RT Check in- Friday 4/27

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I didn't seen a thread started so I hope no one minds if I got us started today.

I've been MIA for awhile. New puppy taking alot of my free time and I've been fighting off a cold for the last few days. I think the cold won. Hopefully I'll be back to normal next week and will be able to post on a regular basis.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Jean

Good morning!

Jean I hope you feel better soon! I am coming down with a cold ,too!

todays workout is IMAX 1!

Hope everyone is having a great workout!
Belinda

Good morning all! I had a hellish last few nights of work and didn't have much time for posting:( I'm off now and got in a great run yesterday so I'm feeling good and recharged!

I'm excited about my long run tomorrow. I'll be helping out a friend who has a team organized for the "relay for life" to support cancer research. The idea is to keep a member of the team on the track at all times from 6p-9a. Naturally she has had the hardest time recruiting people in the late hours so I'll be heading out there to run around the track around 0200 :eek: I'll be going for about 12-15 miles. Better make sure the old iPod is fully charged!
For today's workout I just did L&G and in a bit it'll be IMAX3!!

Jean- Sorry you've been under the weather! A new puppy!! How exciting.... but very tiring also! What kind of puppy?

Belinda- An IMAX day for you too? wooohooooo :7

Have a good one y'all!

ShellyC

Hello ladies! I am suffering from some serious upper body DOMS after yesterday's Gymstyles marathon. It's been a long time since any of my back muscles were sore, but I must have hit them right last night - ouchie! Thankfully, it is a "good" back pain. And of course I am starting to feel it in the chest from all of those push-ups. Even typing hurts from those wrist curls at the end of GS CT!

Jean - New puppies are fun, but a lot of work! Everytime my DH and I got a puppy over the "puppy" stage and trained, we went out and got another one! I can remember having absolutely no life trying to keep up after them! Like little kids... ;) Hope your cold goes away soon!

Belinda - Hope you start feeling better too! Have fun with Imax 1 tonight! :)

ShellyC - Wow, a 2 a.m. run! I can barely walk to the bathroom at 2 a.m., let alone run 12 miles! ;) Have fun with that and make sure that Ipod is good and charged! B&G & Imax 3??? You'll be feeling that on your run tomorrow! :)

Well, I am off for a few minutes in the old tanning oven. I've been working myself up to a tan and then I plan to only go once a week. I come out of there sometimes and see these ladies going in who look like they are victims of some sort of nuclear radiation. I've been putting a towel over my face in the bed ever since. I hope I never look like that or look like that and don't realize it and keep tanning!!! I'll stick to using bronzer on my face!

I hope everyone has a lovely evening! I'll be serving up ribs at the restaurant until 11 p.m. after my day job.. ugh.... And I call this a "rest day". :(

Hi gals. I'm posting early today. This morning was GS Triceps followed by IMAX2 Blast only premix. This weekend I'll be at the boat so I'll be running tomorrow.

I am still astounded how I'm losing size by backing off cardio and increasing my weight work (this is my 5th week doing this style of training). I've always been a cardio junkie with the mindset of 'more is better'. I've also noticed that I'm not ravenously hungry all the time. Needless to say my joints are not as achy as they once were either.

Liann: You should be hurting, girl. All the GS in one day followed by CC? I hurt just thinking about it.

Jean: Puppies are cute but yes they are a lot of work!

Belinda and Jean: hope you both feel better soon!

Shelly: How long will it take you to run 12-15 miles? Your friend is so lucky to have you taking such a long run in the middle of the night.

Hello again! I just completed IMAX3 and am feelin fine!

Liann- Great job on your GS marathon! I don't know how you manage 2 jobs:eek: One is definitely enough for me. I normally work nights 7p-7a. I'm a charge nurse of 2 ICU units and spend all night runing between the two. Also I normally do a long run of 12-15 miles on weekends or once a week whenever my schedule allows so this won't really be a hardship on me.

TK- A fifteen mile run takes about 2.5 hrs for me if I take it at a slow and easy (for me) pace. I hear you about overdoing the cardio, your body tends to adjust as you do more and more cardio and hangs on to what it can. A change in routine to focus more on weights is an excellent strategy as you have discovered. But I could never give up running... I just love it too much ;-)

time to go shopping now:)

ShellyC

Hi all!

I'm checking in a bit late today. I taught Cardio/sculpt this morning, and came home to do some heavier lower body ( just extra squats and leg presses and some one legged squats. My legs were already hurting after class) and PUB. I was supposed to do MM yesterday but never got to it and just taught class last night. Needless to say I am pretty tired right now. I am supposed to go to a jazz class in two hours but the thought of it is making me cringe. Then again, the warm up is always such a great stretch and we are working on a really nice dance, so we'll see.

I don't have alot of time for personals as the kids are getting ready to come through the door in 15 minutes...

However, TK, I am really interested in what you are doing these last 5 weeks. Exactly how much cardio are you doing and what kind of weight rotation?? I would be interested in maybe switching things up a little if it will help me get a bit smaller!! Also, my legs have gotten a bit bulkier than I want so I am trying to lean them out a bit, maybe your way would work?? Let me know!

Everyone else, I hope you are having a great day!! Looking forward to catching up tomorrow!!

Hi everyone. I've been MIA for a whole myself. Last time I posted, I was getting ready for a major website redesign install and hoping it went well. It didn't go so well. Without going into too much detail, the install itself was about 6 hours longer than expected, which meant from 10pm Fri night until 12noon Sat. Though there were a few hiccups on Sat afternoon and Sun morning, we decided to leave it in for the start of the week (it's a Corporate website, so most traffic is business hours - Mon-Fri).

I flew out to Phoenix (one of our major office locations) on Sunday afternoon to sit with my development team through the week. Just after arriving Sun evening, we had a bit of a scare, but managed to fix the issue by around 1am Mon morning. Everything seemed to be going okay, a few hitches here and there, but nothing major. Australia was happy, Europe was happy, Latin America was happy, and then the U.S. came online and the whole thing ground to a halt. So, sadly, Monday night we backed out the U.S. and Canada so that the rest of the world could enjoy the new site.

UGH! I had no sleep all weekend before last and most of the week after. I even had to delay my flight home and take conference calls from the airport. No time to workout all week long, not that I had the energy anyway. When I came home Thu evening, I was looking forward to lots of sleep on the weekend, but I couldn't even salvage that. Fri was great - I did Cardio Fusion step only premix and I think I slept like 10 hours. Ahhhhhhh. . .. how refreshing.

Sat I did GS C&T and FIRM Abs 1&2, had a thoroughly relaxing day, and then disaster struck. I must have had some kind of a bug because I was up all night throwing up. Couldn't eat all day Sun, just laid in bed miserable all day, and I was up all night again. Same thing Mon, but I ended up working 10 hours from my home office. Then I was up all night again, but not throwing up - it was coming out the other end all night long. BLECH!!! Tue I managed some Gatorade, a little cereal, a slice or 2 of ww bread, and some chicken salad from Chick-fil-a. Worked from home again and got some decent sleep. Wed I had to go back to the office and I could actually eat pretty normally, just small portions. I did GS Back and Shoulders and got a good night's sleep.

By the time Thu rolled around, I felt halfway human. I spent another long day at the office, but only after GS Biceps, Kick Max Leg conditioning drills, and Step Blast. No trouble eating, though I was still careful just in case.

Friday's here again! I am so happy to be back at the weekend and feeling good. Well good unless you count how fried my lower body is after GS Legs and Core Max balanced core premix. I hope to get G-Force cardio in this afternoon and treat myself to a couple of bites of ice cream.

Sorry so long, and probably TMI, but I've been thinking about you all so much; I wanted to fill you in on where I've been. It's been a miserable couple of weeks, so I'm just figuring that means I'm a couple of weeks closer to the Roadtrip and meeting all of you!

Hi Liann! Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys a nice fake bake every now and then. I'm the same way as you with my face. I either wear SPF 15 when I go or I put a towel over my face. Even though I only go once a week once I build up my base, I don't ever want to look anything like those leather faces I see sometimes.

I was thinking about asking Cathe if we're allowed to use the tanning beds at her studio while we're there. Even if there's a small fee, it would be kind of cool to tan where Cathe tans. (OK - that proves I'm a dork when it comes to Cathe. :+ :p )

Mona - Wow, sounds like you have been really busy the last few weeks and then getting sick to boot :(! Our company just went live with a new computer system in all of our plants and our poor tech dept. has been on the go 24x7 ever since. Seems like with installs anything can and will go wrong! Hope you get some rest and relaxation in this weekend. :)

It would be cool to use one of the beds at the gym! Don't worry, you're not a dork! If you are, I am one too! Everytime I do a workout now, I think "I'm going to finally get to meet Cathe in just a few months!!!". I just hope I don't act like a total nerd when I do meet her!

TK, sounds like your new style of training is working for you.

ShellyC, I admire you runners. It would take me 2 weeks to run 15 miles LOL. Good luck to you while you help out the Relay for Life.

Belinda, hope your cold doesn’t bring you down. Have fun with Imax.

Vicki, how do you manage to workout on top of teaching classes?

Mona, sorry to hear about your past week. Hope you're feeling better and hopefully work will go better this next week too.

Liann, I hate it when I see the “Too Tan People”. I wonder why they don’t realize it. Of course they probably hate seeing the “Too Pale People” like me and wonder why I don’t get a tan. And don’t worry about feeling like a nerd when you meet Cathe. When you do met her it will almost feel like it’s not real. It's hard to believe she is just so down to earth and a regular person. I can still remember the expression on her face when she first came in the room filled with 100+ of her fans at the last roadtrip. Can’t wait to do it again.

As for the new puppy, she is 7 1/2 weeks old. She is a golden retriever. Her name is Sunshine. It’s been 7 years since we had a puppy so we are constantly having to refresh our memory when it comes to puppy rearing. Our other dog is taking very well to her and they are getting along great.

Jean

I have been MIA lately, too. I was sick all day Monday all I wanted to do was sleep all day and night! I went to karate on Tuesday night, we had a regular kickboxing class followed by a Mixed Martial Arts class. In the MMA class we do clinches and take downs and some grappling. Well, I got my finger broke (my left ring finger). I thought I was getting too old to do the take downs, etc. Now, I have a splint to deal with. I guess it isn't a big deal - I can't do karate for 4 weeks at least!

This finger thing has been an inconvenience with weight training - here I thought it is just a finger - but it has affected my whole hand!

I did LIC this morning with the bonus cardio two times - so I did get a good workout in.

I am so looking forward to the RT. We will be together in only 15 weeks - it has already been five weeks since we signed up! I will never forget the excitement for all who got in and the disappointment to those who didn't!

We will be putting our boats in at our cottage this weekend, even though our weather is quite cold today (45 was the high today).

Cheryl

Hi everyone,
Today was an unintentional rest day for me...I had to work from 7-4 and I was just too tired to even think about doing anything except sitting down! That's OK, I'll just do LIC tomorrow instead of today. I did GS legs yesterday for the 2nd time ever. Does anyone else get pain in their feet when doing the calf raises? I feel like my feet cramp up and I have to stop b/c it HURTS!

Tomorrow will be my first stab at LIC, I'm looking forward to a new challenge! Have a great day everyone!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.