PYGFO June1-7

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies
It's June already! I'm so excited I have today and tomorrow off of work. It rarely happens that I have 2 days off of work in a row!
Today is the 3rd week of my endurance rotation. Here is this weeks workouts:
Sun BM2 double upper body premix
Mon KM Low Impact Premix with Leg conditioning drills
Tues B&G Overall Legs premix plus abs
Wed SS and PP upper body only
Thurs Step Blast
Fri Step Jump and Pump
I need more blog updates! I'm getting so anxious!
Have a great day everyone talk to ya'll later
Randi

Hi Girls!

I am starting a 4ds rotation for the month of June. Today was 4ds C&B and LIS abs. The rotation has alot less cardio than I am used to and I am curious to see how my body responds. But then, in July I think I better ADD more cardio to get ready for the RT!!

Randi--Thanks for starting our new thread for the week. Enjoy your 2 days off. I am also ready to read something new on the blogs about STS.

Laura--How is your wrist? So sorry it has been bothering you so much! Glad you enjoyed the Shadow Box class.

Liann--How was the picnic/pool party? A swim in the pool sounds great. Summer is definitely here in TX!:p

Lara--How is the pet sitting? I e-mailed the pic of you with Cathe's crew. Did you get it?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Thanks, Randi, for getting us started for the week.

Today has been a TERRIBLE food day. A friend took us out for lunch after church, and I totally DEVOURED the chips and salsa before my food even came. I ordered chicken and spinach enchiladas on corn tortillas (OK so far), but they were slathered in sour cream sauce. Yikes! And yummy--I devoured the whole plate. }( (It wasn't a huge serving, but still . . .)

I came home and mid-afternoon really got the munchies. I thought rice cakes a popcorn would give me that satisfying crunch and get me through--but then I caved in a made brownies. I'm much worse with the salty food than with sweets, usually, but I can't resist a brownie sundae. So, here I am!

Well the damage could've been worse--much worse. And tomorrow is another day.

Here are my planned workouts this week
Mon--1 hour step class
Tues--treadmill or elliptical
Wednesday--upper body workout--my wrist is almost back to normal, but I will use all machines and no free weights, just to be sure
Thursday--Kick Box Class
Friday--lower body weights
Saturday--some other cardio--class or a cardio machine?

My DS is calling me--we're about to watch Star Trek Voyager--we just bought the boxed disks. We're real trekkers and already have all 7 seasons of Next Generation!

Laura

Hello.

I wasn't able to workout today. I have been working on all of my end of the year evaluations. I still have 2 more to do before we leave and I am running out of time. I am hoping to squeeze in some type of workout tomorrow.

Randi...Have a great 2 days off from work! I am wanting to hear more about STS also!! I was hoping to at least be able to try the 1st mesocycle before DD comes, but I am not sure that will happen. Oh well, I guess I will be ready to use it afterward to get back in shape.

Gin...It went well. The dogs were attached to me the whole time they were here. They are back home now. I kind of miss them sitting next to me while I am on my couch typing. My GS dog won't get on the couch with me even though I would let her. I did not get your email. Thank you so much for trying to send it to me. Do you want me to send you my email address? I would love to see it! Let us know how you like the less cardio rotation. I usually end up doing more cardio in my rotations.

Laura...I am with you on the bad eating day! I started off so well, but we had to go to a going away party for one of our friends. I didn't eat a ton of food, but I ate a lot of things I don't usually eat (potato salad heavy in mayo and cream cheese, slaw, fritos, strawberry shortcake, etc). I just feel gross now, especially b/c I did not workout. You are right though, tomorrow is another day. I will eat healthier!! Hope you enjoyed Star Trek!

Have a great Monday. I can't wait to leave for the beach!!

Lara--sorry about your bad food day, but misery sure does love company.

Yesterday was a MUCH better food day. DS did provide me with a somewhat nutrient poor snack in the mid-afternoon. But, hey, when your 8 year old takes the initiative to think of making you a snack and then goes and does the whole thing himself, you eat what he brings, no matter what! :9 His gesture was just so sweet, and he actually cleaned up after himself. Amazing.

Yesterday's step class was great. I was READY to be through at the end of an hour. Today is already turning busy--I've been to one meeting and back home. So we'll see what happens. I may end up doing cardio tomorrow after my upper body work, instead of working out today.

Happy Tuesday to all.

Laura

OK. I did sneak in a 3-mile run--and was proud of myself.

So, Gin, when I see your post about how you ran 3 miles and THEN did a Cathe step video, I'm just going to close my eyes!! LOL.

Good Morning Girls!

Today I ran 3 miles and then......did KB abs and SM1...no adding on a Cathe step workout today!!:eek: So Laura, you can open your eyes now!;-) Actually I am trying to do less cardio this month and see what happens.
I have been seeing a chiropractor for my lower back, she had me take some x-rays last week, looked at them Monday and told me I have moderate scoliosis. Well,that was news to me. Shs is going to recommend some exercises and a heel lift and orthotics. Not sure if that is what is causing my lower back pain ,though.

Laura--Your ds8 sounds like a real sweetie to make a snack for you. WTG with the running 3 miles today!! And I'll bet there were no little children following you saying, "How are you? How are you?":)

Lara--When do you leave on your vacation? Have a safe trip.

Hi to all other PYGFOers! Where is everybody??

Yes, Gin, where is everybody?

I think Lara must've frantically gotten her paperwork done and then left. Happy vacation, Lara!

Randi and Lianne, what's up with you girls? Anyone heard from Robin? Heather, hugs and prayers to you if you're reading!

You're right, Gin, there were no little uniformed school children chasing me on the treadmill on Tuesday!! :) And I did open my eyes to read your post since you didn't do a step tape!

Wednesday I did finally do upper body work again. I used all machines because my wrist is still not 100%. Everything was fine except that I still can't do bicep curls. The backwards tension against my wrist still hurts. But otherwise I got in a good workout. I'm still trying to be very careful and not push too hard too soon. I don't want this to turn into something long-term!

Yesterday's Kickbox class was great. In the past, I've really preferred Cathe's step tapes to her kickbox tapes--perhaps because all of her kickbox drills are grueling! }( But the fact that I've been regularly going to a class is helping me get the form for kickbox, and I'm enjoying it more. I was really able to get into the workout yesterday and not just concentrate on keeping up with when to kick and when to punch. That was fun.

Going to try to sneak in a lower body weights workout today, but it's a busy day. We'll see.

Sorry gals, I've been a little MIA this week. We have training going on here at work and I have been busy with that and with my boss who decided to make his once every few months trip up to the HQ office. :) I have been trying to keep my eating under control this week, but it has been difficult with all the food that has been brought in for the training. I haven't been completely out of control though. :) Vacation is in three weeks, so I am going into strict eating mode for the next few weeks. No sweets, no sodas, very little bread, etc. I did 4DS upper body yesterday. My arms are finally starting to get some good definition, I just need to lose a few more pounds of flab so the muscle can show through better. 5 lbs is all I ask, but I swear I cannot get the scale to budge! :eek: They weren't kidding when they say the last few pounds are the hardest to lose!

I'm going to go try to catch up with this thread now. Will be back. :)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today I ran and then (close you eyes, Laura!;) ) I did 4ds KB and B&G sta. ball abs.
I ordered Tracey's Strike Zone and can't wait. The clips look great! She has such a cute personality.
Next week I am teaching "Summer Fun" at the school where I have been teaching for 16 years. I have another job in the fall, so this will be IT at this school. Lots of great memories!:(

Laura--Lara must be on vacation. I keep thinking about Heather and hope all is well with her. Sorry that your wrist is not 100% yet. Are you close to your move back date?

Liann--Great to "see" you here again! I certainly hear you with the last 5 lbs. is soo tough to lose!! I have been very careful with my diet for the past 2 weeks and really don't see any difference. Maybe I'm too impatient!x( I also started a rotation with a lot less cardio than I am used to thinking that might make a difference?!?! Where is vacation?

Gin - I will go several weeks eating very good and see 0 change. Then, I will fall off the wagon and eat like a pig for a few weeks and again 0 change. I think I just need to stick to it for a few months and then MAYBE I'll see the scale budge. I'm not a very patient person either though.

I'm heading out to WA state to visit family, go to Glacier National Park and hang out for a week at Priest Lake in Northern Idaho. We'll be all over the place. :)

I cannot wait for Strike Zone either!!!

Gin and Liann--I am with you on the body's strange response to a program you would think would cause weight loss.

I gained some weight in the fall because of everyone hosting us for meals--either at that house or at restaurants. If they cooked, then they ply you with seconds and with dessert and you just feel bad to say 'no.'

I worked hard from Feb all through April--clean eating, 5 workouts a week--and saw NOTHING! No weight loss, which was OK, but not even any change in how my clothes fit. I was SO discouraged.

Then I came to TX and BOOM--shed 5 pounds and clothes fit like they did when we came home. Don't ask me why. I did add 1 cardio session per week and put just a little more emphasis on being really "clean" and not just "tidy" in my eating. But I can't say that there was that much difference in my routine. So what made the weight and inches go? I HAVE NO IDEA! Gin, maybe we can just credit it to being back in TX.

I wish I did know, because, while I've lost some weight, I still need to get the body fat percentage down--so I've still got work to do.;-)

It's crazy--all these scientific studies--and we're the "educated crowd" right? But sometimes it still seems like a mystery!

If you figure out something that works for you, let me know. Good luck!!

Laura

Randi-How's your endurance rotation going? Are you seeing results?

Yesterday I did lower body--again all machines so I didn't have to handle a bar--but still very effective!

Today was a step class. It was a good workout but not as fun as the Monday class.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.