Road Trippers - Weds 5/30

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
Morning ladies!! Woohoo I get to start us off today!

Laura - I haven't done GS yet either. They are scheduled for after I'm done with Barry's Bootcamp. I am anxious to try them though.

Mona - I want to try Cathe's May rotation eventually for all the premixes. I just now have enough of her DVD's to do a rotation without having to substitute too much.

Lara - I ate too much over the long weekend too and last week for all my birthday indulgences. I got on the scale this morning. Thankfully the damage isn't too bad.

Kim - Happy Anniversary! That is awesome that your DH will do a step class with you. Uggh why do some men have to be such macho pinheads....what a jerk that guy was for ridiculing your DH. I think it's very cool that he would go with you. Wish mine would. I can get him to do Jari's RTTC with me but I think he just likes looking at one of her background exercisers. :)

Yesterday's workout was Imax 2. This is the first time I have done Imax 2 all the way through and I really enjoyed it. Several years ago I had this DVD and I tried to do IM2 - I could not make it through the warmup. That was my first and last experience with Cathe's step routines for a long time. I feel like super-woman now having tackled my most feared workout of hers. :p Eating is back on track and I'm feeling good!

Have a great day ladies.

T

Good Morning RTers!

Today I did KM Boot Camp.

Tess--Thanks for the S&H update. I have the FitTV version, but wanted the whole thing. I think it will come in the mail today!:) Congrats on your completing IMAX2!! WTG!! My biggest problem is that I don't have much space in the room where I workout, so I can't do any turns or walk around the board, which messes things up!

Laura--Do you do all of the pushups in C&T? I don't think I will ever be able to!!:-( I take it that you like ice cream?;-)

Mona--Did you do L&G Xtreme today? Never tried that one.

Lara--Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Kim--Happy Anniversary! How sweet of your DH to go to step class with you.

Have a great day all!
Gin

Good almost-afternoon Tess & Gin! My eating was horrible over the weekend too especially with my nephew's graduation party on Saturday. As of yesterday though, I am back on track. Luckily, the scale didn't register my unhealthy eating binge.

I've been sidelined from doing any cardio and lower body work due to my knee acting up. I will probably pull out the gym styles tonight and just focus on upper body and keep giving the knee a break. Seems like I always end up with an "injury" just doing normal day things. I rarely actually hurt myself lifting or doing step. This knee just decided to act up during the time I wasn't working out, go figure...

Hope everyone is having a good "Hump Day". Can't believe how close the RT is getting!!!

Good Morning Ladies
Today was my first time doing Leaner Legs what a great workout in a short period of time. Last night I did Cardio blast premix from BM2. This rotation i'm doing more muscle endurance.
Off to work:(
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Hello fellow RT's!

Tess: I was just looking at BBC yesterday and was thinking it looked pretty good. How do you like it? I really shouldn't add anything else that requires money right now but I am always interested in new workouts to try. So, let me know your feedback.

Lara: hope you feel better soon!

Kara: that tree incident sounded scary... hope everything is okay.

Liann: I really hope your knee feels better soon... ugh! It really stinks to have to deal with injuries. Sounds like you will still be able to get in a good workout though. I also always seem to hurt myself doing everyday things and not working out... why is that??

Kim: Happy anniversary! My DH won't ever come take my class that I teach even though two of my sons come at times and I have another man who is a regular. Funny... alot of the women say that their husband's attitude about them coming to class is like " Oh, have fun at your "cute" little class". They all get really pissed because my class is really no joke and they work really hard. So, I told them that I am going to plan to have a "husband" class where only the husband's take class and every husband that shows up gets their wife a free class. So, we are so psyched to see them drop to their knees halfway through class, I plan to work the *&#t out of them... hopefully that will shut them up! (MEN!) Tell your DH good for him going to class with you... HE is the REAL tough guy!

Gin: I never did KM boot camp. You inspired me to do that one tomorrow! Can't wait.

Mona: I'm assuming that since you haven't checked in yet that you really couldn't walk to the computer?? ( Ouch on that lower body work... sounds tough!)

Laura: Let it Rain!!!

Gim: How was Stretch Nax yesterday? I had a good stretch at the end of ballet class yesterday and oh boy it felt wonderful... AAAHH

This morning I taught class, I think I might take a nice walk soon. Later today I have a ballet class... so that's the exercise for today. Eating has been pretty clean. I stopped eating protein bars this last week. I think I was eating too many of them kidding myself that they are okay to have all the time. The ones I eat ( EAS or Pure Protein) are not as bad as others, but two per day is alot of saturated fat!! So, I am taking them out of the diet for now so I can clean up my act a bit. I have also tweaked some other things and am already seeing just a little change in my body.

OH wow, this is a loooong post... sorry!

To all who follow, have a great day!

Hello!

Gin--Yes, I did ALL the push-ups in GS-C&T. However, only the set of 16 and the set of 4 were on my toes. The others were all from my knees.

And, actually, I'm not a huge ice cream fan in general. I do love Starbucks Mocha Almond Fudge. I actually tend to go overboard on the salty snacks more often. But part of the appeal of ice cream is that we can just hardly get it here where we are in Africa.

Tess--Congratulations on Imax2. I remember making it through that for the first time. It is a BIG deal. I remember previewing it and thinking "This is crazy!" Good job girl!

:)

Today is busy. Will write more tomorrow!

Laura

Hello!

Thanks for all of the well wishes ladies!! I think all of the medication I got yesterday from the doctor and the extra long nap I took yesterday made me feel tons better today:) I was able to make it through BMax 2 and felt great the whole time (except for the frequent quick breaks to grab the kleenex).
I made a very big decision to turn in my notice and quit my job today. There has been so much chaos lately, I just felt it was time to leave. I think the move is a good one, but change is so scary isn't it...even if it is for the better (I hope)!!

Tess...I saw your post on the OD forum. So what workout did you decide to do tonight? It sounds like it was a tough choice. Congrats on completing IMAX2!! I LOVE that one..it is so fun!

Gin...I hope your S&H arrives soon. I always get so excited when I have another Cathe on the way!

Liann...I hope your knee heals fast. It is so frustrating to be injured}( Have fun with GS!

Randi...I just got Leaner Legs. I was thinking about trying it tomorrow. Are you sore from the workout?

Vicki...That sounds like a great incentive to get men to your class and have them quit making "cute" little comments to thier wives LOL. Good luck with your diet tweaks! It is amazing how such little changes can make a big difference. I just wish I could stick to those changes more often:)

Laura...Good job on GS CT!! Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Have a great night!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.