PYGFO May 11-17, 2008

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
PYGFO Sisters:

Welcome to a new week! I checked in last night in our thread for last week, so I am just getting us started for the new week.

Hugs to Carolyn, Gin, Lara, Liann, Randi, Robin, and any other 2007 Road Trippers who visit this thread. Feel free to jump in anytime!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

PYGFO Sisters:

This was a delightful Sunday. After my quiet time this morning, I enjoyed Higher Intensity Step. Fun, fun, fun!

After a refreshing nap, I went shopping and bought 2 more pairs of shoes. I found a pair of brown and turquoise Nike running shoes at an amazing price, so I returned the Nike walking shoes that I bought last weekend and never wore and got these instead. Running shoes are more comfortable on my feet than walking shoes. I need the extra cushion. I also found a cute and comfortable pair of Bare Traps sandals at the mall and a cushy pair of flip flops at Academy. My shoe collection is officially at capacity. LOL!

I went to the club before closing time and did 8 assisted pull-ups, 8 assisted dips, and 8 assisted chin-ups at 160 pounds. Cathe encouraged me to do 2 sets of 4 reps for a few weeks, and this is working for me.

I wore my new Nike running shoes and ran-walked my second mile tonight. I added sprint intervals and walked to recover. I did not concern myself with speed this time. I just focused on completing the mile. This was enjoyable and fun! The beautiful weather and my favorite praise music helped! Glory! I know why all the Cheetahs love running! I was still floating on a cloud when I went to HEB and wrapped up my grocery shopping tonight. I listened to praise music and danced down the aisles! I am excited to add running to my rotation. I still feel so good, and I could get addicted to this intense high.

I am a Nike girl all the way. My stride was much more natural in these shoes. I did not feel like I needed an adjustment after my run tonight.

I am looking forward to 4-Day Split Kickbox in the morning. I may do the workout as filmed instead of the Butts and Guts leg blast premix. I have not done a strength-based lower body workout in months.

I hope y’all had a blessed Mother’s Day.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hello.

I can't believe the weekend is over already! I was sad to see my sister leave today. We have had a lot of fun!! We had a great Mother's Day also. My DH, mom, mother-in-law, and sister all surprised me with my first Mother's Day gifts. It was very sweet of them all since I am just a mom-to-be!
I have another OB appointment tomorrow. It is my glucose tolerance testing, so it will take several hours. Hopefully, I will get to hear DD's heartbeat again! I have definitely gained weight this week. I can still hide my little belly though. I think most of my gain is because my sister was here baking, we had tons of shower food (and leftovers), and lots of trips out to eat. My workouts have been a little lacking also. I was able to do LoMax tonight.

I will be back for personals. I know I keep saying that, but I really have not been home this weekend. I hope you are all doing well.

Heather...I am glad you enjoyed your run. I hope to run a little after DD is born to get back in shape.

I hope all you mom's had a great day!!

Good almost afternoon ladies! My weekend was way too short as well. We spent all morning Saturday cleaning up and then that evening my DH's sister and her DH and kids came over. It was something... Everyone keeps telling me that it is different when they are your own kids, but man after having those two over, I'm just not sure I'm cut out for kids. I think you must have to have some kind of "gift" to be able to handle it. In the kid's defense though, I really blame their parents for their behavior. They were running all over the house, opening doors and going in our bedroom. I found them both rummaging through the drawers in my bedroom and then later they were running through my flower beds that I JUST worked on last weekend. I ended up locking almost every room in the house to keep them out, because their parents let them do whatever they wanted. I was never allowed to do that kind of stuff when I was little. I would have gotten my butt spanked for even going in the bedroom of someone's house that we were visiting. I just really feel they were rude not keeping their children under control while visiting my house and I don't understand why I had to be the one watching their children the whole time while they just sat around and let them destroy my house. I'm not bitter at all! ;)

Heather - I'm glad you had such a good run. I really believe that the shoes can make a HUGE difference. I also have Nike running shoes. :)

Lara - I'm sorry that your visit with your sister is over, but I'm glad that you had such a good time. That was so sweet of them to get you Mother's Day gifts!!! :)

I am so nervous about the Township meeting tonight... :eek: Not sure if I mentioned this to you gals, but I am having some land issues with a neighbor and have to go to a meeting tonight to try and straighten things out. Wish me luck!

Hugs to all the rest of you ladies - Robin, Tess, Vicki, Laura, Gin, Randi, etc...

Hi ladies! Hope you all are doing well. I am hanging in there. I haven't worked out since Friday. Although yesterday I did spend all day getting ready for my mom, dad, and aunt's visit in a few weeks. I finally unpacked the last of our moving boxes (we moved over 1 year ago) and got my 2nd guest room organized. Then I painted one of my built in bookshelves downstairs, which was quite a project. I definitely felt worked out by the end of the day. I am going to try to do muscle max tonight.

So Thurs I am going to see Vicki! Yay! Her boys are playing a gig in SC Thurs night, so DH and I are going to go see them. Hopefully Friday we will be able to spend some time together and we're leaving Sat. I will tell her you all said hello.

Liann - sorry to hear about your land issues. I definitely know what you mean about having kids.

Heather - I have Nike running shoes too. Love them.

Lara - How exciting to get your first mother's day gifts!!

Hi Girls!!

I just finished B&G Overall Legs Premix. I don't usually work out late in the day, but was too tired this morning. Got home late last night from picking up ds and dil from the airport returning from their honeymoon.
We had our graduation at school today and it always makes me a little sad to see the kids move on.:-(

Heather--Yeah to the running!! You go girl! You and your shoes... you make me laugh!

Lara--How was your OB appt? Your family sounds so sweet. They were kind to surprise you with the Mother's Day gifts.

Liann--Sorry about the unruly children at your house. That would be upsetting! I have been teaching 4 and 5 year olds for 16 years and I have watched the behavior worsen through the years. Parenting is definitely a fulltime job. Very rewarding , but tough. Did you see the humongous snake on OD???:eek:

Tess--Enjoy your visit with Vicki! Tell her that we miss visiting with her!

Laura--Hope you are feeling better! Hope you can meet with us next week for our TX GTG! I would love to meet you next week at your Monday step class. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Gin:)

Hey girls. I'm feeling much better and did go work out this morning. I was wiped out with about 20 minutes still to go in the class, but somehow I made it through. So I could tell I hadn't worked out in a week! Hopefully I'll have a fast recovery curve.

I also met with a personal trainer this morning. I had never done that, and it was SO motivating. 24-hour includes a free orientation session with a trainer and they talk about goals, do a body-fat percentage test, and try to show you some new exercises in areas where you feel in a rut. The gal I worked with has a masters in Health Ed and is planning to work toward a PhD. She knew her stuff.

Gin, I'd love to see you at step class. I'm not sure how that works about non-members. I'll check to see if I can bring a guest. :)

Hello to Liann, Heather, Lara, Robin, Tess, Vicki, Michelle, and any others who show up. :)

Hello.

Today I had a doctor's appointment and worked late, so no workout:( My appointment went well. I have gained 2 pounds since my last visit (1 month ago) making my total gain 4 pounds. I thought for sure I had gained more than that, especially after my sister's visit. I can't believe I am almost in my 3rd trimester! I drank that gross sugary drink and had blood work done. They will only call me if something looks wrong with the blood work. Hopefully, I won't get any calls from them!!

Liann...I am sorry about your bad experience with the kids. I was never allowed to act like that either!! I am a little nervous about having kids also. I just hope we are good parents and that our children will be well behaved! How was your meeting about your land?

Tess...It sounds like you have been very busy! We are looking to buy soon, and I am really dreading the packing and un-packing! How exciting to get to go see Vicki and her boys! You all will have so much fun!

Gin...I know what you mean about being sad to see your kids move on. I am so heartbroken when I have to discharge kids from therapy. It is really a good thing (usually) b/c it means they have made good progress, but it doesn't make it any easier!! I was so surprised to get Mother's Day treats!! I am blessed to have a great family!

Laura...It sounds like you had a qualified personal trainer. Will you get to work out with her again?

Hello to anyone else. I am hoping to get in cardio and weights tomorrow, but we'll see. I am still so exhausted from my sister's visit, but it was well worth it!

Hi all.

Heather, you are turning into a Cheetah! Good for you. I haven't tried running since my surgery. I'm not sure I'll be able to run any more.

Tess, lucky you, getting to meet up with Vicki. Tell her I'll be at Cathe's on the Friday before the July RT. I miss her.

Gin, how was the lovebird's honeymoon? Great, I hope. Will they live near you?

Lara, have fun with the glucose tolerance. They didn't routinely give them when I had my babies. I don't know if I could have kept the nasty drink down. Good luck. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family.

Laura, I got the issue of Fitness that metions you! (A person all the way from Uganda.)

I've been doing OK keeping up my workouts. My eating has been terrible, so I'm making a real effort to get it back in line. I started a book I got from the library called Life Doesn't Begin 5 Pounds from Now - A Step by Step Guide to Loving YOur Body Today. So far I'm not crazy about it, but I'll let you all know if I think it's something worth reading. Have a great week. Miss you!

Good Afternoon!

Today I did IMAX3, which always wears me out!:p But fun!
Today was my very last day with the kids. Lots of hugs and sweet, tearful goodbyes from the kids and moms!

Laura--Great that you can work with a pt at the gym, and a good one! Let me know about the class rules at 24 hr fitness. I just read on line that guests can have a 1 week free membership, but that may not include the classes. I just thought that would be a fun way to get together!

Lara--Only 4 lbs?? You will get your pg weight off in no time!

Robin--You were so sweet to ask about the honeymoon. They said they had a great time. They are so happy and are living in Austin now (3 hours from us) DS still has his apt here and will be back and forth working here for a while. Hope the book gets better.

Hi to everyone else!

Hello!

I was able to do BMax 2 Bootcamp and then added on the upper body and abs again at the end. My arms definitely felt it since I have been slacking on my weights lately! I am hoping to pick my workouts back up again this week, but won't be able to tomorrow. I work all day and then go straight to a hair appointment. She always gets me in around 7 at night. My stylist is moving soon, so I hope I can find someone with a flexible schedule!

Robin...Is the book getting any better? I haven't been the best with my eating lately either. I am ready to get back on track also!

Gin...I hope I will be able to work the baby weight off fast! My little girl had been so good to me! I am so lucky to have had a good pregnancy so far. I hope it continues!! That is so nice that DS lives 3 hours away. My family wishes my sister would move closer to home. Maybe one day! Great job on IMAX 3!

I have to go do a ton of paperwork before bed. Have a great Wednesday!

PYGFO Sisters:

I felt great for 24 hours, but I crashed last night. My friend’s cardio boot camp class at the club pushed me over the edge and brought me back to reality. This class is not just hard. It is hell! The cardio boot camp trainer who wanted me to sprint Friday night during my 1-mile fitness test leads this class. She told me last night that she knows what I can do now, and she pushed me really hard. She wants me to improve my running time before next month.

I sat in my car after class wondering what hit me and talked to a friend on my cell phone until I recovered enough to drive home. Oh my word! I crashed on the living room floor because I was too wiped out to take another step. Thankfully, this was a planned rest and recovery day. I slept until 7:00 a.m., enjoyed the band segment of Stretch Max, and still feel like I have been run over by a steamroller. One more week of this class before I start a new rotation. I can do this! This class is definitely for the challenge because it is way too grueling to be fun. The instructor affectionately refers to me as Heather Woman. One of the girls in class who has never met me before misunderstood her and asked me if I am Wonder Woman. LOL! She obviously thinks I am! Pit Bull (my name for her) was my personal trainer before I started training with Cathe at home. She is more like Jillian Michaels, and she keeps making the class harder and harder so none of us can adapt to it. Ugh! Is it Friday yet?

I slept too late this morning to fix my steel-cut oatmeal. I settled for sprouted 7-grain cinnamon raisin bread (the soy free version of Ezekiel bread) with natural peanut butter instead.

I am eating more whole grains these days and not enough fruits and veggies. Eating more fruits and veggies and drinking more water will be my next goals.

After another stormy morning, I enjoyed the warm sunshine this afternoon. This was my rest and recovery day, and I am relaxing at home tonight.

Lara, I love Low Max. What a joy to hear your precious little one’s heartbeat!

Liann, I am always amazed at parents who let their kids run wild in our office! Some of our clients bring a bunch of kids with them and let them pull down blinds, slam doors, scream, tear up magazines, and run wild! They seem to be oblivious to it. I have chased toddlers down the hall to catch them before they took a ride on the elevator. Those little ones know how to open doors! I am a legal assistant and a babysitter at times! I love kids and enjoy playing with them. It is just unbelievable to me that parents let them act like that in public. I have been praying for your meeting.

Tess, I am so happy to see you again! Please give Vicki a big hug and tell her that she is missed too!

Gin, I am looking forward to seeing you and Jean and hopefully Laura too. I need to contact Pennie and Kristi again. I love the IMAX3 step choreography! Fun, fun, fun!

Laura, I am glad you are feeling better. I am keeping you and your family and especially your son in my prayers. I hope you can join us Memorial Day weekend!

Robin, take care of that knee. Speaking of books, I still need to read Peter Walsh’s book on clutter butts and give you a review. LOL!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Gin--I sent you an email.

Could you or Heather send me details about the TX reunion so I can see if that will work for me? I'd love to come. :D

Gin--me again.

Here's the deal with 24-hour fitness. Yes! They do have a 7 day free pass. I called them and they said that you can sign up for it online. Now, Phillip did that before we got our membership, and when he did it in the club, they made him sit through this little sales talk. But maybe you don't if you sign up for it online.

But I'd love to have you come to the class. So you can check it out online and see how it looks. Gina also teaches on Thursday, a kickboxing class. I didn't get to go to it last week because I was sick. But Phillip was in the gym when she was teaching and said she looked like Tigger. :) They actually have quite a number of good classes.

Anyway, let me know. The class is 8:30 am on Monday at the 24 on loop 820.

Laura:

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox! I hope to be back later for personals and my update for today.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Laura--
I didn't see an e-mail from you. I don't have your e-mail address and wasn't able to PM you for some reason. Hopefully Heather was able to send info on our TX get together and that you'll be able to join us.
I will check into the online sign-up for 24 hr.fitness and let you know. I'd love to meet you for the Monday class and possibly Thursday also. ( All next week) My schedule has slowed down since school is out.:)

Good morning ladies! My life has been pretty boring this week, hence the lack of check-ins. Monday night's meeting went fine, but when it all comes down to it, their main recommendation was to try and work it out with the lady across the street. Right now, we are just waiting for her to get back to us on how much it would cost to have the lot line changed. That will really determine our next steps. Until then, our landscaping project is on hold. :(

My eating has been out of control lately - wayy too much Ben & Jerry's thanks to DH who bought it because it was on SALE. We plan to go grocery shopping this weekend though and go back to our BFL eating starting Monday. We both feel like slobs, so this has been a good lesson for us.

I have also been really bad with working out - just haven't been. Once the weather gets warmer, I spend every hour after work either mowing, working in the garden, reorganizing the house, etc... I know, excuses, excuses. Last night I forced myself to work out and feel so much better about myself now. I always know that working out makes me feel good, but sometimes I cannot convince myself of that when it's time to go work out. I just really need to use the RT as incentive to get myself into shape. And by that, I do not really mean how I look as much as getting my endurance back and being able to keep up with the classes without passing out. ;)

Well, enough about me!!!

Tess - It sounds like you have had a lot of projects going on too! It's so hard to keep up with the working out while trying to keep up with everything else!

Gin - Yes, I did see that huge anaconda thread! It's amazing how big those suckers get. What's even more amazing is that I know people who keep them as pets (wierdos). If you search up that thread, you'll see a few pics of some of my snakes - much cuter than that anaconda!!! ;)

Laura - I'm glad you had a good session with the personal trainer. Sometimes, I think it would be really helpful to have someone there in person motivating me and correcting my form. Unfortunately, all I have is Dakota most days, and wieners aren't experts in form. ;)

Lara - Hi girl! Hope all is well and that you did not get a call back on the blood work. Can't believe you are nearing your third trimester!!!

Robin - How's that book coming along. The title cracks me up because it is so true. I always think about everything in relation to when I hit my target weight.

Heather - I think a lot of parents (not all of course) today are wayyy more relaxed with letting their kids run wild than they used to. My parents and my DH's parents NEVER let us act like that. My DH mentioned it to his mom (in a nice way) and she went off on him about being judgmental and not understanding what it's like since he doesn't have any kids yet. I get really frustrated with that because the fact is that they (the SIL & BIL) let their kids run wild and our parents didn't. So obviously, there's been some kind of change in discipline. I don't have to have 10 kids to see that. Ok, now I'm ranting... :) Sorry! Some of her comments just really got to me.

Ok, this post has become a novel now! I'd better run before I put you all to sleep!

Hello.

DH and I just got back from seeing STOMP. We have seen it a couple of times, but it was in our package at the Arts Center, so we went again. I am suppose to be cleaning for the housecleaner, but I am tired. I did DM before we went to dinner. Some of the jumping moves are starting to feel a little strange, but I was still able to do them. I wonder how much longer before I need to stick with low impact.

Liann...I didn't get a call, so I will take that as good news:) I can't believe it either. I will be in my third trimester this week!! I hope your neighbor will cooperate with you about the property line. Hopefully, you will get to do your landscaping project soon! I haven't been so great with my workouts lately either. I hope to change that this weekend though!! It sounds like you are still staying active with all of your yard work. That counts too!! :)

I had better get back to straightening up and then to bed! Good night!

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lost sole here on this forum. I have been very busy with end of the school year stuff. My DS graduates from high school next week and I have spend the past week or so trying to get the house organized for the big party. We are staining our deck and the weather just hasn't been cooperating with us. It has taken almost a month to finish the darn thing. It is quite large and my Dh insists on staining the floor himself. I have been working on the railing for 2 weeks now, it is taking 2 coats x( . Hope to be compeltely finished tomorrow. Today is my other DS birthday (turning 16) so we have other things to do with him.

Last night I met up with some Cathe friends. It was Lorie (lederr), Jodi (jodijodi) and Catherine (fit fairy) and her sister Maryann. WE met for dinner at a place called Twisted Taco. It was a lot of fun to be able lto chat about working out, the road trip and other Cathe stuff.

I'll try to catch up on personals over the next few day. Once things get back to normal I hope to post more regularly.

Hi to everyone:)

Hello.

We spent most of the day looking at houses and pondering what we should do. I am not sure we have found "the" house, but we have 2 that we like a lot. DH and I took our dog up to the mountain where his parents live and walked for about 50 minutes. I wouldn't call it a calorie-burning Cathe workout, but at least we were moving.

Carolyn...Congratulations on DS's graduation! It sounds like you and DH have been working really hard. I bet your deck will look beautiful! Is your DS planning on going to school close by? I hope you all had fun celebrating your other DS's birthday!

I am hoping to do both cardio and weights tomorrow. I was suppose to do that today, but it didn't happen. DH and dog should be back soon with my veggie pizza--YUM! Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.