RT Check-in June 18

woopig

Cathlete
Good morning everyone.

I am back from my trip to the beach. I got engaged while we were there. I am very excited!! I have dated my bf for 10 years, so I guess it was time;-) This will be a very busy summer as we are planning a beach wedding in early August. I guess I will get married and then leave my new husband to make the RT---wouldn't miss it!!
I did not work out very much on my trip. I did a little walking, jogging, and biking, but it was not very intense. I will get back at it tonight.
I have read most of last weeks posts. I will be back later....
Have a great day:)

Congratulations Lara! A wedding on the beach sounds lovely. You had better bring pictures with you to the roadtrip!

Started my day off unhealthy with a piece of Angel Cake - there was a birthday here at work. Oh well, there were worse things I could have eaten - they had fudge and several pies. :/

I will probably try to work upper body tonight - biceps, shoulders, etc.. Still have this pain in my left side, so no cardio or core work. It started yesterday while doing push-ups. I felt this tightness in my abdomen and then these sharp pains. I get that sometimes when working my abs, so I didn't think anything of it. Now I figure I must have pulled something cuz anytime I tighten my ab area, I get stabbing pains in my lower left side. Still not quite sure how I did anything since I have been doing those same push-ups for weeks now. Had the craziest dreams last night because of it! I kept dreaming I was like 7 months pregnant and my stomach was sore... Woke up in a cold sweat from that dream! lol ;)

Good morning trippers.

Lara! Congratulations. The beach wedding sounds lovely. How far away is that from your home?

Liann, ouch. That sounds painful. I occasionally get a crap in my upper ab, if I sneeze hard, and it's very painful. Hey, DH and I are going to Gettysburg for a weekend in July. That's not too far from you, right? We are going down on a Sat for a car show on Sun. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been down that way for a year or so.

The rotation I'm doing calls for a 45 min run, but with the threat of high temps and humidity here, I think I'm going to so a step workout instead. Maybe Amy Bento. Have a great Monday all.

Robin - You'll have to find out where in Gettysburg that car show is. I live right outside of Gettysburg and a lot of the shows are literally down the street from me. Me and the wieners might have to stop by and say hi!

Lara - congratulations! That is fantastic. Wishing you the very best between now and then. You have a lot to look forward to in August don't you? :)

Liann - ouchie girl. Sorry you're feeling that pain. I hope you feel better soon. I was thinking about you this morning and how awesome you're doing with your pushups.

Robin - have fun with Amy Bento tonight. I think I would skip the outside running too in all this humidity.

My body is screaming right now. I did GS legs on Saturday and GS BBS yesterday. Well after not doing any strength work for almost 2 weeks, you definitely feel it. I was such a wimp yesterday LOL. Tonight will probably be KCM step-boxing. I received this a few weeks ago and I've been dying to try it. DH and I had a nice relaxing weekend. We grilled out both Sat & Sun and relaxed by the pool yesterday. I had meant to paint some bedrooms upstairs, but it was just too nice to be cooped up inside.

Have a great day ladies. Off to work. :)

T

Good Morning Ladies:)
Lara that is so awesome! Congrats!!! What beach are you getting married at?
Robin, that sounds like a fun trip over the 4th:) Hope you have a great workout:)

Tess sounds like you had a great weekend:) YOu've also workout real hard!

Liann I know how you feel I pulled somthing right above my hip very painful:(

I am off of work today! Will probably do a circuit workout HSC or somthing like that. My legs are still a little sore from Sat scramble eggs premix! It's raining here I was going to the pool but I guess not:( I got the new Oxygen Abs special edition mag very interesting! Good recipes too.
BBL
Randi

Good morning ladies!

I haven't been around in a while. Hope everyone is doing well and had a good father's day weekend. We have been at the lake all weekend. Hot as blazes during the day, but we about froze in that tent at night. This morning I did PS biceps, MIS biceps, and first 6 intervals of IMAX. Later I have to get in S&H legs & abs (make up). Friday was my 40th b-day and SO got us plane tickets to go skiing in New Hampshire/Vermont. Anybody know anything about ski places in that area?

Lara-Congratulations!!! That's is very exciting news. My SO and I have been together 7 years, so maybe there's still hope:)

Liann-Hope you're feeling better soon! Sounds like a scary dream;-)

Robin-I'm with you on the run. It's way to hot here to run outside! Have fun with Amy!

Tess-What is KCM? I've been sitting here trying to figure this out but nothing comes to mind. Have a great day:)

Kara

Liann, That would be great! I think you and the weiner dogs would probably be more interesting than a whole day of cars! I'll ask DH where the show is.

Kara, I don't ski, but my mom lives in VT. You can't throw a rock without hitting a ski area. Have a great time!

Hi Ladies
I ended up doing HSC I really like that workout. Any one have HSTA? Is that more difficult?
Thanks
Randi

Hi everyone. I hope it's not too late to join in the check-in. I'm really bad about checking in. I live out west (AZ) and by the time I get to my computer most everyone has checked in already and I hate being last:) I have been reading the check-ins though and can't wait to meet you ladies.

Today's workout is Rythmic Step. I've been following FitnessFreaks endurance rotation and it's a tough one. I still hope to lose about 15 lbs before the roadtrip. I'm running out of time though so it's time to get serious. That piece of Dairy Queen ice cream cake that I just ate and the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday for my DH for Father's Day aren't helping my efforts any either:)

Lara- congratulations on your engagement. A beach wedding sounds wonderful.

Liann- Sorry to hear about your pain. Hope that heals for you real soon. LOL about your dream. That'll make anyone wake up in a cold sweat.

Robin- Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. Don't blame you if you skip out on the run. I have a treadmill because there's no way I'll run outside in 100+ degree temperatures. I hate to run period but I try to make myself do it occasionally.

Tess-Sounds like you had a great weekend. I can't wait until our landscaping is done(we recently moved into a new house) and I can relax by the pool and cook-out. Probably not until next summer the rate it's going. How do you like Kelly Coffey Meyers? I've had her workouts for about 6 months now but haven't tried them. They do look good though.

Randi- I think that HSTA is a little more difficult than HSC. I call it leg press hell because there's so many sets of leg presses in it.
It is a great workout though.

Kara- Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I love skiing although I've never been to VT. All of my skiing had been limited to Arizona. Most people don't even realize we have ski resorts in AZ.

I just added my avatar picture. I'm so excited. I also posted some pics on picture trail. Feel free to look at them. Hopefully my link works.

Jacque

Hello Road Trippers.

Thank you for all of the good wishes. I had such a long day at work and did not workout when I got home tonight (it was late). I guess there is always tomorrow. I plan to have a workout marathon in the morning!!

Liann...I am sure I will have more pictures than anyone wants to see:) I will bring them, and probably lots of pictures of my child (my dog Sophie)!! Can't wait to see all of your reptile pics! I hope your pains subside soon!

Robin...It is between 12-15 hours, depending on how many stops you make. I have flown down several times, but we always like having our own car. Have fun in Gettysburg. Maybe you will be close enought to Liann that you could meet up.

Tess...Yes, I can't wait for August to get here!!! I have so much planning to do now that I am sure it will fly by!! I am glad we all have something to look forward to in August! Good decision to stay outsied on such a beautiful day:)

Randi...We are planning to get married in Navarre, FL. We have traveled one to two times each year to this area. We have fallen in love with the panhandle white beaches. We have not been able to stay in Navarre the past few years due to the Hurricane damage, but we visit everytime we are there. My bf (I guess fiance now--haven't said that before) proposed to me on the beach there. We went to check out the island's progress, and it looks a lot better than it did last year. We stayed in Sea Grove this year. I hope you had a good day off work.

Kara...Glad you are back. I felt the same way for many years. I have always thought if we could make it through 10 years of dating along with the associated drama, we can make it through anything. I hope that is true. How did you meet your SO?

Jacque...I am glad you are checking in. I am usually one of the last posters, but I wanted to be first today to share my good news!! I like your avatar. I have wanted to post one myself, but wasn't really sure how. I saw the topic in OD, so maybe I will try it out.

I think it is my bedtime as I can hardly see straight after my long day at work and starting a new job today. Talk to you all tomorrow!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.