RT Check in for Wed. June 20

bayerngirl

Cathlete
My workout for today is IMAX 3 and Slow and Haeavy Tri & Bi! I was to tired after my shopping trip to VS to do IMAX3:D

Yesterday I only did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back and Abs!!

Have a great workout and day everyone!
Belnda

HI Ladies
Great workout today and yesterday Belnda! Did you buy a lot a t VS?
Today I did Push Pull 80 min premix what a good solid workout:)
Have a great day ladies
Randi

Hi ladies!

Belinda - Hope you got a lot of really cool stuff! Sounds like you did. :)

Randi - awesome workout! I've been on the fence about SS/PP. I had it at one point but traded it. It just didn't click with me. Maybe I need to try it again...

Vicki - welcome back girl! I was thinking about you. Glad the boys' gig came off so well. Sounds like you have a very entertaining and loving household.

Yesterday was PUB. I really enjoyed this workout. Tonight will be some form of cardio. Whatever I'm in the mood for. :) Have a great day ladies.

T

Hi all.

Tess, I did PLB yesterday. PUB is on tap for tomarrow. My hamstrings are a little achy today. I really like those workouts.

Vicky, that's some party. You are a very brave woman.

Belinda, that sounds like a tough workout. I rarely have the energy to stand after an IMAX, much less do a weight workout.

Hi Randi, I'll have to check out the premixes on PP again. I rarely grab that DVD.

Today I'm hoping to have time to do Amy Bento's step workout. I didn't like it when I first got it, but I did it Monday and loved it. Go figure.

Good Morning RTers!:)

Today I went to yoga class, then IMAX2 then Stretch Max#2 with the stability ball. So now I should be completely worn out and stretched out, right?

Jacque--You asked about my nephews fighting. Well, my SIL says they fight all the time and it drives her crazy, but they didn't fight too much for me.:) And if they did, I left the room and said, "Don't call me unless you see one of the 3 B's....blood, broken bones or barf". I teach pre-school and that is the line we sometimes use for tattlers on the playground.

Vicki--You are brave and a great mom to have the kids party that you did. Glad you survived it!

Belinda--Wow 2 workouts in one day! Are you folowing Cathe's June rotation and just doubled up today?

Tess--Do you always do 2 workouts in one day?

Robin--I've never tried Amy Bento's workout.

Gin

Gin I started Cathe's June rotation on June 14! I have to double up to catch up:D Hopefully Satureday I am starting with week 3!!!

Great job on your workout!

Have a great one!
Belinda

Hi ladies! I am still out of commision exercise-wise. I guess food-wise too since I just ate a small Rita's strawberry Italian Ice. }( It's fruit, right??? My side is still bothering me and if it doesn't let up this weekend, I guess I'll schedule an appointment with the old GYN. I honestly can't tell if this is a muscle issue or an "ovary" issue. It's in the same place and sometimes hurts on the other side too. I assumed it was muscle related because I noticed the pain doing push-ups, but now I'm not so sure. Anyways, enough whinning on my part!

Vicky - The party sounds like quite the undertaking! You must be a saint! ;) I'm glad to hear the gig went so well too. I bet you looked great in your "Rocker Mom" outfit! :)

Belinda - Glad you had fun at VS! Sounds like you made out like a bandit. ;) I live for all those semi-annual sales!

Jacque - No, the wiener in my avatar isn't mine, but he looks just like my dog Dakota. My DH and I keep saying we are going to dress Dakota up and take some pics. We're already planning his Halloween costume - "Darth Wienie"

Gin - Sounds like you had a very well rounded workout today. :) I really need to get back to doing Yoga. It's been a while and I always enjoyed it.

Tess/Robin - Looks like the Pyramid series is popular this week. I may have to crack that one out. :)

Hi everyone! I managed to get my house cleaned and my workout done yesterday. Today I was supposed to do Imax 2 but since I did Imax Extreme last week I decided to do something different. I have a problem with boredom and don't like doing the same workouts consecutive weeks (sometimes I won't even do the same workout in a month). So I decided to do LIC Timesaver Blast Cardio premix with the All 4 Blasts premix. Great cardio workout. According to my HRM I burned over 600 calories. I also did TBS #3 because I was feeling a little tight.

Belinda- I'm amazed. I could never double up on a rotation. I have a hard enough time following one as is. Sounds like you made out on the VS sale.

Randi- I did that PP premix a few weeks ago. It's a good workout.

Tess- How do you like that bicep work in PUB? KILLER!

Robin- Which Amy Bento step are you doing? I have several of her workouts but haven't really done them. I've been thinking about trying them again.

Gin- LOL at the 3 B's. I'll have to try that sometime. Then maybe my stress level will go down some.

Liann- I hope your injury isn't something serious. I laughed at "Darth Wienie". That's a good one. In my picture trail I have a pic of my son, Joshua, fighting Darth Vader. At Disneyland he was chosen among a group of kids for Jedi Training. It was a big thrill for him.

Hello all my fellow RT's!

AAARGH!!! My computer is still acting up... hence not posting till now ( 6:37 P.M.!) Some virus is giving us pop ups and then it freezes every couple of minutes... so this is my window of opportunity! We plan to switch with another computer in the house which isn't currently on the internet. Hopefully DH can do that tomorrow morning. I am going insane with all this!

Anyway, sp just saying hello and that all is well. Yes, that party was crazed but boy did everyone have fun. They alway do. I will say that yesterday I paid for it with exhaustion... but todaywas much better and I am feeling back to normal! ( just got pop ups! AAAH!)

Okay, as soon as we are up and running normally I will get to some personals. I can also catch up more, I skimmed again for a few minutes...

Hope you are all well!! I'm posting this before it freezes again...

Big Hugs!
:)

Hey Vicki sorry I mispelled your name earlier! I have a sister who spells it Vickie and a SIL who spells it Vicky. I can never get it straight!

Road Trip Check-in

I have been missing in action again! I have been icing an aching foot every night instead of spending too much time online. I think the last time I checked in was Friday night. I did the Kick, Punch, & Crunch cardio conditioning premix followed by Supersets Saturday morning.

I woke up Sunday morning with a sharp pain in the arch of my right foot. I started my beloved Rhythmic Step, and my feet were crying during the warm-up! I knew that it was time for new shoes, but I was hoping to save my last pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes for the Road Trip. That style was discontinued by Nike earlier this year. I changed shoes after the warm-up. Then my Reebok cross training shoes made my feet go numb. I changed shoes after every combination, and it was painful to walk by the final combination. Needless to say, I skipped the challenge.

After a nap, I went to Academy Sunday afternoon and was delighted to discover a pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes in my size! I also bought a pair of Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes as well as Thorlo fitness socks. I may need to replace my running shoes too, but I am hoping that new workout shoes will solve the problem.

I went to the club and jogged in the pool after my shopping expedition. The water felt so good, and it was nice to give my feet a break.

Before bedtime Sunday night, I took my new Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes for a test drive and had fun with the Rhythmic Step Challenge! They felt nice and cushy. Of course, my feet were still sore, but my first impression of these shoes was very favorable.

That was Sunday. I woke up Monday morning and realized that, Houston, we have a problem. My feet were still killing me. My attempt at gentle bouncing on my rebounder was a painful experience even wearing supportive shoes. The Butts and Guts leg blast premix was challenging too. In a strange way, the lunges actually stretched out my arches and provided some relief.

My feet were crying all day at work. I have been feeling discouraged and emotional this week, but my eating has been good. It seems that my body betrays me when I finally get on track mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I may need to start taking an extra rest day every now and then and enjoy my beloved Cathe workouts just 5 days a week until I get closer to my goal weight. I peeked at my Cathe calendar results for January and had a lightbulb moment when I realized that I was basically resting or stretching twice a week when I was seeing great results. I had a challenging rotation planned for June and July, but my body has other plans. Oh, the joy of getting older! If anyone in your 20s is reading this, get your weight under control now!

I have an Ace bandage with an ice pack attached to it that I wrapped around the arch of my foot Monday night. It provided some relief. I decided to give Low Impact Circuit a whirl Tuesday morning. My new Nike Shox hurt my arch, but my new Ryka cross training shoes were nice and cushy. I felt like I was stepping on pillows! I did the upper body circuit premix for the first time. Fun, fun, fun! I love this premix. It includes the bonus cardio segment, which makes it more fun than the workout as produced. I just did Butts and Guts Monday and did not need another lower body workout.

I think these Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes are my favorite workout shoes. If they stand the test of time, I may actually be able to pack one pair of workout shoes for the Road Trip! I need to take the shoes I no longer love to the consignment shop. Speaking of which, I called the consignment shop and learned that they sold some of my shoes and have $55.00 waiting for me! That is more money for my Road Trip fund. The annual sales tax holiday in Texas will be the weekend before the Road Trip, so I can go shopping for workout clothes and shoes!

This was an unplanned rest day due to my arch pain. Kick Max was on my rotation, and I realized that the low impact premix was not even a good idea. My friend Rebecca (who is a nurse) suggested that I rest my foot for a few days, and I think she may be right.

I fell asleep last night with an ice pack strapped to my foot and woke up in the middle of the night with a frozen foot! I had to crawl to a warm bath to thaw it out! That was my first lesson of the day. My second lesson was learned tonight when I went shopping for comfortable shoes to wear to work. Ugly and comfortable can be had for cheap, but cute and comfortable is expensive! I have been testing a pair of Dankso clogs that a friend gave me. They have excellent arch support but are hard as rocks overall. They make my feet hurt and my toes go numb. I found a pair of Josef Seibel sandals that are cute and cushy with good arch support. I paid $110.00 for them, but oh well. I looked at them in March and decided that they were too pricey. It is amazing how fast the credit card jumps out of the wallet when you are in pain!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.