and miserable all night. I started thinking about my mother’s upcoming visit in a few weeks and the Road Trip and how big my butt still is and was feeling like a total failure. Why oh why is it taking me so many years to shed this blasted fat?! Those negative tapes were playing over and over again in my head. I think the devil was having a party in and around my home. Out my house! Out my house! In the mighty name of Jesus!

I started reading Beth Moore’s new book this morning, which inspired me and made me laugh out loud. Yes, I am in a pit in more ways than one. Yes, I feel stuck. Yes, I want to get out. I love Miss Beth! I did my Breaking Free Bible study lesson and was fired up and ready for my beloved Kick Max boot camp challenge premix.

Kick Max was interesting to say the least. Cathe was green this morning. Yes, green. I thought I had a pickle juice hangover that was clouding my vision, which would have been better than the realization that my new TV (that I bought a little over a year ago) is on the fritz. The warranty expired last month, and this repair would cost more than I paid for the thing brand new! I did not budget for a new TV this month. My original TV was a 1991 model that was still going strong but did not connect to a DVD player, so I bought a new one last year expecting at least a few good years out of it. According to the guy at the repair shop, most TVs that were made after 1991 are junk and are built to survive the warranty period. I want to do some research before I invest in a new TV, so it looks like I will have to deal with pickle juice Cathe for a few more days. Thankfully, the sound is fine. But everything is neon green. Everything. It looks like viewing the world through green tinted glasses. On the bright side, I have another weapon if those rowdy men return tonight. That and my scale. I hate my scale the morning after succumbing to the lure of a giant pickle. I hate sodium bloat. I think I should hurl my scale and my green screen TV at the next hooligan who interrupts my sleep.

I was too tired to move today. My boss returned to the office after being out since last Thursday, and he was not in a good mood. Yes, it was hell day.

I like to end each day on a positive note. I went to the club tonight and jogged in the pool with Rebecca. She prayed over me, and I felt much better after her intervention. I picked out a new TV tonight that will not break the bank. It looks like an LCD TV is in my future. This one has a digital tuner and an analog tuner. I want to read a few reviews before I make a final decision, but the price is right. Everything is converting to digital eventually, so I will be prepared. After writing recently that I would not buy a new TV for Cathe’s digital downloads, here I am buying a new TV (but not by choice).

Speaking of new toys, I ordered my digital camera today! I am excited! It is time to call it a day.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.