PYGFO Wednesday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Goodmorning lovely ladies. I'm feeling better this morning and hope it lasts till I get home from work this afternoon. I'm thinking of doing PUB and maybe trying about 30 minutes of something cardio. I'm afraid to try any really hard cardio. My sniffles turned into a little cough.

Laura, I love hearing about Africa. I have a good friend who was teaching at a Christian school in Thailand for three years. She is having issues with the cold too. I'm knitting her a sweater. Actually, I've been knitting it for about four years now - it was supposed to be a graduation from college gift. Can you say procratinate.

Lara, lucky you getting to play all day. I'm sure the paperwork is a big old pain. I wish you could be my grandson's therapist. He sees an OT one week, and a PT the other.

Hi to Vicki, Gin, Tess, Michelle, Liann and anyone else who stops by. I better hit the road. Later.

Hi everyone! I've never posted in this thread before (or any other checkin) but I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

I hope you're all having a great day so far. I overslept this morning and was ten minutes late to work so my day started off in a bit of a rush. Nothin' like a 30 second shower, huh?! :p

I've been really nastolgic about the Roadtrip lately and thought I'd see how you all are. (Not to sound like a psycho stalker, but I have been reading this thread here and there and think I'm pretty up to date on everyone...)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't mind me butting in over here! :)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Yes, we're just spoiled to the sub-tropical climate we live in normally. It's a good thing that our oversight is in Texas. I don't know what we'd do if we had to brave a "real" winter. Our blood has gotten thin. Seriously, I think our bodies adapt to where we live or we'd be miserable. Uganda is VERY pleasant, but it can get pretty hot during the dry season. So, we've gotten used to "warm," and we actually enjoy it now. It's a great place to raise kids . . . mild summer year round!

Hey, Lara, I forgot to say "How 'bout those Hogs?" to you. It must be absolutely CRAZY in Fayetteville after the win over LSU. :D I guess Houston Nutt's announcement might've put a damper on things, though, huh? x(

Everybody here's on the mend. DS is totally well and bouncing again. I'm better but still coughing terribly--guess the caretaker is last to heal!

Hi to everyone. I'm loving getting to chat again.

Laura

Hi everyone! This morning I did Ripped & Chiseled. Loved it. :) I need to work back up to all those reps again. I am just trying new workouts until my treadmill comes then I'll start a more structured regimen. I finally ordered it on Monday. I ended up going with the Sole F80. Can't wait to get it!!

Laura - glad everyone is feeling better. When do you go back to Uganda? I'm a Florida native so I don't think I could take the colder climates either. Atlanta is about as cold as I think I could stand.

Robin - I knew you would enjoy my comment in the 07 accomplishments thread. I thought about you this morning as I was driving to work listening to Jimmy Buffet's margaritaville. Did I tell you that DH and I used to drive by his house in Palm Beach all the time when we lived in S. Florida? He has a gorgeous place on the ocean.

Allison - Welcome to the checkin! Feel free to stop by any time or start posting here regularly. I think we've drawn a couple people from the RT out of lurkdom and into posting with us! I've been feeling nostalgic about the RT too. I keep wishing I would have bought a Cathe mug while I was there since you can't get them online. :(

Gin - sorry you caught what I had. Hope you are feeling better today. I am feeling much better, sleeping better and headache remnants are finally gone.

Vicki - what's going on girlfriend? Or should I say, what isn't going on you busy girl you?

Michelle - Have you started your Christmas shopping yet??

Hello to Carolyn, Heather, Lara and everyone else!!

Hey PYGFO gals!

Allison: Welcome!!! What a nice addition to our little group...

Hey, I was just thinking this morning that soon this thread will become the "Road Trip" thread once again! I mean, time is flying, and if they plan another road trip in March ( and of course we will all be at our computers fingers ready the minute they do, right?) then we will again be a Road Trip check in. Just a thought I had.

I just got back from teaching, I am going down to the dungeon to do some heavy lower body ( just the LB from PP because my legs already hurt from class) and then going for some sushi with a friend. Tonight I have one client and then I actually get to be home doing "homey" things like laundry and cleaning. Well, wadda ya know?? I'll probably wind up doing absolutely nothing.

Gin: I can't believe you run in the cold. More power to ya!! I see this one guy who runs in the dead of winter, snow and all, in running shorts!!! I think this guy is a bit obsessed though, he is always running. I can't imagine he even has a job or anything because it seems like that's all he does. Anyway, I also stick to my indoor equipment in the winter. But I really do admire those who can take the cold when running. Well, just running at all is impressive to me!!

Lara: I didn't know you are a PT. I actually had an Early Intervention agency until last January and employed several PT's (as well as OT's, speech, special ed., TVI's, etc.) as well as worked as a Service Coordinator. Obviously now that I am an instructor/Personal trainer I have changed careers, but I still do advocacy voluntarily, lately it's mostly just over the phone. I haven't gone to many meetings lately due to time constraints. Anyway, boy do I know about the paperwork involved, that was one of the reasons my partners and I got so burnt out... 10 years in EI was enough for us. But, you are sooo right, the payoff of seeing the kids progress is what makes it all worthwhile, isn't it?? I don't know if you know this, but my two older boys ( and their triplet brother who passed away) all have Cerebral Palsy. They still get PT in school. I am very close with their therapists!! Anyway, I have much respect for what you do... keep up the good work!

Robinellers: Watch that cough miss!!! Don't push it. Hey, how was that week off? I know it was because you have been sick, but I tell ya, I almost wish I could take a week off from working out to rest. Unfortunatley teaching makes that all but impossible. Anyway, I wonder if it will give your body a nice fresh start and you will get good results moving forward?? Let me know.

Laura: I am glad you are enjoying your ability to post. we really do miss you when you don't. I also look forward to more stories from africa. You know I think it is so very interesting and inspiring.

Okay, I have to get moving. This is I think the longest post in history!!! Sorry!

Hello to Tess, Michelle, Carolyn, Heather and anyone else who pops by!!

Have a great day gang!!

Robin, we better delete the thread from yesterday where we were talking about Allison....shhhhhhh, don't tell her.:p ;)

Afternoon Ladies-

Just finished HIS/BC, this workout makes me smile.:)

A big welcome to Allison! And a big hellooo to everyone else!

Hi ladies! I am so behind on all the personals. I sometimes skip checking in because I've fallen behind and I feel bad not responding to everything. Oh well, I'll check in anyways! Tonight is going to be a full body workout for me and DH. We have both finally recovered from last week's fiasco. I know Robin knows, but I had a little issue last week with muscle spasms in my calves after doing GS Legs. Took a few days, but by Wednesday I actually couldn't walk and had to call the ER to see if I should come in. Ended up being severe muscle spasms that had caused my muscles to basically "lock" up. Took a lot of PAINFUL massaging to be able to even walk and then finally a few days later, they were back to normal - really weird! What really doesn't make sense is that I didn't even overdo it. I only did the 30 minute premix and didn't go heavy at all. It was just one of those freak things. After a little normalcy returned to the house, my baby Cheyenne ended up having a "toxic" reaction to some turkey scraps we had given her over the weekend. She ended up in the doggie "hospital" for 2 days hooked up to an IV. Poor baby has lost a lot of weight, but she is back home and again things appear to be back to normal - stay tuned! In other news, my 6 year anniversary is this Saturday. DH and I are heading to a Michael W. Smith Christmas concert that night - not necessarily in honor of our Anniversary, but it just happens to fall on that date. Should be interesting. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!! I'll try to catch up on everything I missed last week. ;)

Just breezing by, but I had to say

Liann: OMG with the leg spasms!! I have never ever heard of that happening. You poor thing. Then your poor dog! Wow, I hope you can get a break for a while. Hang in there kiddo!

Hey Girls!
There is a party going on over here today!
I ran this morning and then did BC/Bis and Tris. That one is the toughest of the new 4ds for me.:p

Good news---I just bought a little tube of paint at the craft store and the sales girl asked if I was over 18!! WHAT???? Well, 30 years ago I was 18. She needed some glasses poor girl!

Laura--I do run through the winter, unless it gets down below around 20 degrees, which it hardly EVER does here. I think I told you that my ds wants to be a missionary after he graduates. Wish he could meet you!

Lara--HSC and LIS/HIS?? You like to be tortured!;-) I did LIS yesterday, not HIS. I typed the wrong one. My ds had surgery years ago at TX Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas and I remember him working with pt there. What a rewarding job.

Robin--Hope you are able to do PUB and 30 min. of cardio this aft.

Allison--What a fun surprise to see you here! Come back. Don't just stalk, but join us!:)

Tess--Is Ripped and Chiseled Jari Love? I have 3 of hers, but have only done them each once. The fun factor is just not there for me.:( Hope you like the new treadmill when you get it.

Michelle--Could you come to TX and do my Christmas shopping for me???

Vicki--It is funny that I run in the cold b/c I HATE cold weather. It is rarely below 30 here and I have losts of warm running gear.

Liann--Sorry about your calf spasm. Sounds painful! Hope your puppy is okay. You have had some kind of week!

Gin :)

OMG Liann, I sure hope you and the puppy are OK!! Just take it easy getting back into the workouts and don't try to do too much on that leg. That is scary about your doggy. I was feeding my cats buttloads of turkey - I had no idea it could hurt them. :(

Gin - yes, ripped & chiseled is Jari Love. I do like her a lot because I used her workouts when I started getting back into fitness (last year around this time). I used to do body pump at the gym so I wanted something that was similar to that.

Michelle - somehow I knew that you'd either be done with your shopping or mostly done at least.

Yay! I got a workout done. I did PUB and the cardio from HIS. I went down to a 6 inch step for the cardio and had no problem.

Allison, I hope you keep butting in. The more the merrier.

Laura, I think this nasty runny nose, coughing virus is hitting the entire nation. There are at least three other people at work complaining of it now.

Tess, did you ever see Jimmy, out mowing the lawn or trimming hedges, maybe? I think he has a home in at least 3 other locations and all are on the water, except one in the mountains out west somewhere. Oh, to have his lifestyle....Although I here he is a hard worker. Hard worker, hard player, I guess.

Hey Vicki, I took it easy and had no problem with the cough. It did feel pretty good not feeling the pressure to rush home and fit in a workout during my time off. I almost let it slide today, but I'm glad I made myself do one. What's this about a March RT? Did I miss something? DH and I are heading to the Carribbean in March. We'll be baking on the beaches of St John the week before Easter. I can't wait.

Michelle, I love the music in HIS. I think it may be my favorite of the 4DS workouts. How can a person be done with their shopping before it's even December!!!!!! Oy. Even when I get done a week or two before Christmas, I always think of some last minute thing. Is everything wrapped too? No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

Liann, nice to see you posting here. Is your DH done with the semester of school? How is he/did he make out? My DH has about 3 and 1/2 more weeks to teach, then he has his Christmas break. I only have Christmas day and New Year's day off, so he'll get stuck entertaining all the company. Ha ha! Serves him right.

Gin, you young thing! But 18? :eek: Oh my. I don't think I've ever been carded or mistaken for a younger woman. I guess it's my mature behavior.

I'm going to head to the kitchen and see if there is anything healthy, but not boring for dinner. DD went out with her boyfriend, his mom is babysitting and my DH is teaching an evening class. I love nights like this.

hehehe, ok Robin I won't tell you that I just finished wrapping it all, and putting it under the tree.

Hello.

Wow, what a busy day here!! I worked another 12 hour day and then went straight to the basketball game (Go Hogs!). I didn't get home until almost 10. Sadly, no workout to report:( I should have more time tomorrow.

Robin...I am glad you were able to workout this evening. I hope you enjoyed your quiet evening at home tonight. I hope your cough doesn't get any worse! I had a horrible cough for the entire month of October--not fun to deal with, especially when you want to workout. What a nice thing for you to say!! Does your grandson go to an outpatient clinic for therapy?

Allison...It is great to see you over here. I see your cute posts all over in the OD. I hardly post there, but I love to read them! Just wanted to add I did The Parts DVD this past weekend and really enjoyed it! Now, I need to tackle HIS2}(

Laura...YES, it was SO EXCITING!!! DH and I were on pins and needles watching that game. I guess we will still see Houston since he will be staying in the SEC. Needless to say, there has been a lot of news to report around here lately. We also went to the basketball game tonight against Missouri (Mike Anderson coaching them). It was an exciting game also. I like our new basketball coach so far! I hope you continue to get better!!

Tess...I have 3 of Jari's workouts. I don't do them very often, but I like to throw them in every once in awhile. I was thinking about ordering her newest one, but I have so many new workouts right now so I think I will wait. I know you are excited about getting your new TM!!

Michelle...Now I feel really behindx( I haven't even bought one gift!! I just got done buying several birthday presents, so now I need to save up again for Christmas! I am one of those people that are out shopping until the stores close on Christmas Eve. I agree with you about HIS. It is so much fun!! I constantly sing the songs in my head. I also love what Cathe says during the 3rd combo (when we are facing the back). I just want to do these workouts all the time!

Vicki...How interesting--I had no idea you had an EI agency. I can only imagine what hard work that was!! Did you have a large staff? It sounds like you did. Yes, the paperwork is definitely the worst thing about the job. I just love my kids though. Even though it was a long day, they were all so good and worked so hard for me. Yes, I do remember your sons have CP. I think it is wonderful that you are so close to their therapist. Unfortunately, there are some parents out there that aren't (and don't really care). I have several kiddos that I have been seeing for 3 years now (since I graduated) and I am so attached to them. It is so hard to think about not seeing them once they graduate high school. I bet your DS's PT feels the same way about them :)

Liann...Ouch!! I hope your calves are healing well. That must have been a scary feeling. I also hope your little doggie is okay. I read your post right after giving my dogs a few bites of leftover turkey. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!! It sounds like you two need a little fun after the past week.

Gin...Sounds like a great workout you had today. I am so glad you are feeling better. Yes, it is a rewarding career. What type of surgery did your DS have (if you don't mind me asking). Was it a knee surgery? I remember you posting something about your family having knee surgery. So, what are your youthful anti-aging tips? Please do tell!! You do look fabulous BTW.

Oh no, it got late again. I keep telling myself I need to go to bed earlier and it just doesn't happen. Maybe tomorrow?? Have a great day!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.