PYGFO June 15-21

woopig

Cathlete
Hello!!

I am back from vacation---we had a great time!! It is hard to come back to the real world!! I missed my dog a lot, so I am happy to be home with her.

I was able to do some workouts while gone, but nothing too intense. We mostly walked on the beach or on a trail. It was so hot, so I couldn't get my HR up too much. I also did DM, KPC, and BC (original). Today I did LIC as-is and added the bonus cardio, blasts, and abs (modified) at the end. I could tell my workouts have been less intense lately b/c I was worn out at the end!! I will have to work to get my fitness level back. It is getting harder as I get further along!!

I will have to go back and read the threads to catch up with everyone. I just wanted to start us out for the week.

I hope you all enjoyed Father's Day.

Welcome back, Lara. It is SO hard to re-join the real world after vacation!

We had a good packing trip to my mom's. Almost all of our luggage is ready for the big trip 12 days from now. That is such a HUGE job and we're glad to have it done before the last minute.

It was a weekend of TERRIBLE eating, but hey, 2 weeks from now I will be back in Africa and there will be no junk food.

This morning was my step class--again, fun and tough.

See you later!

Laura

Woke up with a sore throat today, so I've been sitting in the recliner sipping soup and watching Star Trek.

I'm hoping if I rest today I'll be back to full speed tomorrow. Since we fly in 11 days, I really need to catch this before I have a full blown cold!

So--obviously--I did not work out today.

How are the rest of you?

I had to put Bailey my chocolate lab down on Thursday. Wednesday she vomited 3 times didn't eat or drink, got home from work at 7 and she was just laying on the kitchen floor on her side and wouldn't really get up when I called her. Took her to the vet as soon as they opened on Thursday. Dr Sylva found a huge mass in her stomach which must of burst and she was bleeding internally making her gums real pail she was not really responsive. He said for her sake is to put her down:( So I left her at the vet went home and waited for my family to get off work. The whole fam was there including my older brother (her founder) :)And she laid on her side as he put her to sleep. She died peacefully in my arms. It was the saddest day of my Life.
I've obviously have been grieving the past 5 days been drained and have lost my appitite. I started working out today. Did High Step Challenge and Bootcamp core only.
Talk to ya soon
Randi:)

Hello.

Today was C&W. I had planned to do more, but I took a nap instead. I think I am still recovering from vacation. It was relaxing, but I didn't sleep well the entire trip.
I had a doctor's appointment Monday. She said everything looked great. I have gained a total of 8 pounds. I am 30 weeks. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now.

Laura...I am sorry you have a sore throat. Are you feeling any better? I hope you are fully recovered before your big trip.

Randi...{{HUGS}} I am SO sorry about Bailey. She was lucky to have a family that loved her. I know that must have been very difficult. Dogs are so special.

Hi PYGFOers. Sorry to be MIA, but I just don't seem to have any spare time lately. I've been thinking a lot about you.

Randi, so very sorry about Bailey. It's tough to say goodbye to a loved one.

Lara, I'm glad to see you are doing so well.

Laura, hope the sore throat doesn't turn into anything nasty.

We had a wonderful trip to Yellowstone. I've been doing pretty well getting back into workout mode. Now I just have to get my eating back under control. How is Heather? Gin? Vickie? Tess?

Oh Randi, I'm sooo sorry!!! I had wondered how that turned out. :( (((HUGS)))

Exercise has been pretty non-existent for me the last few days - at least "organized" exercise. I have been so busy out in the yard, landscaping and cleaning up the garage with DH, moving boxes to the attic, etc... We are getting a pool next week (WOO-HOO) and have been running around getting everything ready for that. The pool was delivered yesterday, so we had to clean the garage so we would have somewhere to put it in the meantime. Getting my permits, inspections, and waivers for that has pretty much overtaken my life the last 2 weeks, so I haven't had anything interesting to post. :( Hope you all are doing well!!! I'm going to go see what I have missed in this thread now.

Hi.

I tried StikeZone today. It was fun, but I just didn't have much energy. That is how I have felt this whole week of workouts. I need to get my energy back so my workouts will be more productive.
While I was doing SZ, I kept thinking how cute Tracey's pants were. Then I saw the thread about them in the OD. I really like them, but they are so expensive! I want to buy them, but I keep thinking I need to spend it on the baby instead. Maybe afterward??

Robin...I think I saw that while I was gone you had a birthday. Happy Be-Lated Birthday!! Did you celebrate?

Randi...How did you KB workout go?

Liann...It sounds like you have been working hard! Now that my workload is reduced (since it is summer) I need to get busy and get "organized" myself. I have lots of projects that I have been saving for summer. So far, I haven't brought myself to do any of them.

I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Good Morning Ladies
After five days off my body is sore from the last 2 days of working out! Yesterday I did cardio conditioning from KPC then 4DS kickbox. Today might do Power Hour. This is the last week of endurance. I've noticed I've lost some bulk to my muscles, i've gotten smaller. Does anyone else notice that when they do endurance? I know it's best top switch some things up
Randi

Hi.

I had more energy today and did LoMax plus Blasts and then SS Upper Body Blast. I enjoyed SS. I don't think I have pulled that one out in about a year, so it kind of felt like a new workout.

Randi...I have noticed I get a little smaller when I do more endurance based training. I don't worry too much though b/c as soon as I start lifting heavier, it all returns. It must be muscle memory. I like to switch things up also.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I am SO glad that I took it easy from day one with my throat because it STILL turned nasty, even with lots of rest and pampering. I am finally up and around, but still not working out.

The only good thing I can say about my illness is that when your throat hurts that bad, the only food you put in your mouth is what is absolutely necessary for survival. Maybe I can carry that lesson with me.

The other good thing is that I got sick THIS week, and not NEXT week when I'm supposed to fly.

Randi--I'm so sorry about your lab. We lost one of our Danes while we've been in the States, and we haven't broken the news to the kids. We have to do that before we leave because, obviously, she won't be there to greet us when we get back. It's really sad because my 3-year-old learned to walk by pulling up on Cosette's collar. Great Danes are just so sweet with kids. We still have a young Dane and are planning to mate her with one of our co-workers dogs. But losing Cosette is so sad. So, I'm with you, girl!

Hello Lara, Liann, Gin, and Heather. Robin, so good to see you back, even for a short post. We miss you!

Hi to Tess and Vicki if you poke your head in!

Good Afernoon Ladies!

I have been out of town and have missed you guys!
Today I did 4ds lower body, B&G abs, and BM2 cardio. 90 min!:p

Lara--Welcome back from vacation. We leave to go to Florida next week for a few days . Can't wait! Can't believe you have only gained 8#!! You won't have anything to lose! I tried Strike Zone when visiting my parents this week.

Laura--So you are moving next Sat??:-( I'll try to get a copy of my Cathe songs cd for you and mail. E-mail me your address. So sorry about losing one of your dogs! Are your kids ready to go back?

Randi--So sorry about your sweet Bailey! I know dogs can be such an important part of our lives.

Robin--Fancy seeing you poke your head in her, girl!!
:) Saw your great pics of Yellowstone and Happy Belated B-day!!:) :) Heather said she was taking a break from checking in and will be back on July 4th.

Liann--When will you be able to swim in your new pool? How fun!!:)

Have a great weekend!
Gin:)

Laura,
I did get your e-mail, put your cd together and plan to mail it to your mother Monday. Enjoy!

Gin:)

Wow--thanks so much, Gin. That will be awesome. I'll love listening to it, and it will always make me think--not only of Cathe--but of you, too.

:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.