Road Trip Thurs. 5/31

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Hello RT's...

I am getting us started today... love when that happens!

Just a quick check in as I have to get moving and get working out so I can run around and do like 100 errands.

I woke up this morning and felt a bit thinner... HMMM... could it be those protein bars I gave up? Maybe it's the "tweaking"? Anyway, it was a good feeling. Of course I am going to be starting PMS week in a few days so out the window it will go! But, for now I feel a bit less "bloated" so yeah for me!

I am heading to the basement for LIC. I was going to do the KM premix but today is a weight day so I will do that one tomorrow. Tonight I teach cardio/sculpt.

Hope you all have a great day. It's beautiful here in NY but it's going up to 90, so bring on the sweat!

Morning ladies!

Vicki great job on feeling less bloated. I have been feeling that way too and I'm encouraged. I think mine will be short lived too though. Friday night is Bunco night and I'm bringing snacks...I see brownies in my future. :9

Last night I really really wanted to do LIC. DH and I went to this little Indian vegetarian place we always go to for dinner and we ended up talking to the owner after our meal for about an hour. Well by the time we got home, I didn't have the energy for a new workout so I did Icycle 15 on the spinning bike. I think I will go for LIC tonight though.

Hope you have a great day ladies.

T

Morning,

It's been awhile since I have wrote. I have been super busy here at work etc. Sounds like great workouts! I am so psyched it is almost the weekend, nothing major planned but love them!!! My workouts have been consistent, eating ahhh have to work on that. I'll write back in a little bit getting busy here again. Is it Friday yet???

Erin :)

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi"....it has been a while since I checked in-- been busy with kids getting out of school, end of year parties, field day...they wait till the end of the year for all these school celebrations!?:) I have been squeezing in my workouts when I can...thats all you can do, right?

Hope everyone has a great day:)

Michelle

Hello everybody! I pop in from time to time - I'm sure this thread will be hard to keep up with closer to the road trip!!!

Vicki, you live in NY? OMG, I've gone on a couple trips to NYC and just feel in love!

You guys keep up the good job working out!!
x( :7

Good Morning RTers!

Today I did P90X Core Synergistics. Does anyone else have this? What do you think? I like it. It's the only p90x I own.

Liann--I've had knee trouble before from a running accident. So sorry about your knee trouble. How did you do it?

Randi--Which rotation are you doing? Do you like it?

Vicki--Did you do KM Boot Camp? I love PB:9 like you do but I've been getting a lot of headaches and wonder if PB is the culprit!!x( Going to try to lay off and experiment.

Laura--Congrats on doing all of those C&T pushups....KILLER!!

Lara--Hope all goes well with your job change.

Tess-- Have fun at Bunco. Is there $ involved? I used to play years ago!

Erin, Michelle and Tina--Hi!!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good afternoon everyone! Well, so far so good on the eating. I'm not eating totally "clean", but a lot healthier than I was this weekend! Plan to do a cardio coach tonight on the bike and then a bis & tris workout - maybe gym styles.

Gin - I originally hurt my knee figure skating. Actually, I was being stupid and put on hockey skates to try them out. It was right before a big competition and I totally wiped out and smashed my knee good. I could barely walk, but I didn't tell my coach about it and kept training anyways. He never noticed that I couldn't actually walk much off the ice... Anyways, the knees has never been the same. I should have admitted what I did and went to the dr. to have it checked out, but I didn't want to miss the competition. I did tell my coach about it after I got off the ice from the competition and I think I still have a bruise from where he hit me on the butt with my skate guard! I didn't do anything to it this time around, it just acts up from time to time. Funny though, it rarely acts up when I'm doing leg workouts. Just a little during step and everyday life.

Vicki - Don't you love waking up and feeling "thin"? That only happens to me on occation, but it's a lovely feeling. ;)

Tess - LIC is next up on my rotation as soon as this knee tells me it's ok. Have fun with it today! :)

Erin - Friday is almost here! I'm excited for the weekend too. For once my house is already clean!!! I can actually do something I WANT to do this weekend. ;)

Michelle - Life is way too busy. Squeezing in workouts is about the best I can do right now too. :) We need more hours in the day.

Hi Tina!

Happy Thursday!!

Well, things are getting busy here! When school gets out, we always get a lot of visitors because people are free to travel. We're actually hosting fewer visitors this summer, so I thought things might not be so hectic. Plus, school is out for me and my kids, and since I teach 2 classes, I thought, again, that I might be less busy. But we're busy trying to clean out the teacher workroom, and I do have a group of 4 coming tomorrow to stay for a week, so, so much for less busy!!

The clean-eating challenge is really helping me. I feel like I have a healthy eating plan that is a life-time eating plan and not a diet. I try to watch what I eat but not stress myself out with being strict. However, it's easy for that to slide and get more and more lax. Being really strict for a week has helped me to regain focus. Wouldn't want to be quite this strict all the time, but a week will be perfect.

BTW--what does DOMS actually stand for? Is it Day-Of Muscle Soreness? That would make sense, except that I'm usually sore the day after. That would make it DAMS, which might actually better express how we all feel about it. }( So, that just made me wonder if it stood for something else. Anyway, I get the general idea, but would someone please enlighten me about the exact meaning? :)

I have had a little soreness after GS-C&T, but not much. I figured out that the inter-costal soreness was from the overhead French Press. That's one of the exercises that I did heavy up on. I'll definitely come back to that workout. I know low-ends are effective, but sometimes it's nice to have a workout where you know that everything is going to be a steady count. I like that almost everything in GS-C&T is a 2-2 count.

Today was RS. I overdosed on this one a while back because I enjoyed it so much and then I burned out on it. This was my first time back in a long time. It is fun! Someone complained about the whiny dolphin lady music, and that's not my favorite, but it's not so bad. And the rest of the music is great. :) I used 2 risers with Rhonda and was not dying at the end (I'm 5'8", in case you missed that post). I don't always use 2 risers when she does, but today I did and it felt great. I felt really strong and that was fun! :)

Well, this post is getting long. I may have trouble posting the next 2 days as we get our visitors settled in!

See ya!
Laura

Laura - DOMS stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Enjoy your visitors and great job on the clean eating challenge!

Hi everyone!

I didn't make it here yesterday - just too doggone busy again. To anyone who was worried that I couldn't walk yesterday, I had to wait and work out after I got home from work. I'm having a little trouble with DOMS today (okay, that's an understatement, I hurt everywhere) but I survived the workout. After doing the first section of standing work with the same weight as Cathe the first time through, I dropped down one DB for the second time through. So, if it was a 15 the first time, it was a 12 the second, etc. Oh, and those power plie squats and lunges were not pretty the second time through! I did manage to keep the ankle weights all the way through both sets of the second section of standing leg work, but it was a struggle. That is one tough workout.

So now this morning, I did Push/Pull Upper Body 3 sets and I am totally feeling the "Groundhog Day" vibe. Repeat everything over and over and over again! :7 I swear I thought I was going to fall on my head during the second set of inverted shoulder press, so I did traditional military press for the third set. I think my shoulders are going to hurt just about as bad as my hamstrings tomorrow. Oh, and my back, too. Does she really HAVE to do that much back work in one video? }(

Vicki - It's getting hot down here in Houston, too. Hope you can hide from the heat most of the day.

Tess - I hope you have fun with LIC. I love, love, LOVE that workout. I've been known to turn it on for background noise when I work from home. Keeps me smiling from start to finish!

Hi Erin - Good to see you here again. Nooooo, it's not Friday yet, but that's okay with me. I have another all-nighter this Friday. :-(

Michelle - You're right! You do what you can and don't sweat the rest.

Tina - I've been thinking the same thing. The closer we get to the RT, the more posts we'll see here. Looking forward to it!

Gin - I don't have any P90X, and I'm waiting till after the RT to see if I still want them. Right now, I really, really want the whole set and I doubt that will change, but I'm still waiting.

Liann - I'm totally jealous of your freedom this weekend. Having to work all night Friday will just kill any plans for Saturday for me. x(

Laura - Wow!! 2 risers for RS and I would be laid out on the floor gasping for breath. I'm hoping to work up to that level someday, though.

See y'all tomorrow!

Hello.

Vicki and Tess...WIth all the talk of LIC, I decided to do the Cardio Premix. I really wanted to add on the blasts again, but I had to shower quickly and meet some co-workers for drinks--I know, priorities:( If I have time, I will add extra cardio tomorrow to make up for it.

Erin and Michelle...Nice to hear from you again. I hope things slow down for you soon.

Gin...Thanks for the well-wishes about my job. I definitely need words of encouragement right now:)

Laura...I did RS a few days ago. It is so much fun! Good Luck with your continued success of the clean eating challenge!

Mona...Sounds like you have had some great workouts the last few days! Good luck recovering from DOMS!

I hope you all have a great night! Happy Friday!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.