PYGFO--Tuesday

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

I did post late yesterday. Today was Supersets following the December rotation. Major ouchie on the one legged squats and the explosive lunges!x( Do I sound like a wimp, or what??
Today is my last day of school for 2 1/2 weeks! Yeah!
I received my Cathe calendar in the mail yesterday. Looks great! Did anyone else order one?
I will be going to stay with my nephews for 4 days after Christmas and am already thinking what workout can I do while there! They have FitTV and Low Max will be on. Will I get much of a workout doing LowMax without a step? Or should I just take a kickbox dvd?

Hi to all my PYGFO girlfriends!
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Gin,

Yesterday I did C&W. I haven't done that workout in many months. It seemed much easier than I remember. I guess doing the 4DS w/o has increased my endurance which is odd since my w/o have been very sporadic.

I received my calendar yesterday also. I love the new pictures. Hopefully I will be inspired each month.
My kids get out of school on Thursday. My high schoolers are 1/2 days on Tues-Th for exams. We only have 8 schools days of vacationx(
They go back on Jan 3rd. It seems each year their vacations get shorter and shorter. I keep teachers kids during the year and they go back on the 2nd. My vacation is waaaay to short.

No w/o this morning, too many errands then babies to nap. Hopefully tonight..

Hi to everyone else..

Carolyn:p

Hi PYGFOers.

Gin, lucky you having so much time off! My DD is taking her last final today and DH is done teaching, except for a couple pesky meetings. I'm working all week and it's been kind of slow and boring.

Carolyn, I got my calender yesterday. I told DH he had to wrap it, since it is a Christmas present. I didn't peek yet.

I'm hoping to do 30 minutes of some kind of modified step this afternoon, then bicep and tricep work. This evening will be spent planning menus and making grocery lists for all my company.

Have a good day all.

Hello there!

Well, I'm at work all this week too. We have our office Christmas party tomorrow night (nothing fancy just drinks and food at a local restaurant) and then a HUGE "Holiday Luncheon" at the office on Friday (the office x-mas party tomorrow night is a combo of 4 companies, whereas the lunch on Friday is just for people at my office). I'm actually really excited for them. I love this time of year because there's more to my days than just the typical mundane, everyday crap. Parties, goodies, short work days (on Friday we get to leave after lunch!--and then we're off until the 26th!), just a plain sense of excitement and anticipation in the air. I LOVE Christmas!

Anyhoo, since I live with my SO now, this will be the first year in my entire life that I won't wake up at my parent's house on Christmas morning or spend the day with them. Christmas Eve is bigger with my family so my SO and will be there that night and then we're driving to Mass. on Christmas day to see his family. I haven't lived at home for years, but I still slept at my parent's house every Chrismas Eve--kind of like reliving my childhood once a year! This year I won't wake up to any excitement, no stockings, no siblings. I'm devestated. I wish I could get over it but I can't. My SO is NOT a x-mas guy so he doesn't really "get" my feelings about this. I'm incredibly bummed about it. It won't be the same holiday it always has been. :(

Anyway, back to reality. Work is SOOOOOO slow. I'm dying here. Sheesh. Hopefully I'll do Drill Max tonight. I'm thinking of shaking it up this week with circuits. I haven't done circuit workouts in a long time--the past 6 months or so I've done heavy lifting. I'm excited for it the change. I've created a mish-mosh of Cathe's Sept. '07 rotation for the next week and a half--putting in the workouts that I love that also burn a lot of calories. I was supposed to do drill max last night but didn't manage to fit it in. Ended up going to dinner with my SO and Dad instead. It was fun!

Ok, I should get back to doing nothing at work. ;) BBL! (Sorry for such a self absorbed post)....

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Hi ladies. I hope you all are having a nice holiday season and getting everything done that you need to. Just wanted to come on quickly and say that I miss you all. I think about you all the time. I am feeling much better and thank you all for your get well wishes. I am taking a break from the forum for awhile. I have some projects at work that I've been neglecting and I need to focus on that. We have a lot going on here this week to get ready for our few days off so it's been just crazy non stop anyway. I will be back probably after the new year to catch up and reconnect with everyone but until then I wish you a very merry christmas and much happiness to all of you.

The container has left Fort Worth! It is on its way to Houston and will sail from there on Friday.

DH is breathing a big sigh of relief. He is pointing out to me that normal weight workouts are an hour or so, and that you put 48 hours rest in between body parts. He has been lifting 8 hours/day for 5 days. He's ready for a break.

We're both so thrilled that we haven't hurt or strained anything. We're both sore, but there's a difference between 'sore' and 'hurt.' A big reason, IMO, is that we were already in shape before this project--I can't imagine doing this work and being OUT of shape. Every trip up the stairs I thought "this is like step ups on the box at high speed!"

We're taking a rest day before we start moving out of the house.

Gin and Robin--you guys had asked about departure dates for us and arrival dates for our shipment. Gin, we leave DFW on Saturday. Robin, normally we'd get back WAY before the shipment, because it goes on a slow boat and takes a couple months. However, we're not leaving right after New Year's anymore because a couple more agenda items for our furlough have come up. At this rate, our stuff ought to get there about when we do, which is really nice. :)

I wish I had my Stretch Max videos in the States with me . . . that's what I'd do today. But they're back in Africa. I guess I'll have to make it up myself.

Greetings to everyone. Happy Shopping.

Tess--we'll miss seeing you till you get back.

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.