Road Trip Fri. 5/18

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Good morning RT's. Guess I'll get us started today.

Last night I cancelled my Cardio/sculpt class because I had a hard time walking on my pulled calf muscle let alone teach class. I did PUB and extra weighted crunches on the SB. I am getting ready to go teach this morning. I am feeling better. I will take some Motrin and just do class Low Impact ( not easy for me but I have no choice!!)

This weekend my DH and I are going to a beautiful place in Lake George NY for the weekend. Sometimes it's just more work than anything to plan this stuff. I have to make all the arrangements for the kids, including rides for some rehearsals they have for upcoming recitals/shows. I feel like a cruise director right now, but I'm sure once I get out of here and can enjoy some quality time with DH things will be fine.

Robin... I hope Packmax is going well. I will be laughing when I think of that as I do my packmaxing tonight! Hope you have a great trip. You deserve it with all you do!!

Tess... make that spoon a Tablespoon cause you know I can get a little carried away with the PB!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
Everyone else, hope you have a great day!

Goodmorning Vicki! and all Road Trippers to follow. Last night my DH had to work, so I did Pure Strength Back and Abs and then rode on my recumbent bike through about an hour of tv. Convenient having it set up right in front of the tv. ;) I also spent about 5 minutes in the garage jump roping. Someone tell me how I ever did this as a kid? I used to spend hours jumping rope and now I swear a minute kills me. Phew... After all that though, I went and had a very large piece of cake this morning at work... One step forward, one huge step back. Oh well... I earned it. ;) I'll just have a potato for lunch and call it good. That was my first time doing PS - L&A. That was a great leg workout! I know I am going to be feeling it today and tomorrow!!!

Vicki - Sorry about your pulled calf muscle! Hope it feels better soon! Have fun this weekend!!!

Michelle - Have fun with LIC. My only theory on the jump rope is that I probably weigh twice now what I did when I was a kid skipping rope, so it takes more effort now for me to get my fat butt of the ground when the rope comes flying around. ;)

Morning everyone:)

Today is LIC for me. Since it has started to get warmer I am trying to get my workouts done in the morning, rather than waiting till the heat of the afternoon.

Vicki- be careful with you leg today. All your arrangements will be worth it when you finally get away:) Hey, how is your hubby liking his new job?

Liann- my dd came home the other day all excited about learning how to jump rope...when I took the rope and showed her that mommy could do it also...I could only get it around a few times before I was wore out!?x(

Hope everyone has a good day:)

Michelle

I think all our road trippers have gone on vacation! ;)

Had to pop in again really quick to say HOLY COW! My butt hurts!!! Lol! The DOMS from PS Legs are really kicking in. I just got up from my desk to walk down the hall and can we say "ouchie". It's a good sore though and I now know that that workout works EVERY single muscle in your legs and butt. I'll definitely be doing that one again. :)

Hello all,

Today is going to be one heck of a day for me...I have to work from 8pm to 5am ewwwwwww!!!x( We have to do a new floorset and bring out new product tonight at J Crew, obviously can't do it during business hours, but overnights stink! I tried to stay up as late as I could last night (made it until 3am) so I would sleep late today. I could only sleep until 11:30...I hope I can make it until 5 w/o lapsing into a coma!!!

I know I'm having a rest week, but I think I'm going to do Low Impact Step and some abs, I feel like I need to do something!

Have a great day everyone...I'll check in w/ personals later.

Josie

Ladies! Just popping into say hello and confess. I am recovering from a sugar-induced coma. Last night I ate about 6 chocolate chip cookies and a bowl of ice cream and I skipped my workout. Today someone brought chocolate cake to work so I had to have some. I feel like a total piglet. Next week is gonna be even worse because DH is taking me out for my bday to my favorite restaurant and I will not be able to say no to cake PLUS one of the girls at work is baking me a rum cake. I wonder if anyone has ever lost weight on an all cake diet?? Tonight I'll do some kickboxing and try to redeem myself a little bit.

Have a good one ladies!!

Hi ladies,

I got my flight reservation! I will fly Monday, May 28 - Tuesday, June 12! I can't wait to see my mom and sisters again! My DH is going with me, at least I am not alone!
By May,28 I'll could be done with my rotation!

Todays workout is Boot Camp?Muscle Endurance " Everything But Core" Premix 48 min. plus Abs from Muscle Endurance 9.5 min.

Vicki - Sorry about your pulled calf muscle! Hope your leg is feeling better soon! Enjoy your weekend! Make sure you take it easy!

Liann I enjoy the Pure Strength series! Good job on your back & ab workout yesterday! And 1 hour on the bike! Jump rop kills me too:+
I'll bet the cake was good? Your legs are going to feel it tomorrow!

Michelle hope you enjoyed LIC this morning! I have to turn my AC on lately, it gets to hot when I work out!

Tess sounds like you had to much fun yesterday! When is your B-day?? Have fun with kickboxing tonight!

Josie have fun with Low Impact Step and abs! I hope your day is going better than yesterday!

Have a good workout and day ladies!
Belinda

Josie - Good luck staying up tonight! That is rough enough without it being a Friday night!

Tess - Lol, I'm with you on giving into cake at work. I had a piece of chocolate and vanilla here this morning. I wish they wouldn't bring that stuff into work! I have the hardest time saying NO! I definitely think a "cake" diet needs to be designed! ;-)

Belinda - So glad you got your reservations all taken care of and that your DH is going to go with you. How long since you have seen your mother and your sisters?

Laura - Nice to see you back! Hope the trip went well. :)

Hello, ladies! I'm still around. We were gone for a week, then got back and had all the unpacking and resettling to do, the internet went off, etc. etc. I've been able to read a couple of threads, but I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Didn't really manage to keep up on working out the way I wanted to while we were gone, but got right back in the groove once we got back. (It was a choice between time to actually work out or time to get online and TALK about my workouts--so I worked out.) I've missed you girls!

Tuesday was a check point day for me in my effort to match Cathe's weights on ME. I'm pretty close! I need to add 5 more pounds on the squats, 9 pounds on the lunges, and make it through the whole bicep routine without dropping from 10s to 8s. (And my form isn't the greatest on the push-ups, though I did all 3 sets on my toes.) All in all, though, I was pretty impressed with myself, and I've got till mid-July to perfect my form and increase my weights. :) I've enjoyed having this goal to work toward.

Well, I've got lots of reading to do to catch up with you girls!! So I'll quit writing and go look up the old threads.

Laura

;) ;) :eek:

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello again. I still have to make my reservations but will do very soon. I love the cake diet, that is one I would not refuse :) hehe!! So happy it is Friday! Does anyone have good plans for the weekend?

Erin

Liann I haven't seen my mom and siters in almost 3 years! I know it's a long time! I fly in 10 days! I only worried gaining a lot of weight in Germany, the food is so good:p :9 :* I know I wanna eat all the gooooood food that I don't get here in the states!

Belinda

Hi trippers. I just finished Step Blast. I've got a few more chores to do around the house in preparation for our trip. I want to repack my carryon. My DH thinks I may be a "random searchee" since he was unable to get my e-ticket boarding pass to print.

Vicki, have fun in Lake George. We drive thru there on our way to visit my mom in VT, but I've never seem more than the strip of outlets. I hope you have good weather and your leg behaves.

Liann, I tried jumping rope one weekend when I was visiting family with no VCR. It about killed me. Maybe Cathe should incorporate some in a workout.

Michelle, was your DD impressed with your rope jumping skills?

Josie, I hope you make it thru the night OK. Think of me about 1am, when I am getting up to begin my marathon trip out west.

Tess, I'm sorry to have to tell you the all cake diet doesn't work. I tried it last week. In 2 days I think I had about 5 servings, big servings, of cake. Luckily I didn't gain any weight, but I sure felt crappy.

Laura, good job with the weights. I can go weight for weight with almost everything of Cathe's. Except biceps and pushups. I wimp out almost everytime.

Hi Erin, my good weekend plans include flying to WA state to visit my sister, a trip everyone else is probably sick to death hearing about. LOL

Belinda, it's great you'll see your family. Too bad it's a sad occasion. Remember to eat small portions of everything and I'm sure you'll be OK.

Gotta run. I'll probably be in and out a couple times next week.

Robin - Have fun in WA! I thought that was where you were going. Obviously I wasn't sick of hearing it, cuz' I wasn't even completely sure that was where you were going. It's amazing how many people have a sister in WA. This girl I work with is going out there in June for a few weeks to visit her sister, then DH and I are going out in July to visit DH's parents and you guessed it - his sister.

Erin - My weekend plans include going Old Navy shopping with DH tomorrow morning (last day of the 20% stuff your bag sale) and then I am dragging him to an oldies concert with my parents for my dad's birthday. Neither DH and I are too thrilled about it, but it's my dad's b-day and the tickets to the concert were my gift to him. Sunday will be spent cleaning house. I'm hoping to sneak in some workouts during the weekend too, but we'll see how that goes. ;)

Robin have a save trip to WA! Have fun with with your sister ! How long are you staying?

Liann have fun shopping! Enjoy the concert with your parents! happy Birthday to your dad!

Belinda

Hello everyone.

I have not posted in awhile, but I have been reading. I have been very down this week because I broke my finger at work on Monday. I have to wear a splint for 5 weeks and be very careful not to bump my finger. I have not worked out all week:( I plan to try something today, maybe LoMax. I am also worried I won't be able to lift weights for awhile. I think I will have to try it out though. I have a beach trip in 3 weeks, and I had planned to workout very intensely the month before leaving. I know it is just a finger, but it still hurts!!! x(

I will try to get back with more personals over the weekend.

Have a great day!!!

Sounds like a nice busy weekend for everyone :)! I am sure you will end up having a blast at the concert :)! Shopping is one of my favorite activities too. I will be working at my husband's pizza shop tom night and have a dentist appointment before that. Should be fun hehe. Sunday is a free day and plan on enjoying, hoping the weather will cooperate :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.