Road Trip Check-in for Monday, April 30, 2007

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Road Trippers! I had an interesting Sunday. I spent the entire day buying and returning TVs. Is there a Cathe calendar sticker for this? Does hauling TVs up and down the stairs and back and forth to the stores count as a workout? I think I bought all the lemon TVs in Central Texas! You can read all about my TV shopping adventure here:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=9&topic_id=51738#51755

I did not get anything else accomplished yesterday. Thankfully, I finally found a TV that I love, and it was on sale. I looked at it Saturday night and had my heart set on it, but the price was $100.00 more than I wanted to spend. The price dropped $120.00 overnight! What an answer to my prayers. I am so excited. The picture and sound are amazing on this TV. I played part of IMAX2, and the music rocks. I did IMAX3 late last night. Even the Hardcore Series looks and sounds great on this TV. It was a blessing in disguise that the cheap TV I bought Saturday night and the replacement TV I bought yesterday were defective because I would not have returned to Circuit City yesterday afternoon and discovered this great deal otherwise. I got a $300.00 Sharp LCD TV for $180.00!

I did the warm-up, standing segment, and stretch from Gym Style legs this morning. I am planning to jog in the pool at the club with Rebecca after work.

Have a blessed week!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Good morning Road Trippers!

Heather sounds like you you had a workout yesterday! Great job on Imax 3 last night! Have fun with GS legs!

Not sure what workout I am going to do, Cathe has not posted a rotation for May!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

Good morning ladies!

This morning I did StepWorks. What a great workout! Later I'm going on my first bike ride since summer 2005, so will probably just ride 10 miles or so. I'm looking forward to it:)

Heather-Glad you found a great deal on the TV! It does sound like quite a workout.

Belinda-I'm sure Cathe will come up with something soon. Have a good workout.

Everyone have a great day:D

Kara

Goodmorning ladies! Well, I spend most of the weekend doing "Garden Max". I'm happy to say that the entire garden is finally in. I think my hubby went a little overboard though! In no particular order, this is what we have planted! - Watermelons, pumpkins, corn, butternut squash, buttercup squash, zuchini squash, red peppers, yellow peppers, purple peppers, chili peppers, jalepeno peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beets, radishes, collard greens, onions, cellery, brocolli, cucumbers, & sunflowers. I'm sure I missed something in there... If I was a vegetarian, I would be set!

Heather - Sounds like something that would happen to me! The first of anything I buy - tv, stereo, etc..., always ends up being a lemon or missing parts, etc... Glad you finally found something!

Belinda - I am anxiously waiting for the May rotation too!

Kara - Enjoy your bike ride today! :)

Hi ladies. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Liann your garden sounds wonderful! I hope everything grows as planned. My parents had an acre of land when I was growing up and we always had a garden going. I don't have the land where I live for one (nor the green thumb).

Yesterday's workout was B&G and Saturday's was a 1 hour hike and PS CST. My whole body is sore. I really push myself harder on my weekend workouts so I went heavier on my weights than normal. I am feeling it everywhere. Tonight will be PS BBA. I had originally planned to move to slow & heavy next week for 3 weeks but I think I will do PS for another week then move on to gym styles.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

T

Hi Ladies
Just got back from Pasadena Ca last night. Went there to visit my brother and SIL. It is so beautiful out there. Went shoping, to the beach and out to some night clubs. Took 3 days off of working out figured it would be good for my body. Never cheated once when I ate out there so proud of myself:)
Going to start Fitnessfreaks get ready for summer rotation looks awesome!
BBL
Have a great day everyone
Randi

Goodmornign road trippers. Sorry I've not been around much lately. I was having a hard time fitting in workouts, much less time for posting. My weekend with Shelley and her daughter was great. Yes, I had met her before at a GTG in Rhochester (Rho-cha-cha) last spring. Yesterday was the first day I could work out since last Wed. I did Drill Max and am happy to say it did not kill me. Today will be a cardio day, maybe Amy Bento or Tracy Stahle.

Liann, your garden sounds amazing. I wish I liked to garden, but I just can't get into it. I love fresh produce and like to cook, can or freeze it, but the weeds always get the best of me.

Heather, I'm glad you finally found a suitable, affordable TV. My DH knows that the minute a TV, DVD player or VCR breaks, it MUST BE REPLACED!!!!

Kara, I need to get my bike out. The forecast for the latter part of this week is great! Lots of sunshine and temps in the low 70's.

Belinda, I bet there will be a new rotation posted today.

I better get back to work. Have a great day all.

Good morning RT's.

I have been absent the last couple of days. My weekend was quite a frenzy of activity and I never even made it to the computer!

One of my boys was in another weekend of shows ( The Crucible) and it was amazing! We have a community theatre here that we are involved with and it is so much fun! I was there helping all weekend. Yesterday morning one of my boys and I did a walk for the March of Dimes. He did it with a group of friends and I had so much fun hanging out with them. I took a group of 8 kids to the Diner afterwards and I just crack up at the teenagers. They are so funny. I can't believe I'm "the mom" now!! I still love when they fill me in on all the teenage gossip though!! The March of Dimes is an organization near and dear to us as my triplets were born very premature ( 26 weeks). So, needless to say, a very worhtwhile cause to help and hey, a little cardio benefit is always a good thing... but boy, could I outwalk the 15 year olds!! Whine, whine, whine...

Another thing this weekend was that Saturday was my DH's last day at work. He has been with he NYPD for 23 years and retired. We had a little get together last night and did kind of a "roast" for him. No rest for the weary, though. This morning he started his second career and is at this moment in training. So, he had one day off for his retirement! Poor baby...

So, yesterday I went a litle carb crazy ( we won't even discuss the PB issue!!). I think it was just all the running and I didn't have my meals planned as well as usual. So, this morning I am feeling a bit bloated. I plan to drink tons of water and just watch what's going in my mouth.

I am going to go do MM right now. Tonight I teach cardio/sculpt. I also may go out and take a nice walk as it is beautiful outside!! House cleaning is also on the docket, but, well, I can already tell my mood may take me elsewhere.

Heather, I will read your TV adventure tonight after class... can't wait, sounds like quite the adventure.

Liann... your garden sounds amazing! I also have a vegetable garden, but nothing as elaborate as yours!! We have to get moving on starting it. DH will probaly turn the soil tonight. I wish you were nearby, we are total amatuers and you sound like you know your stuff!

Hey Tess, Belinda and Kara and everyone else...

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

OOPS...

Randi and Robin, hey to you too!! Robin, nice to have you here again! I always miss your posts when you aren't around! Hope all is well!

Today was BM2 double upper body. Tried to go heavier then Cathe just couldn't do it! I forgot how tough it was. The last two months were gym style and slow and heavy so I thought I was stronger! It's good to be back on here missed u guys!
Randi

Hey Roadtrippers.....

Today I did P90X Chest&Back. Right now I am using the weight workouts for P90X but I am not using any of the cardio workouts. I started running and I enjoy that a lot more than the cardio workouts from P90x. I can not stand the cardio workouts. I guess I am just used to dancing around with Cathe but I do not enjoy them at all. In fact I had a couple of half hearted false starts on P90X before because I disliked the cardio so much.

I also started tracking everything that goes in my mouth on the PC version of fitday again. It is hard for me to do but if I do not enter everything into fitday I graze way too much!

Have a nice day................Jacqueline

Hi everyone!

Heather - Your adventures in TV shopping story is too much! I enjoy shopping for electronics, so I can't say I can empathize, but I can certainly sympathize. I've had a couple of situations lately with lemons and it is no fun.

Belinda - Still no May rotation. Boo! I'm doing KPC this evening if you'd care to join me.

Kara - You're right - StepWorks is a great workout. I really enjoy Cardio Hits, I just don't do them often enough.

Liann - I'm jealous of your garden. This weekend I was seriously thinking about getting my vegetable garden started back up this year. I may have to stop at the garden center on the way home now.

Tess - Sounds like you've been working hard. Are you getting good results dong splits? I always see strength gains from splits as opposed to total body workouts.

Randi - Great work not cheating for 3 whole days of eating out. I've never made it past day 2. BM2 double upper body is a heck of a way to jump back into working out after 3 days off!

Robin - Drill Max is one TOUGH workout. I wouldn't say it kills me (or I couldn't be posting this, could I? :))) but that last cardio where you jump on and off the step with burpees inserted is soooo hard!

Vicki - March of Dimes is a great organization, isn't it? I used to do the Walk America every year. After reading your post, I went to see when the local walk is here. Sad to say I missed it; it was yesterday.

Jacqueline - I've seen several people post that they substitute their cardio of choice instead of doing th P90X cardio routines, so you're not alone!

This weekend was great for me. On Saturday, we had another HOA board meeting and then a bunch of us sat around on the dock drinking beer (it was light!) and chatting. Very relaxing! Then on Sunday, DH and I took the boat out into the bay and had a long ride in the cool breeze. After the past couple of weeks, it was nice to not worry about anything and enjoy my health.

Workout-wise, Saturday I had a 50 minute walk on my calendar, but I ended up doing FIRM Super Cardio instead (no big difference, right ;) ). Sunday I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix followed by Fat Blaster. Too fun! Today my jeans are looser than they've been in months and I'm feeling great! Tonight I'll do KPC when I get home and maybe stretch a little bit.

Mona, congrats on the jeans feeling looser. I'm glad you are having a better week than the last few. Also glad you got to enjoy a relaxing weekend. I am getting great results with the splits. I am noticing a lot more upper body strength. I am usually quite a weakling in upper body but I hope to change that. :)

Hello roadrippers!!

Ah, Monday. Today is going to be Low Max intervals 1-4 and Core Max segment 3...looking forward to it. Over the weekend I did LIC for the first time on Saturday, definitely lots of fun! Those biceps curls with the band are killer! I got throught acouple with TERRIBLE form and then paused the DVD and lowered my weight.

I always wonder if I'll ever be able to lift as much as Cathe or if it's just not in the cards for me. I know I shouldn't compare myself to what everyone else can lift, but sometimes it's a bummer being skinny and having to lift pencils or air (I hope some of you saw that saturday night live skit a few months ago, or else the pencil comment will make little sense!):)

Today is my first day not having to go to work in the evenings. I don't thibk I mentioned that I was laid off from the ballroom dance studio last week. I think when they hired me back in August they were anticipating being busier than we often were. I spent a lot of time there with nothing to do, so no more receptionist job for me
It's OK though, between school and 2 jobs I was MAJORLY stressed out and sleep deprived. I finish school in 2 weeks so this will give me some breathing room. Also, coincidently, last week I received a check from my late grandfather's estate for a significant enough sum that I don't have to worry about lost income and I can resume my horseback riding lessons that I've recently put aside due to financial stress. Grandpop was a horseman and I know he'd want me to be riding as much as I could.

Have a great day all!!!
Josie

Mona I did Power Max and Pure Strength Chest/Shoulder and Triceps!
Have fun with KPC!

Josie have fun with Low Max and Core Max!

My best to all. Gotta run!
Belinda

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day! Today was MM for me and with that ends the April rotation. Belinda, I too am waiting to see what Cathe posts. If I don't like her rotation, I will do FitnessFreaks get ready for summer rotation.

Heather, I haven't read your sad tale yet, but I can imagine the stress. Good luck with your new purchase.

Liann, your garden sounds wonderful. Every year I plant tomatoes and every year I am not very successful. So, this year I quit! You'd think anyone in NJ could grow tomatoes, but not me. :(

Hello to everyone else!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Phyllis if i don't like Cathe's rotation, I will give FitnessFreaks rotation a try! She uses alot of premixes for May! I hardly do premixes.

Have a great one!
Belinda

Hi All. This morning was a drill max premix followed by GS back. I used my new med ball today instead of stability ball in DM. That works out better in my house since my ceilings aren't too high. I've always worried that I'd put a mark on the ceiling with the stability ball.

Liann: Wow I'm jealous of your garden. You have so much! All I have outside now is lettuce, snap peas, zucchini and spaghetti squash. My tomatoes are still inside with my basil and parsley. They'll be transferred outside sometime over the next week I hope. My garden is small so that will be it for me. It's fun though. I have a problem with the squirrels eating my squash and cucumber plants. Do you fence your garden?

Heather: It's great you finally found a TV that worked and was a good price. In a way I hate it when I see the price of something go way down like that. It makes me wonder what things I've bought where I've overpaid.

Kara: Step Works was my first Cathe workout. Since I was brand new to stepping it took me a week of doing it over and over before I finally got it down! Ah the memories....

Tess and Belinda: You've both reminded be to pull out PS series. I'm getting a little tired of GS!

Phyllis: LOL, if anyone should have the best tomatoes it should be you. South Jersey tomatoes are the best in my book, hands down.

Vicki: I had a banana with PB on it last night and it was yummy.

Robin: Glad to hear the mini roadtrip with Shelly and Sophie went great!

Ugg. Well the only thing I lifted tried to lift today was my spirits. My boss who absolutely love left my company today. She has been an incredibly mentor and friend to me for three years. She has literally changed my life in this company. Well hopefully being sad will curb my appetite for a few days.

Anyway, one day of wallowing won't hurt me...I hope. Back to it on Tuesday.

Liann: I am trying to get squash to grow in a staked pot am I insane?

KIM

Road Trip Check-in

This was a super stressful day at work. Rebecca had to work late tonight, and I was actually relieved when she called because I was too tired to drive to the club tonight. I did the Gym Style Legs warm-up, standing segment, and stretch this morning, but I did not have time to enjoy a cardio workout. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new month with another opportunity for a fresh start.

My digital camera arrived today. It is cute and little and fits in my smallest purse, which is the one I will most likely take on the Road Trip with me. I was surprised to find this package from Amazon when I went to the post office tonight. I just ordered it last Wednesday afternoon with free super saver shipping. It was not even scheduled to ship until today. I got a great deal on this digital camera with a free 2 GB memory card. I have not had time to play with it yet, but I am sure I will love it.

I called my mother during my lunch hour and had a nice conversation with her. She is being supportive of my fitness journey. Mom and her husband will be visiting me Mother’s Day weekend, and she told me to start finding restaurants where I can eat. Family visits are usually occasions to indulge in processed junk that leaves me feeling bloated and drugged. I am looking forward to enjoying relatively clean meals with a few treats.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.