Road Trip Check in Tues May 1

Hi Ladies

Phyllis the May rotation looks awesome! I already started Fitnessfreaks May rotation. Let me know how you like it:) I will probably do it next month.

My arms are so so sore from BM2 double upperbody! Have to do KM today its going to be hard on my upper body}(

Have a great day!
Randi

Good Morning:)

Today is BootCamp for me. It is supposed to hit 90 degrees here again:-(

Phyllis- Have fun with Cathe's May rotation.

Randi- I know how you feel, I did that premix this weekend, and am still felling it}(

Hope everyone has a good day!

Michelle:)

I skimmed through Cathe and fitnessfreaks rotations and they look similar. I'm not sure which one I'll try, but one of them will get started this afternoon.

I got an email from a friend who lives in North Carolina. We are going to visit them this July and do some kayaking. He told me they saw an alligator! I thought cottenmouths would be the only things we'd have to beware of. Guess I better get my upper body in tip top shape so I can paddle fast!!!!

Have a great Tuesday, trippers.

Good morning roadtrippers!

On my weigh in and measuring this morning, lost 2 pounds and 1/2" here & there for the month. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. My friend and I ended up riding 20 miles yesterday. It was great and I was really happy with that for our first day out. Did PS CST this morning. It felt good because I needed something that did not use my knees whatsoever. They've been pretty achy:-(

Cathe & Fitness Freaks rotations both sound great! I am really tempted, but will keep trudging along with my "work in" rotation. Everyone enjoy whatever you pick. I'm anxious to see how you like them.

Robin-I do believe an alligator would be great motivation to paddle fast. Yikes!

Have a great day all:)

Kara

Hi everyone. You ladies are up early today. :) Last night was PS BBA for me and CC#2. Have a wonderful day!

T

Good morning RT's.

This morning is going to be BG and then a 4 mile walk/jog just to enjoy the weather. Yesterday was supposed to be MM but I wound up just doing the upper body portion so today is lower body. I taught cardio/sculpt last night as well. Tonight I have a jazz class then a ballet class. Tuesday is always a crazy day!

I'll check back later, I'm going to go get started on BG!

Have a great day!

Hello, ladies. Today is my birthday. :) Big 3-5 for me today.

I celebrated by doing PLB. It's the one lower body workout that I've consistently been able to match Cathe's weights on. So, that's a fun one to do. (Although, with the effort I've been making to beef up my weights on legwork, I'm getting closer and closer on the other workouts, too!)

I followed PLB with 3 sets of 12 push-ups, on my toes!! Yee haw!:D
I've been trying to work on the "big girl" push-ups, too, in addition to the legwork.

Actually, my real goal is that I can do ME with all the push-ups on my toes and matching all of Cathe's weights, before I leave on furlough mid-July. I could already match most of the arm weights, so basically that meant increasing the leg weights and working up to the on-your toes push-ups. I'm getting there.

Anyway, among the Cathe crowd, my achievement this morning isn't anything big. But I felt pretty good about turning 35 and making it through PLB and 3 sets of push-ups! Not much in the Cathe circle, but pretty impressive to the general population!

Tonight I will celebrate with a very HIGH calorie Mocha Brownie and ice cream--home made and DELICIOUS! }( Prior to my decadent indulgence, we'll have a wonderful homecooked roast, potatoes, and carrots.

There are definite advantages AND disadvantages to trying to eat healthily over here, as you can well imagine. I'll elaborate later, but for now, let me say that one advantage is NO FAST FOOD. You can't over-indulge on McD's when there just ain't one around! Unfortunately, I would dearly love to head to Cracker Barrell, Olive Garden, or Outback tonight to celebrate the b-day but will have to settle for homecooked potroast instead of Cracker Barrell's.

Liann, because so many things are unavailable here, we do some gardening, too, but nothing like yours!! I may recruit you to mail me some seeds next spring! :)

Have a good day, everyone!

Hi roadtrippers!!!
Today is going to be PUB with bonus cardio , as I am doing the last week of Cathe's April rotation (I'm a little behind...I had to wait until I got all the DVD's required!)
I really enjoyed my first day with no evening job yesterday. I actually got to cook a real dinner, not just shove a healthy choice meal down my throat while I try to fix my makeup! I made a nice baked Mediterranean style Tilapia with brown rice and asparagus YUMMY!!!!!
Laura R - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!And great job on the "big girl" pushups! I'm still working on those myself!
Have an awesome day everyone!
Josie :)

Laura! Happy birthday! I turn 35 in May also (22nd). Congrats on getting through the big girl pushups and PLB. Your pot roast and dessert sound fantastic. YUM!

happy Tuesday,

After flying from a work trip late last night I missed by 6am step and rode my bike with Coach Troy for 45 minutes. Going to go to step this evening to make up for that class.

Nutrition today

Breakfast cottage cheese, apple,nuts and raisins
S: Apple and Kashi
L: Lean Cusine and Salad
S: Popcorn
D: Tiplia and some vegetables

KIM

Hi Guys ~ Sorry, I been MIA...

Things have been busy. My son's test results came back and his podiatrist is saying his bones are fusing (rubbing) together. His Orthodontics just came in today, so he wants to see him again to look at his ankles. He continues to wear the ankle brace, as his left ankle tends to flare up now and again.

My son got a new dog yesterday. Full Bred Jack Russell, 9months- (Co-Co). She is too cute and soooo full of energy. I am lucky that our other dog is getting along really well with her. :)
They were up and rolling around having fun @ 5 a.m. YAWN!!! :)

Eating is going well. This is W4 of BFL!! YAY!!

Hope Everyone is doing well -
Tonight is either Cardio Fusion, Power Circuit Section (since I try to follow HIIT). Or I ordered Double Cardio from Netflix. Is this more a Steady State Cardio, or is their some intervals in this as well?

Take care everyone,
I will post a new picture of Co-Co & Diesel in a few.

XOXOXO
Jenn ~ :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

Well, dinner and brownies were yummy. I love the Mocha Brownies but I hadn't made them in a while. I can resist most desserts because I feel it's not worth eating unless it's completely decadent gooey chocolate. I remember now why I never make these except for special occasions! :)

I also just wanted to celebrate because technically my DH is giving me the RT as my birthday gift. So it's really fun to be able to get online today on the special day and count down with you till August!

When I first tried to get on this afternoon, the internet was down and I was bummed. I especially wanted to be able to get online today. But, hurray, just as I was about to close my laptop, the internet came back up. Yippee.

Can't wait to meet you gals in just 3 months.

Hey there girls! Sorry it's taken me so long to check back in! I haven't been feeling too good today and haven't been on the computer much (stayed home from work - pms, cramps, you name it). Yesterday's workout was CC3 on the treadmill at the gym. It was my first time on their new treadmill. I'm nursing a ton of blisters today. Never have that problem on the elliptical or bike, but I really did love the run with CC so hopefully my feet will toughen up. Today I am taking it easy and still have to go to my second job in a few hours, so the break (if you can call sitting around with a heating pad folding laundry a break) ends there!

Robin - The weeds are a big drawback to the garden. We planted our rows far enough apart this year though so that we can get the rototiller between the rows. Makes "weeding" a lot easier. ;)

Vicki - Good luck with your garden! :) I'm pretty much an amatuer too. My DH is the one who always had a garden out back when growing up, so I just follow his lead.

Mona - So did you stop by the garden center on your way home? ;)

Josie - Lol, I did see that SNL clip that you were referring to and I know how you feel. I always end up having to do 1/2 the weight that Cathe does. I get a little better each time. It will come!

TK - I am really lucky in that I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a squirrel in or near my yard. We just do not have them here. I'm not sure if it's because we are just surrounded by farm land or what, but they just do not live in my area. Now, my parents live only 4 miles away and have them, but none here. The animals we have to watch for are bunnies and deer. No fence, just a few guard wieners. We haven't had any problems in the past few years, but word may just not be out in the bunny community yet about the garden! I'm sure they will come at some point and I will end up having to do something to keep them away!

Kim - Squash in a staked pot - who knows, it might work! It's not as far fetched as my idea of growing lemons in the kitchen (Lowes had some lemon trees last season) Let me know how it ends up!

Phyllis - Have fun with the May rotation! I am just starting April's. We'll see if I can actually stick to a rotation this time!

Randi - Have fun with KM today!

Michelle - Wow, 90! It's in the mid-70s here today. I could go year round with these temps. I'm not looking forward to the 90-100 weather that I know is coming. :( Keep cool! :)

Robin - Wow, alligators in North Carolina? Wonder if it was a pet. ;) I'd be learning to paddle fast too!

Kara - Hope your knees feel better soon. Definitely take it easy on them and maybe get in a little extra stretch.

Vicki - Don't know how you keep up with your workouts and all of those dance/exercise classes! Makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

LauraR - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Just tell me where to send the seeds! :)

Jenn - Hope those orthodics help your son! The new doggy sounds adorable! Can't wait to see some pics! :)

Oh, PS.

Josie, I would love a yummy Mediterranean style tilapia recipe. Can you send me a pm with whatever you did? We eat TONS of tilapia because it's a healthy food you can get easily here.

Also, Tess, an early happy birthday to another May-girl!

Hello...

Today I went running. I am on week four of the coach to 5k program. I am doing well. I enjoy getting outside. Now if I could just train my dog to be good around other dogs and not make me look like a fool by zig zagging in my path to get to them. I bet the other dog owners get a good laugh looking at me trying to get my dog to run along side me while she pulls herself in front of me while I try to keep up my running pace!

Jacqueline

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.