PYGFO Wednesday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Goodmorning, friends of mine. I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I was in a deep funk over the weekend and thought it best I didn't post. Everything that came out of my mouth was evil and nasty. My poor DH and DD. I went to the Philly area with a team of coworkers Monday and Tuesday to do a lab inspection. I've never done one before and was really (really!) nervous. Fortunately, it was a very well run lab and everything turned out well. My knee is still achey, so I've replaced my workouts with eatouts. I can't stop eating. Another reason for my funk, I guess. I feel better today, with the inspection out of the way and a long weekend ahead of me. I'm going to try a low inpact step workout on Sat.

Michelle, your hair is lovely. Your big smile gave me a big smile.

Gin, good luck with the headache doctor. Have you had any trouble since you stopped the preventative migraine meds?

Vickie! Relax honey-child. You are human. Yes, a super-human, but still capable of making a mistake every now and then. Just wait till you reach menopause and can no longer multitask or remember anything. I agree that you should try to give something up though. You are making yourself crazy!

Hugs and smiles to Tess, Heather, Laura and Lara. I'm sorry, but I'm really out of touch and don't have time to go back and see what is going on with everyone. Hope all is well.

Good morning Robin! I was just looking through the threads last night and wondering where you had gone to.:) I understand completely about 'funk', actually my husband keeps duct tape around just for such occasions...LOL... but you were missed! Personally I can't wait for menopause. My mom went through it early (43), so I am hoping that I will do the same.

Lara, you can send some of that cold nasty weather this way, and I will send you the hot sunny weather we have been having....deal?:D

So today I have HSC on tap, and a dd at home with the sniffles.

Goooood morning!

Robin--I am SOOOOOO glad to see you back! The forums have been so lonely and sad without you. ;) Don't worry about the funk--we all go through them sometimes. Be careful with that knee. (Luckily) mine appears to be back to normal. I did Imax 2 on Monday and it was fine. I was sure to wear my knee brace, though!

Michelle-I absolutely adore your hair! It's beautiful! And like Robin said, your smile in those pictures is what really stood out--it's infectious! Have fun with HSC. I don't have that one, but I do have HSTA which I've never really gotten into. Too many darn leg presses!

Well, last night my SO and I went out to dinner and then to a movie, so I didn't get a workout in (I don't get home from work until around 6:30 or so and by the time I got home, we had to leave). I pretty much ate my weight in french fries (at dinner) and popcorn (at the movie). Ugh. I actually feel ok today (physically) but mentally I just want to kick myself for doing that. But, damn movie theater popcorn is good! x( I hadn't had it in forever and SO went and bought A LARGE popcorn for the two of us! I was like, "are you out of your mind"?????!?!?! If you buy it, I'll eat it! I mean, come on. He could have at least gotten a small. And to top it off I think the guy at the theater gave us regular coke instead of diet like my SO asked!! Ah well. Back on track today. Hopefully I can get in HIS/Back and CHest and some kickboxing tonight.

I got my first heart rate monitor the other day! I love it! I have always had so much trouble trying to measure if I'm in my "zone" or not and this is really a great tool. Plus I get to see how many calories I burn! (Let's just hope I don't get too obsessed with that....;))

Vicki--god, just reading about your schedule makes me tired. Take it easy, girlie. And no worries about missing that meeting yesterday. Hey, it happens. I'm sure there are parents at that school who have done MUCH worse. I remember when my Mom missed a meeting like that. (um, now that I think about it, she missed a few!). NO BIGGIE! You'll reschedule and it will be fine.

Tess--I hope you're feeling better!

Hello to anyone else I missed. Have a great day! Hopefully I'll be back later.

ETA: We saw "The Golden Compass" last night at the movies. I wasn't impressed. I spent the whole time in a confused fog. What exactly is that movie ABOUT?!?!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Good Morning PYGFOeres!

Today I ran with friends. Tomorrow is HSTA.

Robin--What a NICE surprise to see you start the thread. I have been thinking about you and wondered how you were. Can you ride a bike? walk? swim? (brrr!) with your bad knee? Headaches are back and bad. Had accupuncture yesterday. Hope that helps. Going off the BC pill. They may help.

Michelle--Cute hair cut girl!! Woo Hoo!! Enjoy HSC.

Allison-- Enjoy your HRM. I usually burn between 350-450 calories every workout (except all weights), but I like to look at the HR during the workout.

Have a great day all! Gotta run...
Gin:)

Thanks you guys. I love being missed.

Allison, I'm so jealous of you and your young knee. Mine continues to improve, but there is still some pain that makes me nervous. My doctor said give it two weeks before working out and that will be over on Saturday, so we'll see what happens. I'm taking DD out shopping Friday and plan on looking for a brace then. Oh, and I had to LOL at you eating your weight in fries and popcorn. Honey, that couldn't have been too much. Now, if you would have eaten MY weight, you'd be in trouble.

Gin, see above about my knee. If I have issues on Saturday when I try to step, I'll call my doctor and ask about seeing an ortho guy. I'm not sure what I'll do if I have to give up step, but my DH said we'd figure something out (re: buy a bike, elliptical or something)

Oops, gotta get back to work. You guys make me feel so warm and fuzzy...

Wll, good morning girlies!!

First, thanks for letting me vent yesterday and encouraging me!! You are all such unbelieveably wonderful women and I am so glad to know each of you!!

So, today is a better day. I think I needed to have a little meltdown yesterday. I would up leaving the house and I went to the cemetary to see my son and just sat there and cried for a while. I got through the boys' 16th birthday pretty well, so I kind of needed to let myself feel again, you know? So, I went, sat for a while, let it out and then came home and got back to business. The guidance counselor was nice like I had said when she called back, but listen to this. I had left the math teacher a message as well, full well knowing her from my older two and knowing the she is not the nicest person in the world, and sure enough, she calls back as my furniture was being delivered and left me a pretty **ahem** bitchy message! I kind of knew that was coming. So, I left her an even nicer message and am waiting to hear from her today. I am definitely going to follow Tess's advice soon. The reason things won't slow down until February is that after Nutcracker I still have the other play I am doing "Harvey" and we will start rehearsing every night in January till we open. But, again following that great advice, I may have to cancel some of my classes over the next couple of weeks in order to have a little more time to get things ready for the holidays and not be in panic mode every second.

Robin: I missed you too!!!!! Um, and I definitely know about the "Funk"!! Just know that we are here for you... Take it easy on that knee. Maybe concentrate on more upper body work for now, more abs, and do some floor work for the legs, if possible?? I know you love to do step, but one wrong move right now could set you back, so be careful! I love my elliptical, and actually one of my clients has had knee surgery and so I don't use the teadmill at all with her, but the elliptical is great. So, that's another good option.

Michelle, Tess: You guys are the greatest!! Right now I would love to be a laid back southerner. When I was in Atlanta, I couldn't believe how laid back everyone was. Even driving is different there. Just calmer. Wow, teach me that, will you??? Hey Michelle, how does DH like the hair?

Allison: Glad to see your knee feeling fine! With a name like Crazystepper, you need good, working knees!! Hehe... I'm so glad you're here checkingin with us. You are such a bright spot! I wish I had met you on the RT. I remember seeing your workout pants and remarking to Michelle and Tess about how cute they were. But we never actually got to meet. So, next one, I'm laying a huge hug on ya!

Gin: Let us know how that appt. went. Ugh, just a little headache makes me miserable, I can't imagine fighting them on a daily basis...

Lara: I am also going through the cold, wet winter blahs here in NY!We had a huge ice storm the other day. Actually we have a snowstorm in the forecast tomorrow, and of course Nutcracker opens tomorrow night. I'm not even thinking about that now! No stress, right?? Anyway, it's funny, when it's hot we want the winter, and now we want summer. But, again, I agree, this cold, wet, icky weather is for the birds!

Laura: Hope all is well. How long are you California? Every time you post you are somewhere else!! When do you go back to Africa?

Carolyn, Heather, and any other PYGFO girls, hope you are well. Have a great day my friends.

Allison, you'll have so much fun with your HRM! I'm so addicted to numbers...I don't put any stock in them, but they are nice to use as a guide.:) I agree about all the leg presses in HSTA.x( HSC has them but not as many, yay!

Hello Gin, sorry to hear the headaches came back.:(

Vicki, hubby said my hair "turned out better than he thought it would." Which is what I expected he would say. Getting a compliment from your guy sometimes, is like pulling teeth.:p :7

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around, I have been crazy busy and stressed out to the max!! I'm pretty sure I am starting to hate the holidays:-(

I completely fell off the December rotation. Stress headaches since last Saturday and intense abdominal pain. My doc says it is scar tissue, but it feels like my appendix, which I'm sure it's not since I had it removed 2 years ago.

Michelle - You hair looks great! It must be a lot easier to maintain.

Gin - Hope you get your headaches under control. I feel your pain

Robin - Rest your knee. You sure don't want to injure it again and get set back even further. I feel like I am doing the eatouts instead of the workouts. Not a good feeling the next day.

Vicki - I sometimes feel like you, running and being pulled in all directions. Take a deep breath (and a few Zanax) and you will feel much better.

Hi to the rest of you Tess, Allison, Lara, Laura, Heather, Liann and anyone else I have missed.

Carolyn

Hi Again!

Leaving in a minute to go out to dinner with DH, ds and his fiance for DS's 24th b-day.:)

Lara--You asked about CK. If you like kickboxing, you might like CK. Cathe's kickboxing skills have definitely improved since this one, but it is a good and fun workout. It is not super intense, but does get your HR up. Does that make sense? Brenda, Rhonda, 2 other ladies(from her earlier vids) and 2 MEN are in this one. So a little different from her other KB workouts. Long explanation.:p

It is cold and been raining all day in TX today...BLAH!x(

Hi to Carolyn, Vicki (Take it easy. I worry about you!) and all other PYGFOers!

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.