Road Trippers - Friday May 8

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all. Lara, have a great time. Don't worry about working out during vacation. I always workout a couple times at the beach. That way I can enjoy the occasional ice cream cone.

I'm pretty pleased with myself for doing the 40 min steady state run called for in Cathe's June rotation yesterday. That worked out to about 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 miles for me. LOL - steady state, but slow! Today I'll be doing MIS. I bought this a couple months ago when a Catheland friend sent me a gift certificate to cathe.com, but this will be the first time I do it.

Have a great Friday all. How many weeks till the RT now?

Catherine--thanks for saying "hi." We look forward to meeting you, too.

Robin--I'm impressed with your 40 minute run, too. Every once in a while I try to run, when I'm away from home and can't carry all my equipment, etc. It's a very different animal! Good job, girl!

When we get ready to head to the States, we have a week at the beach on the Indian Ocean just before we leave Africa. I'm guessing that running is going to be my one means of working out during that time. I'm hoping I can handle it. When you run there is just no break!!

I started working out again yesterday for the first time in almost a week. I managed to avoid getting a real cold, but I've been achy all week and had a cough. I did Step Works on 1 platform. That was just the right intensity. And I discovered, to my delight, that I had NEVER done Step Works! :eek: I thought I had, but I had only done Step Fit and Power Max (on the Cardio Hits DVD). So it was a fun surprise.

Taking another rest day today and will try to hit something with more intensity tomorrow.

Good Morning Girls!

Happy Friday!

Robin - you are going to LOVE MIS. I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't done that one in a long time because it hasn't been on a rotation!

Laura - Welcome back to workout out. Being sick is awful. Glad you're feeling better.

Catherine - Hello.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in August. 63 more day? Is that right?

Dianne

Hi all!

Lara: have fun with your friends... it should be a blast. Everyone thinks I'm nuts when we go away because I work out every day. I always feel out of my element with eating and such so I feel more in control if I make sure I get in a work out. Hey, for you, that is relaxing, right? Anyway, we'll miss you!

Robin: congrats on that run! One thing I absolutely hate is running steady. I do intervals but even that is like torture. I can jump around like a maniac doing any other kind of workout, but for some reason running is like the devil for me. I completely admire people who can do it!! So, you go girl!

Diann: oh yea, 63 days! WOOHOO!

Catherine, welcome and glad you're here!

This morning I teach cardio/sculpt, then this evening I have the house to myself so I plan to do BG. Hopefull my motivation is still there, PMS week is about to turn to just the MS part... aaagh!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Morning,

I am looking forward to meeting all of you ladies and A-Team members at the Road Trip;-)

I have been working out with Cathe for a few year now. I have never worked out in a gym before and I am TERRIFIED of working out with a live class in a gym setting. I have always workout alone in my basement. I need my space (I'm a little clumsy) and feel working out with 105 people might get a little crowded. Does anyone else have this fear? I would love some advise on how to overcome this:D

Anyway, Can't wait until August to meet everyone.

Carolyn

Carolyn, we all have some kind of fear or nervousness concerning the road trip. I'm afraid my thighs will gross you all out. Some are afraid of traveling alone. My understanding is that they decreased the number of RTers from last time to eliminate some of the crowding. And relax, Cathe has promised to make the workouts fun, not so complicated that we can't pick them up right away. I've never been in a gym to workout before either, but the last roadtrippers said the sound of 10o-some pairs of feet hitting the step in unison is amazing and something they all remember.

Goodmorning ladies!!!

Robin - Congrats on your 40 min. steady state run. ;) Let me know how MIS goes. It is one of my "virgin" workouts that I have not used yet. ;)

Hi Catherine! Nice to see you over here. ;) Is the A-Team all cleared up for you? :)

Laura - Glad the cold never got too bad for you. It's always nice when your immune system actually fights something off before it gets bad. ;)

Dianne - Hope your allergies are feeling better today! Mine are a "tiny" bit better. It helps having the windows closed and the air conditioning on. The last few days were mild enough to keep the windows open and that is what killed me. Today it is going to break 90 though, so windows are definitely closed at home! I'm sure my dream was A-Team inspired! ;) Not sure where the volleball aspect came in though. I mentioned it on the bully thread a few days ago, so that might have been it. ;)

Tess - Hope the visit with your mom and dad goes well! :)

Lara - Have fun at the beach!!!

Vicki - Ugh... I hate when it turns into MS. ;) That was me last week. You know those heat pads that you buy in the pharmacy section that heat up when exposed to air? (usually used for sore muscles, etc...) I practically own stock in those during that time of the month. Couldn't make it without them! Without those, I would have to resort to a real heating pad and I do not think walking around work with an orange extension cord coming out the bottom of my pantlegs would work all that well! ;)

Carolyn - You are going to do great! With 105 ladies there, you will blend right in, so don't even worry about coordination etc... I'll be right there fumbling along with you anyways, especially during step. It's inevitable that I will turn the wrong direction almost 80% of the time! And don't you dare laugh when you see my back kicks during kick boxing - ughh...

Last night I did about 45 minutes on the bike and then Low Impact Step (trying to take it easy on the knee). I am still making myself do my push-ups every night before my shower. I'm getting better at the toe ones. Hope to be able to do 30 by next week. That's my goal at least. ;)

Good Morning RTers!

Today I ran 3 miles and then did Body Max2 cardio timesaver and the last 15 min. of CK. Fun cardio!!:)

Tina--I am starting Cathe's June rotation next week. Do you like it so far?

Tess--Enjoy your parent's visit!

Robin--Congrats on the 40 min. steady state run. Were you on a treadmill or outside? I always think outside is easier (mentally).

Lara--Enjoy you beach vacation. Sounds great!

Catherine--I'm looking forward to meeting you too and everybody else!

Laura--How did you like Step Works? I don't have that one.

Dianne--63 more days!!:7

Vicki--I did B&G yesterday...Ouch Max!

Carolyn--I'll be in the back during the Step class.:) The last step class I went to I had to just stop in the middle and leave! I just couldn't keep up. But I figure on the RT, we are just all there to have FUN!!:D

Have a great day all!
Gin

Hello everybody! Wow, busy day today!!!

Lara - I'm headed to the VA Beach in the morning - which beach ya going to? Have a blast!!!

Gin - I absolutely love the June rotation. I'm usually into cardio but here lately I'm enjoying the gym style and slow & heavy series!

Carolyn - don't you worry about a thing. All of us will have a blast and I bet shortly after you get there the jitters will just fly away.

Everybody else- great job on the workouts!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Carolyn: go over to the road trip check in under the thread " what workouts..." and you will see everyone's fears! They range from being spastic during step ( ahem... Tess) to my SERIOUS sweat situation ( requiring a tarp to be put under me...LOL) to Robin's thighs (which I bet are absolutely fabulous! But I'm still glad I won't be the only one wearing pants!) and um, let's just say a whole lotta gassy people ( which we have a plan of action for). Not to worry, I think we will all be having so much fun noone will care about much of anything else. I really believe that we are all just going to be supporting each other! So, not to worry!

Oh, Liann: I am stillc racking up at the sight of you with the cord hanging out of your pants. I choked on my oatmeal when I read that!

I lied, one more post... Dianne, there is actually a plan... go over to that thread that I just mentioned above. You didn't think there wouldn't be a plan now, would you??

OMG, I just read the Workout thread and I'm LOL!! Y'all are too funny!

I missed posting again last night, because I was really depressed. Work is just hellish right now, one new set of bad news after another. I've had a lot of really ugly meetings lately and I just kind of imploded last night. I did do the cardio sections of G-Force as well as KM low impact timesaver, then just collapsed. :-(

This morning I was feeling a little better. I did BM2 Timesaver Cardio only and that always puts a smile on my face. Now the meetings are kicking in again and my Tech partner just told me his lead programmers is leaving for another position. Right in the middle of a HUGE project. x( x(

Ah well, enough of that. Looking forward to the RT!

Just popping in to say hi <wave>:)

It's the last day of school here, so I'm off to play in the pool, it's too damn hot here to do anything else. ;)

Have a great day everyone!
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.