Rod Trip Mon. 5/14

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Good Morning RT's.

Happy Monday! Missed you yesterday, I had a pretty busy Sunday, but what else is new?? Hope all the Moms had a wonderful Mother's Day! My family took me out to lunch after church and then we got home and they cleaned the whole house. Wow, am I lucky.

Last night we had a houseful of company for the weekly "Desperate Housewives" get together. a bunch of us get together for the show, we eat and gossip and just have a great time. My Dh along with another male friend of ours are the only men, and it is pretty funny. They swear they don't really "watch" the show, but watch out if you ge in their way when Eva Longoria or Teri Hatcher is on the screen! It is pretty funny, the two of them are so into it it's ridiculous... they just don't want to admit it because it's not a "manly" show. Alpha males... AAAGH!

Yesterday I did the UB portion of MM and some SB abs and while they boys cleaned I took a 5 mile walk.

I am pretty addicted to walking. I love being outside in the air and just letting my mind go. People in my life think that I do too much if I work out, teach class and also walk, but my walks are more about mental health than anything else. I get pretty tired of people who don't take care of themselves telling me me that I should slow down after I was 125 pounds overweight for too many years!! I can't win! Last week I had a headache for a couple of days and actually vocalized it and someone said ( and it was someone who is part of a particular circle of friends, so I got the feeling this may have been a topic of discussion between them )"You exercise too much, that's why you have a headache." I was like "what??" How come when they all get sick and bellyache ( which is seriously like every day!!) it's okay, but me, who hardly ever complains about illness, aches or pains or whatever, complains once and it's all because I like to work out!! MY DH told me it's because they are just envious and they don't take care of themselves. I can't grasp that, but it's probably true. Don't they remember where I was just 6 years ago?? I was pretty sick from being so overweight... I wish they could just be happy for me and be supportive. ( Just a little rant, I had someone say it to me again the other day and it ticks me off) Do any of you ever get this from people?

So, on that note, I am going down to the basement for lower body portion of MM. Then I might go for a walk... of course I may need rehab. for exercisers after that if anyone wants to join me... oh wait, I'll have to go tomorrow because I have to teach tonight!

Enjoy your day ladies!! ;)

Good Morning!

Today is BG for me}(

Vicki- DH's know just what to say, don't they:)

Hope everyone has a great day.

Michelle

Good Morning RTers!

Today was IMAX2. I still have the 45 min. FitTV version. But am hoping to buy the real thing with my Mother's Day g.c.!!!
Gin:)

Vicki-- You sound very healthy to me. Don't listen to what others say. You know what is best.

Michelle--B&G....OUCHIE MAMA!!....Enjoy!}(

Have a great day!
Gin

Morning ladies. Hope you all are having a nice Monday. I don't think I slept that well last night, kept having weird dreams. I've also had hot flashes all weekend and last night I kept waking up feeling like my body was on fire. So anyway, today I'm sleepy.

I did S&H legs and shoulders yesterday and today will be S&H Bi's / Tri's. My legs are sore from yesterday. It's interesting how a different style of training can have such an impact on your muscles. I guess that's why it's good to switch things up.

Vicki - It's a bummer that your friends have to say something like that about your exercise. It's funny because they probably wouldn't say a word if you were still 125 lbs heavier and had headaches every day. I think jealousy drives a lot of that. Well at least you've got us to understand the need to exercise...a lot!!

Michelle - Enjoy B&G! I love this workout.

Gin - Great job on Imax 2. I am going to be getting this one with my birthday money too. :)

Have a great day everyone.

T

Good morning.

Vicky you keep doing what you do and ignore those folks. I think you can always tell when people are coming to you with positive energy or not doesn't seem like those folks have any positive intent in their message to you.

I am all about Kickmax and Yoga today.

Nutritions...

B FF Cottage cheese with grapes, raisins and nuts
S Kashi and Apple
L Lean Cusine Apple 100 calories of lorne doones
S Popcorn
D Fish and veggies

KIM

Good morning ladies! I'm a busy bee today, so I will probably only have time for a walk during lunch. I plan to serve up my two weeks notice at the restaurant tonight though, so that should free up some exercise time in the future (priorities!). The second job just isn't worth it. The 60 hour weeks are wearing me down and my house is falling apart cuz' there is no one there to take care of it. You should see the pile of laundry in the office... ugh.... Anyways, it will be a big relief once I am done, but I HATE quitting anything and will not enjoy telling my supervisor tonight that I am done. :(

Vicki - I totally sympathize with what you are dealing with! People are always making little comments on my going to the gym and working out at home. I get comments about me being selfish or obsessed, etc... And there are always the ones who say you are going to wear yourself down etc... I've learned to just not talk about it at all with them. I honestly think it is jealousy and guilt over not trying harder to take care of themselves. Definitely ignore their crap! :)

Michelle - Have fun with B&G. I did the abs section yesterday as an add on to my workout and I loved it!

Gin - I love Imax 2! That was my "feel good" workout for yesterday. You will love the full version. :)

Tess - I really like switching things up too. Slow and Heavy is a nice change from the Gym Styles for me. I have been doing a rotation that uses the Slow and Heavy series one week, Pure Strength the next, and then the Gym styles. I've seen a lot of improvement switching up the type of weight training like this. Keeps the muscles guessing. ;)

Belinda - I am so sorry about your mom's DH! Your family will be in my prayers!

Kim - Have fun with Kick Max and Yoga. It's been forever since I fit a yoga routine in, I really need to add some to my collection!

Hi everybody!

Vicki - do not let them bring you down and you keep up the good work! A lady came in this morning and told me not to lose anymore weight, that I look good now IF I don't lose anymore. I just felt like, "whatever" - that was so sweet of your hubby!

Belinda - I'll keep you and your DH in my prayers!

No workout for me today! I usually have Monday's off however was called in as my mgr is sick and my bible study starts at 6:30. So it's OFF for me tonight. Bad think is, I took off Sat and Sun too due to an achey knee. Back on track tomorrow though!

The rest of you have fun with your workouts!

Have a good one!

Hi all!

Today I'm getting back on track after not working ou this weekend. Saturday I just felt incredibly run down and yeaterday I had to work and study for my last final. I just got home from my final...whew!!! School's out!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited because now I have more time to read books (not textbooks!), work out, do stuff around the house, whatever!

Today I'm doing rhythmic step...a fun one! I just got Drill Max and Butts & Guts delivered, I'm a little scared (I previewed them!) but excited to have something new!

Have a great day everyone!
Josie

Good afternoon everyone

Today I did P90X Chest&Back and AB Ripper. I was having one of those inner conversations on the way home from work that includes me trying to find excuses not to work out and trying to talk myself into it at the same time. I am really happy that the side of me that wanted to talk myself into it won today.:) Although I really wish I did not work start work so early in the morning so it would be possible for me to use the workout room before I go to work without waking up my family members. I love being able to get my workout over with early in the day. It puts me in a more positive frame of mind for the whole day.

Have a good day everyone

Hi roadtrippers!

I have fallen off the check in wagon again. Another busy week. I finished the Gym Style series Saturday with GS Legs. I am in awe of these workouts. I was sore for FOUR days from GS C&T. Started S&H today with chest & back.

Vicki-Try to take the things those people say with a grain of salt. I really don't get that too much and have actually gotten a couple of people at work started on Cathe. Maybe they'll come around some day.

Tess-I hate those nights! I have them occasionally. They can really ruin your day.

Belinda-I'm sorry to hear about your mother's DH.

Kim-Enjoy KM and yoga. The rotation I'm doing doesn't leave as much time for stretching and I can feel it.

Liann-It is never fun giving notice on a job, but I'm sure you will be very relieved when it's done.

Josie-Congrats on finishing finals!! I haven't done DM or B&G yet either. So many workouts, so little time.

Jacque-If I couldn't work out in the morning, I would have to have a lot a motivational talks to myself. So much can get in the way after work!

Hello Gin, Michelle, & Tina!

Hope everyone had a good day:)

Kara

Road Trip Check-in

I am back on track, fired up, and ready to finish the race. I had a delightful visit with my mother and her husband, and it is time to focus on my fitness journey again. I faced the music yesterday morning and stepped on the scale. I shared Saturday night that I felt like I had gained 10 pounds. I was right on target. I gained exactly 10 pounds. Amazing! It takes a month of sweat and tears to shed 10 pounds, and I can eat it back on in a matter of days. Of course, I did not exercise at all last week (other than cleaning and hauling boxes up and down the stairs). I skipped a lot of meals too because I was distracted by my clutter clearing project. I was too anxious to eat. My fat cells stored every bite I ate Friday and Saturday. My clothes are way too tight. I checked my measurements and discovered that I gained 3 inches in my chest, 3 inches in my waist, 3 inches in my abdomen, and an inch in my hips.

I started my 12-week Road Trip rotation yesterday morning with my beloved Rhythmic Step. I tripped on my shoelace, fell hard on my step, and was flat on my back for 5 minutes before I could move. Thankfully, I did not injure myself other than a bruised butt. I dusted myself off and finished the workout.

Mom and her husband packed their bags last night, and I was sad knowing that they would be leaving town this morning. I went to the grocery store so I did not have to deal with that today. I was running on adrenalin last week before they arrived, and I crashed last night. I was physically and emotionally wiped out. PMS time is just around the bend too, so that is not helping.

I slept later than usual this morning and started my day with Bible study, prayer, and the Drill Max cardio leg blast premix. I started over with my Breaking Free Bible study yesterday morning. Hopefully, I will finish it this time! I downloaded all my pictures from my digital camera this morning, viewed them, and deleted the ones I did not like. I am determined to simplify my life, and I do not want to replace my paper clutter with digital clutter. The best way to deal with clutter is to not allow it into my home in the first place!

I did a few loads of laundry and drove to the office to pick up my package from Cathe. I ordered one of her “embrace the challenge” baseball tees and the Body Blast Series. I have been wanting these DVDs for the premixes, and this was my reward for persevering with my home transformation project last week. I had an issue with my order, and Nancy took care of it promptly and professionally! The top is too tight to wear in public now, but I am hoping to look good in it by August! All things are possible!

I took a nap this afternoon and was still feeling blue. Rebecca was busy, so I decided to go to the club and do Pit Bull’s cardio boot camp class instead of jogging in the pool. I am so glad I did. She kicked my butt and kicked my blues to the curb. The new class format is very similar to Drill Max with even more functional fitness moves added to the mix.

I talked to Rebecca tonight, and I am feeling better. Before cardio boot camp, I was ready to throw in the towel and declare myself a lost cause. I am ready to take another run at this body transformation project. My eating was clean again today, and my meals and snacks are packed for tomorrow. I am taking back the stolen ground, eating for the glory of God, and exercising as an act of worship. I need to call it a day. I am tired, and it will take a week or so to get back on track with my sleep schedule.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.