Rock Bottoms Week of June 4th

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Girls,

Do you want to have one check in per week? Its only the 3 of us so we don't need a new thread everyday I don't think. That way if someone post late at night, we are bound to read it in the morning.:)

I couldn't believe it last night when I looked at the rotation and saw what I had to do again today:eek: On day 4 so that means CTX UB and BBW AGAIN! I was so wiped the other day after doing this workout. And I really want to get cardio in as well. There is also alot of UB work in this rotation, which I like!

Im gonna take my measurements shortly and I will be back with the results in a minute!

Lori:)

T'is I again:)

Here are my measurements, hoping they will go down a little this month:)
Weight** 130.7 lbs
Hips ** 36"
Waist ** 28 3/4 "
Thighs** 21 1/4"
Chest ** 35"
Calves** 14.5"
Arms ** 11"

Jen, my daughter is 11 now. I can't believe how grown up she is! And I think they are so old for their age now. I remember playing with barbies when I was her age but she hasn't touched a barbie in yrs.
I also have a son who is 5 monthes old today:) Now you understand why I need to do some work on my butt:)

Hey Lori,

I don't think we need a new thread everyday either.

Well, I did IMAX 2 this morning followed by 300 walking lunges outside. It was a beautiful morning - sunny & birds singing, so that helped. My legs definitely felt like jello when I was done. I don't know how you did it with weights - maybe that's why you were so wiped after day 2??;-)

I'll post my measurements tonight.

So, Lori, are you adding additional cardio to the plan? I was going to follow it to the letter, but you've said that you're trying to get in some cardio on Day 4 as well as upper body & bbw.

After reading some of Fitness Freak's posts, I was thinking that maybe sometimes I do too much cardio, so thought this might be a good time to test that theory...

Also, you were talking about your daughter and how fast they grow up...my son is 15 now, with a job, a steady girlfriend and such a busy social life I never see him :( . My daughter is 10 and very independent as well, although, thankfully, she still loves her family time:). I guess the one good thing is it gives me more time for me, now.;-)

Well, have a great day.

Susan

Susan,I plan on doing more cardio when are where I can. When the weather cooperates I can get out for a walk anyway. Some days are a little time consuming so it will be hard to do.I always do walking lunges with weights so not doing them with weights was like taking a step backwards.

I just fisished CTX UB, BBW and a 3 mile run. Im getting myself and my son ready now to go for a walk so that should be another hour added on to my day:)

Im dreading for my daughter to turn in to a teen! We were talking about this the other night at a party...about how we should raise our kids so they don't feel pressured by others but instead make the right choices. It very hard to figure out and sometimes its not so much about how they are raised but their personnality.

Anyway...hope everyone is having a good day.

Okay, well maybe I'll do more cardio, too, but will likely keep it to hill walking, elliptical or cycling. If I do high impact everyday, my knees and ankles give me grief.

I'm dreading the 45 minute run on the weekend - I really hate running (I like most everything else, but for some reason I just can't get into running - I wish I could since it's so convenient - you can do it pretty much anywhere with just a good pair of shoes!).

I gotta tell you, now that I have a teenager, I think I've changed my mind about wanting to be a parent;-) . This is just way too hard and most of the time I haven't a clue how to deal with things. And my 15 year old was the one that I never thought I'd have problems with. Go figure. He was my quiet kid that preferred reading to most everything else and was a total brainiac in school. Although, when I look back, he's probably not as bad as I was and I turned out OK;-) ;-) .

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Susan

Hi Susan and Lori,

Yes Lori you are right they do grow up too fast. I told my daughter I'm not letting her grow up past 9. :)

I did Muscle Max push/pull, and then BC lower body premix followed by L&G floor work. I might go stretch in a little bit and maybe try some ab work.

Susan I am also not a runner. I wish I could but I too have trouble being consistent with it. Maybe I will walk or do another form cardio.

I think a weekly check in will be fine. I will also be posting the daily check in.

Talk to you gals soon.

Jenn

Good Morning Girls...any sore butts out there? Mine is!!! LOL But thats what I came to do right?

Today is RS and abs but I don't know if I will do RS or another workout similar. Im soooo not looking forward to LL tomorrow:eek: I don't mind running at all, actually I just ran 8 miles on Sunday, I love running and its probably most of the reason why I lost all of my baby weight in no time.

Hope everyone as a good day. I plan on working out soon and I have baby group in the afternoon. I was gonna walk there but it looks like we may get rain:-( Maybe things will change.

Back again. I just finished PH abs and RS. I can see why that work out is the rotation cause there are lots of little squats. I had to do PH abs b/c my ball is not so round today. Its totally flat. When I came home from my walk yesterday my ball was next to the heater and I heard I funny noise. I kicked the ball away and when I looked it was slowly deflating! Sooooo, now I have to buy another ball!:-( This as to be ball #6!

Hey Lori.

Bummer about your ball! Those things aren't cheap, either.

Good for you for getting all your workouts in. My butt is a little sore today and I'm feeling it in my quads. Looking forward to upper body and BBW this afternoon. I could feel a cold coming on yesterday afternoon, but was hoping to chase it away. No such luck.:-( Woke up feeling kinda crappy, but it's not in my chest, so shouldn't interfere with my workout this afternoon.

I have RS coming in the mail - if it's not here by Friday, I'll have to substitute something else. Most likely LowMax.

My sis is a runner, so I've told her she has to run with me on the weekend (we'll be camping together anyways), so she can push me through the 45 min run. I don't have leaner legs, so I'll do the leg sculpt from Kick Max most likely. Or if I do it Sunday night at home (rather than Saturday night), then I can do L&G.

Didn't get to posting measurements last night, so I'll try for tonight...

Have a great day!

Okay, here's my starting measurements.

Not sure what to put for weight - retaining water big time after the weekend, so I'm up 5 pounds from Friday. I'd guess real weight around 134.
chest 35 1/2
waist 27 3/4
hips 34
thighs 23 3/4
calf 14 1/2
bicep 10 7/8

Okay, did upper body (my own workout) plus BBW & PLB stability ball segment.

OMG - my butt was shaking at the end. Not sure how it's going to feel to do that all over again on Thursday! I'm thinking my legs and my butt will certainly be rock hard after 4 weeks on this program!:) :)

Cheers,
Susan

Hey girls,

I took a rest day. I woke up and was to lazy to get out of bed. Oh well it happens. ;-)

I don't have leaner legs either so I will sub something else.
What is Leaner legs similiar to? I have L&G, B&G, PH, MM, KM, PP, SS, and Traceys sculptfest.

Have a great night.

Jenn

Good Morning Gang:)

Jenn, if I were to sub I guess it would hace to be L&G. I haven't done LL in a while and I think there is a good reason why}( Someone did recall it Meaner Legs after all!

Susan, those measurements are pretty good. I need to get my waist back down. Its the only thing I have had trouble with since the baby and I think my hips have gotten smaller which makes my waist less noticeable. But I did gain 46 lbs and lost it all in 4 monthes so I can't complain to much.

Well, I have LL and a run on tap for today. Im thinking I will probably get two walks in today b/c I want to take DS out this afternoon and my friend will want to go tonight.

Lori

:)

Hey Lori,

That's amazing that you lost all the baby weight in 4 months. It took me 8 years;-)

Re my measurements - I'm up a lot since my forced 6 week break, which is so disappointing. I worked so hard to get down and boy does it come back fast. Oh well, we can only look forward, right?

Did KPC (except ab section) then Coremax 1 this morning. Burned 488 calories before breakfast! Yippee. I'm glad I don't have to work out again until tomorrow afternoon:) I'm tired! I've decided to stick to plan as is without adding in extra cardio and see how I do. I've read some of the other postings from women that feel they've had much better success with more weights, less cardio, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Have a great day!

Susan:7

Hey Ladies,

How is everyone???? Things are good here and I am getting ready to head out for most of the day. Im enjoying the nice weather we are getting but its muggy weather...I was so sticky last night and couldn't wait to get into the shower!

Susan, I would like to get a HR montior to see how many cals I am burning. Prehaps I should check them out and see how much they are. Maybe I could get one that comes with a ball LOL. I have to look at the rotation to see when I need the ball again, not to mention that I have to get PUB back from a friend today. But calling her is a Loooooooooooooooooong conversation...she likes to talk:)

My legs are a little sore from yesterdays workout and all the walking I did! I could feel they were sore before I even got out of bed but now that I am moving around they aren't to bad. Glad today is my rest day!

Have a good one!

Hey Lori.

I LOVE my HRM. I have the Polar F6. It wasn't cheap, but I use it every day, so I've definitely got my moneys worth. My hubby & kids got it for me for mother's day last year. It's got a lot of great features.

I'm still sore from Tuesday upper body & BBW, but I'll be back at it again this afternoon. My chest & lats are sore and my hamstrings. I'm really hoping Rhythmic Step comes in the mail today so I can do it tomorrow morning. If not, I'll do LowMax.

Jenn - where are ya' girl? Haven't heard from you since Tuesday...

Lori, where do you live that it was so muggy yesterday? I also note that your posts are really early in the AM compared to where I am, so I'm assuming eastern US?

Enjoy your rest day Lori!

Susan:7 :7

Hi girls, here I am.

Last night I did Kickbox Xtreme, this morning I did BC w/u and lower body, + firewalkers, walking lunges and floor work. Tad bit sore in the booty. :7

Lori an HRM is a great investment. I got mine at Dicks for $90. and use it every day.

Susan hope you get your dvd but Lowmax is a fun workout also.

Talk to you all soon.

Jenn

Hi girls, here I am.

Last night I did Kickbox Xtreme, this morning I did BC w/u and lower body, + firewalkers, walking lunges and floor work. Tad bit sore in the booty. :7

Lori an HRM is a great investment. I got mine at Dicks for $90. and use it every day.

Susan hope you get your dvd but Lowmax is a fun workout also.

Talk to you all soon.

Jenn

Hey girls!

This afternoon I did upper body (my own program at the gym) and the BBW. I was still sore from Tuesday, so this was extra tough.

No Rhythmic step:-(, so I'll be doing LowMax and Coremax 3 in the morning.

Cheers,
Susan

Hey Girls:)

Today is Imax and walking lunges for me. I am also going out tonight so I am gonna walk uptown to see if I can find anything to wear:) Yesterday was a nice rest day but I did go for 2 walks.

Jenn, nice to hear you are sore!!!

Susan, I don't live in the U.S...LOL Canada actually...thats why I am enjoying my yrs maternity leave:)

Well, Lori, fellow Canadian, you must be in the east, though. I'm west.

This morning was LowMax and coremax 3. I'm camping this weekend, so I'll be doing the leg conditioning drills from KickMax, since I don't need any equipment, and I'm making my sister drag me out for a 45 minute run tomorrow (ugh)x( . Sunday is rest day - yay!

You ladies have a great weekend!

Susan:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.