Road Trippers Check in Monday 5/7

randidiane

Cathlete
HEy ladies
Yeah I'm the first one to post::)
Finished week one of Debbies May rotation. I am very sore!. Today is ME upper body plus CK. Dont have CK will use KM Low impact premix.
Have a great day
Randi

Good morning Randi and all to follow. I can't believe how fast the weekend went. I didn't get a lick of house or yard work done, and it shows. I'm off on Thursday and guess it will be chore day.

Today's workout will be whatever Cathe has on May's rotation for the second Monday. I think it is lower body stuff. I also have to run errands after work (does anyone ever leave work and go straight home?) and make something for a bake sale. My church is used as a polling place during tomarrow's election and they let us set up a bake sale.

Everyone have a wonderful Monday.

Hello all!
Ah, Monday...Today I am beginning Cathe's February rotation, having just completed April's rotation yesterday ( I know, I'm working backwards). Today will be a favorite of mine, Low Max. Always fun!!!

This week I have finals at school, so I definitely have to do some studying so I can finish up the semester with 5 more A's. I'm a little nuts when it comes to my grades...but I figure that's a good thing to be a perfectionist about. I only have to take 4 finals, my anthropology class doesn't require you to take the final if you have an "A" aerage in the class. Out of the other 4, only 2 are cumulative so I don't think it will be too bad...and after this week...FREEDOM!!! No school until August...what a great thought!

Have a great day everyone...I have to go study!

Josie

Good morning RT's.

It is a beautiful morning here in NY!! I am really looking forward to being outside.

We went to dinner last night for my DH's birthday... what a nice night! I am loving my kids at the ages they are right now!They are so funny and their teenage gossip cracks me up. Made for lively dinner conversation. We had a great time and I had some really delicious seafood paella. I asked for it without the sausage since I don't eat meat. I mostly stick to fish and maybe chicken/turkey if there are no good fish options. I didn't eat all the rice since the day before turned out to be quite the "carb-fest" for me!!

Today will be GS Legs followed by a walk/run outside. Tonight I teach Cardio/Sculpt. Saturday I had someone sub for me since I had the boys' confirmation. It was the first time anyone ever taught for me before and I am kinda a control freak ( okay, I'm a HUGE control freak!) so I am anxious to see how it went. I'm pretty sure the world didn't end, but we'll see tonight!

I really want to eat well this week. I feel like between the PB madness lately and a bit of too much "grazing" I have been taking in a few extra calories. SOOO, I am taking inventory this week and will be trying a little harder to think more before putting stuff in my mouth!

I hope you are all well... enjoy your day!

I am getting sooo excited to meet you all in August!!

Good morning ladies!!

I got SO to help me do an avatar last night. This is one of my 16 year old kitties "Shelby". This morning I did GS C&T that I have been dreading forever. It was HARD, but I did get through all the pushups (on my knees of course) but I was still very happy about that:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIE!!!!! Enjoy your dinner:D

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kara

Good morning ladies! This morning was Slow and Heavy Chest and Biceps. Yes, I actually got my lazy butt out of bed this morning and worked out! This afternoon I am going to go do a Cardio Coach at the gym. Not sure whether I'll use the elliptical or the treadmill yet. All I know is I need a serious calorie burning workout! I'm not even going to talk about my eating this weekend - it was atrocious. Do you ever feel like overnight you can go from being semi-slim to completely chunky? I swear my mid-section gained 4 inches in two days!!! I have a lot to work off today and I will have to be extra careful about what goes into my mouth this week.

Randi - Have fun with ME and KM today! :)

Robin - The weekend did go way too fast! I always need one more day! Have fun baking!

Josie - Good luck with the finals! It always feels sooo good when you are all done with them! :)

Vicki - Have fun teaching tonight. I'm sure they missed you! :) Glad you had a good dinner with DH and the kids.

Well, I'm off to get some throat losenges. My throat started feeling scratchy last night. I'm trying to nip this in the bud! Can't afford to be sick right now. :(

Good Morning RTers!
Today I did IMAX1 and it wasn't as tough for me as I thought it would be!! I survived it!!:D

Randi--Enjoy KM.

Robin--I am curious about Cathe's May rotation. I may want to try it after the rotation I am doing now. Do you like it?

Josie--Good luck with finals. My DS is starting his college finals today.

Vicki--Have you ever tried cashew butter or almond butter? both yummy, but not as good as PB!!:D

Kara--I am so glad to hear I am not the only one that has trouble doing big girl pushups. C&T is a tough one. I started a few weeks ago with negative pushups and am slowly able to do a few on my toes.

Have a great day!
Gin

Hi everyone. Liann - I feel just like you. I feel like I went from making progress to going backwards this weekend. My eating was TERRIBLE. I had my cheat day Saturday (pizza) but yesterday, we had some aging bananas so I made banana nut muffins and ate way too many! Then DH and I painted our front door and put a peep hole in it. Well any time DH does a "project" he likes to eat out as a reward for all his hard work so we went to Carabbas. Yes, I SKIPPED my workout and went to Carabbas instead. LOL. This morning I am feeling like a bloated whale. Oh well, back on track today...although someone did bring in cake to work. I am ignoring the cake, I do not see the cake, I do not want the cake.

So tonight I'll double up and do B&G + PS BBA and get caught up. I hate having my workouts fall on the wrong day lol.

Randi - Enjoy your workout!

Robin - I did not get any yard work done either and had lots of ambitious plans.

Josie - good luck with finals! Are you almost done with school? Happy birthday!

Vicki - your post the other day ago about your triplets brought tears to my eyes, especially your DS's choice for his confirmation name. I can't possibly imagine how you must feel during those special times in your boys' lives. ((hugs))

Kara - Shelby is absolutely adoreable. What breed is she? I'm such a sucker for kitties. Her mama is gorgeous too! Great job on the pushups.

Gin - Wow, I have new respect for you for tackling Imax. I actually have this one...maybe I'll have to break it out before the RT.

Liann - see first paragraph, I'm sharing your misery this morning. :)

Have a great day everyone.

T

Good morning.

THe weekends just fly don't they. Well today I rodey bike for 45 minutes and intend to try to Stepfit just because the tape fell off the shelf when I was straightening.

Nutrition

B: Egg whites lite bacon grapes
S: Sunflower Seeds
L: Smart One and salad and an apple
S: popcorn
D: Tilipia and grilled veggies

Thanks for inspiring me today

Good morning ladies,

I ended up not working out yesterdayx( I feelt like crap! Today I doing to do LIC " Lower Body Cardio Blast" premix and Total Body Stretching "Stretch #3" Premix (11 Min)> this way I catch up with my rotation!

Randi have fun with ME upper body plus CK. Hope your soreness is letting up!

Robin enjoy Kick Max and Core Max "Balanced Core" today!

Josie glad you found the perfect workout for you today! April rotation is a lot of fun! Good luck on you finals! My DD Alesia has finals this week too!

Vicki a nice long walk sounds so soothing. Enjoy GS Legs! Happy Birtday to your DH! Glad you had a nice evening!

Kara great job on GS C+T! I do my pushups on my knees!

Gin great workout this morning! IMAX 1 is tough!

Liann ^5 on SH Chest and Biceps and Cardio Coach! You go girl! I have been eating like Ms.Biggy myself last few days! Since my B- day Thursday!

Tess looks like a few of us been eating like grazy! Today is another day! I am like you I don't like falling back on my rotattions! I also have to double up this week to catch up! Have fun wdo B&G + PS !

Crabbyella nice workout this morning! 45 min bike ride and Step Fit!

Have a great day!
Belinda

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!!
I have probably 3 more semesters to go, including my student teaching in order to get my BS and CT state teaching certification. I just went back to school last summer after a 7 year lapse(I went to another university for 2 years right out of high school, but I had no idea what I wanted to do and spent most of my time having too much fun and not enough studing!), and the time has actually gone by really quickly!

Road Trip Check-in

Good evening, Road Trippers! I hope y’all are having a blessed week. I am taking a short break from my clutter clearing project and coming up for air!

First things first. I shared last month that I started a 16-week fat blasting rotation to get ready for the Road Trip. I completed the fourth week Saturday morning. Since my last check-in, I did High Step Challenge Thursday morning, Stretch Max Friday morning, and the hi-lo segment from Christi’s Cardio Collectibles DVD plus Better Burn Better Buns Saturday morning. I decided to take a break from my planned rotation this week and just enjoy a few fun workouts. I am up to my butt in clutter, and I need to focus on getting ready for my mother’s visit. I reworked a 12-week rotation that I am planning to start on Mother’s Day. That will get me through the Saturday before the Cathe Road Trip.

Along with binge eating, obesity, and debt, clutter has been a strangling stronghold in my life. I do not fully understand why I do the things I do, but I hate living like this. I have been trying to dig my way out of this pit for years. I got my vacuum cleaner out of the closet and decided that a bulldozer would be much more helpful and effective! Over the past few years, I have made several attempts to break free from this overwhelming mess and transform my home into a sanctuary for my soul. I have never had any lasting success. I have made some progress. It is very similar to my weight in that I seem to be stuck in the middle. I am not where I was, but I am not where I want to be or need to be either. I am halfway between the starting gate and the finish line. I need to keep running with perseverance and finish the race.

Michelle from the Road Trip check-in recommended a book by Peter Walsh called It’s All Too Much. He is the professional organizer on Clean Sweep (which I never get to watch because I do not have that channel). I have read everything I could get my hands on through the years. I did not like the FlyLady’s approach that everyone else seems to love. Her constant e-mails are more clutter than they are worth in my opinion. I do not need reminders to shine my sink. I need someone to inspire me, hold my hand, and coach me through the process of clearing the clutter out of my home. I went to the bookstore after work Thursday and read the introduction of this book. It clicked with me, and I knew that I had to have this book. I love his humor and his writing style. He also answers questions I have always had like exactly what documents and financial records to keep and for how long. According to the test in this book, I am a hardcore hoarder. Of course, I already knew this! Shelley would need intense therapy after a visit to my home! Oh, wait, she is coming to Texas next spring. I need to start getting ready now!

I am making progress. Rebecca came over yesterday morning and helped me haul out all the stuff I had waiting by the front door. We filled her husband’s truck and the trunk of my car! I took a box of books to Hastings and sold them for $72.00!

I treated Rebecca to breakfast at Cracker Barrel yesterday morning and finally got to enjoy one of their wild blueberry muffins that I have been craving for a month. The grits actually tasted better than the muffin! My taste buds prefer simplicity now.

I need to return to my book reading and clutter clearing. I skimmed through the section on shoes. Peter Walsh has the audacity to suggest that I reduce my shoe collection. Step away from my shoes, Mr. Clean Sweep, and nobody gets hurt! I will freely admit that I have way too many socks. I sucked a pair up in the vacuum cleaner Saturday night, and it stinketh! LOL! I think I killed my vacuum cleaner. Death by sweaty workout socks!

I hope to check-in again Thursday night before Mom and her husband arrive. I need to focus and start stuffing the rest of this clutter back into closets and drawers. There is not enough time to deal with all of it in one week. It is a journey, and this home transformation project is even more challenging for me than my body transformation journey. I am hoping to be back on track with daily check-ins next week!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.