Road Trippers Check in Tues 5/8

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Morning
Today is KPC. I got my cathe catolog and supersets/push and pull in the mail yesterday I'm so excited! My knees are very sore I was taking JOint M.D. but I havent bought anymore since i've been out. It's suppose to work faster then regular glucosmine.
Have great workouts everybody
Randi

Good morning RT's.

Randi... do you have knee problems? My knees have been more sore lately than usual. I'm not sure if it's just "old age" kicking in or what?? I'm sorta in denial right now!

Gin... I do like Almond butter, and I try and switch to that for a little while becaause I definitely don't eat as much of it, but I always wind up staring back at that darned PB jar!! Cashew butter is too sweet for me.

Robin... yard work... is that the thing you do when you pull weeds and make the yard look pretty?? Just wondering because I am thinking it's time to start doing some of that myself!! ( DH always does it because I HATE bugs!! I know, I know, I am truly a girly girl!!)

Josie... lots of luck on your finals!

Kara... your cat is sooo adorable! She looks so cuddly!

Liann... OMG... your " semi slim to completely chunky" remark!! I have been feeling like that since Sunday! We had an entire discussion after cardio/sculpt class last night about exactly that!

Tess... banana nut muffins... HMMMM... sound kinda healthy to me!! I'm sure they had no calories at all! ( I think when you make them yourself there is amnesty from fat and calories... I mean, I just made that up but doesn't that sound like a good rule??) How did the cake situation go yesterday??

Belinda... I never did that premix from LIC, but I am doing the DVD in full this morning so I am going to check it out.

So, I know this is getting long, as usual, but I have something kinda funny, kinda annoying to vent about. I decided I was going to have a month long challenge for my students ( cardio/sculpt) just to get everyone motivated and have some fun. So, to make it fair, I brought in my scale which weighs lbs., body fat and water weight, and this past week I have been taking everyone's weights and all and also measurements. I am going to pick a winner by totaling up loss percentages and someone will win a month of free classes ( $100.00 value, half of which comes out of my pocket!) I am also going to have little mini challenges and have prizes like one free class, a Dynaband, set of weights, etc.!! So, OMG, these women are all going nutso!! They are all freaking out, one woman called her " Exercise Physiologist" friend to find out exactly how much truth there is to the scale, how much % can be expected, blah, blah, blah!! I mean, I have printed out 5 different charts for body fat % to show them that there is no ONE school of thought and that the point of this is to do your personal best! You should hear all the chatter going on and grown women losing their minds! I feel like I opened a pandora's box. I hope they all calm down. Last night I told everyone " Hey, I'm just trying to give away a free class here!! Just have fun!" So, I guess no good deed goes unpunished!! Okay, that's my rant! ( I bet they will all be glad when they work hard and lose weight, fat/inches!! I bet they all of a sudden become experts in the field! LOL)

Off to do LIC. Then I have a root canal today ( never had one before, so I'm really looking forward to this! AAAGH!!)

Have a great day

;-)

Morning RT'ers! Yesterday I got caught up on my rotation. I did B&G (legs only) and PS BBA. Tonight I will attempt either Step fit or Step works...probably step fit since I hear that is the easier of the two.

Vicki - That is so silly about the class. I swear sometimes people will get worked up about anything just so they can have some drama in their lives. I was able to ignore the cake yesterday until about 2:00 then I made the mistake of tasting it. It was delicious so I had a VERY SMALL piece. :) I compensated by having a bowl of cereal for dinner. I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to sweets, especially chocolate cake.

Have a great day ladies.

T

Good morning ladies,

Today I will do Kick Max "Cardio leg Sculpt" premix adn Core Max "Balanced Core".

Randi have fun with KPC! Hope your knee fell better!I am still waiting for my Cathe catalog!

Vicki the premix from LIC is so much fun! It's like a new workout! I wished someone would give me free stuff! What is wrong with people?

Tess I am still one day behind my rotation. I am planning to catch up by the end of this week. I also had a piece of cake yesterday.

Enjoy your day and workout!
Belinda

Hello all!!!
Just checking in in between classes...
Today I am scheduled to do BM2, hopefully I'll have time to do the whole thing this evening w/ having to study and such. Otherwise, I'll do one of the premixes. I'm sure it will be a great workout either way. Have a great day everyone and I'll do a better check in tonight!
Josie

Hi everyone.

Vicki, I am LOL at the ladies in your class. Maybe we will all be like that when we get to the road trip. We should make a pact to not be competitive and just enjoy ourselves. And thank you for defining "yard work", because I'm not really sure what it is. The last thing anyone would say about my yard is that it is pretty.

Tess, sweets are my downfall too. We had a pot luck lunch at church Sunday and I was "in charge" by default. (The person who volunteered never showed up.) I ended up having 3 desserts for lunch. The carrot cake was to die for.

Josie, good luck with the finals. Will you work over the summer? My DD is supposed to be looking for a job, but doesn't seem to be looking too hard.

Randi, sorry about your joint troubles. I'm so thankful I haven't been plagued with any chronic aches or pains yet. DH had to give up running because of knee pain and he's had trouble maintaining his weight ever since. He does a kind of free form step while watching TV, but he moans and groans whenever he sees anyone else running.

Today's work out will be what ever Cathe has on her rotation for week 2 Tuesday. I haven't looked yet. Yesterday's premix from Kick Max just about killed me. Hope today's is easier.

Robin I did Kick Max premix, it is a tough one}( I still have Core Max to do! I will do CM later this evening>

Josie good luck with the finals:)

Have a great day!
Beinda

Hi ladies! The only workout on my agenda today is "Work Max". I had planned to get up early this morning for another weight workout, but forgot to turn my alarm on! Woke up at 8 a.m. and ran out the door for work. Luckily, no one around here pays much attention to when I come in. Today is one of the dreaded 14 hour days, so no time for an evening workout. I am counting the days until I can quit this second job. Minus 53 days and counting......

Randi - I might need to try some of that Joint M.D. My right shoulder crackles and snaps every time I rotate it. It sounds horrible. :(

Vicki - I still feel chunky... I had hoped I would wake up "thin" this morning, but it didn't happen. I think it will take me at least a week to recover from the weekend! I have to laugh at your class situation. It's amazing how grown women can turn into little kids wanting to win the "prize". You are definitely right in the saying that no good deed goes unpunished! ;) Hope that root canal goes well. Anything that involves my teeth gives me the heebie jeebies!

Tess - Glad you got caught up on your rotation. I am now behind and trying to figure out a way to catch up!

Belinda - Have fun with the Kick Max and Core Max premixes today!

Josie - Good luck with BM2! That's a monster! ;)

Hi Robin! I gave in to a piece of cake over the weekend too... Heck, I gave in to almost every kind of food over the weekend, so I guess the cake isn't really all that shocking! I bet that carrot cake was good! ;)

Hi everyone!

I just realized I haven't posted here since last Thursday. Life has been hectic, so I just took a little time for myself and read through the last few days checkins. It sounds like,
1) There's been a whole lotta eating going on! I had my cheat day on Saturday, so I'm right there with everyone else feeling the bloat.
2) We have quite a few May birthdays in our group. Happy Birthday to all!!
3) There a quite a few of us who are big fans of PS. Women who like to pump iron - too cool!

Randi - I am very excited about getting the catalog. Hopefully not too much longer now. Hope your knees feel better soon.

Vicki - Your story about your boys' confirmation was very touching. Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you have a beautiful family. I hope your root canal is as painless as possible. I had one a few years back and it was relatively painless.

Tess - Step Fit is really fun. I hope you enjoy it. The first time I did it was the first time I did the Macarena arms (in the cool down). Cathe kept saying, "I know you already know it," and I was cussing her out saying, "NO! I don't!"

Belinda - Kick Max Cardio Leg Sculpt is such a great workout. I absolutely LOVE the leg sculpting drills!

Robin - Looks like you're up for BM2 Cardio Blast Premix today. Hope you have loads of fun with that - the music in the new videos really makes me smile. We had a Buffett concert here last week and I was thinking about you. I didn't go (I have to confess the Parrotheads kind of creep me out :p - not sure why) so I listened to his CDs all weekend instead. I am currently addicted to his Margaritaville 2 disc set.

Heather - Good luck with that clutter. I've struggled with that a bit in the past, so I can relate. Every little step in a step in the right direction!

So, what have I been up to since I last posted? Well, Friday I had MIC on the rotation buuuuut. . . somehow, I got a wild hair up my you-know-where and decided to hook up a VCR in the workout room and do Mega Step Blast instead. That was the first time I actually did that video, which is always a new challenge. Also, being one of Cathe's older videos, it had all kinds of interesting arm movements, which added to the challenge. Glad I did that! Helps me feel more coordinated. Saturday was Bootcamp, which was not nearly as much fun as it would have been if I hadn't just done Drill Max, which I just adore for the functional fitness and the music. I also did a *ton* of house work on Saturday; it all started when a little spider hopped on my arm while I was drinking my morning coffee. Totally grossed me out and that was good motivation! :+ :p I bonded with the Dyson, vacuuming all the blinds/windowsills in the house, the sofas in the family room and the living room, and the entire downstairs. And I scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom and did laundry until I ran out of Tide. AND I cleaned the master bath. . . . All that in spite of a major power outage in my area Saturday morning/afternoon. Hmmmm. . . . maybe that's why Bootcamp wasn't as much fun as normal - I did it at the end of the day, after all that cleaning. :+ Sunday was GS C&T. Triceps are my weakest body part, so that one is always a challenge. OK - so it's a challenge right from the get-go with those drop-set pushups, but in a good way. I did all the bench presses and pec flyes except for the last 2 sets with 20# dbs - yowza! Then I added on the cardio sections of G-Force; I'm really loving my rebounder! Yesterday was a semi-rest day; I did Core Max 2 in the morning and Stretch Max 3 in the evening. Then DH came home (he'd been off watching the PBR tour in Del Rio all weekend with his buddies from hunting camp) and we had a nice long soak in the hot tub.

That brings me right up to today. I got up a little late this morning, but I went ahead and worked out since I'm booked in meetings until late this evening (I'm multi-tasking right now. :7 ) GS BSB was on the rotation and I am pleased to say I survived! The only exercise I didn't match Cathe's weight on was the second set of concentration curls. I'll use 20s for the first set or two of traditional curls in S&H Bis, but not this one! Uh uh, no way!! My arms are fried already! Always something to look forward to accomplishing. . . that and working on those triceps.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Hi Mona! Glad to see you checking in! Sounds like you have been a very busy bee! I long for the day when I can match Cathe's weights. Not quite there yet. :)

Hi Liann! I missed your post while I was typing mine up. I am glad to be back! When I started with Cathe in the fall of 2004, I thought her weight selections were crazy heavy!! I only had sets of dumbbells from 3-10 lbs and I pretty much picked up about 1/2 of whatever she said she was using. Ever so slowly, I heavied up and got strong enough to to match Cathe most of the time. Still, I know she (and her crew) lift even heavier than that IRL, so there's always something more to aspire to. ;-)

Robin - I am going to continue working at my current job and just increase my hours over the summer. I would like to try to accumulate some extra $ that I'm sure will be useful in the fall once I have to go back to school. DH has to work 2 jobs so I don't have to work full time, so I'd feel really bad if I sat at home all summer while he worked..although it would give me more time to work out...:)
Josie

Wow, Mona, you were like a spring cleaning machine. I got my major spring cleaning chores done a couple weeks ago, but haven't begun the yardwork and the routine chores have fallen behind. Ah well, such is life. LOL about parrotheads. I'm a non-practicing parrothead. Love the music, skip the concerts. Someday I'd like to get to one though, just to complete the Buffett-experience. Sort of like going on a road trip to see Cathe.

I swapped the KM premix with BM2 cardio blast. I'll do the KM thing tomorrow.I was thinking that I needed more cardio so I did BM2 today. I forgot about the KM blasts! Maybe I blocked them out of my mind!

Tess, I love the countdown clock on your myspace!

Well, as far a yard work goes...I don't do it! I dont' water my lawn because that just makes the grass grow faster! I rake in the Spring just to uncover my flower beds! I used to think of my yard as a playground, but now that the kids are older I guess I have no excuse;) Oh wait, just thought of one, why should I clean up the yard when the dog will just mess it up.
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Liann - OMG, you weren't kidding about BM2. I had only done the ab section before, I just got it a few weeks ago and it wasn't in my rotation. So...I decided to do it today. I have renamed it "Death Max". The best part was when I slipped off the stability ball like a watermelon seed b/c I was so sweaty. By the time the power circuits were done my face was the same shade of red as my top. Unbelievable. I can't believe that I did that to myself on purpose}(

I'm just glad now that I actually made it through the whole thing (on a 6" step, though) without putting in any extra rest, severly injuring, decapitating or killing myself. To everyone who actually does this THING on an 8" step, I bow down to you :)

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.