PYGFO - Weds 9/5

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
Good morning. Just starting us off. I did my walk this morning and feel great. Today we are going to a Braves game for a company outing. Yum, beer & hot dogs. :) Have a great day ladies. I'll be back later. :)

Goodmorning Tess! Just another Wednesday at work here. The Braves game sounds fun! I'm hoping to force my lazy butt to do Imax2 tonight. Either that or LIC. We'll see what I feel in the mood for. ;)

Good morning ladies. I was informed by my personal trainer (Shelley/allwildgirl) that today's workout is shoulders, bis, tris and abs. Yikes! I'll be getting a late start on all that too, since I have hair cut and color after work. At least DH is teaching this evening, so I can shortcut on dinner and probably get a sub or have cereal.

Tess, the ball game sounds like fun, even though I dislike the Braves fervently (hate is such a strong word, don't you think?) Have fun!

Liann, it's not your lazy butt. It's your lazy hair!

Hi to all the rest of you post-RT facers.

Morning Ladies-

Tess- how did you like the first 2 intervals of IM3? I like the little mish mosh you put together :)BTW, thank you for the updated compedium link.

Robin-So Shelly is yur personal trainer now? How neat:)

Liann- I haven't figured out what I'm in the mood for yet either...

Vicki- what did the surgon have to say yesterday?

bbl,

Good Morning Ladies!

It was pouring here this morning, so didn't run with friends, but enjoyed being able to sleep later. I don't work on Wed.!!:) Today was GS legs , PLB floorwork and B&G abs.

Tess--Enjoy the Braves game. Thanks for the compendium, but it wouldn't open. Did I do something wrong? That is a strong possibility since I am very limited in my computer knowledge!!x(

Liann--I vote for IMAX2, although LIC sounds tempting also.

Robin--Does AllWildGirl come up with your rotations?

Michelle--Do you not follow a roation? I am planning to start Cathe's Sept.07 rotation next week. It looks like a good one.

Vicki--We want to hear from you!

Take care all!
Gin:)

Gin, Shelley is doing a P90X rotation. I don't have the series, but said I'd do the rotation with her using Cathe if she'd tell me what body part to work each day.

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaack!

Tess- Have fun at the game! I love ballpark hot dogs! I'm hoping to go to a Diamondbacks game next weekend.:)

Liann- I'm with you. I need to get my lazy butt motivated and get my workout done too. It's that darned PMS. I don't feel like doing anything but crawling back in bed.

Robin- Sounds like you've got a killer workout in store. So if you dislike the Braves so much, who do you like? Hmm?

Michelle- So what workout did you decide on?

Gin- Sounds like you got a great workout today. I'm following Cathe's Sept. Rotation right now. I'll probably abandon it when the new workouts come (hopefully they'll still some this month)

Well I better get off this computer and get downstairs and do my workout. My boys get out of school early today so I better hurry up. I believe today's workout is HSC if I remember right.

Talk to you all later!

Jacque

Hello darling PYGFO girls!

I'm late checking in today.... kids started school then DH and I had a long talk before he had to leave for work about my business plan. I need to start thinking about timelines to become incorporated and we need to get the w/o room finished and a separated entrance made for it. So, we have a plan for my being ready to get started officially with my Personal Training business no later than March/April, and until then I will keep doing what I am doing ( off the books PT and teaching classes). Right now I don't make a whole lot of money, but I am ready to get serious about this once I have all the resources I need. Then it's full force!! When my Early Intervention Agency closed last January, it put a bit of a strain on us financially, but things are getting a bit better now that DH has been getting his pension from the NYPD and is working this other job. Catching up has been a challenge. Anyway, so my morning was filled up with serious discussions as to how to make things work and where we are going. It was pretty good to feel like we have a concrete goal now.

Anyway...

Robin: BTW, I have to admit, I really don't know any of Jimmy Buffet's music!! I was just goofing around yesterday. What are some of his songs that I might know?? Hey, if you like him, then he has to be good! And, uh, what's this I hear? Shelley is your PT? Hmmm.... okie dokie.... (what am I, chopped liver?) ;( (LOL)

Gin: How are the kiddies?? That must be fun teaching 4 year olds. I KNOW I couldn't do it though! I have all the respect in the world for you because you do!

Michelle: I'm with you today, still haven't worked out and I have no idea what to do. what did you decide on?

Tess: Have fun at the game!! Hot dogs.... you enjoy those!! Beer, even better...

Liann: What did you decide? I don't have IMAX3 but everyone says how hard it is.

Jacque: hey there! Hope you had a good workout. My boys just got home and now I'm ticked at myself for not working out yet. Now I have to try and do it while they are home... what was I thinking??

So, my son's knee is fine. It looks totally benign, but now we have to go see an Orthopedist because the surgeon doesn't know if it is something that should be removed because there are bo clear borders around the lump. There is edema though. So, the saga continues, but thank heavens there is nothing to really worry about!! Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes, boy have they helped these last few weeks!!

Okay, long ramble over now...

Have a good day everyone! Smooches!

Well, I decided on Cardio Fusion today:p Halfway through the workout I noticed I forgot to turn on my HRM...totally ruined the rest of the workout. I'm hooked on having my numbers, I guess you could say addicted:D I know they aren't accurate, but close enough for me.

Gin-I'm following my own version of one body part a day, I'm on week 3, and finding that I prefer a 3 or 4 day split though.

Vicki-renovations...that will be...fun;-) :p

Hi Again!

Robin--I did a Cathe p90x version in the Spring. It was tough to switch all of the dvds, which is the way we did it.:p

Jacque--Welcome Back. We've missed you!

Vicki--Glad to hear the good news about your son's knee. Keep us posted. Best of luck with your new PT business. You will be great!:)

Michelle--I like to wear my HRM also.

Gin:)

Michelle: What kind of HRM do you use? I want to get one that I can wear in class and then let other people wear it to see not only their HR but also calories burned. I can't spend alot of money though. So, just wonderingg if you ( or anyone else) has any suggestions.

I I have seen the watches they have, but they say that they work with age, ht., wt. etc. I don't know if once you program any of that info. in if you can change it from one person to the next? Those seem to be less expensive, but does anyone have info. on them as well?

Thanks!! :)

Jacque, good to see you back! My family likes the Pittsburgh Pirates. DH is from that neck of the woods. I liked the Diamondbacks when The Big Unit was pitching.

Vicki, I'm glad there isn't anything serious about the lump. Maybe it will just go away?? I have a lump on the top of my thigh that I got in a sledding accident in elementary school. The doctor thought it was full of fluid and tried to draw it off with a syringe, but nothing came out. It never totally went away. Best wishes with your new business. I wondered what you were going to do. I wish I lived close enough to be a client!

Hi. My name is Laura. Perhaps you remember me? I was on the RT that took place several years ago (oh, no, sorry, it was just a couple weeks--but it seems like years!) We just haven't had internet access till now.

We are now moved into our house!!!! :) Happy, happy dance.

I will now begin a more regular workout schedule, even though it's furlough. We leave next week for a conference, but it'll just be DH and me, so I can take KPC, Kick Max, etc. I'm ready to settle in to "normality" as much as I can.

The past few days have been no official workouts. However "Move-in Max" has had me climbing the stairs multiple times with heavy boxes, so I think I've gotten my exercise.

Actually, my wonderful DH who signed me up for the RT has now used Cathe against me!! Every time we had to move something heavy, he would say, "how Cathe-ized are you?" "Good thing you're in shape!" (It was good-natured teasing, but I got to carry a lot more than I would've if I weren't in shape.) The last straw was our dining table. It's a solid wood chunk that a friend gave us from their lake house. It's wonderful, but impossible to carry. I said, "Listen, there's a whole crew of workmen across the street building a new house. I'm going to volunteer to buy one of them an ice-cream (they were all mobbing the kids' ice-cream truck that had just pulled up). Whoever volunteers to help you move the table, I'll buy him an ice-cream.

My husband rolled his eyes, "That's what your mom would do. Just help me lift the table!"

Well, I did move the table, and was rather proud of myself, I must say.

See ya again soon.

Laura
That oughta be worth his sending me on another RT, huh? JK ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.